• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Raptomex

Anyone with the collector's edition and is able to play Online, how do we play as the special characters like Niko? I was able to create a character but not actually play. I didn't see an option for it.
I think I have just come to the realisation I will never be able to get 3 medals in each of the shooting ranges, as my free aim controller skills are just rubbish

No 100% for me :(
You only need a medal for each challenge in each category for 100%.
Edit. Nvmd. I re-read. Try altering the movement speed.

Derrick01

Banned
You know what's fun? Trying to do an inside loop or whatever it's called for the flight school but the turbulence keeps fucking it up. What a genius idea it was to include that Rockstar. It adds absolutely nothing to the game.

Yerolo

Anyone with the collector's edition and is able to play Online, how do we play as the special characters like Niko? I was able to create a character but not actually play. I didn't see an option for it.

You only need a medal for each challenge in each category for 100%.
Edit. Nvmd. I re-read. Try altering the movement speed.

If it was only 1 medal in each category, Id be able to do it....but 100% requires 3 in each :(

I will try altering the speed and see if that helps

Soooo...after the online update my single player is fucked where I can't change my character from Trevor and I can't start any missions. It sounds like this issue is hitting multiple people, can anyone direct me to where solutions lie?

The update says it'd fix this, but it hasn't for me. I tried deleted and reinstalling the 1.01 update and I still run into the same errors. It doesn't let me character switch or use the internet on my phone. The minimap disappears, too.

Well done Rockstar, you fucking idiots. I'm trying to do a mission that requires me to take a photo, but because of your fucking stupid requirement to connect to the Social Club just to *take* a photo, and your fucking Social Club not working at all, I can't do this mission until you pull your thumb out of your ass and fix it.

I've been willing to forgive the online problems until now, but when my single player progress is impeded by a bullshit decision to require players to connect to the Social Club before taking a photo, that's the last straw. Why the fuck can we not just take photos whenever, and connect to Social Club if we actually want to upload them.

I don't want or need to do anything pertaining to online, yet I can't proceed with establishing an online connection.

Fucking stupid.

Yerolo

Well done Rockstar, you fucking idiots. I'm trying to do a mission that requires me to take a photo, but because of your fucking stupid requirement to connect to the Social Club just to *take* a photo, and your fucking Social Club not working at all, I can't do this mission until you pull your thumb out of your ass and fix it.

I've been willing to forgive the online problems until now, but when my single player progress is impeded by a bullshit decision to requite players to connect to the Social Club before taking a photo, that's the last straw. Why the fuck can we not just take photos whenever, and connect to Social Club if we actually want to upload them.

Fucking stupid.

Are you sure ? My xbox account is silver, so I cannot upload any photos to the social club....but I was able to progress through all the SP content without any issues.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
You know what's fun? Trying to do an inside loop or whatever it's called for the flight school but the turbulence keeps fucking it up. What a genius idea it was to include that Rockstar. It adds absolutely nothing to the game.

My first time through flight school was in the rain, and I didn't realize until the end that it was way harder that way. Quitting and reentering flight school should cycle the weather.

Megasoum

Banned
Did you come first in the race? Does the icon have a green tick next to it?

Pretty sure I came in first on the first race... I don't see any race icons on the map right now... None on the map or the event list on the right.

Edit: Ahhhhhh I didn't see it because I was indoor... Now that I'm outside I see the next race.

Wasp

I failed the very end of the (name of mission spoiler)
Bury the Hatchet
mission six times because my plane kept getting destroyed when trying to land it. Then I realised I hadn't been putting down the landing gear. Doh.

If it was only 1 medal in each category, Id be able to do it....but 100% requires 3 in each :(

I will try altering the speed and see if that helps

Some hints and tips:

1) Clicking the right stick (RS/R3). It gives a little zoom.

2) Upgrade the weapons. Getting gold on the last handgun challenge is a breeze IF and only IF you buy the auto pistol and the extended magazine.

3) Completing all challenges gives you a discount on that character. All Bronze or better is 10%, All Sliver or better is 15%, All Gold is 25%.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Some hints and tips:

1) Clicking the right stick (RS/R3). It gives a little zoom.

2) Upgrade the weapons. Getting gold on the last handgun challenge is a breeze IF and only IF you buy the auto pistol and the extended magazine.

3) Completing all challenges gives you a discount. All Bronze or better is 10%, All Sliver or better is 15%, All Gold is 25%.

Don't forget to strafe as well, particularly on handgun 3.

Derrick01

Banned
My first time through flight school was in the rain, and I didn't realize until the end that it was way harder that way. Quitting and reentering flight school should cycle the weather.

I ended up completing it but it's good to know it was made worse by the rain. It was seriously jerking out of control at times.

I have one bridge to fly under and I can't for the life of me find it. Does rockstar social club show which one I have left? I fucking hate shit like this. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had a run in with Michael.

atMD2IR.jpg

TTG

I think I need a convertible supercar, I just realized I must have spent a total of about 10 minutes in them, which is a shame. How do I put the top down anyway?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Are you sure ? My xbox account is silver, so I cannot upload any photos to the social club....but I was able to progress through all the SP content without any issues.

Yeah, you don't need to be connected to take photos for SP missions.

So after stealing Cargobob from Fort Zancudo and stashing it in my garage...what to do next? I haven't gotten any text or a mission update. I'm running around the city and nothing. Is this glitched?

Edit: I'm in the mission where
I crash Floyd's place and steal a submarine

:lol @ the women being creeps by the workout benches on Vespucci beach

NwEptrQ.jpg

FcnnYTU.jpg

This entire area feels extremely underused, btw. Only 2 stores and a tennis court to interact with? There should've been way more little interactive food carts, novelty clothing shops, mini-games, etc. around there. All the shops are there, you just can't do anything with them. Sleeping Dogs did a better job emulating the dense interactive "bustling marketplace" area.

Clockwork5

Agreed. It is far too common and too severe.

Has anyone called a character they can see on screen and have it go through?

When I called amanda while next to her in the house, it went to answering machine. I imagine that always happens...

Top Bottom