• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

i wouldn't actually mind doing gold on all missions except fuck time limits.

i like taking my time doing missions bro.

how long did it take y'all to land the bike on the
train
?

took me 4 jumps :(

stupid physics ;)

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm nearing the end [I think, I thought the same two days ago], but the whole FIB's
"O, one more thing..." for the 50th time and Michael/Trevor's childish bickering
is starting to piss me off.

Septimius

So, i want to "play" as a cop, now that i've finished the story. I used to do this a lot when i played GTA:SA.

I've got the (sort of spoilerish)
cop outfit from the highway patrol-thing from earlier on in the game, but i can't get rid of the helmet from the outfit!
It seems that Michael can't wear hats or anything of the sort, so i can't un-equip it...

And lastly: how the fuck do i repair a cop car? There's no "fix car code" in 5, right?

If you reload a quick-save game you've made while sitting in a car, that car will be repaired when you load.

I was doing the Stunman mission and noticed this,

0_0.jpg

That's just cruel R*

SJRB

Gold Member
That was actually my favourite heist in the game. I did the
fireman approach.

What platform are you playing? I just did this mission and I seriously thought my PS3 was about to die. Never seen it chug and stutter as much as during that part, it was insane.

Linius

That was actually my favourite heist in the game. I did the
fireman approach.

I did the same approach. But it was too easy imo. I mean, a heist like that should have been nearly impossible. On the other hand it's explainable since it all was planned very well. But still.

Oh well, eight missions to go. Not gonna make it in time for GTA Online, but I got close.

MormaPope

Banned
The Writing in GTA V is much more straight forward when compared to RDR or GTA IV. GTA V is a giant, 90's action movie 'epic' with interesting characters. A lot of people couldn't recognize or even create their own interpretation for what happens in GTA IV, most people mocked Niko instead of looking at him as if he was a real person with real issues.

The chemistry between the protagonists is unmatched as far character chemistry goes in the GTA franchise. The focus with dialog and writing was all placed the three protagonists and those they interact with. GTA V hilarity comes from character dialog.

If the people at Rockstar want to create nuanced and more balanced stories/writing styles for their games, they have other franchises that allow that or they can create a new franchise. GTA is their wild and imaginative baby, anything can happen in the GTA universe.

Guys, question, is there any harm in skipping the torture mission?

I don't want to play it because it makes me terribly uncomfortable, but if I skip it do I miss out much on the story or miss any achievements?

Anybody else besides me going for 1000 Achievement score/Platinum Trophy?

I got the 50 bridges/15 Knife flights done, pretty fun. The 30 nuclear wastes done. So far at 32 of spaceship parts done, which seems the most tedious to me so far. Not even the submarine made me feel like that.

no, i'm not good enough to obtain all Gold in all missions and then there are the online ones that will require being competent during online play

QP3

(No Spoilers)

So I was just playing as Trevor. I stole a bright red convertible and was driving LS just shooting the shit. Then I switch to Michael in order to continue the story.

As Michael, I started to drive to waypoint of next mission. On the way I see a red convertible, just like the one I was just in with Trevor. I slow to get a closer look, and none other than T steps out of the car. He starts mouthing of to "Towley" and they are arguing with each other. I walk up to T and get in his face, then steal his car and drive off.

I never thought that would be possible, haha, so cool.

Ensirius

2nd heist spoiler, I guess:
I believe they would be talking about the approach of the second heist that involves taking a sub out to the middle of nowhere to get the device? You steal the sub from merryweather IIRC and it just sounds like you read a tid bit that was misconstrued from soneone else who misconstrued something

It was actually a pic of a
huge military like sub. The guy captioned the photo saying "here it is. What Maywather was trying to hide.

I'm sure it's nothing but the
sub that is on the military base?
That still pisses me off because I was going to go discover all the details about that place when I finished the main story missions.

DukeBobby

What platform are you playing? I just did this mission and I seriously thought my PS3 was about to die. Never seen it chug and stutter as much as during that part, it was insane.

PS3.

Frame rate was a bit iffy, but not any worse than it was in other missions.

(No Spoilers)

So I was just playing as Trevor. I stole a bright red convertible and was driving LS just shooting the shit. Then I switch to Michael in order to continue the story.

As Michael, I started to drive to waypoint of next mission. On the way I see a red convertible, just like the one I was just in with Trevor. I slow to get a closer look, and none other than T steps out of the car. He starts mouthing of to "Towley" and they are arguing with each other. I walk up to T and get in his face, then steal his car and drive off.

I never thought that would be possible, haha, so cool.

this happened to me to during character switching then going to the same place where the other ones was.

Then I started following Trevor too and he got mad and punched me out

daviyoung

Banned
Why is every NPC a jittering, paranoid mess in this game? Stand near anyone too long and they'll either run away to call the police, pull a gun on you or attempt fisticuffs.

Why is every NPC a jittering, paranoid mess in this game? Stand near anyone too long and they'll either run away to call the police, pull a gun on you or attempt fisticuffs.
If you're in Franklin's part of town playing as F you run into a ton of nice people who greet with welcome. Until you drive down Grove Street, then you get shot.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So is there any way you can wear police uniforms off mission in this game? Or army uniforms? Those of you who remember Vice City can probably guess why I'm asking.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Check your outfits. I know that at least Michael and Trevor have those highway patrol outfits.

I was wondering if those outfits were unlocked after doing that mission but nothing came up to tell me. I shall check this at some point tomorrow. Then I will attempt to walk inside the military base. I look forward to finding out what happens.

jett

D-Member
It's a pity, since the great effort from the actors and all those involved with the production isn't matched by the juvenile writing. At some point the series needs to move past the Family Guy humor . . . but there's no incentive when it sells so well, and is received so favorably.

Man, GTA needs to stay where it is. Not everything needs to take itself seriously. There are so few games that even try to be funny and comedic.

Top Bottom