• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

TheContact

5th heist spoilers

Using the top-tier recruits really helps. I picked the best driver and he was parked out front in an ambulance and just drove off without any problems lol

Trevor's default appearance should have been with a mustache. He looks so much better with one.

I like crazy Trevor the best
QgC7x8t.jpg

TTG

Have been tying up loose ends... switching back to Michael a bunch of times since the final mission has been a better emotional pay off than the ending.
Those family moments!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yep, doing the Lester missions and messing with the stock is really the best way to make enough money to afford everything and then have a billion left on each character considering how little you can get without using it otherwise, doesn't help none of the none of the paying properties are really worth it.

Whether we get Vice City or the other half of San Andreas next I hope they don't want us to rely on stocks so much next time to make money.

5th heist spoilers

Using the top-tier recruits really helps. I picked the best driver and he was parked out front in an ambulance and just drove off without any problems lol

I like crazy Trevor the best

Shame we can't dye their hair, would have loved playing the game as crazy Santa, lol.

skynidas

Banned
I swear on God achieving 100% (or even worse all the achievements/trophies) on this game without a guide is impossible.

Finding all the collectibles, stunt jumps, knife flights without a guide...yeah, it is almost impossible, you would be looking for months. It's not worth it, just a guide

rouken

does the children of the mountain have a side mission attached to them? because i'm losing money in the 4 step thing on their website

Goldrusher

Finished the story. What a ride! Bring on GTA Online.

Be sure to do all of the Stranger missions. Some very original stuff in there, and "The Last One" is amazing if you've played Undead Nightmare.*

* The Last One spoiler:
You have to find a Sasquatch, which turns out to be an Undead Nightmare cosplayer.

what counts as the second heist

the one where you sink the ship and use the sub or the one where you use the garbage truck to block the street and attack the armored car

Yawnier

Banned
what counts as the second heist

the one where you sink the ship and use the sub or the one where you use the garbage truck to block the street and attack the armored car

(spoiler tags just in case)
The former is considered the second heist, the latter is considered the third heist.

Yawnier

Banned
Each one gives you a trophy with a burglar mask on it, there's 6 "heists" in total:

1)
jewelry store
2)
Merryweather
3)
money truck
4)
Paleto Bay bank
5)
FIB
6)
Union Depository

I didn't even realize that that third one was even considered a heist until after I played it. Weird.

I almost feel afraid to hit pedestrians or cause any mayhem, because I don't want my bank account negatively affected by dying or getting busted when there isn't much to do to bring it back up.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Currently doing the long ass triathlon, is it normal to get passed while on the bike? Smashing X and still getting passed by at least 4 people. :(

Nvm, didn't realize you could smash X while holding down R1 to go faster.

Watching the credits run by. Great game. I had a bit of the final mission spoiled for me, (endgame spoilers)
I knew you hade to make a choice between Michael and Trevor. Didn't know you could choose to save them both, which was a nice surprise. Went with that, and have to say, the ending felt pretty satisfying, tying up those loose ends. Not a perfect story, but I enjoyed it.

Pooya

about the submarine parts
screw this, that felt like a huge waste of time, slap in the face, underwhelming is putting it lightly :( I was actually enjoying all the side activities so far, lost all interest to collect rest of stuff now

Most ridiculous indestructible object in the game:

Volleyball nets.

These beach ball nets, gotta be careful, you never know what is going to be made out of Adamantium in a GTA.

0_0.jpg

Yeah, it's ridiculous in this day and age that the nets are still solid walls and there's a lack of consistency with picnic style tables too..

So I'm doing a Beverly mission and need to take a picture of a celeb, only it won't load snapmatic because their server is down and now I fail the mission. WHAT THE FUCK ROCKSHIT

Edit: I yanked out my wifi. That seemed to do the trick. Man I fear this always online future.

Had this problem too last week, failed retried and paused while I looked around to see if others had the issue. Noticed Snapmatic was down also, some time went by and when I got back to the game it worked, then went and checked and saw SnapMatic was conveniently back up.

Watching end credits :D

Credits rolling right now. Guess that's gonna take a while.

Longest... Credits... Ever.

Derrick01

Banned
Haha this game keeps on giving. I was dropping yet another random encounter person off at the Altruist camp and
they took me as well as the girl and I had to kill all of them. Best news is that there's money littered all around their camp in briefcases, each one containing $25,000. I'm still looking but I've found $100k so far, all for doing almost nothing!

Falt

Is there a trick to "points of interest" on the map?

I had a bunch of 24/7's and liquor stores marked but when I loaded up today there was only one point of interest on the map (and I'm pretty sure it's not one of mine).

Goldrusher

Is there a trick to "points of interest" on the map?

I had a bunch of 24/7's and liquor stores marked but when I loaded up today there was only one point of interest on the map (and I'm pretty sure it's not one of mine).
You're probably not using the same character. When you mark something with Franklin, it won't be on Michael and Trevor's maps.

Andrew.

Banned
Haha this game keeps on giving. I was dropping yet another random encounter person off at the Altruist camp and
they took me as well as the girl and I had to kill all of them. Best news is that there's money littered all around their camp in briefcases, each one containing $25,000. I'm still looking but I've found $100k so far, all for doing almost nothing!

Did you survive getting outta there? I hear it gets pretty crazy if violence on either side comes into play.

Derrick01

Banned
Did you survive getting outta there? I hear it gets pretty crazy if violence on either side comes into play.

Yeah after the scene you start in cover behind a large rock so it's easy to activate Trevor's rage mode and take the closest ones out. After that I just sniped the people in the guard towers and the ones further back who couldn't hit me very easily.

Finished at 37 hours. Immediately started a new game since I only found late in the game that I could do stuff like hang out with Amanda.

Game is crack.

Linius

Yeah after the scene you start in cover behind a large rock so it's easy to activate Trevor's rage mode and take the closest ones out. After that I just sniped the people in the guard towers and the ones further back who couldn't hit me very easily.

I hope that happens to me too next time I drive up there.
I've been there with an hiker once and I couldn't get inside the camp. I decided to snipe one of the guards in the towers. Maybe like five or six camp people came outside but still couldn't get trough the main gate :(

So, twelve story missions left now. I just prepped a new heist. I'm going to fight fire.

I just found out that if you don't have XBL Gold you can't access any of the bonuses you get for linking your LIVE account to Social Club. Anyone have a 48 hour code I could bum?

Andrew.

Banned
The whole Blitz Play introductory scene along with stealing the getaway car is sorely lacking in the Replay Missions department.

Such a great, great moment when you have all three characters make the
hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil motions when they find out who they're dealing with

Maybe I imagined it, but has anyone noticed you can't buy/carryas much ammo with Franklin as you can with Trevor or Michael? I was able to buy over 2000 rounds for the assault rifle with Michael but was limited to just over 700 with Franklin.

Can each character only carry a certain amount of ammo? If so, can it be increased?

Andrew.

Banned
repost:

The whole Blitz Play introductory scene along with stealing the getaway car is sorely lacking in the Replay Missions department.

Such a great, great moment when you have all three characters
make the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil motions

Top Bottom