• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lima

Post game where do you
find the truck for the stranger mission that appears for Trevor
?

One is parked here

1833909-1xvoopkp3jlr.jpg

Zep

Banned
Done.

High five to any and everyone who went through the game with FREE AIM. Made it really difficult at times(with how precise enemies can be) but made it much more dynamic.

Just encountered the Vinewood tours bus tour. So funny. You can take a tour of Vinewood for $40 while the lady describes everything.

Also thanks for that Google map. Will come in handy.

MYeager

Done.

High five to any and everyone who went through the game with FREE AIM. Made it really difficult at times(with how precise enemies can be) but made it much more dynamic.

I thought it was easier with it on. Headshots for everyone.

fuck... i just can't beat that rampage mission against the army folks. some random always kills me.
Hide behind the big wall behind where you start the rampage. The tanks are the toughest part. Just go for cover behind the edge of the wall and pop out immediately after the tank fires at you and shoot a grenade at him then pop back into cover. I died a few times just keep trying. It is the hardest one. You only have one left after that and it's really funny and easy.

Phreak47

Just a random thought to throw in here...

Imagine how awesome the "Share" feature on PS4 would be when this game (or the next iteration) hits it.

Youtube would absolutely explode with all the insane rampages people come up with.

Can't fucking wait.

Zep

Banned
One question about an assassination:

The one where you take out the guy coming out the hotel and you're coming through the parking garage.

Everytime I tried to plant a bomb one of his detail would see it. Was sniping the only way to kill him?

fuck... i just can't beat that rampage mission against the army folks. some random always kills me.

Don't forget about Trevors L3+R3. It comes in handy for rampages.

Rizsparky

Just a random thought to throw in here...

Imagine how awesome the "Share" feature on PS4 would be when this game (or the next iteration) hits it.

Youtube would absolutely explode with all the insane rampages people come up with.

Can't fucking wait.

Damn, your right. I've had some funky-ass occurrences during my play through that I would've loved to share.

Megasoum

Banned
Last Heist spoiler

Stealing the mole thing is starting to annoy me... I can't do it without at least getting 2 stars by the time I touch the truck and then it's impossible to evade the cops with a big rig like that.

lmao @ how Trevor starts acting halfway through game. Both Franklin and Michael's reactions over multiple missions are great.

And this jeep + classic car spawning bug is WAY worse than the garage saving issue. You can live without the garage, but when only jeeps are spawning = :|

And cars exploding on contact because you flew off some random cliff and landed awkwardly is annoying as hell. I swear this game was made by and designed for videogame masochists.

inky

Last Heist spoiler

Stealing the mole thing is starting to annoy me... I can't do it without at least getting 2 stars by the time I touch the truck and then it's impossible to evade the cops with a big rig like that.

It's not that hard, just try some creative jumping around the highway. Apparently there is a way to do that stealthily but I didn't really figure out how, not even with the
stun gun.

- Driving got too easy and robotic compared to GTA4. It's a step back for me. Sure, the cars and bikes in GTA4 did slide a bit too much, but why make it extremely arcadey and easy now? Especially motorcycle handling is no fun anymore. For a game so focused on driving, this hurts. Looking forward to the PC mods.

- Jumps for street driving also have been toned down seemingly. There were some amazing jumps in GTA4 outside of stunt jumps. At the same time, why do I die most of the time when doing some ridiculous jumps off mountains but land perfectly with a bike? Has never been like that in GTA and it pisses me off.

- Cars basically don't flip over anymore and the beautiful chain expoding cars are gone. This was always one of the little things I loved about GTA. Not realistic but fun. I can see some people preferring this change though. (Probably the same for the new easy mode physics)

- Races are too easy, just like GTA4. No matter if street race or off-road, everything is free. San Andreas was stupid hard but fun in this regard, why make it so easy now? GTA Online will at least fix this.

Zep

Banned
lmao @ how Trevor starts acting halfway through game. Both Franklin and Michael's reactions over multiple missions are great.

And this jeep + classic car spawning bug is WAY worse than the garage saving issue. You can live without the garage, but when only jeeps are spawning = :|

And cars exploding on contact because you flew off some random cliff and landed awkwardly is annoying as hell. I swear this game was made by and designed for videogame masochists.

The amount of JANK in this game only left me wanting more, oddly.

BigDug13

Is there a quicker way to get the submarine to each nuclear waste? I've cleared everything in that NW portion of the map and exited the game and I feel like it would be like a 20 minute slow drive to get south to more barrels when I start again.

Raonak

Banned
- Driving got too easy and robotic compared to GTA4. It's a step back for me. Sure, the cars and bikes in GTA4 did slide a bit too much, but why make it extremely arcadey and easy now? Especially motorcycle handling is no fun anymore. For a game so focused on driving, this hurts. Looking forward to the PC mods.

I absolutely love the driving. It's the first time in a while in an open world game where I find driving fun. speeding down the streets of LS especially with franklin's ability. weaving in an out of traffic. the sense of speed. the control. it's really, really nice.

Eleuin

holy shit I was trying to find a getaway vehicle for the last heist and that spawning bug happened to me :/

So I have a question about the hijack khamelion. I know it's exclusive to the collectors edition in GTA online but is it in the single player game? In the promotional shots, Michael is shown driving in it but I haven't had any luck locating it.

Convenient stores are spread out pretty badly.

Is there an easy way to find them on the map? It seems like there is only 20 'robberies' scattered around and it's hard to find them. They should have put there locations by default on the map menu for every character so you could simply use the waypoint and reach them

cdkee

Banned
Last Heist spoiler

There's a ladder you can climb to get past the guard. From there, I stealth killed everyone with a silenced pistol. I got 2 stars when I got in, but the cops took so long to arrive I was able to hide before they even got close.

Wasp

so for the epsilon car mission, do they show up on the map ?
All five can be found parked in specific spots in the city. Alternatively you can buy most of them from the car websites or just find them in traffic. I used this map and can confirm it's accurate.

By the way does anyone know if the LA Convention Centre is in this game? I know it was in San Andreas.

Gawge

I collected all the nuclear waste, because I started, and couldn't bring myself to stop. I was looking forward to that Strangers/Freaks at the dock which unlocked while doing it though -
until it turned out to be pretty much the same thing again

Is that required for 100%? Because all the underwater stuff is pretty boring.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I tried the sunken treasure glitch but the brief case doesn't show back up. Oh well I really didn't feel like switching back and forth like that for hours. I'd rather earn my money through the stock market instead of a glitch.

Lunzio

I collected all the nuclear waste, because I started, and couldn't bring myself to stop. I was looking forward to that Strangers/Freaks at the dock which unlocked while doing it though -
until it turned out to be pretty much the same thing again

Is that required for 100%? Because all the underwater stuff is pretty boring.

Nuclear waste stuff isn't required for 100%

Tawpgun

Last Heist spoiler

I used a silenced sniper from across the street. Hid from the cops when they came. Then took the rig with no issue

Top Bottom