• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Anyone have a PS3 that's experiencing pausing? I'll be driving and the screen will sometimes pause for like 10 seconds.

Is your PSN connection stable? This happened to me when my PSN signed out due to a brief error and when I signed back in the game reconnected to the Social Club network.

How often is it happening?

Ferrio

Banned
Is your PSN connection stable? This happened to me when my PSN signed out due to a brief error and when I signed back in the game reconnected to the Social Club network.

How often is it happening?

It's stable. Not too often... 5 times during my whole playthrough? I'm guessing my PS3 might be showing signs of it's age.

Also... holy shit that Molly mission. Also.... can you hijack blimps?

Siegmeyer

A snap of LS at night from the blimp.

0_0.jpg

Not that interesting by itself, but here's where I took it from

0_0.jpg

Wanted to see if you can land a heli on a blimp - you can! But it slid off pretty quickly after I got out, leaving just a chuteless Trevor and his camera.

Edit - Got a picture from the tail wing too

0_0.jpg

Ambitious

I was flying over the city and called Amanda to meet up with her. I jumped out of the plane and got one star while I was parachuting, maybe because of the plane crash. I landed not far from her and hid from the cops. For some reason, according to the minimap all of the cops were in her vicinity and I heard shooting. At some point, her map icon disappeared. When the star was gone, I went to have a look and only found her corpse. Shot dead. What the hell? :lol

Anyway, there seems to be another phantom mission, this time for Michael. Someone I have to call?

edit: Got it. Getaway vehicle.

spekkeh

Banned
So I'm doing my first Lester mission and now of course I want to invest in Beta Farmaceuticals, only.. It's on Bawsaq, and Bawsaq has NEVER been online for me... Do you need Xbox Live Gold or some shit for this part of the game?

Ferrio

Banned
So I'm doing my first Lester mission and now of course I want to invest in Beta Farmaceuticals, only.. It's on Bawsaq, and Bawsaq has NEVER been online for me... Do you need Xbox Live Gold or some shit for this part of the game?

Can't say for Xbox, but for PS3 you need to be signed in to PSN.

It's stable. Not too often... 5 times during my whole playthrough? I'm guessing my PS3 might be showing signs of it's age.

Also... holy shit that Molly mission. Also.... can you hijack blimps?

I'm getting pausing too today. It happened on both my wired and wireless connections on my normally pretty fast Internet. My PS3 is a slim only about 2 years old too so I'm guessing it has to be something with the connection to PSN.

Prior to today I've had about 30 hours no issues at all.

level44

So for some reason every time i get a taxi and skip the trip, I get out and have one star.

This is after completing the game.

Anyone else have this?

Ein Bear

Anyone have a PS3 that's experiencing pausing? I'll be driving and the screen will sometimes pause for like 10 seconds.

I get this semi-frequently too. Figured it was just loading hitches or something, as it usually happens when I'm driving especially fast, or during a cutscene.

Really nearing the end now, but for some reason Michael's poor as shit. I have no way of making money with him, whereas Franklin and especially Trevor are swimming in it.

So for some reason every time i get a taxi and skip the trip, I get out and have one star.

Anyone else have this?

Do you not have any money(ie spent it or invested in stocks)? If so you'll get a wanted rating for not paying the taxi fee.

jett

D-Member
I don't know how you people endure using that piece of shit sub. Its forced use in one mission was good enough for me.

I wish there were more assassination missions. Like a ton more. The two that I have done so far were a lot of fun.

Anyone else have this?

Dont exit the taxi by pressing Y. Your character bails out if you do that without paying the cab driver. So the cops get on you. Exit by pressing whatever button thats shown on the Cab Ride display. I think its B on the 360 IIRC.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't have any problems at all with the story missions not giving much money outside of the heists and some special stuff. I feel it fits with the theme of the story really, really well. Most of the story in GTA5 is about people dealing with their personal problems. When the missions are actually about getting rich, the payoff is big and that makes it more consistent with the risk the characters take for the money. Otherwise, the only times they risk their lives is when there's something they actually care about at stake - their own lives, their freedom, the lives of their friends and family, their passions, etc. It's a great narrative.

But what I do have a serious problem with, is the way properties are handled in the game. The stock market is fantastic. It works the way its supposed to, and there's a high risk when playing with the system outside of the scripted stock movements due to missions. On the other hand, the property management in the game is nonsense. It's poorly designed and balanced, and feels like the weakest link in the game's optional content.

The price you pay for most of the properties don't match up with the returns, and even worse, there's no way to influence the returns or get a refund. You can't sell properties back, you're stuck with them. You can't do optional stuff to improve the returns of the property, even though that makes sense and would have added depth to the game system. If you buy a cinema or a bar, why aren't there missions which you can do to improve the popularity of those businesses? Why can't you invest further into the business by paying for upgrades, marketing, or renovations?

Instead all you get are crappy ass missions from time to time which only serve to punish you if you don't do them by reducing your already low earnings. It's really awful. First you pay lots of money for something that doesn't get you much in the way of returns. Then you have to do garbage filler missions which add zero benefit to your returns. And if you fail those missions or don't want to do them, you end up making even LESS money that week.

Aside from the properties which do give you huge benefits like the Nuclear Waste Disposal Facility and Los Santos Customs, it's actually a bad idea to buy any of the properties in the game. You get no simulation enjoyment out of it, you lose money, and there isn't even good gameplay unlocked. Truly a terrible system which was rushed in at the last moment. Disappointing.

With regards to there being a lack of ways to make good money, I think I agree too. They should really have considered having more sports tournaments too, which are challenging but offer good rewards for those who want to take part in them. A golf tournament, a tennis tournament, doing daredevil stunts for a TV show, etc. The gameplay systems are already there, might as well make use of them right?

I think this is really true and we should do well to remember back when the first preview for GTA V was released. I recall Rockstar confirming back then that you wouldn't be able to purchase properties. There was a negative response to this news and obviously eventually they did add in purchasable properties. I does seem to me like this feature wasn't originally intented and they did just throw purchasable properties in there for the hell of it. They didn't even take the time to think about what values the properties should be relative to the income you recieve.

I think for the next game that buying propeties should be something they put effort in to balancing. Building an empire and making money from your businesses is a very satisfying thing. Just look at Vice City Stories. Now that game did property buying right.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
A snap of LS at night from the blimp.

0_0.jpg

Not that interesting by itself, but here's where I took it from

0_0.jpg

Wanted to see if you can land a heli on a blimp - you can! But it slid off pretty quickly after I got out, leaving just a chuteless Trevor and his camera.

Edit - Got a picture from the tail wing too

0_0.jpg

BLIMP JOUSTING CONFIRMED!

Okay, waaaay too many posts to catch up on.

For me it kinda felt like
Franklin was the smack in the face that that age of OG shit is dead, that gangs fall apart quick and even empires like CJ's can crumble with one fuckup (eg. the Lost & Damned boys getting torn to shreds by Trevor just because he was in a shit mood lol).

Playing as Franklin felt like a wake for that old San Andreas game, complete with accompanying 90's West Coast rap soundtrack (that I played 100% of the time as Franklin). He knows the world has gone by the old OG's and is trying to find a direction in life, someway to properly get rich.

After all the GTA4 references though it was indeed sad they couldn't bring some from the GTA3 trilogy, hopefully we see some DLC with them!

The only thing we'll see with the GTA III universe is in character creation for our character's "parents". Different universe, the we saw in game models from the last gen games don't exist in this universe.

Yeah I sort of thought this was the case, but I mean
Having Grove Street, having the Ballas, having Love Fist, I know they are all ancillary things but they could easily bring that degree of cross over. Not that I am saying they want to of course

This actually hits the nail on the head,
it sucks because I LOVED the vibe that came with that stuff in San Andreas and its weird to see how far things have moved on from that stuff. I guess Rockstar are more progressive than me!

That said if CJ's empire did crumble, it would have been really interesting to see why, even in passing comments. "them grove street boys really fell off once the guy in charge left" from a random pedestrian would have been good enough for me!

CJ didn't exist so there's no empire, CJ, Sweet or the other GSF crew we saw didn't exist. So Grove Street didn't have that rise from the ashes or whatever that was presented in GTA:SA. Ballas took over Grove Street because none of those characters were around to stop it.

Donald Love has a star on the Vinewood thingo. That's some sort of link to last-gen.

Just an Easter Egg...

Speaking off cross-game references (someone should compile a list, lol), Michael mentions that his first ever bank job was in Carcer City. It's the place the first Manhunt is set.

Carcer City is a place in the GTA universe though, has been since GTA III.

Anyone else having trouble deciding who to buy certain properties with?

It's weird, but I can't decide who to buy the sonar collections dock with.

I bought the Sonar Dock with Trevor since it used the sub and Trevor had the sub, just made sense to me. I do wish we could change ownership of properties, for some reason I bought the Hen House with Franklin and after a good amount of time I realized I should've saved that for Trevor given the location.

duckroll

How do I delete pictures from snapmatic?

It's pretty contrived. You have to go into the pause menu in the game, look under "Gallery", and wait (and hope) for the images to load. When they do you should be able to highlight the ones you want to delete. This is also the only way you can rename the titles for images. I really can't believe they don't have a way to manage stuff like that in the Social Club page itself.

red731

It's pretty contrived. You have to go into the pause menu in the game, look under "Gallery", and wait (and hope) for the images to load. When they do you should be able to highlight the ones you want to delete. This is also the only way you can rename the titles for images. I really can't believe they don't have a way to manage stuff like that in the Social Club page itself.

Yeah. I was there before, but couldn't see the triangle to delete. There was only edit title earlier - now, there is even delete. Thank you.

When they have your account linked with the game, they should made renaming and deleting possible via SC.
I somehow know that they will do that down the road, when they will fix all the kinks they have now.

spekkeh

Banned
So I'm doing a Beverly mission and need to take a picture of a celeb, only it won't load snapmatic because their server is down and now I fail the mission. WHAT THE FUCK ROCKSHIT

Edit: I yanked out my wifi. That seemed to do the trick. Man I fear this always online future.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey so who wants to tell me the magic game genie code that the other AI in triathalons get where they get magical turbo boosters that do 3x my top speed?

My stamina stopped depleting while I was doing the swimming part. The A.I. somehow managed to have triple my biking speed, but most of them collapsed of exhaustion the moment they stepped off their bikes, giving me an easy victory lap.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what it is, but I crack up every time in this game when I hit a civilian with a running punch. I wish the police weren't so quick to respond, or I would do it ALL the time.

Alpende

Just finished it. Ending spoiler
Picked option C after checking what it did on the web, didn't want to kill any of the characters

Now to finish the remaining Lester missions and invest all dat money. I probably won't collect all collectibles before GTA:O though.

RS4-

Lol had a transition with Michael. He's outside the house with Jimmy on a bike... And a car spawning above their heads. So of course I die on the spot.

Terra_Ex

So, I've just been hit with the phone glitch and whenever I try to access the internet via the phone (the eyefind homepage auto-closes) the game's UI becomes invisible (no radar/health/unable to switch characters) and the phone buttons cease functioning. Trying to access the internet via a dedicated terminal causes a fatal crash and shuts down the console and sadly it seems all my save files are affected. What I want to know is, since Rockstar are taking their time with a patch, are there any remaining (storyline) missions that require me to use the net,
I've just finished the bank heist in Paleto Bay.

Top Bottom