• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Hmm, I know what missing is next, are you sure there isn't some phone call mission meant to happen for one of the other characters? Have you tried calling Michael with one of the other players? If not, take Trevor to Michaels house and see if that starts anything, i know either of those two starts the next mission.

Michael's phone is constantly engaged, and his house is shut right up. No open windows, garage is locked & front door is locked. Michael has disappeared.

I last left Michael snooping around Franklin's house, after dropping Franklin off after the previous mission.

Thanks for trying to help, but I think I'm going to have to face up the possibility that Rockstar have dropped the ball big time with this GTA:O update, and messed up my save game. Of course, I should have had a back up save, so I didn't have to run the risk of this happening... lesson learned.

Thaedolus

Soooo...after the online update my single player is fucked where I can't change my character from Trevor and I can't start any missions. It sounds like this issue is hitting multiple people, can anyone direct me to where solutions lie?

Has anyone had the online patch break their main story progress?

I installed the patch yesterday, tried to play online a few times, failed, and then started playing as Michael. I'm at 55%.

The next main story missions showing a "T" and "L". Trying to avoid the Lester assassination mission for now...

The "T" mission is right around the corner from the Vanilla Strip Club. I've gone to it with all 3 characters (it shows on the map in all 3 colors and is labeled Trevor), climbed the building, tried everything. Can't get this mission to start/launch/progress.

Is my save broken? Or is there something else I need to do? I can't find anything else to do except side missions (which work).

Thanks.

It's inside the club, at the back in the mangers office.

I'm reposting my rant from another thread, had too much coffee, whatever.

Reminds me of the "perfect game" TLOU. Got to Bill's town, the game literally stopped showing. (Things around my character started dissapearing, then the game stalled.) Deleted all save files, and played back to that point, same thing happened. Reset my ps3's hard drive, same thing happened. Played the different versions 1.0 and 1.3, same thing happened. Bought new copy, same thing happened. None the less, this game is considered by many to be perfect.

Now there is GTAV with the garage glitch, and a spotty at best online, which somehow got past the legions of play testers and reviewers who gave this thing a perfect score.

I'm sorry, but doesn't a perfect score indicate (at a minimum) that the thing at least performs correctly?

When Citizen Kane was released, there weren't any problems with the reels of film it was printed on, neither does the blu-ray stall when I load it into my blu-ray player.

Game developers who want this industry to "evolve" should be wary of this fact.

deli2000

I'm sorry, but doesn't a perfect score indicate (at a minimum) that the thing at least performs correctly?

When Citizen Kane was released, there weren't any problems with the reels of film it was printed on, neither does the blu-ray stall when I load it into my blu-ray player.

This is one of the most ridiclous posts i've ever read.

Oozer3993

After IV only had, what, 2 different different kinds of flyable aircraft (both helicopters), it's great to have a GTA game where there are a whole slew of aircraft. You can even fly the jumbo jet! (Press Y or Triangle while under the wheels)

Now there is GTAV with the garage glitch, and a spotty at best online, which somehow got past the legions of play testers and reviewers who gave this thing a perfect score.

You just compared GTA V to what is commonly referred to as the best film of all time. The two are entirely different forms of media.

This is one of the most ridiclous posts i've ever read.

If the game can't function the way it's designed to, if you bought something that doesn't work the way it was intended, it doesn't deserve a perfect score, regardless of how good it is. Give it a 9.9, whatever. Just not "perfect."

You just compared GTA V to what is commonly referred to as the best film of all time. The two are entirely different forms of media.

I compared it to Citizen Kane because of all the jokes recently about "Citizen Kane" moments in gaming. My point was that if these reviewers want to hand out perfect scores and laud praise on a game, that game, at a mimimum, should function correctly when released.

deli2000

If the game can't function the way it's designed to, if you bought something that doesn't work the way it was intended, it doesn't deserve a perfect score, regardless of how good it is. Give it a 9.9, whatever. Just not "perfect."

A Perfect score can mean anything it damn wants to a reviewer.

And my irony meter just exploded when you whined about poor game reviews and then tried to compare a video game to CITIZEN KANE.

So yes, in a sea of ridiculous posts, yours stands out.

The rubber banding used during that last Triathlon is hilarious you get to cycle stage they magically launch ahead of you. Then get to running and do nothing what pointless AI cheating it ends up for nothing
I tried really hard the entire race thinking okay this last one they upped the difficulty. Then you get to the bicycle section and the AI has fucking random NOS boosts where they fly ahead of you and disappear into the distance. I swear near the end of the cycling section I said ok no way im winning this fuck you rockstar. Then I arrive at the running section and the dude is just standing there waiting for me to arrive then he starts running. I manage to get ahead of him and then the last 5 meters the dude surges right behind my asshole and I barely win. I swear rock star scripted that entire race to piss you off.

A Perfect score can mean anything it damn wants to a reviewer.

And my irony meter just exploded when you whined about poor game reviews and then tried to compare a video game to CITIZEN KANE.

So yes, in a sea of ridiculous posts, your's stands out.

In a sea of bad grammar, your's stands out.

Yet again, I compared it to Citizen Kane because of all the recent humor, combined with the fact that many consider it to be a perfect film. Part of that perfect score is the fact that it worked like it should. I understand a functioning video game is a more complicated process than a film, however a perfect score shouldn't be given to something that is imperfect. The score is up to the reviewers discretion, but when all the dominant voices in the industry (I'm looking at you, IGN) call GTA V "perfect," then that's what it is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I tried really hard the entire race thinking okay this last one they upped the difficulty. Then you get to the bicycle section and the AI has fucking random NOS boosts where they fly ahead of you and disappear into the distance. I swear near the end of the cycling section I said ok no way im winning this fuck you rockstar. Then I arrive at the running section and the dude is just standing there waiting for me to arrive then he starts running. I manage to get ahead of him and then the last 5 meters the dude surges right behind my asshole and I barely win. I swear rock star scripted that entire race to piss you off.

Yeah, it's super weird. I had to do it twice because I accidentally quit out, but the first time I was actually in first during the cycling. The second, I was in third for most of it and the guy in first was MASSIVELY ahead. On the map he was basically 2 entire streets beyond everyone else and I still kept getting passed by nitro cyclists. Then I reached the running and somehow got in first place right away and made a solid lead.

In a sea of bad grammar, your's stands out.

Yet again, I compared it to Citizen Kane because of all the recent humor, combined with the fact that many consider it to be a perfect film. Part of that perfect score is the fact that it worked like it should. I understand a functioning video game is a more complicated process than a film, however a perfect score shouldn't be given to something that is imperfect. The score is up to the reviewers discretion, but when all the dominant voices in the industry (I'm looking at you, IGN) call GTA V "perfect," then that's what it is.

Soooo...after the online update my single player is fucked where I can't change my character from Trevor and I can't start any missions. It sounds like this issue is hitting multiple people, can anyone direct me to where solutions lie?

Same thing is happening to me but I'm stuck on Michael. I heard reloading an earlier save might work but it didn't for me. I also read somewhere that it might work if you call one of the other playable characters and hang out with them it might work when you drop them off but that didn't work for me either.

Post game question:

I got an email from Don Percival from Merrywather thanking me for taking out Devin and saying he could buy back stock from his company from the temporary low price and make money back. Does the stock go back up, how long does it take?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I rented this game from Redbox and spent about 3 hours playing it yesterday. Dear God, this game is extremely boring. I don't say this to stir up commotion, but I legitimately found myself struggling to play any further. The last mission I did was the one where Michael's son sells his boat, and quite honestly the missions seem just as boring as they were in the previous GTAs. Drive to X pick up Y shoot Z mission complete. Or drive to X chase Y kill Z mission complete. Or escape X go to Y pick up Z mission complete.

The world seemed really well realized from the short amount I played, but I just can't get excited about a game whose missions are so utterly mundane.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'm nearing the end (only four missions left!) and have a silly yet valid question:

can I go back and do all the stranger sidequests and trophies once i've completed the game?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm nearing the end (only four missions left!) and have a silly yet valid question:

can I go back and do all the stranger sidequests and trophies once i've completed the game?

Yup, everything will be as it was outside of the story missions, I will give you one spoiler though incase it isn't clear when you get to that part.
Choose option C

lil smoke

Banned
20 minutes into the last triathlon, almost done with the cycle leg and AI jumps out of the corner, I run her over and race is over for me. F' that

There seems to be a lot of this kind of scripted wrong place at the wrong time type stuff designed into the game.

Why the F should I get arrested for hitting Y getting out of a cab? Just take $5, obviously wrong button, who the fuck plays GTA to rip off cabs all day. I get off 4 stars after a mission, try to chillax a cab to finish the mission. Get out. Run for my life... again. Lose mission. WTF?

More importantly.

FIX the cab ride. THIS is the stupidest thing I have EVER seen. You can't hurry it for shit. It just gets stuck onto other cars, and it seems that it tries to. Like R* scripted this in to prevent you from hurrying cab rides. WELL DON'T PUT IT IN THEN.

The AI behind the cabbie is the worse I have ever seen, it is 100% broken.

Funny, it worked perfect in Liberty City , where one might think it would be harder to implement.

The oversights in this game really hurt.

BadHand

There seems to be a lot of this kind of scripted wrong place at the wrong time type stuff designed into the game.

Why the F should I get arrested for hitting Y getting out of a cab? Just take $5, obviously wrong button, who the fuck plays GTA to rip off cabs all day. I get off 4 stars after a mission, try to chillax a cab to finish the mission. Get out. Run for my life... again. Lose mission. WTF?

More importantly.

FIX the cab ride. THIS is the stupidest thing I have EVER seen. You can't hurry it for shit. It just gets stuck onto other cars, and it seems that it tries to. Like R* scripted this in to prevent you from hurrying cab rides. WELL DON'T PUT IT IN THEN.

The AI behind the cabbie is the worse I have ever seen, it is 100% broken.

Funny, it worked perfect in Liberty City , where one might think it would be harder to implement.

The oversights in this game really hurt.

just skip the journey, it isn't a huge extra cost and I can't say the cab ride is enjoyable in anyway.

lil smoke

Banned
just skip the journey, it isn't a huge extra cost and I can't say the cab ride is enjoyable in anyway.

Twice I have skipped and never got back from loading screen.

The cab rides were enjoyable in IV because they actually worked. The cabbie would haul ass, he did not care, women, children, curbs or grass, he was getting there, fast.

Jhoan

I rented this game from Redbox and spent about 3 hours playing it yesterday. Dear God, this game is extremely boring. I don't say this to stir up commotion, but I legitimately found myself struggling to play any further. The last mission I did was the one where Michael's son sells his boat, and quite honestly the missions seem just as boring as they were in the previous GTAs. Drive to X pick up Y shoot Z mission complete. Or drive to X chase Y kill Z mission complete. Or escape X go to Y pick up Z mission complete.

The world seemed really well realized from the short amount I played, but I just can't get excited about a game whose missions are so utterly mundane.
I have to admit, as soon as I beat it, I got bored of it when I went back and popped it in again to do a few side stuff and see the post-game events last weekend. I'm not even going to touch GTA Online until it gets patched. The game does have indeed have the same old rote mission designs as past Rockstar games.

However, the Strangers and Freaks missions are pretty varied and the heists are pretty fun so I would say to give it a little bit more time to warm to it as the game opens up more and more. Given that you've said you're not a fan of the series numerous times, maybe your enjoyment of the game isn't going to get any better.

Twice I have skipped and never got back from loading screen.

The cab rides were enjoyable in IV because they actually worked. The cabbie would haul ass, he did not care, women, children, curbs or grass, he was getting there, fast.
Lol I remember those cabbies in IV being ruthless when you chose the hurry option. I agree in V I've barely noticed any kind of speed boost and they follow the rules of the road which is kind of boring to watch. I always skip and have never had a problem.

haikira

Anyone know if any of the radio adverts have been uploaded? Didn't have any luck searching YouTube, so I'm guessing not. Just thought I'd ask. Really wanted to let a friend hear a few, especially the soccer one.

Is there any to restart a bail bond mission? I accidentally killed the first guy.

What's the bonus of bringing them in alive?

Don't think so but I did the same. I rammed him and overturned his car against a rock. He got out and was thrown under the car when a tire blew and sent the car down a level crushing him. Was hilarious.

You get more money bringing them in alive.

You've barely started the game. Do a couple of heists before you write it off.

Can I actually update the game on the PS3 with the new patch if I am not going to bother with Online for the next few weeks? I do not want my SP to get bugged by not being able to complete missions or switch characters.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I have to admit, as soon as I beat it, I got bored of it when I went back and popped it in again to do a few side stuff and see the post-game events last weekend. I'm not even going to touch GTA Online until it gets patched. The game does have indeed have the same old rote mission designs as past Rockstar games.

However, the Strangers and Freaks missions are pretty varied and the heists are pretty fun so I would say to give it a little bit more time to warm to it as the game opens up more and more. Given that you've said you're not a fan of the series numerous times, maybe your enjoyment of the game isn't going to get any better.

I think this is my main issue. My enjoyment of the GTA games subsided significantly after Vice City, which I consider to be the best GTA game. Maybe I've just outgrown this series? That would be pretty sad, but it's the one reason I can think of that would explain why I didn't enjoy SA nor IV.

GutsOfThor

Don't think so but I did the same. I rammed him and overturned his car against a rock. He got out and was thrown under the car when a tire blew and sent the car down a level crushing him. Was hilarious.

You get more money bringing them in alive.

LOL!

That sucks you can't restart but oh well. If you kill one does Maude no longer work with you? I've been waiting for a while now for her question mark to show up but nothing.

fallingdove

Just finished GTAV last night. It started out GOTG for me, ended up top 5. If only the helicopter/plane controls weren't so god awful.

At any rate - I really enjoyed the cutscenes. I know some gaffers thought they were boring but I watched them all. The characterization was just so excellent. There is one particular exchange between Trevor and Franklin towards the end of the game where Trevor is threatening to kill Franklin one second and then asking for a hug the next that I thought, damn, between this game and TLOU, voice acting, animation, and characterization were one some of the real evolutions this gen.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait...are there any car races in the game other than the first one you do with frank? I can't find any... All I see are boat and atv races.

What the hell happened to the Fruit stock?

I'm doing one of Lester missions where he advises to buy Fruit stock, except there's no Fruit stock on the market oO

BadHand

I like the plane controls, once you get it down you can make sharp turns using knife/rudder. It's helicopter that I'm struggling with, particularly landing them (it's such a clumsy process)

Wait...are there any car races in the game other than the first one you do with frank? I can't find any... All I see are boat and atv races.

Yes there are several. You have to wait for SMS messages before they trigger.

Yerolo

I think I have just come to the realisation I will never be able to get 3 medals in each of the shooting ranges, as my free aim controller skills are just rubbish

No 100% for me :(

Top Bottom