• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
While we're on the seatbelt/helmet discussion of this stoping you from being launched from your car/hurting your head, is it jsut me or does this always result in death in V? Pretty much every time I'm launched from my car even if it's just a litte bit I die instantly. The health bar is seriously low in this game. The tiniest thing can kill you. In IV you would only die from this if you had very low health.

mazillion

While we're on the seatbelt/helmet discussion of this stoping you from being launched from your car/hurting your head, is it jsut me or does this always result in death in V? Pretty much every time I'm launched from my car even if it's just a litte bit I die instantly. The health bar is seriously low in this game. The tiniest thing can kill you. In IV you would only die from this if you had very low health.
Yeah I die so much more in this game.

Has anyone encountered any save game problems?

A friend of mine just came back online and his saves have completely gone (360)

This happened to anyone else?

StuBurns

Banned
I practically never die, and I suck at games. I've hit a ton of fail states, really stupid ones too, but dying from normal gameplay, not really at all. Make sure to grab some armor.

Fantasmo

I think I can finally say what I like and don't like about this game. The missions where I don't really do the whole "shoot everyone/drive here/do this odd job" are the best, like the one at the computer company, and interactions with the other characters. Weird, since the draw of the game seems to be guns a blazin' in some parts.

Where I really have fun is when I'm interacting with Los Santos. It feels like a living, breathing world with a few niggling problems. Those random events, exploring the mountains with the danger of cougars on my balls, and just egging on random fights. Hell, I'd say my favorite moments involved glitching of some sort, like the suicidal taxi cab driver (it finally happened to me!)

It's a shame that the police are so constantly active and omnipresent that I must seriously consider what I'm doing and if I have the time to plan a getaway, even if I'm just smacking some ped up side the head.

Oh, and it would it have killed Rockstar to not have people freak out when I stand next to them for more than five seconds? Yeesh.
To be fair, these are pretty much the best part of all open world games aren't they? Combing the countryside in RDR, exploring the city of Sleeping Dogs, etc.

When there are no more unique things to see its disappointing but only because you've probably played lots of shooting segments in games.

Omnipresent police is always annoying. Hopefully there's an RDR style facemask in there. Sometimes its just fun to cause havoc. Freaking out people is annoying too, but that's nothing new to the series.

Character spoiler!!!
"Man was weak for crystal, was weak for Ashley, man was weak."
Did not expect
Johnny
to
fall off
like that.

Hixx

Lame. Considering how flying through the winshield kills you instantly in this game that seems like a necessary feature. Oh well, maybe GTA 6.

I've gone through the windshield about 3 times now and not died. One of the times I got catapulted a good 10 yards too, was like something out of SR's Insurance Fraud missions!

SJRB

Gold Member
Only 2.5 hours left at work.. I can do this. I've been staring out of the window pretty much the entire day thinking about things I'm going to do when playing tonight.

spongebob-staring-at-coffee.gif

Denzar

Lame. Considering how flying through the winshield kills you instantly in this game that seems like a necessary feature. Oh well, maybe GTA 6.

You don't!

Yesterday I got catapulted through my windshield and flew like 50m and survived the landing! I barely had any health left, but it's possible.

StuBurns

Banned
How often do you get in to shootouts with the cops and do you use auto aim?
Only when the game forces me to do so, and I'm using whatever is default. It's like lock-on with too heavy sticky aim. I prefer the RDR soft-lock personally, the reticule is way too small too, I've not looked at those options yet, I probably should.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've gone through the windshield about 3 times now and not died. One of the times I got catapulted a good 10 yards too, was like something out of SR's Insurance Fraud missions!

You must have had full health. I should clarify. It takes away half your health bar. Essentially the full regenerating bar. If you have a full regenerating bar but not the full bar that only recharges with health packs then you'll die instantly.

cozo

the main thing I dislike so far is that there doesn't seem to be that much reason to explore the world on foot

I frequently see interesting buildings with open doors, ladders up the side etc but whenever I get off to have a look there's nothing there

I know there are 'emergent' non-scripted activities dotted around the world but would have it killed rockstar to make on-foot exploration a bit more interesting and put something like those in some buildings?

Denzar

Only when the game forces me to do so, and I'm using whatever is default. It's like lock-on with too heavy sticky aim. I prefer the RDR soft-lock personally, the reticule is way too small too, I've not looked at those options yet, I probably should.

Had the same problem, but a helpful gaffer mentioned you can change the reticle to "Complex" in the options. Makes it way more visible and easyer to use!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Well there you go then. Try getting in to an open firefight with the police. You will not last as long as you can in previous games. Not even close. Plus you're using lock on so yeah. I also have not yet died on a mission.

mocoworm

Can someone please tell me how to create a crew on social club ? I made one ages ago but need to make a new one and can't find the option. I log in, click on 'crew' but from there can only search and join existing ones. Is it because I already have the one I created from Max Payne 3 ? Can you only create 1 ?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is there a police or army uniform you can get in this game? I'm just wondering if it's like Vice City and you can get in to that military base without them killing you if you're wearing the right uniform.

Hobohodo

How do you to a 180 turn when your in gun fights? I can remember a tutorial message popping up about it during an early Trevor mission but now I can't remember how to do it.

Would be useful for the Rampage missions.

Denzar

How do you to a 180 turn when your in gun fights? I can remember a tutorial message popping up about it during an early Trevor mission but now I can't remember how to do it.

Would be useful for the Rampage missions.

You press R3/R and then use the lock on button (L2/LT).

Megasoum

Banned
Question about the flying.

Are the planes really kinda weird this time? Like it looks like I get weird gusts of wind.

I'm using a 360 pad on my PS3 so sometimes I get weird deadzone issues in some games and I'm wondering if that's the case here.

Dead Man

Are the planes really kinda weird this time? Like it looks like I get weird gusts of wind.

I'm using a 360 pad on my PS3 so sometimes I get weird deadzone issues in some games and I'm wondering if that's the case here.

Nope, not the controller, they get blown around like a leaf. I like it, but it does make it a lot harder.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Stranger missions.

Oh. No wonder I haven't found any yet. Do they have special stranger markers or do they basically look like regular stranger missions? Basically I'm asking if there's any way of knowing if it's a rampage or not before I actually walk up to it.

Also I just noticed your username. I like you.

broony

Can someone please tell me how to create a crew on social club ? I made one ages ago but need to make a new one and can't find the option. I log in, click on 'crew' but from there can only search and join existing ones. Is it because I already have the one I created from Max Payne 3 ? Can you only create 1 ?

I think so yeah. You will have to leave your old crew, you can't delete it, just leave it, and then you can create a new one.

doby

Its turbulence...i like it.

Artex

Banned

No. Last night I was CRUISING down the freeway in the Coil which is a fucking awesome Tesla parody. I hit someone while weaving through traffic and launched through the windshield. Didn't die.

skynidas

Banned
Oh. No wonder I haven't found any yet. Do they have special stranger markers or do they basically look like regular stranger missions? Basically I'm asking if there's any way of knowing if it's a rampage or not before I actually walk up to it.

Also I just noticed your username. I like you.

They have a skull icon on the map. Maybe you haven't gotten to that point in the game

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone encountered any save game problems?

A friend of mine just came back online and his saves have completely gone (360)

This happened to anyone else?

I haven't but I had a game freeze, on a mission (the one with franklins buddy who gets out of jail) running down some stairs and total game freeze. reboot xbox, back at my house. I think with some clothes different, but the parts of the map I'd just opened still showing. was weird.

KB24

Any of you folks beat the story yet? If so, how many hours did you log? It scares me that I'm already 23 missions in, don't wanna rush through too fast :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No. Last night I was CRUISING down the freeway in the Coil which is a fucking awesome Tesla parody. I hit someone while weaving through traffic and launched through the windshield. Didn't die.

Read a post I made after that one. It takes away half health. Basically if you have a full regenerating bar but not any that requires a health pack to fill, you'll die. So maybe it isn't every time, but considering it takes away half your entire health bar every time it might as well be. If you've been hurt in any sort of fight previously then a crash will kill you instantly if you fly through the windshield.

vixlar

I feel there are less police cars than GTA4. I dirve for hours sometimes, and I only see the cops on a mission or when I commit a crime.

BTW, I don like the police cars in this game. (Its appearance)

Top Bottom