• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
lmao are you serious? Kraffdamn, that makes so much more sense. They were ruthless and being thrown at me like they were shot from a tank. Now I know better.

Yeah. I didn't get a notification for it until I actually buckled down and went a lot farther into the city and realized why that happened. I ran over the girl each time blaming her too, haha.

Ultimadrago

Sooo Beverly,
I kind of killed him with my bare fists, ran over his body with a vehicle and placed sticky bombs on it to make him a flaming ball of bones and skin.

I am pleased with my choice, but is there
anything different in letting him live
or does the mission simply complete itself as usual?

Papercuts

Sooo Beverly,
I kind of killed him with my bare fists, ran over his body with a vehicle and placed sticky bombs on it to make him a flaming ball of bones and skin.

I am pleased with my choice, but is there
anything different in letting him live
or does the mission simply complete itself as usual?

Pretty sure it completes like normal, you just don't get the money.

Loxley

I decided to keep that bitchin' Mariachi car from that border patrol stranger mission, think it'll be my primary form of transport for Trevor from now, it's too perfect.

lmao are you serious? Kraffdamn, that makes so much more sense. They were ruthless and being thrown at me like they were shot from a tank. Now I know better.

They're good for rampages though. Coupled with owning the car scrapyard, you can make some decent coin if you hideout near the impound lot. Çops fight them and all their cars group up in one place.

Derrick01

Banned
So I collected the 50 scraps of paper annnnnd....nothing happened. It counted on my miscellaneous section for 100% but I didn't get the trophy. I'm assuming something will happen later on?

Papercuts

So I collected the 50 scraps of paper annnnnd....nothing happened. It counted on my miscellaneous section for 100% but I didn't get the trophy. I'm assuming something will happen later on?

There's a strangers and freaks for it. Not sure when it shows up.

Derrick01

Banned
Yep, a mission with franklin

edit: or trevor, i don't remember

There's a strangers and freaks for it. Not sure when it shows up.

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to hear. I thought something would happen sooner or later but I wanted to make sure I didn't encounter a trophy glitch.

While on the topic of collectibles I only need 3 more ship parts but there's 1 under a bridge on a support that's borderline impossible to get to with a heli or parachuting. It takes some skills with either to get in there, skills I don't have. I'm a master with ground vehicles not air stuff :(

Hip Hop

I'm an idiot, completely missed a bridge location.

The search for 100 percent continues. This will be my first 1000 achievement game.

Megasoum

Banned
LOL...last mission spoiler...

When I got to Stretch with Michael I got out of my car 50ft away from the group where he's standing and shot one single grenade right in the center of the circle with the grenade launcher.

Nice little synchronized ragdoll.

They mentioned they're going to fix the garage glitch, but are they also going to make it so that stored cars are saved permanently like with aircraft and boats? Because atm, there's no point in customizing any cars other than the each guy's default vehicles because you have to babysit them in case you lose them or they get destroyed.

neoism

So did RS ever say if they would let us CHANGE the fucking main car to anything we where in the patch or something fucking shit Franklin's and Trevor's reset Micheal's thankfully hasn't yet.... this shit is sooooo disappointing... :/

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to hear. I thought something would happen sooner or later but I wanted to make sure I didn't encounter a trophy glitch.

While on the topic of collectibles I only need 3 more ship parts but there's 1 under a bridge on a support that's borderline impossible to get to with a heli or parachuting. It takes some skills with either to get in there, skills I don't have. I'm a master with ground vehicles not air stuff :(

If you're talking about the part I think you are, you need to move the helicopter slightly north of the part's position, and bail out onto the support there, as there's more room for you to land.

Does anyone know if there have been any copyright claims on YouTube videos of GTA V because of the songs on the radio that limit regional viewing, cause copyright strikes, or prevent monetization?

skynidas

Banned

THAT SPACESHIP PART IS SUPER ANNOYING. I would reccomend you to get it with the Buzzard helicopter, here's a video that tells you where it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fdE2wxVH84

I'm not very far into the game, but I think I'm learning the map fairly quickly.

rqEblkE.jpg

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
what technology did R* use for the water? It looks like real life. I'm amazed by the water.

abundant

Just experienced my first big glitch. The Epsilon Mission "Chasing the Truth" won't show up. After I deliver all five cars, that's it, nothing else happens. It's a known bug so hopefully R* can fix it.

Derrick01

Banned
If you're talking about the part I think you are, you need to move the helicopter slightly north of the part's position, and bail out onto the support there, as there's more room for you to land.

Yeah that's what I was trying to do a few minutes ago but I kinda bounced my head off of it lol. I did have a parachute on and landed safely but the shitty thing about screwing up there is if I do I have to hike it all the way back to Trevor's helipad to get another heli.

DukeBobby

Yeah that's what I was trying to do a few minutes ago but I kinda bounced my head off of it lol. I did have a parachute on and landed safely but the shitty thing about screwing up there is if I do I have to hike it all the way back to Trevor's helipad to get another heli.

It took me 5 attempts to get that part. So fucking annoying.

Dinokill

I never learned the map in Saints Row the Third. I always got lost if I tried no to look at the map to go to a certain destination. With GTAV( and IV, SA, VC, III) I can fairly move from place to place without looking at the map.

Random pic
0_0.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
Just finished about 10 or so more missions today. I still have no idea how far into this game I am, but I am enjoying it a lot.

Just quick save.

Megasoum

Banned
The google map of the game is amazing but I wish there was a way to manually remove stuff as I find it ingame. I know the social club map does it for you but it doesn't have everything.

Pyccko

So I just got my ammunation discount from the shooting range. Does it discount for all the characters or just the one you did the medals with?

At first I thought he was insane. Then I thought he was misunderstood. Then I thought maybe he just needed a hug.

But the more I play I'm beginning to think maybe he's just insane.

He is both but needs a hug (from somebody he loves enough to not to kill). He is a scary asshole, but it also a pretty pitiable man.

Also, funny enough, I think the three protagonists have pretty deep abandonment issues.

Lima

So I just got my ammunation discount from the shooting range. Does it discount for all the characters or just the one you did the medals with?

Just the one. Have to complete it with all characters to get the discount for all of them.

If you die there you should respawn in Paleto bay, there is a parachuting mission just to the north where you can steal a chopper.

Megasoum

Banned
My thoughts after finishing the game...

Not really spoiler but just to be safe

Well first of all, all the obvious positive stuff. Best in the franchise imo, amazing game and certainly one of the best of the generation.

Now for the smaller nitpicking stuff.

For as much as they talked about the underwater in the PR campaign, the only time I went there was twice very short stints in the submarine and one scuba mission during the heist.

Like many other people have said, large chunks of the map not used at all. This is both a positive and negative IMO. I would have loved to see more missions but at the same time it makes the world more realistic that you don't use it 100%. Also, I was seeing new roads and new vistas all the way to the very last missions which is fucking amazing.
For example, I'm watching the credits right now....had NO idea that there's an airplane graveyard lol.

The radio stations overall really sucked. The only one I kinda liked was Rock and even that one was just all right. They haven't done a good soundtrack since San Andreas.
The new original score bad ass tho.

Top Bottom