• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Anyone else disappointed with the lack of motorbikes? There is like 3 models and its very rare to see them on the world.

I was thinking the same think a little while ago. Feels very rare to see any of the motorcycles or bicycles.

BUT HEY, YOU WANT JEEPS?! WE GOT LOTS OF JEEPS?! YOU GET A JEEP AND YOU GET A JEEP

EVERYWHERE A JEEP JEEP

Symphonia

Banned
Need help regarding Franklin's fourth assissination mission.

How am I supposed to reach the target? I climb the crane and ALWAYS get shot up by the chopper. I've attempted it a dozen times and keep dying.

Someone help?

TheContact

Need help regarding Franklin's fourth assissination mission.

How am I supposed to reach the target? I climb the crane and ALWAYS get shot up by the chopper. I've attempted it a dozen times and keep dying.

Someone help?

Don't climb. Go around back and you can take a lift up.

duckroll

Anyone else disappointed with the lack of motorbikes? There is like 3 models and its very rare to see them on the world.

I was thinking the same think a little while ago. Feels very rare to see any of the motorcycles or bicycles.

BUT HEY, YOU WANT JEEPS?! WE GOT LOTS OF JEEPS?! YOU GET A JEEP AND YOU GET A JEEP

EVERYWHERE A JEEP JEEP

Not my experience at all. There's a good mix of bikes and bicycles pretty much anywhere I go. In the city and on the highways there are always bikes at least somewhere, and in Blaine County gangs of The Lost riding in formation is a common sight. If you go around the beach area there'll always be people cycling. Same with the hiking paths and mountain areas where there are people.

Gaz_RB

EVERYWHERE A JEEP JEEP

Same.

Can I please just get a-

NO, JEEP

Restarting usually gets things back to normal though.

Rockstar should have given us garages with each property we buy as well as and save houses where we could change clothes. It doesn't even matter when the garage are car holes. Smh. So much missed potential with this game. Also has any body seen the hijack khamelion? Rockstar showed promotional shots with Michael driving it so I suppose it should be in the single player. Just need confirmation.

TheContact

So I switch to Trevor and he wakes up in this...

4cXa78o.png

Not my experience at all. There's a good mix of bikes and bicycles pretty much anywhere I go. In the city and on the highways there are always bikes at least somewhere, and in Blaine County gangs of The Lost riding in formation is a common sight. If you go around the beach area there'll always be people cycling. Same with the hiking paths and mountain areas where there are people.

I've seen the a group of bikers once in ~55 hours. I used to see bikes on the highways but LOLJEEPS

There are a few ATVs and cyclists on the dirt trails but that's between tons of LOLJEEPS. This game should be called Grand Theft Jeep With Occasional Old Model Car, And Modern Coupe.

Admittedly the vehicle spawn issue comes and goes, but it's gotten a lot more apparent after the ~30th mission.

Roche

I've seen the a group of bikers once in ~55 hours. I used to see bikes on the highways but LOLJEEPS

There are a few ATVs and cyclists on the dirt trails but that's between tons of LOLJEEPS. This game should be called Grand Theft Jeep With Occasional Old Model Car, And Modern Coupe.

Admittedly the vehicle spawn issue comes and goes, but it's gotten a lot more apparent after the ~30th mission.

Maybe it's just where you're spending most of your time, I've found the lost usually hang out around Trevor's trailer park area the desert kinda towns. I've seen em plenty of times.

I really like the vehicle selection in this game, far better than the old find a nice car and see it all over deal.

DominoKid

So I switch to Trevor and he wakes up in this...

lol i got that transition once, then i switched off to Franklin since he was closest in location to starting the final heist. while it was loading i realized Trevor was going to show up to preparation in a dress, and sure enough...

duckroll

I wonder if it's related to the sort of vehicle the player more commonly uses. I've only run into the "infinite jeeps" issue once in the entire game, and it went away in the next play session. I've played almost 60 hours now. The most recent spawning quirk I've noticed is that after stealing two Coil Voltics, and storing them in Michael's garage, I've noticed more and more Voltics spawning within the city. They look cool though, unlike jeeps, so it's not a big deal! :)

I also cycle a lot with Michael, because I loooooove the bicycles in the game, so that might also possibly influence the game's spawning system in the memory allocation?

Omni

My problem with the driving physics in this game is that everything feels the same.

Motorcycles are the worst offenders. They have no weight, can turn sharp corners at top speed and overall you can't differentiate between the different models. Hell, I'm pretty sure they all have the same sound too. On the car side, you have off-road vehicles, super cars, trucks and casual four door whatevers. Each "class" of vehicle may have a distinctive feel to them, but within those categories, IMO you'd be struggling to find a difference.

The result is that driving is just dull. Physics make it seem like I'm playing a pre-Vice City game... Except that it's even more forgiving. Roll your vehicle over? (Which is nigh impossible anyway do to the oversimplified nature of driving) you can just roll it back over magically with a press of a button. There's no challenge and there's no consequence.

I feel as if R* would have been better off expanding upon GTA IVs physics to make them fun, not just seemingly scrapping them completely in favour of what we got.

Maybe it's just where you're spending most of your time, I've found the lost usually hang out around Trevor's trailer park area the desert kinda towns. I've seen em plenty of times.

I really like the vehicle selection in this game, far better than the old find a nice car and see it all over deal.

I'm in the section of the game where the missions are out in Trevor Country a lot, and I'm still seeing the same jeeps as I would on the freeways. Even the "area exclusive" vehicles like the dune buggy or that other buggy vehicle, whatever it's called (the one by the airstrip) haven't been spawning nearly as much.

I wonder if it's related to the sort of vehicle the player more commonly uses. I've only run into the "infinite jeeps" issue once in the entire game, and it went away in the next play session. I've played almost 60 hours now. The most recent spawning quirk I've noticed is that after stealing two Coil Voltics, and storing them in Michael's garage, I've noticed more and more Voltics spawning within the city. They look cool though, unlike jeeps, so it's not a big deal! :)

I also cycle a lot with Michael, because I loooooove the bicycles in the game, so that might also possibly influence the game's spawning system in the memory allocation?

Well that's a viscous cycle because if all the game is spawning is jeeps, all I can drive are jeeps and any relating vehicle in the Truck genus. On top of Trevor's default being a pick-up.

I miss cars mayne :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Where do you buy regular glasses for Michael?

Surburban, next to the tills nearest on the side nearest to the entrance. Discount/Binco, right next to the till as you walk in or along the wall at the back if you turn left as you walk in the door. Ammunation, right next to the door where you walk in on the left. Those are the three places that I know of that sell glasses, each character has different ones too or similar ones but in different colours.

I'm not really quite sure but what is the point of Binco when as far as I know it is exactly the same as the Discount stores.

TTG

Which option is more fun for "the big one"?
I kind of feel like stealing a train.
Just tell me this seemingly innocuous decision doesn't ripple out to end game story stuff. I don't want to find out there's some morality stuff tied to the loud approach.

Really wish they offered a closed version of Max Payne's shirt from the favelas in Brasil.

Surburban, Discount/Binco and Ammunation are the three places you can buy glasses. I'm not really quite sure what the point of Binco is when as far as I know it is exactly the same as the Discount stores.
CHEEZMO™;83979975 said:
I found some at a discount store. I think they only become available after a certain point.
I think you can get them at Suburban stores. Also try some Ammunations. If the store carries glasses, it'll be near the entrance on the right as you exit.
Thanks, gents.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Gotta get dressed up for these bail bonds and rampages, it is Trevor, otherwise what's the point, lol.

Speaking of, I wish they would just let us put gloves on and other such accessories, to have Franklin with a watch and bracelet thing I have to put on a suit and then put on a shirt for them to appear.

Gaz_RB

Which option is more fun for "the big one"?
I kind of feel like stealing a train.
Just tell me this seemingly innocuous decision doesn't ripple out to end game story stuff. I don't want to find out there's some morality stuff tied to the loud approach.

Nope. Subtle is the BOMB though. Loved it. Super tense.

EVERYWHERE A JEEP JEEP
A lot of times I think I'll be hit with the SUV glitch because of all the damn jeeps/SUVs.

Courage

Finally finished the game, I loved the ending and I think this game is amazing overall. It's definitely better than GTA IV, and I hope we see more of these three characters, as they're the best Rockstar has created so far.

I don't know if this has been linked in the thread, yet, but my brother just sent me the link and I feel like you all need to see this:

Mount Chiliad Police Chase

The maddest skills.

Someone posted a gif of this earlier, but not the video.

The use of cinematic camera is brilliant. It's like the slow-motion during that 2 minute, 40 second take in Hard Boiled where the cameraman had to alter the recording speed while filming.

Man, these missions are pretty good. Just did "Predator" and I wish the section
in the forest with Franklin and Chop was longer. Hunting crazed hillbillies with a shotgun + taclight attachment and my DAWG dog in the dark
deserved more time.

And of course a few minutes after I complain about too many jeeps, I'm flooded with ATVs and Buggys now, which I haven't seen in forever. Oh GTAV, y u so crazy?

duckroll

You need a guide really. Any other way is ridiculous.

That's really not true. You just need to look at the road formation, not anything else, and match it up with the map. It's really not that hard for those who actually bother to explore the game world. I guess for people only interested in completing obvious objectives and following markers to the next point, it might be really hard. :p

antitrop

Someone posted a gif of this earlier, but not the video.

The use of cinematic camera is brilliant. It's like the slow-motion during that 2 minute, 40 second take in Hard Boiled where the cameraman had to alter the recording speed while filming.
Good name-drop, Hard Boiled is my favorite action movie of all time. I could be wrong, but I think John Woo himself filmed that scene.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
That's really not true. You just need to look at the road formation, not anything else, and match it up with the map. It's really not that hard for those who actually bother to explore the game world. I guess for people only interested in completing obvious objectives and following markers to the next point, it might be really hard. :p

Road formation?

duckroll

http://i-forbin.tumblr.com/post/61770314758/gta-v

Think this guys just mad hes not still a core team member. I thought the torture scene was tonally completely over the top and therefore fine. Besides, does a movie that features a torture scene give you an option to do something else? Do all video games have to have nothing morally wrong in them or something?

I don't think there's any reason to think that someone who used to work on the series is simply mad that he's not still working on them. That's a really silly and childish way to rationalize why you don't like someone's opinion.

I actually agree with a lot of what he says, but in the end, I feel that the mistake of his rant is that he makes a statement of boycott based on incomplete information that he watched out of context.

That means he's not outraged because he bought the game, played it, and ran into something that ruined his enjoyment. Instead his primary interest there was to see what the controversy was all about in the first place. The problem there is that, while he might find it objectionable, if he never really had any interest in buying or playing the game, it's kinda silly for him to try and tell people who do that they shouldn't.

Top Bottom