• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Yerolo

Does using Game mode help?

I ususally always have it on game scene mode...but the motion blur is still noticeable. The only way I can minimise it is by putting it on one of the scenes which allows you to change the Smooth Gradation and changing it to Smooth...but it introduces weird artifacting :/

Hyunashi

Despite the lust behind next gen, this year has given 2 of the best games possible. Loving every minute of this after wasting all my time watching TGS ;o

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If your Trevor doesn't have the full beard, sunglasses, short shorts, and pink kitty tanktop, you may be doing it wrong.

I wish the social site was up so I could show my selfie with him.

Septimius

I ususally always have it on game scene mode...but the motion blur is still noticeable. The only way I can minimise it is by putting it on one of the scenes which allows you to change the Smooth Gradation and changing it to Smooth...but it introduces weird artifacting :/

The motion blur likely is part of the graphics of the game. Any modern TV doesn't have such bad ghosting that it'd look like motion-blur. As always, stay away from any special settings like motion smoothing or whatever, as it'll introduce lag and artificial images and artifact.

Unicorn

I've put in maybe 10 hours so far. There's just so much to do and explore. I've stuck an Infernus into almost every garage. Sometimes multiple ones. Because, you know, why not. I went flying around in a couple different aircraft. While the visuals get a bit messy every once in a while during drives (lots of aliasing and some framerate drops), the view from the air is incredible. Some random notes:

* I love that there's a stripper named
Infernus
* There's a
military base
!!
* Los Santos Airport is a full blown airport instead of just a runaway and one or two planes like the airport in GTA IV. As a plane geek, this pleases me greatly.
* I like the story and characters so far MUCH more than GTA IV.
* I loved the
Niko mention while assembling your crew for the first heist
* The stock market befuddles me. I need to do more research/mess around with it.
* Good lord, the prices of some real estate is crazy. Which I love.
* It seems to take a long time for your wanted level to disappear after losing the cops.
* You can
ride the roller coaster and the ferris wheel
!
* The little random moments you stumble on are great. I found a
bride running away from a church
and drove her home.

P.S. I wonder if R* will be doing another "Key to the City" contest. Methinks not. They'd have to give people, like, 2 months. My Key To The City is probably the rarest gaming related item I own.

vYdAQoR.jpg

P.P.S. At the midnight launch I went to, there was a man with his daughter, who looked like she was 10. Shocked me a little bit.
Dooooooood that fukken key

Septimius

And so starts another day at work. Another day of wishing I was home instead. My initial need for this game is a bit more satiated, however, I have to go training after work, too, so It'll be late before I can play today :/

When you go out as Franklin to
kill some business people
I always invest all my money in the business Lester says will get a good boost. easely made half a million from that.

Also I hate the fact that the characters change their clothes on their own. I wanted to have a 3 man bald headed beard pimping gang wearing suits. But they only wear the same outfit for like 2 missions and suddenly they got their old shitty clothes back on.

Septimius

I always invest all my money in the business Lester says will get a good boost. easely made half a million from that.

Be mindful of the way you do spoilers, people. Of course, nothing too bad here, but there's no way of telling if this is something early or late on. Keep in mind that if you don't say what you're spoiling before the tag, someone that might not want to know what it says may still click it.

That's what I've been trying to do but have never found the stock that links up with the person Lester hooks me up with :/

GQman2121

Banned
Stock Tip:

Check the Bleeter site often, at least one a day, for clues to movements in the market.

I picked up Merryweather (MER) after seeing a Bleet and within two days its turned a profit. Closing in on 10% now after a week.

Omni

The new combat system has made police shoot outs too easy.

Like now. I'm taking cover in an alleyway. Have 3000 ammo for my assault rifle alone and am just mowing cops down from cover. When my health goes down, I just wait like 20 seconds or whatever it is and it starts coming back.

Kinda dull. Plus whatever happened to 6 stars? Looks like the max is five. I used to like being chased by the army in old games

No Love

Banned
Anyone else dislike the tone of the jokes in the game? I mean, no real life radio/TV commercial would purposely degrade their own product (our game is a rip off of every FPS shooter out there! or our burgers are filled with more fat, sugar than you need daily!) or how the Facebook in the game is called Lifeinvaders, no one in their right mind would have named it that (Bleeter being Twitter is the right way to do it). Even the news are totally over the top and no journalist would do it like in this game.

Obviously it's not to be taken seriously, but you can make fun or parody real life events without making it totally unbelieveable, it sort of takes me away from believing this could be an actual real place.

Ita called satire, dude. Go take a refresher course, I suggest lots of South Park and classic SNL to help yourself out.

ufo8mycat

Got me a new TV for this

Sony Bravia

h7VjkEg.jpg

Looks so good.

Yup.

I am really amazed how Rockstar managed to make GTA V to look like this on such old hardware. There is like a HUUUGE graphical difference between GTA IV and GTA V and yet GTA V runs better at the same time.

Pretty damn impressive when you have such a big budget and awesome optimisation.

MCN

Banned
Anyone else dislike the tone of the jokes in the game? I mean, no real life radio/TV commercial would purposely degrade their own product (our game is a rip off of every FPS shooter out there! or our burgers are filled with more fat, sugar than you need daily!) or how the Facebook in the game is called Lifeinvaders, no one in their right mind would have named it that (Bleeter being Twitter is the right way to do it). Even the news are totally over the top and no journalist would do it like in this game.

Obviously it's not to be taken seriously, but you can make fun or parody real life events without making it totally unbelieveable, it sort of takes me away from believing this could be an actual real place.

Is this your first GTA?

Acrylic7

lol, My car isn't even in the impound lot, its another car that I had stolen. This needs some kind of patch.
Wasting a good deal of cash tuning my cars to match my characters personality and looks just to have them magically loose their vehicles and change into clothes other than the shit I specifically bought to see them in. :/

UnrealEck

If you're given good info on something which will affect the stocks of a company, I suggest you invest all your cash on all characters on it.

Ballistik

57 story missions finished, and I haven't even scratched the surface on exploring the map and doing those side missions. If a game was ever worth the $60...

Dr.Acula

Banned
Rainbow Six (PC old game) was awesome for planning rescue missions (and I guess you can say heists like stuff too). Loved that game. The heists so far seem like you cant really screw them up.

I loved getting a six-person team on LAN and spending 45 minutes building a plan, then everyone dying in the first 90 seconds.

Awesome memories.

The best was when we were down to two, one terrorist left, less than a minute on the mission clock, and me and my buddy separate to cover the most ground. It's just us kicking in doors with our fingers on the triggers, sooo tense. I actually managed to bust down a door where the last guy was, and
I took his head off with my shotgun!!! I WIN BITCHESS!! I think that was my only win, lol.

Lisker

lol, My car isn't even in the impound lot, its another car that I had stolen. This needs some kind of patch.
Wasting a good deal of cash tuning my cars to match my characters personality and looks just to have them magically loose their vehicles and change into clothes other than the shit I specifically bought to see them in. :/

Sometimes it takes a bit, but you can have more then one car impounded. I had 3 in there at one point. Just keep an eye out.

I agree that this should be explained a bit better in the game, and can be quite confusing.

If you are missing his default car, that is probably becuase you switched to Franklin while he was doing something else and his car was parked nearby and you missed it.
If I drive to franklins house it's always back there, just outside the garage.

After ~15 hours, I think I've finally uncovered most of the roads on the map. There's one that's still a little hazy that wraps around the north side of Mt. Josiah along the Zancudo RIver, but I gotta sleep. I'll get there when I get there.

Also, JESUS CHRIST @ getting 4 stars if you step into (not the military base)
that research lab area on the east side of the map.
I got cornered in there on a motorcycle and had no idea what would happen. The guard suckered me and let me through the crossing too. Security be playing dirty. I thought I could escape using the train tracks but a police cruiser set up perpendicular to the tracks like 200ft in front of me and I went flying off the bike. Dead before I could say "WHY Y'ALL CHASIN' ME?"

Bishop89

After ~15 hours, I think I've finally uncovered most of the roads on the map. There's one that's still a little hazy that wraps around the north side of Mt. Zancudo, but I gotta sleep. I'll get there when I get there.

Also, JESUS CHRIST @ getting 4 stars if you step into (not the military base)
that research lab area on the east side of the map.
I got cornered in there on a motorcycle and had no idea what would happen. The guard suckered me and let me through the crossing too. Security be playing dirty. I thought I could escape using the train tracks but a police cruiser set up perpendicular to the tracks like 200ft in front of me and I went flying off the bike. Dead before I could say "WHY Y'ALL CHASIN' ME?

i got 3 (or 4) stars when I
gained entry to the airport, damn cops nearly destroyed my hijacked plane! :mad:

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Stock market is interesting but manipulating it so far is not very easy. So far tips are the best way to make cash on it, but they're few and far between, especially if you are low on cash.

I rob a bunch of stores, blow up supply trucks, but there's no movement on the related stocks. I don't have time for 5% gains I need major gains. I only own 3 pieces of property and the others aren't cheap.

Fjordson

Just watched my brother fool around for an hour. Saw some shit I had no idea was even in the game even after 9 hours playing. This map is just incredible.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I love interacting with pedestrians and gangs. If you guys don't know what to do walk upto someone and hit right on the d-pad or L2/LB while in the card with nothing equipped.

Try it out on cops and gangs it's amazing lol.

Stock market is interesting but manipulating it so far is not very easy. So far tips are the best way to make cash on it, but they're few and far between, especially if you are low on cash.

I rob a bunch of stores, blow up supply trucks, but there's no movement on the related stocks. I don't have time for 5% gains I need major gains. I only own 3 pieces of property and the others aren't cheap.

I've noticed the same problem with stocks. I haven't robbed many shops but can you rob the more expensive stores like jewelers?

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just discovered that Franklin's special driving talent also works for shooting out of the car. Makes a lot of the chase missions way less frustrating.

Lol Trevor is
fucking Johnny's gf
EDIT: Damn, Trevor made
Johnny
look like a bitch.
EDIT 2: Oh shit, did Trevor
just kill him
?

This game has been such a joy to play! Admittedly I haven't played anywhere as much as I should have. My opinion on the GTA franchise was destroyed after playing IV but I can gladly say V has dragged back my interest and has gave me hope for the the future of the series!

Heists, properties/businesses, stocks.

Not really sure how to master the stock market yet. In fact I have no idea when and what to invest in.
I've robbed a few gas stations, theyve been difficult to find and don't offer a ton of money. I don't have enough money to invest in stock or buy properties. I'm feeling kinda stuck financially, haha. those cars and boats I bought (instead of just stealing them like i should have) look really dumb right now.

Time for more story missions, I suppose.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I've noticed the same problem with stocks. I haven't robbed many shops but can you rob the more expensive stores like jewelers?

I've tried a few times to no avail. Set plastic explosives to see if they would affect things but no. If there isn't a register I'm not sure there's anything to rob.

I'm going to try the car tactic tomorrow. I just need to find dealerships first so I can destroy a lot of one company at once and see if it affects the stock price. Then I'll buy them up and go blue up their competition.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so I let a stripper dance for me for way too long while flirting, what does maxing out like do?

wife wasn't impressed but I didn't wanna drop any more of franklins hard earned cash getting the bar to the top

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I hope someone makes a good interactive map online because the one in-game simply does not mark even 1/4 of the stuff in there. It's very hard to find shops and businesses you can enter outside the designated one's and finding other landmarks and locations of interest is hard as well given the size of the map.

so I let a stripper dance for me for way too long while flirting, what does maxing out like do?

wife wasn't impressed but I didn't wanna drop any more of franklins hard earned cash getting the bar to the top

Lol the wife was watching you play that? Dude, talk about fucking awkward.

Kyzon

I tried out the cheat that
teleports you into the sky and lets you glide.
It is AMAZING!

LB, LT, RB, RT, Left, Right, Left, Right, LB, LT, RB, RT, Left, Right, Left, Right.

This is my new fast travel method when I'm not in a mission. It's way faster than cars, and easier than planes... as long as I can find a body of water to land in XD

Top Bottom