• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Septimius

I think the only people who really know are the people in Rockstar who manage it. Everything else is speculation and guesswork based on observing trends which could be coincidences.

It seems that consensus has moved on the subject, though. My first thought was that it was a simple oscillation, but now people seem to think it's more about actual trading. It's fun, anyway. And you're right. A lot of guesswork is at hand.

I'll just sit back and see if I can make any sense of it. It seemed to me that the ingame charts were broken, though. Now it seemed a bit better, besides the fact that the value is multiplied by 100.

Mononoke

Banned
As someone that hated GTA IV, I will say GTA V was brilliant. I loved this game top to bottom. My only gripe was the ending. I won't say anything, because this is isn't a spoilers thread. But basically, I felt the ending was rushed, and overall the story kind of just ended. The game is long, and the story is excellent. So I can't complain much. But I felt like the transition from your main missions to the final mission, felt really abrupt. And I didn't really buy the ending (in terms of the characters).

Oh well. Really disappointing, considering IMO it had one of the better story's in a game in recent years, and the characters were generally fantastic.

Just my 2 cents. Definitely worth paying full price for. I easily threw in 70 hours into my game. And I know i'll love GTA online.

Prozel

Looks like Sethos is still doing his screenshot shenanigans

S9KeFCy.png

RcTNwQi.png

Few more here; http://imgur.com/a/7cEbu

tranciful

Cashed out of HAL at $7.07 (think I put in 10 mil at $1.7 and another 10 mil at 4.6). Too risky for my tastes now that people are organized.

Going to consider taking part in the insider trading at /r/GTAVstocks but I have a feeling it's going to be messier than they expect. They have a scheduled selloff on Monday for Pisswasser, but I imagine the hours leading up to that are going to be absolute chaos and anybody who actually waits for the scheduled time is fucked. I'll be waiting to buy into whatever their next choice is as soon as they announce it (might try to predict it -- so far they just pick whatever's lowest), but I'll play it safe and sell it as soon as I see a good return.

But I think I like BurgerShot best so far. No community to muck it up. Buy at $3.XX, sell at $5.XX (or high $4.XX) -- decent return, predictable. I've done that several cycles so far no bruises yet.

I'm also considering investing in prep for GTA:O (stuff I imagine players will be buying in-game, mostly weapons) but it's hard to tell if player activity will have as big of impact as trading activity so I'm not sure how reliable it'd be.

Does anyone know how often the Social Club BAWSAQ is updated compared to the ingame BAWSAQ? Does the 5 hour chart work in-game? What do people know about BAWSAQ?

I'd like to put together a guide, based on what I know of technical analysis of real stocks, combined with the way it works in the game. So if this is based on how people actually invest, and not player action, I'd love if someone could back it up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVstocks/ probably has the best info

NeoGiff

Yep, me too bro. But since then I dumped everything back into it mid week when it was around 4.5

I know that feeling.

I honestly feel like we need a new thread strictly for stock manipulation. I would do it but I already have 2 GTA related threads going. We show how well GAF can manipulate the bawsaq.

This. With the amount of stock-related discussion in this thread, it seems like a necessity. I'd do it myself but I'm still a Junior. Any volunteers?

Septimius

Cashed out of HAL at $7.07 (think I put in 10 mil at $1.7 and another 10 mil at 4.6). Too risky for my tastes now that people are organized.

Going to consider taking part in the insider trading at /r/GTAVstocks but I have a feeling it's going to be messier than they expect. They have a scheduled selloff on Monday for Pisswasser, but I imagine the hours leading up to that are going to be absolute chaos and anybody who actually waits for the scheduled time is fucked. I'll be waiting to buy into whatever their next choice is as soon as they announce it (might try to predict it -- so far they just pick whatever's lowest), but I'll play it safe and sell it as soon as I see a good return.

But I think I like BurgerShot best so far. No community to muck it up. Buy at $3.XX, sell at $5.XX (or high $4.XX) -- decent return, predictable. I've done that several cycles so far no bruises yet.

I'm also considering investing in prep for GTA:O (stuff I imagine players will be buying in-game, mostly weapons) but it's hard to tell if player activity will have as big of impact as trading activity so I'm not sure how reliable it'd be.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVstocks/ probably has the best info

Damn, why didn't I think of reddit. Thanks.

RaikuHebi

Banned
First time, got to the change from bike to running and cycled into another competitor, mission failed. Second time, missed the third to last checkpoint, ended up coming third. Third time was lucky. An hour and half of my life I won't get back.
I thought most of it was easy but just before the end I nearly got overtaken haha. Made sure to block the guy in 2nd.

Something I noticed regarding the physics downgrade is that when you walk up to a dead body, you no longer put your foot on top, like when you're between the road and a curbed pavement.

duckroll

It seems that consensus has moved on the subject, though. My first thought was that it was a simple oscillation, but now people seem to think it's more about actual trading. It's fun, anyway. And you're right. A lot of guesswork is at hand.

I'll just sit back and see if I can make any sense of it. It seemed to me that the ingame charts were broken, though. Now it seemed a bit better, besides the fact that the value is multiplied by 100.

I think there are likely some fixed factors, as well as some simulated factors, and the rest is influenced by trading and actions in the game shared between all players. For example, certain stocks crashing just as the game launches seems simulated to me, like a sort of reset after testing the market internally during development. The same stocks starting to go up again could either be a sign of lots of people buying it because its cheap, or it could imply that certain stocks after being reset are set to rise regularly because they're stable companies.

I have zero evidence outside of my observation though. Lol.

Septimius

Bought in pisswasser thanks to you guys yesterday and now I see it's at a 63% return. Should I wait or sell it now?

There's no indication that it's not going to continue to rise, as of yet. So you can likely safely keep it until tomorrow. Guessing it might be around 100% up for you at that point.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It just felt right dumping all of Trevors money in Pisswater. Now I read that reddit as with everything is going to screw it up. Guess I better sell Sunday night.

Andrew.

Banned
I played/fed/walked Chop enough in the iOS app that his happiness meter in the actual game is almost full. It's a nice little touch to be able to have him sit or give you his paw.

He's also fun as hell to use to search for collectibles. It seems like his ability to scout for them gets better over time.

DietRob

I played/fed/walked Chop enough in the iOS app that his happiness meter in the actual game is almost full. It's a nice little touch to be able to have him sit or give you his paw.

He's also fun as hell to use to search for collectibles. It seems like his ability to scout for them gets better over time.

I cannot believe this app isn't out for Android yet. Whatcha waiting on R*

The gold medal system is horribly implemented. I know it's only optional so it's probably not worth getting worked up over but not being able to restart easily is really bad design.

Glad to hear this, didn't know that. Time to grind Chop.

Brizzo24

GTA V patch update WISH LIST - hypothetically if R* were to release an update that addresses certain issues with the game.
  1. Cruise Control - mostly for boats/planes (auto-pilot). Having to hold down the trigger for long durations kinda sucks. SRIII had cruise control
  2. Hot button for map - It'd be great to not have to pause game, wait for load, click on map, then drop a marker.
  3. Wanted (police stars) is so temperamental - Seriously, I get the cops on me if I just look at a pedestrian wrong as Trevor. That's insane. I know he's batshit crazy, and must frighten people, but come on! I
    was at the top of Chilidad, and I brushed a hiker while manuvering the platform up top to look out the viewing binnoculars. The hiker threatened to and called the cops. WTF?

Axial

Anyone know if there's a cash limit for each character? If so, how much? I have aprox. 1,7 bil. on each and wonder how high I can go before maxing out.

Good God, after reading through Tanisha's lifeinvader page, I hate her a lot more for looking down on Franklin and what he does, when she just marries some rich guy to take the easy way out.

Gaz_RB

GTA V patch update WISH LIST - hypothetically if R* were to release an update that addresses certain issues with the game.
  1. Cruise Control - mostly for boats/planes (auto-pilot). Having to hold down the trigger for long durations kinda sucks. SRIII had cruise control
  2. Hot button for map - It'd be great to not have to pause game, wait for load, click on map, then drop a marker.
  3. Wanted (police stars) is so temperamental - Seriously, I get the cops on me if I just look at a pedestrian wrong as Trevor. That's insane. I know he's batshit crazy, and must frighten people, but come on! I
    was at the top of Chilidad, and I brushed a hiker while manuvering the platform up top to look out the viewing binnoculars. The hiker threatened to and called the cops. WTF?

Disagree with 3. And add the obvious "fix the garage system" and you're good to go.

DietRob

I wonder if apple gave R* a bunch of cash like they did for EA. This thing should be actually in the game or a least a flash game. :/

Might be onto something. Apple is pretty sue happy and with the phone interface looking a lot like apple with the tiles and buttons maybe it was a trade off.

Ok, Ok, I'll take off the tin foil hat.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Scuba Gear Related Question:
How do I get a dinghy/scuba gear over to the lake in the middle of the island to pick up the shit from the wrecked plane?

kai3345

Banned
Ok, so when changing characters, they'll choose a random outfit right? They don't just pick a random assortment of clothes, they always pick from one of your outfits? Where do you buy full outfits then? I've checked clothing stores and they only let you buy individual items

sunnz

1: Remove the deadzone on the car steering, SO stupid and makes it difficult to make small adjustments properly ( results in twitchy car controls) and maybe a suspension system in-between IV and V.

2: Add in IV style police vigilant missions and wanted system ( bail bonds are not the same and a terrible replacement, sorry)

3:New random events created around the map.

4: Opening up Burger shot and Cluckin bell ( and allowed to rob them for money, like you can do with some stores)

That would literally make the game go from 9/10 to 10/10 for me.

Arcteryx

Things I would like to see in a patch:

* Hold d-pad down to bring up the map(having to pause, go into the menu, etc sucks)/have it use the phone
* Allow for extra garage space, say 50 cars or so. You can pick 4 rides to display and can select from all available vehicles using a simple menu/rotating preview system
* Allow for selection of a default vehicle for each character; I'm tired of using that pos that Franklin has
* Fix the impound system; just have it respawn in the garage if it's a vehicle we owned(maybe for a small fee)
* More purchasable property and mini-game to go along with them(bar hopping, bouncing, pleasing the celebs at your nightclub, owning a car lot and selecting what type of cars to sell, etc)
* Accurate graphs for the stock market
* QoL improvements like being able to adjust car audio volume, garage saving issues, helicopter deadzone improvement, etc

Top Bottom