• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Anth1888

So, do we know if there is any vehicle collection side missions like in previous games, used to be quite fun to find vehicles, you know, as long as they weren't one offs or never spawned.

I was wondering the same thing. I liked trying to find all the vehicles on the list. I've had a look for some sort of vehicle collection mission but can't find anything online. Anyone confirm?

sunnz

So played a few hours, since the positive lists is just too much for me to mention, I will stick with the few negatives I have:

1: The plane camera SUCKS ( as in how when you rotate, the camera also rotates too) I hate that.

2: My biggest fear sadly came true, the driving physics are worse than IV ( expected, BUT not that bad thankfully).
V has a few things with vehicle controls that I hate, such as the analog sticks have a bit of deadzone ( meaning the cars are a little more twitchy, to make small adjustments you have to move the sticks more to the sides, something IV didn't suffer from and games like SR and SD do).
Car acceleration is a little harder to manage ( like the car only starts to move when you have pressed 80% down on the triggers, which makes slower movements less possible, unlike IV were you had much greater control)
Cars break too effectively,
the 0 suspension ( well, almost) makes the cars feel too light and sporty. It basically just a downgrade in my view sadly. Off roading isn't as fun as in IV ( by iv offroading, I mean driving on grass)

IV driving was based around cursing and slower speeds BUT with the ability to drive fast/ corner fast if you were good at it, V is about high speeds and quick turning mainly.

3: Desert area is too small

4: random events so far aren't as common as RDR, which was near perfect and made just going around the map more fun.

Asides from those issues, the game is pretty damn incredible

When you are
following the MC van as Trevor ( even though I have only done that 1 missions, already my favourite), that whole location and road is just amazing, also RIP Jonny
loved it.

Also, is it possible to AIM while driving like in IV? In V it seems you can only shoot when you aim your gun while driving.

lemmykoopa

Guys a question about the aiming.

Is the game built around the auto aim shooting? Will turning off the auto aim make the game frustratingly difficult?

Courage

Guys a question about the aiming.

Is the game built around the auto aim shooting? Will turning off the auto aim make the game frustratingly difficult?

Kind of, since the amount of enemies can get overwhelming and cover can be sparse. Assisted aiming is recommended.

Definity

Where do I buy a bicycle?

Use the internet. There is a site on there under travel maybe. You can browse and buy bikes, cars, property and a few other things right from your phone. CRAZY!

You will get a text message when you buy something and it will be delivered to your garage.

Grieves

Started playing this last night and have a few questions...

Are the R3 missions (vigilante / ambulance / taxi / firetruck /dust van / ice cream truck) gone?

Are there any hidden packages? If there are, do you get weapons at your safehouse for getting them?

Weapon / Armour drops?

Any mini-games start for getting on a specific vehicle (like the checkpoint missions in previous games?

I'm at work so can't spend all day on here checking the whole thread :-(

Thanks.

Derrick01

Banned
I feel there are less police cars than GTA4. I dirve for hours sometimes, and I only see the cops on a mission or when I commit a crime.

BTW, I don like the police cars in this game. (Its appearance)

I feel like that's offset by the wanted level system lasting 17 hours in this game. I can't believe how long it takes to get rid of a single star.

I had a revelation last night…

I’ve put about 10 hours into the game and was scratching my head why I had yet to really grasp the city layout, recognize roads, know where I was going, etc. In real life I am the type of person who knows where I’m going. If I drive somewhere once, boom, I can get there again without directions. To this day I still use printed road maps to get an overview and understanding of where I’m going….

THE GPS navigation option in GTAV is the devil. For 10 hours of gameplay I’ve simply been following it to the various destinations the story has taken me (instead of looking at the game map and paying attention to where I am driving). Fortunately the GPS can be turned off. Surprise, Surprise, the second I disabled it I started to “look” where I was going. About 30 minutes later I had a good understanding of the city layout and recognized landmarks relative to thing like my house, garages, favorite routes, etc.

If you are struggling with wrapping you head around the game world… I strongly recommend turning of the GPS.

Dead Man

I can't seem to do the first bail bond mission, I go to the quarry and nobody is anywhere. Have I missed something to trigger the mission?

Man. I'm not feeling his game much. It has a great skybox, weather effects, ocean, time of day but I just feel bored playing it. No way a 10. It still has good moments though.

Oh yeah and seeing the city at night from the mountains looks so good. No game has done it as well as this game.

haven't interviewed at tech startup companies and what not... that life invader mission is too real to be satire. *shrudder*

So has anyone ever got the ifruit app thing to work? I swear I saw my pimped out car at franklin's house with the custom license plate for 1 minute before i walked into the story mission by accident and it disappeared o_O

How does car storing/retrieval work in this? There is the garage of the house, which i assume works like other gta. There are public garages? (don't know why franklin had a GTR looking car there already).

How do i get back owned cars? Is the impound lot the only way? That's like... across from town >.>"

Why can't i just call someone to bring it back like sleeping dogs :(

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Saved a $200k car to my save house garage and now it's gone. Can't see the impound lot icon so it's not there, checked all the other garages too.

Fucking Hell R*, god.

E: Don't tell me the garages are linked to R*s servers as well, just like the snapstagram.

They really need to fix this shit.

Moxx19

Banned
Does anyone have a link to the score? What is the name of the music that plays in the first gameplay trailer and when Michael
repels down from the building
?

ekim

Started playing this last night and have a few questions...

Are the R3 missions (vigilante / ambulance / taxi / firetruck /dust van / ice cream truck) gone?

Are there any hidden packages? If there are, do you get weapons at your safehouse for getting them?

Weapon / Armour drops?

Any mini-games start for getting on a specific vehicle (like the checkpoint missions in previous games?

I'm at work so can't spend all day on here checking the whole thread :-(

Thanks.

There are Taxi missions. Simply steal one and you can accept requests. There are also
towing missions with Franklin, Weapon smuggling via car or plane. I didn't find any other types yet

Afaik there are hidden packages.
with money - you always keep your weapons - you just lose ammunition after getting arrested

I feel like that's offset by the wanted level system lasting 17 hours in this game. I can't believe how long it takes to get rid of a single star.

Your kidding right? You can be rid of all heat in less than 30 seconds. How the cars now handle makes dodging police a breeze.

I feel there are less police cars than GTA4. I dirve for hours sometimes, and I only see the cops on a mission or when I commit a crime.

BTW, I don like the police cars in this game. (Its appearance)

There are definitely fewer so far from what I've seen, but I also thought that the police presence was too much in GTA IV... Maybe it was by choice, that New York has this much larger police presence, but in GTAIV nine times out of ten when you walked down the street to jack a car, you'd get police heat on you. In IV, if you accidentally discharged your gun (something I do a lot when first playing), you'd get police heat. In V that just isn't the case, and I'm thankful for it.

Dead Man

There are definitely fewer so far from what I've seen, but I also thought that the police presence was too much in GTA IV... Maybe it was by choice, that New York has this much larger police presence, but in GTAIV nine times out of ten when you walked down the street to jack a car, you'd get police heat on you. In IV, if you accidentally discharged your gun (something I do a lot when first playing), you'd get police heat. In V that just isn't the case, and I'm thankful for it.

I just stole a car in the desert and got heat :/

ekim

Yesterday I got a mail from Maude
Question:
It included a picture with the last known whereabouts of the wanted person. How am I supposed to find that place? The ingame map didn't really help

I love the integration this game has with friends and such. "p3tran has been wasted 50 times" made me laugh.

I really like that type of connectivity. It was really well done in Forza and Shadow Complex IMO.

EDIT: Is there a way to see what TOTAL time you've spend in the game, kills, etc ... ?
EDIT2: Found it on the social site, but is there one in-game?

I had a revelation last night…

I’ve put about 10 hours into the game and was scratching my head why I had yet to really grasp the city layout, recognize roads, know where I was going, etc. In real life I am the type of person who knows where I’m going. If I drive somewhere once, boom, I can get there again without directions. To this day I still use printed road maps to get an overview and understanding of where I’m going….

THE GPS navigation option in GTAV is the devil. For 10 hours of gameplay I’ve simply been following it to the various destinations the story has taken me (instead of looking at the game map and paying attention to where I am driving). Fortunately the GPS can be turned off. Surprise, Surprise, the second I disabled it I started to “look” where I was going. About 30 minutes later I had a good understanding of the city layout and recognized landmarks relative to thing like my house, garages, favorite routes, etc.

If you are struggling with wrapping you head around the game world… I strongly recommend turning of the GPS.

Hmm sounds like I'd like this, but how do you find the locations of the missions? Just look in the map on the pause screen? I hate that map, takes too long to load.

And another question, when do the special meters kick in? I had to use it in the beginning with Michael I think, but after that never...

Grieves

There are Taxi missions. Simply steal one and you can accept requests. There are also
towing missions with Franklin, Weapon smuggling via car or plane. I didn't find any other types yet

Afaik there are hidden packages.
with money - you always keep your weapons - you just lose ammunition after getting arrested

Thanks for that.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So played a few hours, since the positive lists is just too much for me to mention, I will stick with the few negatives I have:

1: The plane camera SUCKS ( as in how when you rotate, the camera also rotates too) I hate that.

The plane camera is flawless man, it handles very similarly to ace combat. I get that it might not be your preference but give it some time to get used to it and you'll understand how much control you have over your plane this way.

You have to rotate and pull up to turn, gotta learn to fly like a real pilot.

Top Bottom