• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

MYeager

No you need to buy them if you have the regular version. Only the special/collectors edition have them unlocked from the start.

I do not have the special or collectors edition and I had a garage unlocked for all three characters without paying for them.

MMaRsu

GTA V patch update WISH LIST - hypothetically if R* were to release an update that addresses certain issues with the game.
  1. Cruise Control - mostly for boats/planes (auto-pilot). Having to hold down the trigger for long durations kinda sucks. SRIII had cruise control
  2. Hot button for map - It'd be great to not have to pause game, wait for load, click on map, then drop a marker.
  3. Wanted (police stars) is so temperamental - Seriously, I get the cops on me if I just look at a pedestrian wrong as Trevor. That's insane. I know he's batshit crazy, and must frighten people, but come on! I
    was at the top of Chilidad, and I brushed a hiker while manuvering the platform up top to look out the viewing binnoculars. The hiker threatened to and called the cops. WTF?

Dude..even sr2 had cruise control. R* acting ignorant.

Haha, thanks for this. Currently buzzing around downtown Los Santos.

So you got it working? I'd like to see someone fly through the Vinewood sign. I tried flying through one of the O's and hit a metal rail. It's also a ton if fun trying to fly under the very low overpasses on the freeways.

Brizzo24

1: Remove the deadzone on the car steering, SO stupid and makes it difficult to make small adjustments properly ( results in twitchy car controls) and maybe a suspension system in-between IV and V.

Can you elaborate more about the deadzone? What exactly is this? Are you saying the steering is too tight, or that you can't make sharp enough u-turns or something?

Also, anyone beat 161mph? (i'm sure you have)

kgVMsWX.png

Ok, so when changing characters, they'll choose a random outfit right? They don't just pick a random assortment of clothes, they always pick from one of your outfits? Where do you buy full outfits then? I've checked clothing stores and they only let you buy individual items

They also pick buyed clothes.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Can you elaborate more about the deadzone? What exactly is this? Are you saying the steering is too tight, or that you can't make sharp enough u-turns or something?

http://i.imgur.com/kgVMsWX.pngIMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zE0FQiy.png

I don't know how. Maybe it was a glitch or something or maybe you can go that fast?

124 for Michael and 117 for Trevor.

Brizzo24

Things I would like to see in a patch:

* Hold d-pad down to bring up the map(having to pause, go into the menu, etc sucks)/have it use the phone
* Allow for extra garage space, say 50 cars or so. You can pick 4 rides to display and can select from all available vehicles using a simple menu/rotating preview system
* Allow for selection of a default vehicle for each character; I'm tired of using that pos that Franklin has
* Fix the impound system; just have it respawn in the garage if it's a vehicle we owned(maybe for a small fee)
* More purchasable property and mini-game to go along with them(bar hopping, bouncing, pleasing the celebs at your nightclub, owning a car lot and selecting what type of cars to sell, etc)
* Accurate graphs for the stock market
* QoL improvements like being able to adjust car audio volume, garage saving issues, helicopter deadzone improvement, etc

Holding the d-pad down would be a good call. As of now I keep hitting it down to pull the small box map out further. So a hold would simply be the next step in progression.

I read an article (maybe kotaku) about some of the wish-they-didn't-do-that design choices R* made. One of 'em was the fact that we spend a lot of our time looking at the bottom left corner of our screen, always at that damn little map box to make sure we're on the right path. I know it's unavoidable, but once I read that I realized how true it is.

Also, you can adjust car audio volume in the options. It's a universal audio options throughout all the vehicles. So if you meant car to car, and depending on the situation, then that'd be cool.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yea someone tell more about this deadzone for cars thing. Is it an options setting?

Also, you can adjust car audio volume in the options. It's a universal audio options throughout all the vehicles. So if you meant car to car, and depending on the situation, then that'd be cool.

I think it would be really cool if you could upgrade stereo equipment in cars. Have a car with thumping bass cruising through the hood, perfect.

Brizzo24

I don't know how. Maybe it was a glitch or something or maybe you can go that fast?

124 for Michael and 117 for Trevor.

My 161 is for Trevor, lol. Frankling is around 117 or 121. I didn't realize the social club tracks speed until this morning.

Is it just top speed, or you think it literally is a speeding ticket? Because I've seen cops on the side of the road, presumably radar-ing fast cars. This is along PCH on your way op the west coast.

sunnz

kgVMsWX.png

TL: DR: It makes the driving in game a lot less precise because of the affects it has.

In IV you could FULLY control a cars steering, meaning even VERY small adjustments on the analog stick would move the cars wheels in game, making it very good for making very small movements with the car when driving ( especially when driving fast)

In V ( and SD, SR and JC2) there is a small deadzone, like 20% or so of the analog sticks don't affect the cars handling at all, so to move the car you have to push further out with the analog sticks for the cars wheels to move. This makes it a lot harder to make small adjustments since it results in a more twitchy gameplay experience ( since you have to move the stick further out, you move the analog sticks faster outwards to move the car, resulting in less precise driving in game)

It's hard to explain but just mess around with the driving and you should notice it.

IV and Mafia 2 don't suffer from this, which is one of the reasons why they have some of the best driving in a game ( even better than some racing games)

IV's suspension system I also loved a lot too, so sad to see that almost fully removed in V. It made the cars feel a lot more... alive in a sense.

They need to patch in:

1. More control customization options.
2. Ability to manually check stats. Forcing you to wait for it to scroll by is monumentally stupid.

Does the garage bug affect airplanes and helicopters? I was thinking about buying some for Trevor. But I won't if they're going to disappear on me.

sunnz

So, is there like no NOS?

Or unlocked later?

They should put back in the ability to leave the engine on when leaving a car. Right now, I'd guess it was left out due to an oversight.

This is very weird for me. When I try to leave the engine on, it turns off yet sometimes I have been able to exit a car without the engine going off ( from my memory, the few times the engine stays on is when I am getting shot.

They should put back in the ability to leave the engine on when leaving a car. Right now, I'd guess it was left out due to an oversight.

Also, I've seen clips of players doing a burnout on a person, and having blood spray around. How do you do that? Tried it myself, but nothing happens.

Holding the d-pad down would be a good call. As of now I keep hitting it down to pull the small box map out further. So a hold would simply be the next step in progression.

I read an article (maybe kotaku) about some of the wish-they-didn't-do-that design choices R* made. One of 'em was the fact that we spend a lot of our time looking at the bottom left corner of our screen, always at that damn little map box to make sure we're on the right path. I know it's unavoidable, but once I read that I realized how true it is.

Do you mean holding "down" on the d-pad or holding "up" on the d-pad? Pressing and holding "down" brings up the character select.

I'd rather they put map related stuff on the select/back button. Hold it to bring up the map. Or to toggle the mini-map on and off; I'd prefer that.

Also, I've seen clips of players doing a burnout on a person, and having blood spray around. How do you do that? Tried it myself, but nothing happens.
It needs a pool of blood to work.

Brizzo24

TL: DR: It makes the driving in game a lot less precise because of the affects it has.

In IV you could FULLY control a cars steering, meaning even VERY small adjustments on the analog stick would move the cars wheels in game, making it very good for making very small movements with the car when driving ( especially when driving fast)

In V ( and SD, SR and JC2) there is a small deadzone, like 20% or so of the analog sticks don't affect the cars handling at all, so to move the car you have to push further out with the analog sticks for the cars wheels to move. This makes it a lot harder to make small adjustments since it results in a more twitchy gameplay experience ( since you have to move the stick further out, you move the analog sticks faster outwards to move the car, resulting in less precise driving in game)

It's hard to explain but just mess around with the driving and you should notice it.

IV and Mafia 2 don't suffer from this, which is one of the reasons why they have some of the best driving in a game ( even better than some racing games)

IV's suspension system I also loved a lot too, so sad to see that almost fully removed in V. It made the cars feel a lot more... alive in a sense.

Oh man, it sounds like the kind of thing you don't even know exists until someone brings it to your attention, and then it's all you can think about :)

But I get ya. That's annoying, especially if you're aware of it and realize how quickly it could be patched or fixed. And per the weight and suspension of the vehicles in IV, It'd be nice to have some of that back, but really, I enjoy the driving in V. The cars aren't nearly as weighted as before, but the criticism from people about the difficulties associated with IV is what made R* make it more 'arcade-y'

Loudninja

Posted last Monday
"We have received some reports about problems with cars and garages, particularly after upgrading and then completing a mission, and are looking into this now," explained Rockstar. "Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround to recover a car if it is missing."

While Rockstar is still investigating the cause of this issue, the developer stated that it thinks this may occur if you drive another character's personal vehicle. "In the meantime, please try to avoid parking a car in a garage, driving one already in a garage, or getting in a default vehicle, when playing as a character other than the one with your upgrades."

Rockstar also made sure to note that cars parked in one character's garage will not appear in another character's safe house. That part's not a glitch, but simply a design decision.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a5-players-avoid-garages-until-a-bug-is-fixed

sunnz

Oh man, it sounds like the kind of thing you don't even know exists until someone brings it to your attention, and then it's all you can think about :)

But I get ya. That's annoying, especially if you're aware of it and realize how quickly it could be patched or fixed. And per the weight and suspension of the vehicles in IV, It'd be nice to have some of that back, but really, I enjoy the driving in V. The cars aren't nearly as weighted as before, but the criticism from people about the difficulties associated with IV is what made R* make it more 'arcade-y'

Honestly, the one thing I worried the most about V was the driving physics ( not the map, gameplay, shooting, content, characters or anything else)

I expected the physics to change and while I am ok with the changes ( even though to me they are a massive downgrade and kinda left me disappointed, I understand to the majority it's probably better this way)

Driving the Sanchez in IV over humps and the few off road areas was a lot more fun than off road ( much better off road areas too) in ANY vehicle in V since you don't have that suspension and weight transfer.

Disappointing about the NOS. It seems like more and more simple and straight forward features we have seen in previous GTA games are absent.

Derrick01

Banned
So I just did a random event and as a reward the guy told me to invest in a certain stock right now. Turns out it was a bawsaq stock so I guess those aren't entirely run by the community after all.

MormaPope

Banned
I've really enjoyed the driving physics in GTA V due to how much faster and more flexible vehicles have become. Yes, mastering the controls and physics in GTA IV was incredibly fun, but I'd rather go 90 MPH off a rocky slope and feel the thrill and fear of either blowing up on contact or nailing the landing.

If GTA V had GTA IV physics most of the open landscape wouldn't mean jack shit. GTA IV also was lacking with the feel of speed when driving. The console versions of GTA IV had the vaseline filter automatically on for high speed driving.

Thrill, risks, and outright fear >>>> Realistic and heavy handed physics.

FaintDeftone

I would like for them to patch the time it takes to clear the wanted level. It seems like I sit around forever waiting for the stars to clear once I get away from them.

I put 20k into this supercar and parked it in the garage of my aunt's house. Then I complete a mission and I'm automatically moved into another home. When I get there, the garage is empty.

?????? What's the point of finding new cars if they just disappear?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I put 20k into this supercar and parked it in the garage of my aunt's house. Then I complete a mission and I'm automatically moved into another home. When I get there, the garage is empty.

Known bug. It'll be fixed in the online patch.

Loudninja

Yeah it sucks, its a bug that they are working on you can look at my above post.

sunnz

I've really enjoyed the driving physics in GTA V due to how much faster and more flexible vehicles have become. Yes, mastering the controls and physics in GTA IV was incredibly fun, but I'd rather go 90 MPH off a rocky slope and feel the thrill and fear of either blowing up on contact or nailing the landing.

If GTA V had GTA IV physics most of the open landscape wouldn't mean jack shit. GTA IV also was lacking with the feel of speed when driving. The console versions of GTA IV had the vaseline filter automatically on for high speed driving.

Thrill, risks, and outright fear >>>> Realistic and heavy handed physics.

I guess we have difference experiences. I got a lot more enjoyment out of driving fast and keeping control of vehicle in IV than I have in V, since it feels to easy and cheap in V. I don't get that sense of speed in V either since the driving feels too precise at such high speeds.

Hitting a ramp in IV is a lot more thrilling and enjoyable than V, by a mile.

Arcteryx

new favorite activity: sniping the police helo pilot as NOOSE are ziplining down. The ziplines flipping around(with NOOSE attached to them) as the helo spins an blows up looks CRAZY.

red731

Guys, just an FYI:

Pause > Map > Zoom absolutely in when you are near something you like > Press TRIANGLE[360alternative] = POI aka Point of Interest will be added to map.

If you wish to delete it, just hover on icon and triangle again.

tranciful

No you need to buy them if you have the regular version. Only the special/collectors edition have them unlocked from the start.

I didn't get SE/CE (unless preorders defaulted to SE) and I had them, though I thought it was because of R* Social Club

Top Bottom