• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Ugh. I was watching the CGR GTAV review and some idiot in the comment section posted what seems to be end game spoilers. Stupid youtube. I was being so careful too. I knew Marc wouldn't care or post anything about the story. *sigh*

Gawge

Nuclear waste stuff isn't required for 100%

Ah, cheers (
does that include collecting the submarine parts?
).

I'm not all too bothered about 100% or Platinum - I might not end up getting it. For now, it is just a sort of rough goal, to guide my chaos.

Lunzio

Ugh. I was watching the CGR GTAV review and some idiot in the comment section posted what seems to be end game spoilers. Stupid youtube. I was being so careful too. I knew Marc wouldn't care or post anything about the story. *sigh*

It's ALL about the journey

and the mayhem. that beautiful mayhem.

Ah, cheers (
does that include collecting the submarine parts?
).

I'm not all too bothered about 100% or Platinum - I might not end up getting it. For now, it is just a sort of rough goal, to guide my chaos.

Spaceship parts and letter scraps seem to be the only collectibles that count towards 100%. I've hit 92.75% on the game and I honestly cannot bring myself to collect things, even though I love just spending time in the world, so I know where you're coming from!

Gawge

Last Heist spoiler

Stealing the mole thing is starting to annoy me... I can't do it without at least getting 2 stars by the time I touch the truck and then it's impossible to evade the cops with a big rig like that.

I went down to the little railway-yard thingy on the other side of the river/viaduct. It was great for evading the cops - my only problem was getting back out. Only way out was via a cluttered yard, having to reverse through a gap only slightly larger than the truck. I nearly gave up, but managed to squeeze room for a 53-point-turn, and got out of there.

I'd suggest going into the river, and finding a rail tunnel.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I'm about half way through the story(or at least the mission count) and the story really doesn't feel like its gone anywhere yet. Does the story get better soon? To be honest so far this feels like the weakest story in a main GTA game since GTA3.

I absolutely love the driving. It's the first time in a while in an open world game where I find driving fun. speeding down the streets of LS especially with franklin's ability. weaving in an out of traffic. the sense of speed. the control. it's really, really nice.

Driving in GTA4 was insanely rewarding once mastered. Here, everything is easy mode. ;(

Oh, and the new damage model is also a downgrade. They have changed a lot about the driving model for the worse in my opinion.

Does the strength stat play into the triathlons? I was midway through the coyote one and one of the AI players just fucking left me like I was standing still. I mean it was like he was on a dirt-bike or something.

ezekial45

Banned
When I switched characters, I left Trevor on top of the submarine with his scuba gear. when i went back to him an hour later, he was passed out drunk in his underwear and scuba gear on one of the bridges in Los Santos. The submarine was 'parked' nearby on the street as well.

I love this game so much.

Nibiru

Banned
Well beat the game and traded it in at eb for the Pokemon x y promotion.

As for GTA V it was ok but just like the previous one it was very overrated imo. Maybe i'm just not into running around in a city jacking cars and killing gangsters anymore. It might have helped if the characters were not so yappy and annoying. I can appreciate all the work that went into it but RDR was my favorite game this gen and this game wasn't a patch on that. I think maybe it's just the city setting that bores me a little.

I might get it again when it comes out for pc and mess around with mods.

Megasoum

Banned
So for the thriatlons, if I have 100/100 Stamina that means I never have to stop tapping?

AKA I could just turn the Turbo switch to on on my pad and hold it for 30min?

Nesotenso

Nope. You just have to look around/buy them.

There are some semi-regular spawns though; try checking:
carsuqbi6.png

ok thanks

Is there a quicker way to get the submarine to each nuclear waste? I've cleared everything in that NW portion of the map and exited the game and I feel like it would be like a 20 minute slow drive to get south to more barrels when I start again.

I handled this by grapling the sub with a stolen Cargobob helicopter I used to have with Trevor. If you can't find a Cargobob, you can buy one on the (ingame) internet. :)

Lima

So for the thriatlons, if I have 100/100 Stamina that means I never have to stop tapping?

AKA I could just turn the Turbo switch to on on my pad and hold it for 30min?

Yes that is what I did. Plugged in my turbo controller so it quickly hammered the A button and just moved my guy with the left analogue stick.

Alright! What in the hell is the fastest car in the game?

Ive got a full modified Entity XF (fuck ya) and I cant seem to see anything anymore at full speed. Its fantastic!

I think all cars have the same speed with full mods...but what about the default cars?

Adder or Entity XF is my guess!

Siegmeyer

Is there a quicker way to get the submarine to each nuclear waste? I've cleared everything in that NW portion of the map and exited the game and I feel like it would be like a 20 minute slow drive to get south to more barrels when I start again.

It's a ball-ache for sure, that's why I got all the nuclear waste in one long journey round the map (took about 90 mins). The thought of having to drive that sub for any longer than was necessary didn't bear thinking about.

Zep

Banned
Oh yea, a small side mission glitch I ran into.

I ran into a bug with the real estate guy(as trevor)...I took down all 15 signs but it only credited me with taking down 12 of them. I went back to recheck each location and (obviously) there are no signs to take down.

Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I glitched it by shooting at some of the signs?!

Gadirok

Last Heist spoiler

Stealing the mole thing is starting to annoy me... I can't do it without at least getting 2 stars by the time I touch the truck and then it's impossible to evade the cops with a big rig like that.

What I did was drive a car beside the gateway, climb on top of that car in order to be able to climb the fence and climbed over the fence. Then I did stealth approach to the officer on the phone and knocked him out before returning the van. Then I got away with no stars at all.

tranciful

Can tuning a car change any stats other than acceleration? Do the different wheels make any difference? ie, high end vs tuner wheels? I at least hope that off road tires actually affect how it performs on different surfaces.

I'm not sure if the weapon wheel is more of a pain in the ass or not.

I know I hate the radio one. Sometimes silence is nice, you know, R*.

Dingotech

Far out at what point in the game can I get the players together for the Army of Three achievement/trophy!!

I keep trying after every mission but one of them is always busy, or flat out refuses to hang out because 'we go that business to deal with'.

SO FRUSTRATING!!!

sunnz

Is there an easy way to find them on the map? It seems like there is only 20 'robberies' scattered around and it's hard to find them. They should have put there locations by default on the map menu for every character so you could simply use the waypoint and reach them

I can't seem to find any.

I got the CE of GTA V and got the blue print map, which has the locations of these stores that I use from time to time. Worth the extra money.

ieatzombies

Is it just me or is the Coil Voltic impossible to find?
Close to end mission spoiler ahead..
there's a certain mission where it takes place at a big company at the northern most point of vinewood where they spawn.
I found mine there and put it in the main garage that holds 4 vehicles.

xbhaskarx

What is the point of the auto salvage yard place? I bought it with Michael and I can't open the garage door, I just get called over there from time to time to shoot bikers...

Top Bottom