• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

george_us

Just did my first heist. Holy shit. THIS is what I've always wanted Assassin's Creed to be, with you having to plan everything out then having to escape. Amazing stuff.

And I know we GAFfers love ragging on expensive AAA games but GTAV is a game that feels like it used every single penny of that $265 million. This game is why AAA games exist.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

They also said this before:
The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.
But we all know there is going to be a PC version eventually like previous releases. It took them ages to confirmed the PC version of GTA4 iirc, they want people picking up the title on current platforms they are selling on, they aren't going to tell people there is some awesome version coming in the future as some will just wait.

So hoping that them saying they aren't thinking about it currently will curve the hope some people have for next-gen versions and posting about it isn't going to happen, lol.

Raptomex

Yeah regarding the pop-in, didn't Rockstar say a while back this wasn't even noticeable? I have to disagree. I have the 360 version. I didn't install the play disk as suggested, and yes the draw distance is incredible but pop-in is very blatant. It's not hidden at all.
They also said this before:

But we all know there is going to be a PC version eventually like previous releases. It took them ages to confirmed the PC version of GTA4 iirc, they want people picking up the title on current platforms they are selling on, they aren't going to tell people there is some awesome version coming in the future as some will just wait.

So hoping that them saying they aren't thinking about it currently will curve the hope some people have for next-gen versions and posting about it isn't going to happen, lol.
This. Like previous GTA games, months later it will be announced, no doubt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the old GTA, running across the highway was no big deal. I just did it as Trevor in V and holy shit it was intense because there's so many cars, they go so fast, and they hurt so much.

Also I guess I'll have to borrow my brother's ipad to do this Chop stuff. It ought to just be an in-game app as well.

malfcn

iuFcqVGLs4RLL.gif

Caption material.

Quick

Banned
Hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but I really hope Rockstar goes bigger with their next-gen GTA game. Playing the game for the past couple of days, it makes me realize how huge the map really is, but it also makes me wish there was more, like GTA: San Andreas with having three major cities.

Hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but I really hope Rockstar goes bigger with their next-gen GTA game. Playing the game for the past couple of days, it makes me realize how huge the map really is, but it also makes me wish there was more, like GTA: San Andreas with having three major cities.

I know it may take away from the "narrative" but i'd love a 100% customizable character.

Addnan

Woo, the app is working. I just spent 5mins trying to pick up shit. You have to pinch the shit, not drag it. Makes a nasty squishy sound.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The greatest thing I can say about GTA V
This is a world. This is a fucking world. This is a real, living place. This is not a sandbox, this is not a level, this is a world. This is a level of immersion in high density that's never been done before. It is fucking insane how much detail and AI there is.
It's really, really going to suck going back to non-Rockstar open worlds for the next couple of months.

And the chop stuff should just be a flash game on Rockstar social. I don't see why it couldn't be. I want to make him roll over. He's useless, but I still love him so.

Ploid 3.0

Just did my first heist. Holy shit. THIS is what I've always wanted Assassin's Creed to be, with you having to plan everything out then having to escape. Amazing stuff.

And I know we GAFfers love ragging on expensive AAA games but GTAV is a game that feels like it used every single penny of that $265 million. This game is why AAA games exist.

Rainbow Six (PC old game) was awesome for planning rescue missions (and I guess you can say heists like stuff too). Loved that game. The heists so far seem like you cant really screw them up.

Grinchy

Banned
After a 12 hour day at school and then 4 hours of working on calculations for an AnChem lab in Excel, I finally got to play some more GTAV. Holy shit this game is exactly what I need in my life right now.

At one point I went to Chop and decided to take him for a walk. The game told me I could play fetch with him. I threw the ball into the street and he took off running. I shit you not, he got hit by a fucking car and I laughed my ass off. I tried to do it again but there was no way I could time it purposely. *edit- OMG I can't believe there's a big gif of exactly what I just explained

I'm completely broke. Michael has all of $63, Franklin is around $200. Trevor is above water but not enough to buy property

My car mod/boat/clothes addiction is killing me. The main missions keep promising big bucks but it keeps falling through and GOD DAMNIT I NEED MORE CARS :( How can I make some money to feed the beast?

Mastadon

Banned
I'm completely broke. Michael has all of $63, Franklin is around $200. Trevor is above water but not enough to buy property

My car mod/boat/clothes addiction is killing me. The main missions keep promising big bucks but it keeps falling through and GOD DAMNIT I NEED MORE CARS :( How can I make some money to feed the beast?

Taxi missions.

Raptomex

Heists, properties/businesses, stocks.

Not really sure how to master the stock market yet. In fact I have no idea when and what to invest in.

BigDug13

Is it possible that there are going to be some features that arrive from the multiplayer version's developer team that crosses over to single player? Such as they had said you will be able to insure your car in multiplayer. Do you think that might possibly add auto insurance to the SP game?

Acrylic7

Is anyone else having trouble with their map?
When I'm driving I seem to miss a good amount of turns. I wish it was 100% top down like older GTA's

Spazznid

Well, in a game where you can run over a hooker over a cliff...

lol, Hookers aren't people!
Don't ban me please.

jk.

But fer serious.... Chop is mah homie.

So does that one cheating website actually work? It wants you to pay $500 but it doesn't seem to actually pull any money out and the girls you message on there don't seem to ever get back to you even though it says keep an eye on your email.

Or am I the only one really digging deep into the game's internet? lol

I've been looking deep, too. is there a dating service like Lovemeet anymore? Also, I need to spend so much time everywhere!

wizzbang

Banned
Seriously, does anyone know any good stock market scams? I am looking for mad cash YO.
I drove around to a lot of airports as Franklin and all the planes were missing, does he HAVE to do a flying course before they appear on runways or in hangars? :(

Getting sick and fucking tired of my cars vanishing and shit.

Seriously, this. I go to the Franklin's garage, and his Buffalo is mysteriously gone. I decide to spend some cash on modding the car I randomly hijacked to put it in the garage. I return with it and the Buffalo is in the garage.
Also, it randomly appears/disappears during missions/switches.

Also on a bit of a side note. I'm a little offended/saddened that Franklin always looks "hood".

Maybe it's me but even his dress suits scream "look at me I'm black!"

Also why are there super rednecks in Sandy Shore, which I guess is a amalgamation of Riverside/Inland Empire, and possibly Salton City which is South of Los Santos/Los Angeles.

SoCal L.A. native here...

MCN

Banned
Also on a bit of a side note. I'm a little offended/saddened that Franklin always look "hood".

I dunno, I bought him a charcoal suit from Ponsonby's and he looks sharp as fuck.

Riding down the highway as Franklin while the sun is setting blasing ADHD.....holy shit.

If the game really does come to PC, I'm gonna have to upgrade+double dip because its gorgeous already

It was so awesome

Also on a bit of a side note. I'm a little offended/saddened that Franklin always looks "hood".

Also why are there super rednecks in Sandy Shore, which I guess is a amalgamation of Riverside/Inland Empire, and possibly Salton City which is South of Los Santos/Los Angeles.

SoCal L.A. native here...
That makes no sense.

That makes no sense.

The tacky plaid suits that area little to bright for normal business attire.

For me it's more of a 90's gangster archtype I guess.

Rather frequently I go to Inglewood, Compton, Torrance, etc. on account of my work and no one dresses like that any more. It's all skinny jeans nowadays. I'm probably nitpicking here.

Top Bottom