• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

In the mission where Trevor first reunites with Michael, during the chase with
Lazlow
, can you actually hit him or do you have to keep following him until he stops? The truck is just too slow it seems.

Kyzon

So you'll spoiler the code but not the description? Logical.

Also, dickish move. Not everyone wants cheats ruined.

Meh, I edited it for anyone who considers it a spoiler or whatnot.

Anyways, does anyone else have long loading times when you switch characters and they're on the other side of the map?

And now you may want to edit your post as not to continue the cycle of "dickishness"

HiiiLife

Got me a new TV for this

Sony Bravia

h7VjkEg.jpg

Looks so good.

Slick tv. Could you tell me what the model number is? And size?

saunderez

Seriously tho,
how much meth did Johnny take? He look thinner, and doesn't sound like Johnny I know in TLAD
:(
He was a badass back then.
Yep Ashley brought him back down to her level. It's a pity because he knew she was no good for him but he couldn't stay away.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Anyone else dislike the tone of the jokes in the game? I mean, no real life radio/TV commercial would purposely degrade their own product (our game is a rip off of every FPS shooter out there! or our burgers are filled with more fat, sugar than you need daily!) or how the Facebook in the game is called Lifeinvaders, no one in their right mind would have named it that (Bleeter being Twitter is the right way to do it). Even the news are totally over the top and no journalist would do it like in this game.

Obviously it's not to be taken seriously, but you can make fun or parody real life events without making it totally unbelieveable, it sort of takes me away from believing this could be an actual real place.

Rockstar's humor (or satire, whatever) was always about blowing stuff out of proportion to prove some point and make sure the pun is obvious to everyone. The self-degrading advertisments may adress that some services or products are so obviously fishy or obnoxious that their makers could might as well say so in an advertisement in real life and still be successful since people don't care.

There were some comments how this game, and previous GTA's as well, is "homophobic", "transphobic", "misogynistic". I don't really see this, it seems like some people pull some quotes out of context and treat them as an official Rockstar stance on some topics. Just because some character said something offensive doesn't mean the makers are applauding it. It's the same thing as those ads shows on the radio and TV. In GTA world, everyone is a target and nobody serves as a role model, the focus is on the Bad and the Ugly. When Jimmy degrades someone online by saying some transphobic comments, you're supposed to be laughing at him, not with him, especially since he's a stereotypical portrayal of a (rather wannabe) dudebro who only plays copy-paste shooting games online, and in a way sends some message to some of GTA V players themselves.

Homophobic? So far I noticed Franklin telling some paparazzi something along the lines of "so what if the dude is gay? Leave him the fuck alone". As Niko you helped your gay friend by protecting him from some actual homophobes. And then there's The Ballad of Gay Tony...

Misogyny, I don't see women being specifically aimed at in this game. As I said everyone's equal here and Rockstar doesn't pull any punches when making fun of something or someone, in San Andreas pretty much everyone is a terrible person in one way or the other. You can always say they don't have to include strip clubs or prostitutes, as it "conveys a message that women should be used", but for me they just include some "adult" element in the game that, you know, exists in real life. And it's not like Rockstar encourages players to do anything in real life. If you can shoot and murder people for profit in this game, is it really worse to pay a lap dancer? Who knows, maybe one day, when GTA will feature a female character, you will be able to see a Chippendales show.

If anyone is offended by the humour in this game, it's only because he or she missed the point, which is kind of baffling to me as GTA's satire is really, really obvious. Sure, you may not like it, as it's definitely not the wittiest stuff ever written, but please, don't treat anything you hear and see here as the "Word of God", if you excuse me using the tvtropes terminology. As an example, GTA V presents the parody of Facebook - Lifeinvader (which I really enjoy, love some of the comments there), but at the same time you can link the game with your actual Facebook account. So it's not like Rockstar hates Facebook and laughs at everyone using it, it just made a ridiculous parody of the site to point out some of the stuff that, well, some people have already noticed.

And if you still don't get it, then it's pretty clear that it's totally not for you.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's unbelievable they hit you with all this bullshit about an iFruit app, yet it's not available yet on fucking Android.

well, it's not really available on ios either as I understand it. can't login anyway, just 'there is error' messages.

JLG-

so I let a stripper dance for me for way too long while flirting, what does maxing out like do?

wife wasn't impressed but I didn't wanna drop any more of franklins hard earned cash getting the bar to the top

You can take her home...

Also she'll give you her number and you can pretty much just call her and smash that whenever you want.

F!ReW!Re

Some observations;

- Chopper is a bit iffy to fly. (Which is weird coming from me because I'm usually pretty good at flying Helicopters in games)
- Trevor is the most interesting character (funny since I enjoy going "gangsta" with Franklin)
- Money goes very quick in this game (which is a good thing I guess). Pimped some cars and that cost me a lot of money
- I don't know why but I pimped some cars and put them in either Micheal's house garage or Franklin's
new house garage
and they just disappeared overnight.
Fucking annoying to say the least. Although all the cars I park into the garage you can buy as Franklin do stay there.
- The buying property and stock market are an awesome addition (Although I have no idea how to influence the stock market except when playing the Franklin-Lester missions.
-
Bought the airport as Trevor, doing those weapon runs is really fun!
- I keep forgetting to use the special abilities
- The mission ratings system is pretty though. Especially when you don't know what the requirements are for a gold medal before hand.
- Finished all of the flight school missions, only had problems with the helicopter ones (and landing a skydive perfectly)

Game looks great (I can handle the limitations; frame drops, aa, tearing)
Especially the day/night cycles.
I was really impressed
when Trevor left Sandy shores to go to LS, that lightning during the night mission to blow up the Lost campers and then driving to LS to see that beautiful night view overlooking the city.

The game is packed with options and little details.
GOTY for me so far.

Milchjon

Is there really no way to hijack a train? Because that would be a serious bummer.

I already got on top of one and made it to the locomotive, but there didn't seem to be a way to enter it.

Sonix90

Neo Member
I tried to steal the subway train (well, it's underground most of the time) but I could only enter as a passenger. Bummer, I hoped for a minigame there, like in SA.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Guys, you know what suffering is? Unable to play GTA V in the morning, because my nephew got sick and I have to look after him. He is 5 and I think that it would be totally wrong to play story missions in front of him.

jwtsonga

Guys, you know what suffering is? Unable to play GTA V in the morning, because my nephew got sick and I have to look after him. He is 5 and I think that it would be totally wrong to play story missions in front of him.

Well I cannot buy the game until another 19 hours. That is real suffering!! At least you've played it!!

Sonix90

Neo Member
I have the disc version and sometimes there's a lot of pop in, sometimes even on cars nearby.

Also, the framerate most of the time feels more like 20-25, but it still looks much better than IV.

Septimius

Not sure if it's just the PSN version but the pop in is just hideous.

Disc PS3 version, here. No problems what so ever for me.

Few frame-rate drops for me, too. Sometimes driving too fast will lead to a frame-drop when reaching a new area.

Does anybody if the GTA V online portion is going to be region free? cause I'm using a US psn account with EU retail copy and I just want to know if I need to restart on EU psn account get the online portion, I know I can't use my blimp code on my US account.

I tried out the cheat that
teleports you into the sky and lets you glide.
It is AMAZING!

LB, LT, RB, RT, Left, Right, Left, Right, LB, LT, RB, RT, Left, Right, Left, Right.

This is my new fast travel method when I'm not in a mission. It's way faster than cars, and easier than planes... as long as I can find a body of water to land in XD

Is there a place where I can find these cheats? Because that's the first time I heard of that cheat and I've looked at a couple of sites the last days. Still no riot cheat probably?

Valravn

The gameplay is playable, but the constant fluctuation in FPS is very noticeable, and limitations like pop in. I understand why they released this on the current consoles, but a better FPS would make a ton of difference for me in gameplay experience. Therefore i hope they will release this on pc or next gen consoles. Game is awesome btw and looks surprisingly good on 8-year old hardware.

Guys i always have Franklin showing 2 missions while I only can see one at the map. Does the map have to be revealed so I can see the mission or? This is never the case with other two guys. And I'm some 40+% into the game if that means anything

red731

Just checking in.
If anyone goes by how long the first session with game lasts, then I bet that 17 hours I, and later on even my friend, put into the game since the game install and turning off the console was, yeah, seventeen hours.
No other game since WoW did that...

10 minutes. Each ten minutes we have switched the controller to do what we wanted and boy, was there fun to witness :-D

Not even turning PC on since there is just no need...

I give the game score of absolute blast to play/fun. So, I that is like twenty out of ten.

Gutss

Finally Gold the Mr. Philips mission, so hard!! it takes me a wooping 8 hours lol, now back to the story yeepeee!!..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Q: Why do they charge your like 150-200 dollars for a hospital visit with Michael, while for Franklin it's under $100?

Haha, that is nothing. Later in the game they will charge for one visit $5000.

Lisker

Not sure if it's just the PSN version but the pop in is just hideous.

I have that problem with other games too that I play from my HDD, the read speed on the HDD is just as awefull as mine. (5400 rpm sucks). This is the reason 360 users install the play disk to a flash drive, I don't know if the PS3 supports that.

I have the disk PS3 version and I have only minor pop-in.

Just checking in.
If anyone goes by how long the first session with game lasts, then I bet that 17 hours I, and later on even my friend, put into the game since the game install and turning off the console was, yeah, seventeen hours.
No other game since WoW did that...

10 minutes. Each ten minutes we have switched the controller to do what we wanted and boy, was there fun to witness :-D

Not even turning PC on since there is just no need...

I give the game score of absolute blast to play/fun. So, I that is like twenty out of ten.

I wish I had friends that were into gaming like me. All my friends "feel" too old to play games and they have totally different interests. I miss the days where I would have em over to game =(.

pottuvoi

Banned
I have that problem with other games too that I play from my HDD, the read speed on the HDD is just as awefull as mine. (5400 rpm sucks). This is the reason 360 users install the play disk to a flash drive, I don't know if the PS3 supports that.

I have the disk PS3 version and I have only minor pop-in.
Hybrid HDD here and haven't really noticed any problems..

So, did anyone else have the game cut off on them at one point only for the game to load up again due to some storage error? It happened to me earlier as I was just about to get into a vehicle to lose the police. I had thought I lost my progress (since I didn't do any quick saves), but nothing was lost

360 version here. Installed disc 2 to an external drive, game runs soooo much better. Almost no texture pop in, and the game doesn't freeze up any more at all while driving super fast and long distances.

Definitely the only way to play this game til it gets ported to better hardware.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm watching you Barry. I dont trust you or that weed youre pushing

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Starting my third 12 hour gta shift. Fuck me rockstar games are still in a league of their own.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Q: Why do they charge your like 150-200 dollars for a hospital visit with Michael, while for Franklin it's under $100?

For the next game I hope they ditch the percentage hospital fee system and just make the fee make sense. Make the fee based on the method of death or something, not how much money you happen to own at that time. Plus give the option to buy health insurance maybe. It always annoys me how much you get punished for dying in GTA when you're just going to be dying for fun in this type of game anyway. It wasn't much of an issue in IV since there was nothing to spend money on, but I can see this game seriously pissing me off later in the game when I lose thousands every time I die making it hard for me to afford the things I want in the game.

Top Bottom