• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

The radio stations are pretty crappy this time around. I like maybe a quarter of the songs. Too bad because the Vice City and San Andreas ones were basically perfect

Didn't play Vice City or San Andreas enough to know, but I agree that they kinda suck. I wish I could have Ambitionz az a Ridah, Still D.R.E, and The Next Episode on repeat at all times.

sdornan

I found a place near Vespucci Beach where you can walk through a wall and fall off the map, and a tunnel near Mount Chilliad where the textures won't load properly. Other than that, the game is surprisingly well polished.

That happened to me too, in the middle of a random encounter.

Jaded

Banned
I'm so jealous and envious of you guys, i didn't want to take off of work at the beginning of the week, so i have to wait till tomorrow evening to start playing this!!! It is insane how fun and deep this one is compared to GTA IV. I will make up for making myself wait though, gonna grab some good ass hot wings for dinner with snacks for later. I will be playing this all weekend starting tomorrow night, yay!!

dubq

Bizarre - just finished setting up my first heist, and after the second "gather" mission before starting it, it reset Micahel's haircut and beard back to default. Franklin still has his customizations, though. This happen to anyone else?

Holding up traffic in ma dump truck.

Di9ld1H.jpg

Teknoman

GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I'm taking it real slow see, well I decided to drive a nondescript black SUV through the gates of the military base in the desert. Was not expecting instant 4 stars, panicked and stole the first Fighter Jet I saw, now I'm pretty good at ace combat, beaten all of them on Ace and what not BUT THESE MISSILES DON'T DROP LOCK THEY JUST DON'T HOLY HELL. It was like the missiles were single minded organisms and all they were biologically programmed to do was fuck me into pieces. Took a heavy hit quickly and I thought it was all over but my plane stabilized (some how, I was doing this as Franklin who doesn't know anything about planes) I managed to dodge the next 3 missiles by flying low and pulling up last moment, all the mean while I was tying to figure out how to fire missiles back or see if this thing had chaff or anything.

Eventually I figured out how to select missiles so I looped back and fired off two at the chopper tailing me and he blows up, I was celebrating and got careless and took a second missile in the asshole. At this point I decided I had to get the hell out of here if I wanted to enjoy this fighter at all so I started flying low towards the shoreline hoping I could maybe get out of radar range
like in that one mission as trevor
, Well just as I was approaching the end of the danger zone feeling top gun as shit, my engines cut out and my plane is covered in smoke, I am not about to bail out because I am convinced the game will rule this as fall damage so I try and emergency land the plane in the water.

I'm splash down the impact rips off both my wings and ejects poor Franklin 20 feet forward and splashing into the water. As I reach the surface gasping for air surrounded by twisted metal, smoke, and fire I see the contrails of a missile in the distance heading towards me. In the slowest 2 seconds of Franklins life the missile impacts with the fighter wreckage and the intense heat of the explosion liquifies poor Franklin.

Then he wakes up, back in Los Santos General...was it all a dream?

1367496144-golf-clap.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, I just switched to Franklin, and I see him with a marker and writing this on the fucking wall...

0_0.jpg

I am going to look into this some more... Too fuckin cool

Also, why is the thread title like that? Why not something witty, like, "You ain't gotta like it cause the GAF gon' Love it."

I switched to the same place, isn't it just the list of cars that you need to get as part of the story missions for the guy whose name I have forgotten?

Omni

Holy fuck. The mission I'm on with Michael at the moment... So awesomely weird. Never expected that in a GTA game.

I love how this game isn't as serious as GTAIV.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So many people in here need to learn to spoiler tag properly. Saying "I'm up to the bit when" and then hiding the rest. Arrrrgh. I've been spoilt so many times because I have no idea how far through they are to me.

This game really is something else. I'm checking out Franklin's new pad
in Vinewood from his first assassination mission with Lester
, you know, just checking out the details and shit (all these safehouses really are pretty damn detailed
but this one is just fucking beautiful
) when a prompt appears to "take a hit from the bong". I look down and hey, there one is.
I was expecting some generic stoner shit but I still got a kick out of watching Franklin smoke weed and wondered what would come next. I definitely did not expect him to break out into moments of somber ass stoned out self reflection that effectively evolve his character, exposing pent up feelings of self loathing and loneliness while he's trying to convince himself he's actually happy.
Fuckin threw me for a loop. Rockstar has pretty significantly outdone themselves with this game yo

Had a fun time today. Took a cable car, found a parachute, skydived, landed on top of a semi. now cruising the city.

All as a bald Trevor in his skivies...

MOUuX2w.jpg

flonty

My game of the year. I haven't even seen most of the map yet but what I've seen so far is amazing. The details, the landscape and my god I love driving around again. Best GTA so far imo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the people who find the radio selection 'disappointing' are just annoyed that they don't have a ton of real popular old songs like the old GTAs? Because that wouldn't make any sense for a game emulating present time.

I think it's the best radio selection they've ever had, and there's so much of it.

Nyx

This game man!

It's getting better the more I play.

And I love the radiostations in this one, so far tied with Vice City for sure.

GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I'm taking it real slow see, well I decided to drive a nondescript black SUV through the gates of the military base in the desert. Was not expecting instant 4 stars, panicked and stole the first Fighter Jet I saw, now I'm pretty good at ace combat, beaten all of them on Ace and what not BUT THESE MISSILES DON'T DROP LOCK THEY JUST DON'T HOLY HELL. It was like the missiles were single minded organisms and all they were biologically programmed to do was fuck me into pieces. Took a heavy hit quickly and I thought it was all over but my plane stabilized (some how, I was doing this as Franklin who doesn't know anything about planes) I managed to dodge the next 3 missiles by flying low and pulling up last moment, all the mean while I was tying to figure out how to fire missiles back or see if this thing had chaff or anything.

Eventually I figured out how to select missiles so I looped back and fired off two at the chopper tailing me and he blows up, I was celebrating and got careless and took a second missile in the asshole. At this point I decided I had to get the hell out of here if I wanted to enjoy this fighter at all so I started flying low towards the shoreline hoping I could maybe get out of radar range
like in that one mission as trevor
, Well just as I was approaching the end of the danger zone feeling top gun as shit, my engines cut out and my plane is covered in smoke, I am not about to bail out because I am convinced the game will rule this as fall damage so I try and emergency land the plane in the water.

I'm splash down the impact rips off both my wings and ejects poor Franklin 20 feet forward and splashing into the water. As I reach the surface gasping for air surrounded by twisted metal, smoke, and fire I see the contrails of a missile in the distance heading towards me. In the slowest 2 seconds of Franklins life the missile impacts with the fighter wreckage and the intense heat of the explosion liquifies poor Franklin.

Then he wakes up, back in Los Santos General...was it all a dream?

By the way Franklins slo mo driving doesn't work with planes, also you can use slo mo driving as bullet time if you're in a car and doing a drive by.

Posts like this make me hope for a PS4 version and lots of crazy videos with the Share button.

You're a sick person.

Perhaps, but I want to see him get chopped by a shark or something silly. I care for the version in my game <3 Think it's really awful that they tie tricks to an iphone app. Really, really hope they patch in a in-game version or at the very least expand it to Android and Windows Phone given all 3 of the major OSes are represented in-game.

Colocho

Banned
Anyone else dislike the tone of the jokes in the game? I mean, no real life radio/TV commercial would purposely degrade their own product (our game is a rip off of every FPS shooter out there! or our burgers are filled with more fat, sugar than you need daily!) or how the Facebook in the game is called Lifeinvaders, no one in their right mind would have named it that (Bleeter being Twitter is the right way to do it). Even the news are totally over the top and no journalist would do it like in this game.

Obviously it's not to be taken seriously, but you can make fun or parody real life events without making it totally unbelieveable, it sort of takes me away from believing this could be an actual real place.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
My game is still showing Franklin as having one available missions even though I did all his Strangers and Freaks missions. This is bothering me much more than it should be ha.

amnesiac

Back from an 8 hour session from this game. Thoughts:

• Only 20% through and there is so much stuff to do.
  • Really dig Michael and Franklin. Trevor IDK yet. Haven't gotten far enough with him.
  • The controls are great for me. The only issue I have with them is the difficulty shooting from the car.
  • Cars look great. City looks great. The whole map looks great.
  • The lighting - so perfect.
  • Finally, an incredible GTA story.
  • No way this will not come out on PS4/PC.

Probably my game of the generation. It's too good.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
played a bit more after my laughable 'where is michael' episode.

game is solid, played tennis a little seems OK, but I wanted to play only one set, beat the girl then it was 'side change' and I had to quit because crime isn't going to commit itself.

did check out mt chilliad for a bit, managed to murder myself on a trailbike almost immediately, but that's OK, walked out the hospital and spur of the moment murdered a couple security guards and took their van cash, then escaped into the hills on a nearby 4x4.

great game all around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does the blonde girl Michael jogged with ever show up again?

OTP.
My game is still showing Franklin as having one available missions even though I did all his Strangers and Freaks missions. This is bothering me much more than it should be ha.

Certain missions for all three guys will show up as available missions for all of them because any can start it.

Bishop89

So many people in here need to learn to spoiler tag properly. Saying "I'm up to the bit when" and then hiding the rest. Arrrrgh. I've been spoilt so many times because I have no idea how far through they are to me.

you probably shouldnt read it then unless you have finished the game.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member

OTP.

Certain missions for all three guys will show up as available missions for all of them because any can start it.

That's what I thought at first too, but this has persisted for a while. It was like that before the first heist and I just finished up the Trevor intro and it remains. Right now all that's on the map is a mission that Trevor or Michael, a Trevor Strangers and Freaks missions, and a Trevor rampage mission.

Raptomex

Back from an 8 hour session from this game. Thoughts:

• Only 20% through and there is so much stuff to do.
  • Really dig Michael and Franklin. Trevor IDK yet. Haven't gotten far enough with him.
  • The controls are great for me. The only issue I have with them is the difficulty shooting from the car.
  • Cars look great. City looks great. The whole map looks great.
  • The lighting - so perfect.
  • Finally, an incredible GTA story.
  • No way this will not come out on PS4/PC.

Probably my game of the generation. It's too good.
Posted earlier.
No plans for GTA V on PS4.

OTP.

I raced her again as Franklin. She's hilarious.

Anyone know if there are any garages beyond the safehouse garages and the 4 car garages each character has? Running out of space to store the cars I'm modifying.

Raptomex

Anyone know if there are any garages beyond the safehouse garages and the 4 car garages each character has? Running out of space to store the cars I'm modifying.
So you can only have 4 cars per garage? I was wondering myself if we can buy like a huge garage.
I don't see any properties like that on the map

I just did one of the first missions with Michael
When you smoke some random guys weed and start seeing monsters.

So random but so fun. I was convinced that
It would turn out your mowing down civilians. But thankfully not the case

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how do you end a walk with chop? I know how to take him for a walk, but can't get rid of him

I had this as well, was googling and it says 'RB' but that keeps making franklin leap against the wall and take cover. I ended up just waking into the house and he tells chop to piss off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lol anyone else get the GTA V pulse elite headset? Does it help the experience?

I have the old Stereo Sony ones, and I've never been more thankful for them. They add so much to this game because the sound design is insane.

Also blood looks real good on this game.

Dug

Banned
Welp, got to 46/50 [collectible spoilers]
spaceship parts. I need a helicopter for the next one and I checked both spawns and they weren't there so guess I will wait till later.

Anyone have any clue how to make enough money to buy the golf course at the end of the game?
Bishop89 you have to wait until you can buy properties and then buy the sea place off the west coast near paleto bay.

Jhoan

Just played the first 10 mins of it. Quick thoughts (no spoilers):

-The game jumps straight into the action from the get go unlike GTA IV's slow beginning.
-Controls feel the same; driving is a bit more cartoonish/arcade but still weighty. I crashed my car into an intersection, spinning mid air before hitting the wall sideways.
-The humor's intact pretty well.
-The guns sound weak and lack oomph.
-The voice acting is fantastic.
-Evironments ooze with so many little details that I gawked at. Rockstar has one hell of a good art/animation department; they're kings at making detailed rooms and environments.
-Music so far is good (both original score and licensed music).
-The in game radio talk sounds a bit too low and I'm wearing Turtle Beach X1's.
-I haven't tried out/accessed any of the Social Club because I have no internet set up yet; I've been playing it offline as a result.
-Texture pop up is god awful; I'm gonna buy a 16 USB drive ASAP before it kills the rest of my experience. The credits cutscene made it super obvious.
-I cranked up the sensitivity to 9 upon recommendations in the thread and switched to Free Aim. It feels better in this game.

Time to play a bit more before knocking out. I currently
dropped the car off at the dealership, met Simeon talking to Michael's son, heard them talking, and now I have to walk back to the car and join Lamar.
I know this thread's gonna move fast by the next time I check it.

These missions are so good. I'm super interested to see how thing play out in the story and I've only played 5 missions. This is like a really good movie. Also, Michael is super badass.

Top Bottom