• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Jamie OD

Changed Michael's hair and beard and he now unintentionally looks like someone I used to work with. That's going to add some extra humour to the more psychotic moments of the game.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
why the fuck does Bawsaq never ever work?

Try going to a safe house, sleeping, and restating your console making sure youre signed in to live/psn before you start the game. Worked for me

edit; the instructor at the flight school sounds lke sol goodman

dorn.

Ok so has anyone managed to finish the stranger mission where Micheal
has to fight off Aliens with a minigun?
Shit is hard.

leng jai

People who say the game looks surprisingly good should preface that taking into account the complete lack of AA and poor framerate at times. It's all well and good to say the game looks really great when there have obviously been significant concessions made. It's unfair to other games that prioritise a smooth framerate and actual AA despite ending up with "lesser" graphics.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
People who say the game looks surprisingly good should preface that taking into account the complete lack of AA and poor framerate at times. It's all well and good to say the game looks really great when there have obviously been significant concessions made. It's unfair to other games that prioritise a smooth framerate and actual AA despite ending up with "lesser" graphics.

Other games don't come close to the masterpiece that rockstar has created.

equil

End game question.
So i chose option A thinking that option C would kill franklin and now i cant play as trever so does that mean i cant 100% the game?

ufo8mycat

This is very true, but comparing it to other open world games and especially compared to GTA IV, there is an improvement in both framerate and especially jaggies. Sure the framerate hitches now and there in busy streets, but not as frequently as GTA IV.

Yes aliasing still exists, but not as much as GTA IV and the game looks a ton better then GTA IV also.

Other games don't come close to the masterpiece that rockstar has created.

From a content and production quality standpoint, yes. But I also have severe frame rate when ever I drive fast during the city to a point where it becomes annoying. Also no AA is of course understandable and has in that sense no impact on the gameplay but the visual quality suffers at times.

So it is perfectly fair to criticize this in my eyes.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
From a content and production quality standpoint, yes. But I also have severe frame rate when ever I drive fast during the city to a point where it becomes annoying. Also no AA is of course understandable and has in that sense no impact on the gameplay but the visual quality suffers at times.

So it is perfectly fair to criticize this in my eyes.

I got used to the dodgy frame rate in 20 minutes. As a pc gamer I bought the game knowing it wasn't going to be a game with 60fps and maxed aa. All a man can do is get used to it till the pc version drops.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Playing as Trevor early on I was driving around and a random encounter appeared on the map. I wonder if anyone else has seen this

So I went to see what it was and there was a VW van in a parking lot with it's doors open and no one around. Suddenly I fall to the floor like I've been killed, the screen flashes white and I wake up on the train tracks in my underwear with a freight train 2 seconds away from killing me.

what the hell happened? It was so weird, I was wondering if there's more to it?

Angst

Playing as Trevor early on I was driving around and a random encounter appeared on the map. I wonder if anyone else has seen this

So I went to see what it was and there was a VW van in a parking lot with it's doors open and no one around. Suddenly I fall to the floor like I've been killed, the screen flashes white and I wake up on the train tracks in my underwear with a freight train 2 seconds away from killing me.

Maybe you should spoiler that? Anyway I take it you haven't seen Breaking Bad?

Sorry to ask this again, but how does armour work in this game ? I bought the best stuff I could buy, but I didn't see a new bar or anything appear ?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Why would that be awkward? It's a game, she understands, at least mine does.

yeah she was all mock 'OH MY GOD' pretend shocked. I had fun with the 'yeaah look at dem titties' and whatnot.

I was mildly embarrassed though cause I find any portrayal of sex in videogames just to be generally embarassing, but I'd have to say that GTA does it the best I've seen.

I plan to own that strip club though, not sure if it's possible, haven't uncovered anything about business ownership yet. Love taking my time with this and mixing up the main story with side missions. So far enjoy franklin a lot more than michael, but I just unlocked Michael.

I'm really enjoying the 'kill loads of people' missions. Is there any indication at the end, for the sub-objectives/goals you missed what exactly you must do to unlock them? Some of em are obvious from the names, but some not. I cant think of an example, but I didn't get gold on almost anything yet.

The sense of atmosphere in this game is through the roof.

I actually caught myself taking Chop to the beach with me. I parked my car a couple of blocks away from the beach, decided to walk the rest of the way. Around every corner there is something new to be seen, and it actually feels like the NPC's are busy going by their daily lives.

Walking around the beach. Throwing a ball away so Chop can fetch. Never thought I would do something like that in a game.

Tourmeta

End game question.
So i chose option A thinking that option C would kill franklin and now i cant play as trever so does that mean i cant 100% the game?

End game answer:
Did the same, huge bummer that was... I don't really know for sure but to check I did a stranger mission with Michael and the percentage did not go up on completion so they might have accounted for it, which doesn't make the ending feel like a ripoff. The trophy requiring gold medals only demands 70 in total which is possible without Trevor strangers.

spekkeh

Banned
So one of the first missions, where Franklin has to jump
onto the boat
He jumps on a traffic barrier instead, and stays there motionlessly. All the traffic around me starts to disappear and I can't get him off. Can't shoot him. Terminal bug. Okay, so I decided to reload the last checkpoint and went into the menu.

There's no reload from checkpoint option! What the actual fuck, Rockstar. After all the shit people gave you for the checkpointing system in IV, it's still broken? I had to reload my last autosavepoint, yeah that was at the end of the last mission. Fucking hell, this is what all those 10/10s lead to.

The sense of atmosphere in this game is through the roof.

I actually caught myself taking Chop to the beach with me. I parked my car a couple of blocks away from the beach, decided to walk the rest of the way. Around every corner there is something new to be seen, and it actually feels like the NPC's are busy going by their daily lives.

Walking around the beach. Throwing a ball away so Chop can fetch. Never thought I would do something like that in a game.

Imagine GTA VII Oculus Rift version...

The truth is that this game gets better after the first two hours. And by a lot!.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just met Trevor. Amazing. He's the video game equivalent of Joe Pecsi. I never know whether to be terrified or laughing at any one moment.

Also, met my first and only mountain lion. It came out of nowhere as I was riding through the desert. It looked majestic as it ran beside my jeep in the stark light of the sun. Needless to say, I ran over it about 30 or 40 times in pre-emptive revenge for all the times it will kill me in future play throughs.

Are people still bemoaning the graphics...? Rockstar can't win, can they?

I got that. I also remember what he says when he gets up.

"Oh god, not again!" Trevor regularly gets kidnapped?

mocoworm

Also, met my first and only mountain lion. It came out of nowhere as I was riding through the desert. It looked majestic as it ran beside my jeep in the stark light of the sun. Needless to say, I ran over it about 30 or 40 times in pre-emptive revenge for all the times it will kill me in future play throughs.

I ran over a deer type thing and Michael shouts, 'Evolve some fucking ears!'

GlamFM

Banned
My misc. "missions" are not counted in the social club.

Anyone having the same problem?

El0jvSj.png

Anyone else has problems with the Atomic blimp?

I put in the code 2 days ago and it worked fine. I called the number and took it for a ride in which I coincidentally crashed in another Atomic blimp on purpose. Then I continued doing missions and the social club started do stop working properly. Since then I can't call the number anymore. Is this an error or is there only one blimp in the whole game? I play on 360 by the way.

Hey guys, question.

I'm doing missions now, but this weekend I'm planning to just relax in the game and do nothing at all, just driving, getting in trouble with the police, etc. I'm also planning to let my friends play the game on my console the same way.

Now, are there any problems this could create for my story or the characters? You know, what I get jailed a couple of times, or die? What about the saves the game makes automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if need to spoiler, but just in case.
So, there is supposed to be a
Cult
in this game? I have no idea who or where they are or how to contact them. I know it's something to do with
hitch-hikers
I'm pretty far in but I have'nt heard anything about them in the game. Anyone know what I'n supposed to do?

glaurung

Social Club is still getting hammered like hell. My mission updates from the last 24h still aren't reflected on the site. Neither are my snapmatics.
how can I rob a gas station? Every gas station is locked + they are not marked on my map. meh.
I found one that was open at night. I randomly pulled out my gun and pointed it at the clerk. Got a whopping ~200 dollars out of it.

I say if you want to make money by straight-up stealing, drive around the city spotting cash transports. Shoot out the back door lock with an SMG or machinegun if you don't have explosives yet, collect the loot and leg it. I got something like 6000 dollars in one go from that.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Ok hard question, gtA v or yakuza 4?

Dead Man

I'm a bit over how easy it is to die while riding a motor bike. Realism, sure, but if I want a realistic chance of death in an open world game I'll just walk out the front door.

GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I'm taking it real slow see, well I decided to drive a nondescript black SUV through the gates of the military base in the desert. Was not expecting instant 4 stars, panicked and stole the first Fighter Jet I saw, now I'm pretty good at ace combat, beaten all of them on Ace and what not BUT THESE MISSILES DON'T DROP LOCK THEY JUST DON'T HOLY HELL. It was like the missiles were single minded organisms and all they were biologically programmed to do was fuck me into pieces. Took a heavy hit quickly and I thought it was all over but my plane stabilized (some how, I was doing this as Franklin who doesn't know anything about planes) I managed to dodge the next 3 missiles by flying low and pulling up last moment, all the mean while I was tying to figure out how to fire missiles back or see if this thing had chaff or anything.

Eventually I figured out how to select missiles so I looped back and fired off two at the chopper tailing me and he blows up, I was celebrating and got careless and took a second missile in the asshole. At this point I decided I had to get the hell out of here if I wanted to enjoy this fighter at all so I started flying low towards the shoreline hoping I could maybe get out of radar range
like in that one mission as trevor
, Well just as I was approaching the end of the danger zone feeling top gun as shit, my engines cut out and my plane is covered in smoke, I am not about to bail out because I am convinced the game will rule this as fall damage so I try and emergency land the plane in the water.

I'm splash down the impact rips off both my wings and ejects poor Franklin 20 feet forward and splashing into the water. As I reach the surface gasping for air surrounded by twisted metal, smoke, and fire I see the contrails of a missile in the distance heading towards me. In the slowest 2 seconds of Franklins life the missile impacts with the fighter wreckage and the intense heat of the explosion liquifies poor Franklin.

Then he wakes up, back in Los Santos General...was it all a dream?

By the way Franklins slo mo driving doesn't work with planes, also you can use slo mo driving as bullet time if you're in a car and doing a drive by.
lol. I love this post. Reminds me of this comic:

b6EyVLa.jpg

Top Bottom