• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Social Club is still getting hammered like hell. My mission updates from the last 24h still aren't reflected on the site. Neither are my snapmatics.I found one that was open at night. I randomly pulled out my gun and pointed it at the clerk. Got a whopping ~200 dollars out of it.

I say if you want to make money by straight-up stealing, drive around the city spotting cash transports. Shoot out the back door lock with an SMG or machinegun if you don't have explosives yet, collect the loot and leg it. I got something like 6000 dollars in one go from that.

Ah okay, thanks!

But I need 2.000.000. to buy a club....I mean...how do you earn that much money? lol

Jaroof

Man, I just had a pretty intense moment.

I justplayed a mission where I had 8 minutes to take out four targets.
The first target was easy. He stationary, so it was easy to take him out. I do this pretty quickly. After that, I had to go about 2 miles away to find the next target.
I parked, then swiftly took him out.

Next target was about 1.5 miles away. I go to look for him, and when I got near, the marker says he's above me somewhere. At this time, I have about 3.5 minutes left.
I spent a good two minutes looking for him, when I finally see him way above me. I snipe him really quickly, then make a break for it.

1:20 left.

I see a nearby sports car, so I steal it, with 1:10 left
That's when I notice the distance: another 1.5 miles for the last target!
In my head, I'm thinking "There's no way I'm gonna get to him...", but I go for it anyway.

At 50 seconds left, I notice I've only got .9 miles left. I was doubtful, but maybe I could do it! At this point, the cops are onto me, so they're chasing me, and trying to stop me, making it even more intense, but I keep swerving past them.

I speed as fast as this sports car would allow me to, and make it to the target with ten seconds left, so I activate Franklin's slo-mo ability, then put the reticle on the target, and take him out. I look at the clock-- five seconds left.

MAN!!!

The first target was easy. He stationary, so it was easy to take him out. I do this pretty quickly. After that, I had to go about 2 miles away to find the next target.

Next target was about 1.5 miles away. I go to look for him, and when I got near, the marker says he's above me somewhere. At this time, I have about 3.5 minutes left.
I spent a good two minutes looking for him, when I finally see him way above me. I snipe him really quickly, then make a break for it.

In my head, I'm thinking "There's no way I'm gonna get to him...", but I go for it anyway.

At 50 seconds left, I notice I've only got .9 miles left. I was doubtful, but maybe I could do it! At this point, the cops are onto me, so they're chasing me, and trying to stop me, making it even more intense, but I keep swerving past them.

I speed as fast as this sports car would allow me to, and make it to the target with ten seconds left, so I activate Franklin's slo-mo ability, then put the reticle on the target, and take him out. I look at the clock-- five seconds left.

MAN!!!

Had that mission myself yesterday, except I didnt make it to the final target in time, so I expected it to restart the whole thing but it didnt.
It gave me 2 minutes and wanted me to go to the last person, which I thought was awesome, even if I didnt mind replaying the whole mission again.

panty

Saved a $200k car to my save house garage and now it's gone. Can't see the impound lot icon so it's not there, checked all the other garages too.

Fucking Hell R*, god.

E: Don't tell me the garages are linked to R*s servers as well, just like the snapstagram.

BigDug13

So what's the best way to not have cars disappear? On Franklin I jacked some sort of Tesla wannabe sports car that was incredibly fast so I went and had it fully modded. Do a mission where it forces a car change and now it's nowhere. Not at impound, not in garage, not in front of house. P

What should I have done?

Hey guys, question.

I'm doing missions now, but this weekend I'm planning to just relax in the game and do nothing at all, just driving, getting in trouble with the police, etc. I'm also planning to let my friends play the game on my console the same way.

Now, are there any problems this could create for my story or the characters? You know, what I get jailed a couple of times, or die? What about the saves the game makes automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Someone's up for answering this? I just don't want to screw with my game when freeroaming :)

Dead Man

Saved a $200k car to my save house garage and now it's gone. Can't see the impound lot icon so it's not there, checked all the other garages too.

Fucking Hell R*, god.

So what's the best way to not have cars disappear? On Franklin I jacked some sort of Tesla wannabe sports car that was incredibly fast so I went and had it fully modded. Do a mission where it forces a car change and now it's nowhere. Not at impound, not in garage, not in front of house. P

What should I have done?
R*'s game design leaves a bit to be desired sometimes. They have made an amazing world in this game, but I am finding it frustrating trying to enjoy the world they made.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Someone's up for answering this? I just don't want to screw with my game when freeroaming :)

well you'll lose money every time you die and have to get fixed at a hospital. otherwise, you'll probably up some of your stats. Just do it and enjoy yourself. I don't think you can 'break' the game by playing it.

I think I can finally say what I like and don't like about this game. The missions where I don't really do the whole "shoot everyone/drive here/do this odd job" are the best, like the one at the computer company, and interactions with the other characters. Weird, since the draw of the game seems to be guns a blazin' in some parts.

Where I really have fun is when I'm interacting with Los Santos. It feels like a living, breathing world with a few niggling problems. Those random events, exploring the mountains with the danger of cougars on my balls, and just egging on random fights. Hell, I'd say my favorite moments involved glitching of some sort, like the suicidal taxi cab driver (it finally happened to me!)

It's a shame that the police are so constantly active and omnipresent that I must seriously consider what I'm doing and if I have the time to plan a getaway, even if I'm just smacking some ped up side the head.

Oh, and it would it have killed Rockstar to not have people freak out when I stand next to them for more than five seconds? Yeesh.

Fjordson

Lmao. I'm dyin' @ the Taxi drivers when you tell them to hurry. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Ok hard question, gtA v or yakuza 4?
Both personal favourites, but tough to compare. So different (which reminds me how much it sucks that the US isn't seeing Yakuza 5 anytime soon).

My god this game is fucking amazing.

I had a few issues with it at first, mainly the driving being so different from my beloved IV. Once I got used to that I enjoy driving now. My only real issue now is the occasional framerate drops in the city, nothing game breaking by any means but still annoying from time to time. I am pretty amazed at the graphics in this game, the sunsets and sunrises are gorgeous.

I just want to go home and play more....

HiiiLife

MAN!!!

Just barely did this mission too. I was climbing the building to try and find him lol.

Do you guys know what am I supposed to do for the owner of the marijuana dispensary? He texts me messages but I don't know how to accept them.

well you'll lose money every time you die and have to get fixed at a hospital. otherwise, you'll probably up some of your stats. Just do it and enjoy yourself. I don't think you can 'break' the game by playing it.

Thanks. Don't really care about the money :)

I do wonder how the world is going to change when Online is released. I mean, will it be possible that Rockstar makes a lot of the houses in the game that are 'static' able to be bought and live in? That would be awesome.

MAN!!!

I did this mission last night.

Got off the phone with Lenny (or is it Lemmy?) and for some bizarre reason decided that the first thing I would do was hold up a store for 200 dollars which meant that from the get go I had a 2 star wanted level. The cops chased me to every target and by the time I'd taken the first two out I had helicopters shotting the shit out of my car.

I get to the last target with 20 seconds to spare, my car is on fire since it's been shot to bits, my health is non-existant...take the shot mission accomplished, blow away some cops and escape in slow mo.

I tried playing with the stock market (not on bawsaq the other one) and bought $10,000 worth of shares in the rival cigarette company, Debonaire. After the mission, I sold them for $12,000 which is okay I guess, I don't know whether I waited long enough for them to really increase in value.

It strikes me that R* haven't really given you any kind of tutorial in this besides hinting that you can do it.

So did they ditch the Vigilante missions? I really loved getting in the Cop Cars in IV and previous GTA games and doing the missions. I really hope they didn't but something tells me they did.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So did they ditch the Vigilante missions? I really loved getting in the Cop Cars in IV and previous GTA games and doing the missions. I really hope they didn't but something tells me they did.

On the plus side they brought back the taxi missions.....without the timer. Thus making them absolutely pointless and not fun to play.

Also last night, got to the mission where
you take Jimmy to burger shot and he gives you that spiked drink and you start tripping heavily. Falling through the sky with that colour distortion and that chill music was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a GTA game

StuBurns

Banned
The assassination missions are pretty cool. There's one at a building site that feels incredibly similar to playing GTA3/VC. I'd hate it if the whole game was that, but for that one mission, it was a real joy.

LNBL

Maybe. I'll see if that makes any difference.

Found this on Reddit, not sure if its a joke or not.

If you hold down triangle/Y when you get into a car, you put on the seatbelt.
If you hold down tirangle/Y when you get on a bike, you put on a helmet.
This will save your character's life.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yesterdays session was amazing... up until the part where I spent 20 minutes mashing X (marathon) and then pressed right on the d-pad and accidentally quit the entire event :(

Fuck me. Can't wait to get home and continue though... I hate work right now :_:

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Found this on Reddit, not sure if its a joke or not.

If you hold down triangle/Y when you get into a car, you put on the seatbelt.
If you hold down tirangle/Y when you get on a bike, you put on a helmet.
This will save your character's life.

I'm testing this the next time I play. Though I'm pretty sure you just put on your helmet on a bike just by staying still.

Khezu

So I was playing as Micheal for a bit and when I came back to Frank finally, he randomly had a saw offed shotgun, a assault rifle, and I now owned the Grovestreet Garage, which I saw on sale before but didn't buy.

Did I miss something? Did something happen in a cutscene I skipped?

I'm confused.

Just riding my bicycle through the mountains when I hear a big, "BOOM!" A few seconds later I see the burnt fuselage of a small plane rolling down the mountain. Haha. Too good. This game, man.

Top Bottom