• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

WOW

At the tips of highway medians, there are collapsible bumpers which are designed to lessen an impact if you drive straight into them. These exist in real life and work in the game. You can even drive into it to extend it again.

Do we know if the properties in the single player game are the same as the properties in the Online game? If so I wonder if I should have let my custom character buy some of them instead.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Sucks that you have to cheese the game or rely on the weird ass stock market to be able to buy everything. Finished the game but already completed all the Lester missions except the last.

Which are best properties to get for profit that aren't the super expensive ones?

terrible

Banned
WOW

At the tips of highway medians, there are collapsible bumpers which are designed to lessen an impact if you drive straight into them. These exist in real life and work in the game. You can even drive into it to extend it again.

I ran through them on foot. That was the first time I realized what they actually were.

This game.THIS GAME. Eventually it'll stop impressing me but as it stands now there's at least one new thing per day that blows my mind.

beastmode

Oh man, turning off GPS is the best thing ever. Los Santos isn't just the background anymore. E.g. just discovered that corner stores have interiors 60+ hours in.

TheDanger

Banned
still no word on a vehicle respawn fix? I lost enough customized cars already and I want to save the jet in my hangar. Please all they have to do is that all vehicles are handled like bought airplanes or the tank and everything is perfect.

Oh man, turning off GPS is the best thing ever. Los Santos isn't just the background anymore. E.g. just discovered that corner stores have interiors 60+ hours in.

This is why I'd love the option to see GPS directions on the roads in game (like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs) so that we could set destinations but keep our eyes on the world. You'd be able to remove the GPS from the screen and still know where to go.

But knowing the rest of this game's HUD-work, it would just be too small and faint anyway.

Ishida

Banned
Just got to the part with Patricia
returning to her husband and leaving Trevor. Trevor's personality in this event really made me a sad panda... I hope Patricia returns to him. (No spoilers please!)

Can anyone with the 360 version(I have the PSN version) confirm that there are no longer bloody footprints when walking through blood puddles? Just feels weird that it's missing given L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3, Red Dead, and GTA IV had them. GTA V even has footprints for different surfaces, ie snow, dirt, sand, etc.

Edit: Also, current bawsaq advice? Crazy people reaching a billion dollars I read earlier in this thread.

jambo

still no word on a vehicle respawn fix? I lost enough customized cars already and I want to save the jet in my hangar. Please all they have to do is that all vehicles are handled like bought airplanes or the tank and everything is perfect.

Just buy the Los Santos Custom on the southern edge of Sandy Shores with Franklin and stick to that for now.

Can anyone with the 360 version(I have the PSN version) confirm that there are no longer bloody footprints when walking through blood puddles? Just feels weird that it's missing given L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3, Red Dead, and GTA IV had them. GTA V even has footprints for different surfaces, ie snow, dirt, sand, etc.
Yep. There are none. I noticed it before and found it strange. Even GTA III had them if I'm not mistaken.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Underwater scuba diving
in the alamo sea is terrifying.. Just plain creepy!

How did you get scuba gear over to there?

Had my first shark spotting in the sea last night. I was diving for sub parts and actually just picked up the 30th piece when I see a blip on my radar and notice a shark near me. Shit. My boat is at least 100 metres away at this point so I start swimming quickly towards it, keeping the camera on the shark which seems to swim near, circle me and then swim away when I lash out trying to punch it. This happens three or four times until I get within just a few feet of my boat. I surface, press triangle to get in the boat and then when I'm barely a second from getting in, I see a fin crest the wave and CHOMP, that's the end of Trevor. It was galling but hilarious. That bastard shark.

ieatzombies

How did you get scuba gear over to there?

Had my first shark spotting in the sea last night. I was diving for sub parts and actually just picked up the 30th piece when I see a blip on my radar and notice a shark near me. Shit. My boat is at least 100 metres away at this point so I start swimming quickly towards it, keeping the camera on the shark which seems to swim near, circle me and then swim away when I lash out trying to punch it. This happens three or four times until I get within just a few feet of my boat. I surface, press triangle to get in the boat and then when I'm barely a second from getting in, I see a fin crest the wave and CHOMP, that's the end of Trevor. It was galling but hilarious. That bastard shark.
I took a dingy up the rapids .Spoiler.
(passed the bridge where trevor and michael make the train derail.)
and it led me to the alamo sea. I was looking for parts as well! Try using a knife to kill shark if it gets close. The underwater in particular in that area just seems.. Creepy. Maybe it's the
rumors
or the score, but it really is interesting being over there.

Zeroxysm

Is it possible to get the Grotti Stinger GT in-game? I have the Grotti Stinger but there is a GT version listed in the Brady guide.

Anyone know?

I thought that upgrading the Stinger would turn it into the GT version but that's not the case.

Bought 500 shares of HAL stock. Better be worth it

And I just had my first mission glitch.
Did Trevor's encounter with Mary Ann and made it to the finish line first, yet every time I got there, she would just be a few feet behind and wouldn't say anything. I even let her win once and the after race dialogue still didn't happen. This took place before I had Franklin tail the construction guy with the briefcase so I thought the glitch happened because I didn't switch back to Franklin at first. Thankfully, I was able to redo the mission at a later time and got the mission complete.

And that mission involving
Michael chasing Molly....just fuck up after fuck up. There was the failed stunt jump that was unintentional; there was the small bump in a grassy part of the runaway which I sped over and totally fucked up my car's momentum thus resulting in mission failure; there was trying to start the damn equipment vehicle in the hangar after I got the film reel and managed to get it stuck and then shot and killed. Thank goodness I saw the small plane in the hangar. Made things much easier.

Nearing the end of the story missions. Just a few more to go and I can then do whatever the fuck I want. And the military base was fucking insane. Managed to stop a car in front of a tank, got the driver of the tank to get out, shot him only to then be blown up :/
And I got in a jet....which was shot down and fell into the ocean which led to me drowning >_>

terrible

Banned
Me too! Took 27 hours doing mostly just the main story.

longest credits ever!

Seriously. They were almost 36 minutes long lol. I was expecting and ending scene but it never happened.

You sir are now rich, if you sold it wen it was at 50?..

Its at 5.39 now.

I invested 300k at 1 dollar per share..so I also made some money on it. Wont sell it, hope it goes up even more.

I remember when it was like .7 a share. I could've put about 20 mil per character into it at that point but didn't feel it was worth it. I have slight regrets now.

I have two questions for you guys:
What's your favorite part of the map?
Mine is probably Paleto Bay surprisingly. The scenery looks amazing.
What radio stations do y'all listen to?
Radio Mirror Park all the way for me. Plus a little Radio Los Santos

Daffy Duck

I went diving in the Alamo Sea last night, boy is it dark down there, I had no scuba gear so bottled it pretty quickly, but what are these rumours about the Alamo Sea?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have two questions for you guys:
What's your favorite part of the map?
Mine is probably Paleto Bay surprisingly. The scenery looks amazing.
What radio stations do y'all listen to?
Radio Mirror Park all the way for me. Plus a little Radio Los Santos

I really like the area around Zancudo, the wine country. In the sunshine it's stunningly beautiful, all those vivid blues and greens and sandy rocks. The river is great fun too, I jumped in to escape the cops and was carried along in the current.

I'm all about Vinewood Blvd Radio - I actually like that there are two hipstery stations in the game - Mirror Park is a bit too disco-y for me, but Vinewood is great. Fuckin Metz! And Fidlar! so good.

HAL is $4.75 in game for me and $5.37 on the site. From very little evidence so far, it seems the site updates before it does in game. Either way I hope it doesn't go below $4.55 before I get on tomorrow to sell that shit.

jsnepo

Underwater scuba diving
in the alamo sea is terrifying.. Just plain creepy!

Yes. I was thinking to myself that what if I found a sea monster and I would scream no doubt. I really enjoyed it though and I'm already done with all nuclear waste and submarine parts. I wish the online mode will have multiplayer players diving.

Anyway, the third triathlon is such a pain. It took me almost 30 minutes just hitting the X button. Glad I won though for I will never do it again.

Am I the only one who wishes they multiplied the distance for waypoint markers by 10 or even 100?

Going 5.5 MILES across the entire state annoys me, for some reason. Why not have it as 50 or 500 miles? It could still tick down the same rate, whilst giving the size of the world a bit more realism? Haha. It's a small thing but it always bugs me. I realise then the speed you travel would not work entirely with the rate of which the distance ticked down, but I'd rather that over 5 miles I think.

Is HAL done going up, ie is it no longer worth purchasing? I was at class when it was cheap ;-;

hmm from what I have seen its worth to purchase even now at 4. if you have it at 4, its 5.38 online and I think it will be updated in game shortly and if not, seeing that the stock has been up to 50..I would say it´s a good gamble.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Don´t get it - why not just pull the left trigger?

Sorry, it's for Free Aiming. You can move faster while firing if you shoot without ADS (hence the #hipfire bit). The biggest problem was you had to fire one shot for the reticle to appear, but I finally realised that isn't the case.

GenericUser

How often do the stock prices change? Haven't had the chance to play the game for a couple of days and it seems that the market changed a lot whilst It won't change much even in a session that last several hours.

Also, besides the
missions from lester where you kill important people to affect stock prices
what other things to affect the stock prices. Do I as a player even have any influence at all?

Dead Man

Since the crazy old racist R* don't let Frank play tennis, does kicking cows increase strength the same way as melee fights? It increases the special meter, and aftr kicking a bunch I think it went up but it is very bloody slow. Meanwhile 1 full match of tennis and Mikes strength is almost maxed.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, you're right.

I didn't even know you could hipfire at all :lol never occurred to me for some reason, so this will be a big help in combat.

It really helped me in the Rampages, where cover was sparse, I just thought you had to fire the first shot before the reticle popped up (which was a bit of a pain).

Top Bottom