• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

are cars fixed up yet? I've been putting off putting money into doing up cars due to hearing people say they lose them but not sure what's going on with it... what are some ways to make sure you don't lose them?

Shoudl I soup up the car that is the 'default' one that is at the house? will that mean it always appears outside my house with those mods on it?

Or do I save it in one of the specific garages (Not the safehouse, the proper one?)

They don't explain it at all :( what are the conditions for going to the impound as well?

duckroll

are cars fixed up yet? I've been putting off putting money into doing up cars due to hearing people say they lose them but not sure what's going on with it... what are some ways to make sure you don't lose them?

If you boot the game up and you don't see a patch, the answer should be obvious. They can't just magically fix it without patching the game. :)

DukeBobby

I think The Killer has a better story than Hard Boiled, but slightly weaker action, overall.

Both are two of the finest action movies, ever. Woo + Yun Fat = Greatness.

A Better Tomorrow is great too, although I didn't like the sequel all that much.

It's a shame he wasn't given the same amount of creative freedom when directing his American films. Face Off was great though, and Hard Target was also pretty decent. Paycheck and Mission Impossible 2 were awful, however.

antitrop

A Better Tomorrow is great too, although I didn't like the sequel all that much.

It's a shame he wasn't given the same amount of creative freedom when directing his American films. Face Off was great though, and Hard Target was also pretty decent. Paycheck and Mission Impossible 2 were awful, however.

#TeamFaceOff

Good name-drop, Hard Boiled is my favorite action movie of all time. I could be wrong, but I think John Woo himself filmed that scene.

If I make a custom mission for GTAO, it'll take place one of the in-game hospitals, if they're available. I know there's a hospital interior in one of the stranger missions.

Derrick01

Banned
So does anyone know if that one real estate website opens up again? I saw a bunch of houses available to buy at the start of the game when I had no money but after the first heist when I had a bunch of money the site says it's down for maintenance and it hasn't come back up since.

WTF at the mess a random hitchhiker just got me in.

So i pick up this lady as Trevor who asks me to go meet her boyfriend at the Vinewood sign, but halfway up the Vinewood Hills, the guy calls her and starts freaking out because he thinks Trevor is some other guy named Brian. All of a sudden 2 cars with 2 guys each come flying down the hill at me so I reverse 180 the hell out of there because shooting from a car is jank and I figure I can lose these guys on the hills..........NOPE.

One of them fishtails me and my truck goes flipping onto the freeway where 2 more cars spawn in the oncoming lane. One of them clips me which sends me into the divider so I get out because NOW I'M MAD. Go into RAGE MODE, take out an AR and suddenly I'm surrounded by all 4 cars, the freeway is a MESS of traffic, the cops have gotten involved laying waste to everyone, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HITCHHIKER LADY. Long story short, there's WAY too much heat so I jump into one of the SUVs that a pedestrian abandoned and end up in a tiny walkway taking cover to lose my stars. The entire time these mooks are still rushing me from 2 angles so I have to swap cover every once in a while to take them out with silenced pistol so the police don't get involved again.

Eventually after killing maybe 20 guys and realizing they won't stop, I ran back into the street causing another panic and drove all the way out to the desert before they left me alone.

Moral of the story: Don't pick anyone up unless you're ready for war. You don't know what might happen.

jett

D-Member

So i pick up this lady as Trevor who asks me to go meet her boyfriend at the Vinewood sign, but halfway up the Vinewood Hills, the guy calls her and starts freaking out because he thinks Trevor is some other guy named Brian. All of a sudden 2 cars with 2 guys each come flying down the hill at me so I reverse 180 the hell out of there because shooting from a car is jank and I figure I can lose these guys on the hills..........NOPE.

One of them fishtails me and my truck goes flipping onto the freeway where 2 more cars spawn in the oncoming lane. One of them clips me which sends me into the divider so I get out because NOW I'M MAD. Go into RAGE MODE, take out an AR and suddenly I'm surrounded by all 4 cars, the freeway is a MESS of traffic, the cops have gotten involved laying waste to everyone, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HITCHHIKER LADY. Long story short, there's WAY too much heat so I jump into one of the SUVs that a pedestrian abandoned and end up in a tiny walkway taking cover to lose my stars. The entire time these mooks are still rushing me from 2 angles so I have to swap cover every once in a while to take them out with silenced pistol so the police don't get involved again.

Eventually after killing maybe 20 guys and realizing they won't stop, I ran back into the street causing another panic and drove all the way out to the desert before they left me alone.

Moral of the story: Don't pick anyone up unless you're ready for war. You don't know what might happen.

Sounds like a glitch of sorts. I've come across the same hitchhiker.
You end up meeting her boyfriend, he also thinks you're Brian and decides he wants to beat you up. Doesn't end well for him. And in my case, doesn't end well for her either. :p

duckroll

Hahahaha, that was the BEST variation of this random encounter story I've read so far. But the real moral of the story is really just that if you're Trevor you should send everyone you pick up into the mountains for the cultists. Less trouble! :)

Hip Hop

Well, got 49 out 50 Under the Bridge Done, I don't like collecting things in video games and after this I realized why. Complete waste of time as no progress was made. Going to have to go through each one of them again as I have no clue what I missed. So far for my first try ever of going 100 percent achievements, it's not going so well.

Gaz_RB

So does anyone know if that one real estate website opens up again? I saw a bunch of houses available to buy at the start of the game when I had no money but after the first heist when I had a bunch of money the site says it's down for maintenance and it hasn't come back up since.
You can't buy any of those, it's related to a side quest :/

Sounds like a glitch of sorts. I've come across the same hitchhiker.
You end up meeting her boyfriend, he also thinks you're Brian and decides he wants to beat you up. Doesn't end well for him. And in my case, doesn't end well for her either. :p

IDK if it was a glitch, but it made for an incredible scene on the highway. Every car was swerving, or stopped and abandoned, or speeding on the dirt offroad to get through.

One more detail I forgot to mention: I got hit BY A BUS during all this while in RAGE MODE, and that's probably the only reason I survived. The cops almost Busted me when that happened, but I got to run, and headshot one more enemy which pushed me up to 2 stars. It was crazy nonsense.

Hahahaha, that was the BEST variation of this random encounter story I've read so far. But the real moral of the story is really just that if you're Trevor you should send everyone you pick up into the mountains for the cultists. Less trouble! :)

I already finished that sub-quest, and
can no longer drop people up there because reasons. Violent reasons.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I kind of wish there was some truck delivering mini game like taxi driving people. I stole a truck, drove down the road and came towards the Clucking Bell factory with a trailer not attached to anything, so reversed into it and picked it up, just a shame I have nothing to do with it. They have all these vehicles that do stuff and things around this map that bring a little more life to the world but don't let you do anything with them.

MattDoza

That all sounds awesome. It's a fucked up situation, but one I'd gladly get messy in. Exactly the kind of crazy stuff I want to get into with these random encounters. I actually had that end badly for me, when I did it with Michael. Later beat it with Frank.
Her boyfriend came with just one car and a friend, I pulled into a gas station just down the hills and got out to start shooting, well I was blocking the parking lot exit and got pinned in between my car and the SUV that panicked and ran into me. I died almost instantly. I would have drove her straight to the cult if I were with Trevor.

QP3

I am sure this has been posted before, but seeing a computer car crash (just randomly, not from mission or chase) is really awesome. Cool to know that they are not just on tracks.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Aw, so apparently commercial trucks can't be customised. There goes my dreams of having an Optimus Prime truck. :(

Hah, I just did the same thing which is why I mentioned picking up a trailer a couple posts ago, saw one of the flat face trucks and hoped I could go all Optimus Red and Blue. Sadly not so I stole a trailer, drove into the ocean instead.

That all sounds awesome. It's a fucked up situation, but one I'd gladly get messy in. Exactly the kind of crazy stuff I want to get into with these random encounters. I actually had that end badly for me, when I did it with Michael. Later beat it with Frank.

Her boyfriend came with just one car and a friend, I pulled into a gas station just down the hills and got out to start shooting, well I was blocking the parking lot exit and got pinned in between my car and the SUV that panicked and ran into me. I died almost instantly. I would have drove her straight to the cult if I were with Trevor.

That's hilarious and maddening because I've been killed like that and know that feel. Moments like these are exactly why I wish the characters could take more damage. So many potentially crazy scenarios are cut short because or how quickly you can be killed.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hah, I just did the same thing which is why I mentioned picking up a trailer a couple posts ago, saw one of the flat face trucks and hoped I could go all Optimus Red and Blue. Sadly not so I stole a trailer, drove into the ocean instead.

It would have gone great with my Ironhide Sandking XL and Wreck-Gar Vader. :(

Megasoum

Banned
Wait a sec...I think I missed something...

End game spoiler

So I'm at the point where I have to choose between a,b and c... When the dude tells Frank that he wants him to kill Michael, Frank says the feds already wants him to kill Trevor... When did that happen? Did I miss a cinematic somehwere? First I hear about that.

Navigating the sub to find the toxic barrels is fucking unbearable. The sonar gps makes no god damn sense either. Sub controls like shit. The barrels are so small I can barely see them. I do not want to do this at all.

Pyccko

Whoa. I just found a
giant underground construction/sewer/infrastructure complex
(not story related spoiler, as far as I know)
It was massive, lots of branching paths. Had some body armor and an assault shotgun in one atrium type place.

dzPNT5s.jpg

Entered at 1, in the tunnel bit on the freeway, exited at 2, through a spillway. The detail in this game is astounding.

DukeBobby

Navigating the sub to find the toxic barrels is fucking unbearable. The sonar gps makes no god damn sense either. Sub controls like shit. The barrels are so small I can barely see them. I do not want to do this at all.

Don't do it then. Other than an achievement/trophy, there's no reward for doing it.

It's not even required for 100% completion.

Nori Chan

End game spoiler

So I'm at the point where I have to choose between a,b and c... When the dude tells Frank that he wants him to kill Michael, Frank says the feds already wants him to kill Trevor... When did that happen? Did I miss a cinematic somehwere? First I hear about that.

Right after you saved Lamar the FIB guys come to you to talk about killing trevor cause Michael won't be able to do it.

MattDoza

End game spoiler

He was approached right after you drop of Lamar on "Lamar Down." They grab Frank just as he walks away from he and Lamar going back and forth.

Don't do it then. Other than an achievement/trophy, there's no reward for doing it.

It's not even required for 100% completion.
But my ocd :(

And I'm getting used to the sonar finally but friggen confusing at first. Crazy how low you can sink. You actually get so low there is a warning that your sub can get crushed if you go lower.

kai3345

Banned
At first I thought he was insane. Then I thought he was misunderstood. Then I thought maybe he just needed a hug.

But the more I play I'm beginning to think maybe he's just insane.

im just bummed that he curbstomped Johnny, he was my favorite character in GTA IV

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
KIFFLOM

That shit took awhile.

Hahaha, this happened to me THREE TIMES. I had no idea how to finish that mission for awhile.

She gets spooked by the vans and will bail out of your vehicle. They aren't a part of the mission at all, those are hitmen keeping trevor/michael out of the city because of the wife thing. So those fuckers kept messing it up, I thought it was Brian sending dudes but he isn't.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I have C4, a machine gun with over 8,000 bullets at all times

Hoorah! My roads have variety again. Not sure if it's temporary or not. I played TLOU for a bit then hopped back onto GTA V to find all types of regular cars, sports cars, bikes, and some SUVs. I'm sure it'll revert back to jeeps or whatever vehicle the game decides to overdose me on later.

Also, I remembered something funny. I parked my car in front of the clothing store and stepped out to answer a call from Tracey as Michael. I'm talking on the phone and window shopping then hear an engine rev up behind me. I turn around to see some guy jack my car in broad daylight. I couldn't do anything because I didn't want to hang up on Tracey so as she's bitching, some guy is just driving away with Michael's car.

Haha, that's amazing. Wish stuff like that would happen to me.

I downloaded the IFruit app and got my custom plate, custom cars, taught Chop a new trick and got a gold collar because I got a gold medal for each
shitty
mini-game.

So, my question is this: If I delete the app will my unlocked goodies from GTA V disappear or will they stay? I need to clear up some room on my mum’s iPad for her....

Whoa. I just found a (not story related spoiler, as far as I know)
It was massive, lots of branching paths. Had some body armor and an assault shotgun in one atrium type place.

Entered at 1, in the tunnel bit on the freeway, exited at 2, through a spillway. The detail in this game is astounding.
Part of that is used in a mission, but yeah, lots of detail and a nice hiding spot for that great shotgun. I wonder where the other advanced weapons are hidden.

Edit: Just in case someone finds this a spoiler there's a part of the story half-way through
where you can't enter the city and the game gives you a warning if you do, that's probably why you were attacked (happened to me as well)

Hahaha, this happened to me THREE TIMES. I had no idea how to finish that mission for awhile.

She gets spooked by the vans and will bail out of your vehicle. They aren't a part of the mission at all, those are hitmen keeping trevor/michael out of the city because of the wife thing. So those fuckers kept messing it up, I thought it was Brian sending dudes but he isn't.

There's a part of the story where you can't enter the city and the game gives you a warning if you do, that's probably why you were attacked (happened to me as well)

lmao are you serious? Kraffdamn, that makes so much more sense. They were ruthless and being thrown at me like they were shot from a tank. Now I know better.

MYeager

It's almost a shame hanging out isn't a little mandatory, there are some great little conversations that make me curious what I missed by not doing some pre-ending. Only Rockstar can afford so much additional recorded dialogue the most may never hear.

Top Bottom