• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Is there a way to dress without a jacket and just the vest? I was wearing it earlier but I cant take off the jacket without replacing it with another jacket

SirYoshi

bVja3rr.png

Modified comet with franklin

Sup.

yD2fNEq.jpg

Edit: Baaah. Just noticed MPH vs KPH xD. Still my looks biggger. And thats what counts!

Gaz_RB

Guys, just an FYI:

Pause > Map > Zoom absolutely in when you are near something you like > Press TRIANGLE[360alternative] = POI aka Point of Interest will be added to map.

If you wish to delete it, just hover on icon and triangle again.

When I figured this out, I went through and marked a bunch of tunnels and getaway points I could use to escape from the cops, for quick reference in a chase. Spent a couple hours.

Found out that game reboots get rid of your POIs....

It was fun though, and I still remember most the getaway points.

addyb

Apologies if this has been covered but is this available to download on xbox marketplace? If not will it be available in the future? I just checked xbox.com (not on my 360 yet) and cant see any pricing for it so assume it isn't available for DD.

So, this is interesting. Me and my buddy got the game same night, and the next day, his cat dropped his 360, causing his cd to get deeply scratched. I let him borrow my game to install it (he knows about the performance drops)

It works for him, and I went over to his place yesterday to chill and play some GTA and i noticed that his game has not even HALF the pop ins my game does. I was so confused, because i was looking at what seemed like the definitive version of the game. It looked and played better than my game, less pop ins, smoother framerate..

I played at my house today for a few hours and it made me notice the issues even more, i thought the pop ins werent that bad until i saw my friend play his version of the game without having to deal with it. This is so odd, can anyone drop their 2 cents in on how the fuck this can be possible?

tranciful

So, this is interesting. Me and my buddy got the game same night, and the next day, his cat dropped his 360, causing his cd to get deeply scratched. I let him borrow my game to install it (he knows about the performance drops)

It works for him, and I went over to his place yesterday to chill and play some GTA and i noticed that his game has not even HALF the pop ins my game does. I was so confused, because i was looking at what seemed like the definitive version of the game. It looked and played better than my game, less pop ins, smoother framerate..

I played at my house today for a few hours and it made me notice the issues even more, i thought the pop ins werent that bad until i saw my friend play his version of the game without having to deal with it. This is so odd, can anyone drop their 2 cents in on how the fuck this can be possible?

Your disc drive or hard drive is slow

MormaPope

Banned
I guess we have difference experiences. I got a lot more enjoyment out of driving fast and keeping control of vehicle in IV than I have in V, since it feels to easy and cheap in V. I don't get that sense of speed in V either since the driving feels too precise at such high speeds.

Hitting a ramp in IV is a lot more thrilling and enjoyable than V, by a mile.

What do you mean? Speed isn't equated with losing control or struggling. The fastest sports cars in GTA IV have the same top speed as sporty sedans in GTA V. There really is no contest, the cars in GTA IV did not feel that speedy, having to master how they control doesn't make them feel any faster.

Lima

I didn't get SE/CE (unless preorders defaulted to SE) and I had them, though I thought it was because of R* Social Club

That could be the reason yeah. My friend bought the normal edition and didn't have a R* social club account and had to buy the garages.

sunnz

What do you mean? Speed isn't equated with losing control or struggling. The fastest sports cars in GTA IV have the same top speed as sporty sedans in GTA V. There really is no contest, the cars in GTA IV did not feel that speedy, having to master how they control doesn't make them feel any faster.

Hmm, I guess so.

I guess since controlling cars in IV was a bit harder, it was more enjoyable since you have to concentrate more ( to me anyway)
Driving off road in V does feel good though ( in terms of speed)

Maybe he switched 360s so that you have the one that his cat dropped.

MYeager

I turned my console on again and checked the POIs I had. They are still there and same for MFT.
But if you mean reeboting after freeze, then I don't know.

Well, you must alpha the game first :D bwahaha

Mine also cleared the POIs after restarting, I had them on to try and figure out the headquarters of different companies to see if messing with them effected the stock price. It cleared them all but two for some unknown reason.

mazillion

Earlier today I was trying to destroy Michaels default car as much as possible but the engine eventually gave out and I stalled out in front of some facility with a security guard posted out by the gate nearby. I got out of my car and pulled out my golf club to finish destroying my car. I hit my car once and the nearby security guard yells "I don't need to read you your Marana rights!" while immediately shooting me 5 times and I die before I even know what's going on. Wtf! I think he DID need to read me my rights haha that's not a crime. Amazing gta moments

Lima

I noticed the same behaviour on my own console.

Kinda like Skyrim on PS3 was. That means the game runs considerably worse now after 100 hours of playtime. The pop-in got worse etc. All without changing anything on my 360.

Shit is messed up.

DukeSucks

Got in on some PIS even though I missed the early window, and I am still at the point in the game that I only have 150k-200k per character. I'll be more than happy with making a little profit then getting in on the next one.

Mr Swine

Banned
So is there a way to make money in GTA V other than doing heist missions? Are there any stores to steal or trucks with money like in GTA IV?

Jamie OD

Chased a boar across the county as Trevor in his underwear today. All that was missing was somebody singing "The Sound of Music" as he ran over the hills. This game was made for video highlights.

Back to back two missions prove Rockstar just don't get check pointing.

FIrst I'm doing that train heist, I die a few times.. it's a buzz kill but whatever. The check points are too aggressive and I never get a flowing feel for the mission. Might as well have just watched a cut scene.

Then straight after there's a couple of boring, long shootouts with no check point at all.
So is there a way to make money in GTA V other than doing heist missions? Are there any stores to steal or trucks with money like in GTA IV?
Apparently you can hit business vehicles, and if you invest in their competitor their stock will rise. Same with general missions.
It's advised to hold off on doing the rest of the Lester missions until beating the game(assuming you want to maximize money via the stock market).
I got a feeling, if they sell any DLC missions it's likely to be little Lester story packs that feed into the stock market. They said not to expect anything as big as the Episodes of Liberty City.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like the first heist kinda screws you over. If you choose to go in quiet and smart, you might naturally assume you don't need a good gun guy. Why would you be using guns? So if you choose the crappier gun guy, you get fucked over so hard. There was really no way to predict it, since he fucks you over hard in a way that has nothing to do with guns.

NeoGiff

Can you elaborate more about the deadzone? What exactly is this? Are you saying the steering is too tight, or that you can't make sharp enough u-turns or something?

Also, anyone beat 161mph? (i'm sure you have)

kgVMsWX.png

My man Franklin.

BCDUwavQZ.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed that my speed is pitiful compared to others'. Looks like it's time for modding and runways...

I feel like the first heist kinda screws you over. If you choose to go in quiet and smart, you might naturally assume you don't need a good gun guy. Why would you be using guns? So if you choose the crappier gun guy, you get fucked over so hard. There was really no way to predict it, since he fucks you over hard in a way that has nothing to do with guns.

The hilarious thing is that I got the cheap hacker (the Lifeinvader guy) and to compensate I got the expensive guys.

I only missed a bag.

Lima

If you take the good guy the same thing happens. It is SCRIPTED. You just had to drive over the money he dropped.

Outcome is even better that way because you have the same amount of money but one less crew member that gets a take.

Reule

Huh, weird. Concerning a stranger mission that's available post-story:

I had already finished Damaged Goods after delivering the Deludamol van back to Trevor's trailer. So, sometime way after finishing that mission I decide to play as Trevor again and saw one of the Deludamol vans outside a hospital. I hopped back in to take it for the ride but it asked me to bring it to the trailer again to complete the mission. I did so and it finishes again. Just seems odd I had to do it again, I don't remember reloading and losing the progress for completing it the first time.

Dead

well not really...yet
I picked the shitty gun guy but I was able to pick his money. I lost nothing and ended up having not to pay the dude since...you know

I finally managed to steal the jet in Fort Zancudo. For some reason, they weren't alerted until I was beside the hangar with the jet inside it even though I drove straight past them.

Also, Fast Run + Moon Gravity + Super Jump + Pressing B/Square = Lol

NeoGiff

If you take the good guy the same thing happens. It is SCRIPTED. You just had to drive over the money he dropped.

Outcome is even better that way because you have the same amount of money but one less crew member that gets a take.

This isn't true. I chose the more skilled guy and he
survived until the end

Derrick01

Banned
For anyone wondering how to quickly wear a certain item of clothing for 10 days, you can use a bed to skip through the time quickly. Still takes a while repeatedly sleeping for that long though.

Grinchy

Banned
I picked the shitty gun guy but I was able to pick his money. I lost nothing and ended up having not to pay the dude since...you know

Wow, I kept thinking how they should have let you pick it up...without actually trying to pick it up. I wish I just reloaded my save and tried again, but that was dozens of hours ago now lol. And I also don't know why you didn't have to pay the dude either. I kept wondering how people got so much money from the first heist but I've been avoiding guides and most of the posts in this thread haha

Top Bottom