• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Goldrusher

Crap. I missed a stunt jump somewhere.

And who's the wise guy who put the RANDOM events on the Social Club map, but not the stunt jumps? :(

torontoml

Is there ANY way to skip the
torture section
? I skipped the mission as
Michael
and it skipped me straight to Trevor
torturing the guy.
I can't do this. It makes me too uncomfortable to play. I want to finish the games story but I've been at this for hours, I just cannot bring myself to do this. :/
You can shoot the guy after the first torture if you want, but you have to do at least one, the wrench is probably the least torture-ish. Guy to shoot is
red shirt guy with a beard top left floor.

Septimius

Oh, I wish!

Really. Wireless is no way to go for the fickleness of UDP gaming.

I don't know enough about the products. Does the new slim have .11N? Is this full .11N, which means there are more channels? That can be better to prevent interference. Do you have a .11N router at home, already?

You can shoot the guy after the first torture if you want, but you have to do at least one, the wrench is probably the least torture-ish. Guy to shoot is
red shirt guy with a beard top left floor.

He was bottom left for me...

And sometimes the wrench
smashes the guy's balls...

Sorian

Banned
Is there ANY way to skip the
torture section
? I skipped the mission as
Michael
and it skipped me straight to Trevor
torturing the guy.
I can't do this. It makes me too uncomfortable to play. I want to finish the games story but I've been at this for hours, I just cannot bring myself to do this. :/

Just use
water torture each time. It may psychologically be the worst but it isn't inflicting any visible harm and its a set of code, who cares about its psyche

rallaren

Can we share our cars?
again??
nJsfbmA.jpg
cUwRUQ2.jpg
a77Cv9w.jpg
DA4wyeE.jpg
mcMTRcl.jpg
I tried to get the Adder but screwed up and now it won't spawn.

Sorian

Banned
I remember not being able to select the same method twice during that mission. I'll have to go back and check.

I assumed you could since to gold the mission you have to choose diferent methods, I didn't think they were just handing out a gold. Could be wrong though, I didn't try since the mission wasn't a big deal and I wanted to see the different cutscenes.

dreamfall

A better hooker than most of the actual hookers, but sadly she's your daughter. :(

[Trevor Mission Spoiler]
I love how protective T is when he hears about her on Lazlow's show. His menacing psychopathic tendencies being put to good use- Michael's kids have interesting relationships with him!

TheDanger

Banned
I put 65 hours in this game already and there's still so much to do and GTA Online hasn't even launched yet. I think this is my favorite game of all time.

Revven

Bah, I fucked up and didn't make a save file before making the final decision. Now I have to replay the last 10 story missions on a save file from the other day. :( All the progress I did today is pretty much goneeeee. I don't know why I was dumb enough not to make the obvious choice. >_<

I'd hate to use someone else's save file, too, because I want to complete stuff on my own, which includes having my own cash and everything. Guess I'll have to sit down tomorrow and dedicate another like 5 hours to finish it...

The terribly sluggish character movement is singlehandedly ruining this game for me

It definitely takes it down a notch for me as well. I'm never comfortable with, or confident in the controls. Everything feels labored, even with the improvements since GTAIV. It seems so much harder for me to look past it now than ever before.

So an interesting tidbit: I'm going for the 70 golds trophy now that I've got everything except that and spend $200 million (that one is pending stock market success). Apparently you don't have to complete every challenge in one attempt--they can be spread across multiple playthroughs of the same mission. Sure it wastes time to repeat the same mission over and over one challenge at a time, but if you only missed one challenge during your story mode playthrough, you're free to focus on just the specific challenge that you missed before. That's definitely going to make this much less of a hassle than I was prepared for it to be.

The Goat

Finished up the main story arc last night. I enjoyed the game, but really wish they would fix some things. Played on PS3, btw.

The over arcing story, was competent, but nothing really memorable. The story is pretty disjointed, due to how you can jump into different missions at will. Yes, I do enjoy a decent story in my videogames :p The controls are still cumbersome, and base movement mechanics are clunky at times. While comical, the physics shit, when running into walls, doors, or guardrails, sucks. I don't know how many times I tried to jump over something, and find myself going into a ragdoll state. Grr. Not fun. Especially in the middle of a tough firefight. Those precious seconds laying on the ground cost more than a few retries on some missions.

The change to the car physics took some getting used to, but I ended up liking it way more than GTA IV's implementation. I was happy to see that I didn't fly through the window, every time I hit an object.

Laggy menus are another gripe. Bringing up the map, my phone, any menu related thing, always felt like a second or 2 after I pressed it. Small things, maybe to some, but frustrating nonetheless. Just marred the overall experience.

I really liked Trevor and Michael, and their interaction with eachother. Franklin to some extent, but his VO seemed to not mesh as well with the other actors. Almost like he was recorded separately, and didn't have face to face interaction during the mocap sessions.

All in all, my favorite GTA game to date. First one I played completely though, so I guess that's a testament to the game itself. I did force myself to not stray off into the side missions too much, but the ones I did play were fun.
Michael's drug induced alien blasting mission was fun, but not as good as the acid trip flying mission :).

Sitting here watching the credits roll on the best Gta I have played and possibly one of my favourite games ever.

Shame it's over. Wasn't perfect, but so much fun.

Derrick01

Banned
So an interesting tidbit: I'm going for the 70 golds trophy now that I've got everything except that and spend $200 million (that one is pending stock market success). Apparently you don't have to complete every challenge in one attempt--they can be spread across multiple playthroughs of the same mission. Sure it wastes time to repeat the same mission over and over one challenge at a time, but if you only missed one challenge during your story mode playthrough, you're free to focus on just the specific challenge that you missed before. That's definitely going to make this much less of a hassle than I was prepared for it to be.

Thank god, I was kind of worried about that. I really hate how there's a time limit on almost every mission and if you die once it cancels it out for the entire mission. It'd be too much to juggle that and all of the other unique challenges missions throw at you all at the same time.

Bradiculous

Neo Member
I killed the guy that's supposed to start the whole Kifflom thing. Luckily I learned that you can just do that survey anyway on the website. You don't need to talk to him at all.

Watching the ending credits made me realize they have a ton of areas in the game I never encountered in the game despite spending hours just wondering

They'll be faster and handle better. And I'm not sure, but it might have an effect if the driver you chose has lower skills.

oh man I massively hated my poor choice on driver skill level

redid the enter truck sequence FIVE TIMES since it kept moving and I coudnt go up the ramp, and you have to drive the sequence all over
franklin comments on this actually

Lima

Does adding the extra stuff to the cars matter for last heist? About to roll and was wondering if it mattered only upgraded 2 out of the 3 fully.

Too late probably but you should have picked Obvious for the last heist. Gives you much more money (12-15 million more depending on crew members). With the subtle approach you need a shit ton of crew members.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Too late probably but you should have picked Obvious for the last heist. Gives you much more money (12-15 million more depending on crew members). With the subtle approach you need a shit ton of crew members.
Damn, wish I had known that. Shiiiiiiit

I found this on 4chan, and guess what? It fucking works. Takes a bit of tender loving care, but it hasn't failed me after 4 times.

Okay guys. I found a glitch on this here game and decided to repeat it.

Here's what you need.

1. Michael.
2. A weapon, preferably one that can get around killing NPCs at your house (I'll explain later).
3.Day time
4. Preferably the whole family at home, which happens all the time in the day I think.
5. The gardener placed by the bushes near the tennis court. He's usually there in the morning or by the pool, but he has to be by the court for this to work I assume.

Go to the gardener. Talk to him for the hell of it, then do something to kill him. A shotgun butt to the head works, and you may have to shoot it off first for it to connect.

Lose the cops if they come but make sure the worker is dead. Now, go to the house and wait next to the front door. You don't need to do this, but it'll show you the spawning in front of your eyes.

Why does this happen? Because you killed an "important" piece and the game tries to send another, for whatever reason. Problem is, it sends a bunch of people, including clones and construction workers.

It will crash eventually, so don't expect to do much after. It's just a cool yet shitty ass glitch that Rockstar somehow didn't patch out.

Credits go to that guy.

Gaz_RB

You might know this, but if you repeatedly buy and sell stocks back to back you can get that 200 million spent achievement super fast.

bndadm

Man thanks for posting this. Really alleviates any worries I had in trying to carry out some of these all at once.

It definitely takes it down a notch for me as well. I'm never comfortable with, or confident in the controls. Everything feels labored, even with the improvements since GTAIV. It seems so much harder for me to look past it now than ever before.

It's like they learned nothing from RDR and MP3.

Two HUGE omissions from RDR:
1- You are no longer able to just hold the X button in order to move forward like RDR, you have to tilt the stick as well.

2- When you're in cover by a door or under a window, you can no longer just press R2 in order to either move the door out of the way or to break the window in order to shoot properly. You're character now just flubs around like a dumbass when he's in those situations.

Pretty disappointing.

dropbear

Banned
Just finished the last mission.

Full disclosure: the credits were taking forever and I switched over when Breaking Bad started. They must have been near the end because when I switched back during a commercial my
psychiatric report
was up.

Did I miss any other post-credit stuff?

Gaz_RB

Just finished the last mission.

Full disclosure: the credits were taking forever and I switched over when Breaking Bad started. They must have been near the end because when I switched back during a commercial my
psychiatric report
was up.

Did I miss any other post-credit stuff?

Nah.
Trevor has a new mission you can do now, though.

Top Bottom