• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Maybe since mulitplayer is supposed to revolve around customization. Just my opinion. I really don't think GTAO will last long, though.

Well it isn't just those sort of customisations. Car tracking, you can see your car on the map wherever you leave it and come back anytime, and lets not forget we can insure them, if the car is impounded you actually have to go get it back rather than just pay and there it is.

Why can't we do these things in single player?

StuBurns

Banned
Ten minutes into the last triathlon, I press right on the dpad hoping it'd turn the brightness up on my bike light, and it instantly ends the race.

FUCK THAT

Peco

Thank you again GlamFM, you truly are the best.
Also thanks to NeoGAF, such a great place full of good, passionate people. I can finally say it: this is home for me.

Ten minutes into the last triathlon, I press right on the dpad hoping it'd turn the brightness up on my bike light, and it instantly ends the race.

FUCK THAT

Ouch!

Gbmbw7Y.gif

Barnzini

Neo Member

FUCK THAT

I did the same thing...pretty much as soon as jumped on the bike and noticed it was starting to get dark. It put me on tilt and i cbf doing again.

haikira

FUCK THAT

As someone who suffers from, don't push the red button syndrome, I really wish I didn't know this now.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Social Club says I have a bunch of Strangers & Freaks missions left to do, but I can't see any of them on the map. How do I get to them? Do I have to finish the collectathons to unlock more? Those should really be the last ones you get, or at least not block access to other ones, given that they're impossible to complete without cheating and looking at the map on the site (no iFruit app for Android, so no way to train Chop to help you find shit).

duckroll

FUCK THAT

Yeah these contextual controls can get REALLY shitty at times. I'm sure everyone has also run into the issue where after you finish a mission where you have to get out of a car or "leave the area", you start running and mashing X, only to sometimes fuck up and cancel an incoming call which concludes the story conversation because.... X is also cancel. Terrible.

rallaren

DAMMIT GLAM

No need for stealth.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51500/gtav-title-update-details.html

• Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
I found out after completing that the upgrades for the characters personal vehicles stays. On the other hand it made me use other vehicles more but at the cost of a less smooth game experience.

I played several hours of GTA IV yesterday and it's like going back to a dull and tedious GTA III (comparing to V). I have not tried the expansions yet.

garrickk

Has anyone had the online patch break their main story progress?

I installed the patch yesterday, tried to play online a few times, failed, and then started playing as Michael. I'm at 55%.

The next main story missions showing a "T" and "L". Trying to avoid the Lester assassination mission for now...

The "T" mission is right around the corner from the Vanilla Strip Club. I've gone to it with all 3 characters (it shows on the map in all 3 colors and is labeled Trevor), climbed the building, tried everything. Can't get this mission to start/launch/progress.

Is my save broken? Or is there something else I need to do? I can't find anything else to do except side missions (which work).

Thanks.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I installed the patch yesterday, tried to play online a few times, failed, and then started playing as Michael. I'm at 55%.

The next main story missions showing a "T" and "L". Trying to avoid the Lester assassination mission for now...

The "T" mission is right around the corner from the Vanilla Strip Club. I've gone to it with all 3 characters (it shows on the map in all 3 colors and is labeled Trevor), climbed the building, tried everything. Can't get this mission to start/launch/progress.

Is my save broken? Or is there something else I need to do? I can't find anything else to do except side missions (which work).

Thanks.

Sure it isn't inside the club?

scarlet

Thanks.

some people on GAF got their save corrupted

Xevren

Don't think I will ever end up finishing these stupid photo op missions just because the shit is always down. I fucking love this game but why did they have to tie that into a mission? It's not fun doing a chase resulting in a failure that's not your fault.

kiyomi

Yeah these contextual controls can get REALLY shitty at times. I'm sure everyone has also run into the issue where after you finish a mission where you have to get out of a car or "leave the area", you start running and mashing X, only to sometimes fuck up and cancel an incoming call which concludes the story conversation because.... X is also cancel. Terrible.

I've ended far too many phone calls because I hit Circle, trying to take myself out of the cinematic camera angle.

garrickk

some people on GAF got their save corrupted
Pretty sure. Checked all of it. Climbed the building to be precisely on top of the "T", and inside the club, you can't get close to it.

The corrupted save files I've read about were files that couldn't open, although I did find a random forum poster on another site mention that some people were having main-story progression issues, but couldn't find any specifics.

Anson225

ok so now the car bug is (hopefully) fixed I am starting to buy and mod cars
so my question is does my bought cars go to the impound or back to the garage (the one that u need to press a button to enter) if I just leave it on the street/go on missions etc?

Odd that they left the infinite money glitch under water on the boat.

???

If you have enough money to buy a place you can get it for free:

1. Confirm a purchase
  2. Right when it starts showing you the property (camera change from you to the property for the overview) hit start.
  3. Go to "Game"
  4. "Replay Mission"
  5. Replay either Boilersuits (mission 34) or Masks (mission 35) (it can be ANY mission, but those 2 are by far the fastest)
  6. Complete mission
  7. It'll deduct the money from the story mode
  8. It'll load you back to the property with your proper money amount loaded with no money lost.

FUCK THAT

Lmfao, I did that one too. Exactly that. Rofl.

Omg, I just had one of those moments where I wish I had PS4's share feature. I was speeding down the highway when a random encounter popped involving someone stealing the lady's pink car. I was already going so fast that I just t-boned the guy so hard that he drove into the hookies sign and the car immediately flew into the sky. 5 seconds later it finally drops back onto the highway and the thief just steps out.

red731

Thank you again GlamFM, you truly are the best.
Also thanks to NeoGAF, such a great place full of good, passionate people. I can finally say it: this is home for me.

So Glam was in really good mood as he wrote :)
Great to hear that you are happy nfa and GlamFM, you are awesome.

BadHand

I thought as much.

But I picked up Trevor (as Michael) to go to the bar after the final mission and
Michael apologized to Trevor and offered to give all his proceeds from the heist to Trevor because "it wasn't about the money", Trevor declined for the same reasons.

So I thought it may be possible.

I found this in the comment section of a verge article about the stock market. I'm going to try it when I'm done my 100%. Makes sense. I don't know why people need all these billions of dollars in game but whatever.

There’s also another trick where you take snapshots of the stock prices, save the game, wait 4-8 game hours, snap another shot, reload the save and invest heavily in the companies that experience the most growth.

PriitV

FUCK THAT
20 minutes into the last triathlon, almost done with the cycle leg and AI jumps out of the corner, I run her over and race is over for me. F' that

mack999

Banned
Social Club says I have a bunch of Strangers & Freaks missions left to do, but I can't see any of them on the map. How do I get to them? Do I have to finish the collectathons to unlock more? Those should really be the last ones you get, or at least not block access to other ones, given that they're impossible to complete without cheating and looking at the map on the site (no iFruit app for Android, so no way to train Chop to help you find shit).

The fella who gives you the house for sale sign mission has 3 or 4 more missions once you get the 15 signs.

Have Rockstar mentioned anything about the corrupted save issue? While I WILL play through singleplayer again, I'd like to be able to finish my 1st playthrough (especially considering the point I was at - planning Final Heist)!

Pretty sure. Checked all of it. Climbed the building to be precisely on top of the "T", and inside the club, you can't get close to it.

The corrupted save files I've read about were files that couldn't open, although I did find a random forum poster on another site mention that some people were having main-story progression issues, but couldn't find any specifics.

On the Radial Menu Michael is unselectable - even though he has 2 mission flagged on the menu itself. Franklin & Trevor both have 1 mission, but no mission waypoints appear on the main map. I'm pretty sure I'm near the final and there is no way to advance the point I'm at, as it's waiting for Michael to continue the Main Story line mission, but it isn't possible to select him.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Have Rockstar mentioned anything about the corrupted save issue? While I WILL play through singleplayer again, I'd like to be able to finish my 1st playthrough (especially considering the point I was at - planning Final Heist)!

On the Radial Menu Michael is unselectable - even though he has 2 mission flagged on the menu itself. Franklin & Trevor both have 1 mission, but no mission waypoints appear on the main map. I'm pretty sure I'm near the final and there is no way to advance the point I'm at, as it's waiting for Michael to continue the Main Story line mission, but it isn't possible to select him.

If you go to http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist what was the last mission you did and what does it say the next one is?

Hunter S.

After Borderlands, you'd think R* would realize people like a way to transfer money and items (cars) between characters.

Well, this is more character focused, they set them up with their own stories. They are supposed to be very unique. This game is nothing like Borderlands.

StuBurns

Banned
As someone who suffers from, don't push the red button syndrome, I really wish I didn't know this now.
I just tried it again (finished first, 26:52), and O is the helicopter view of the race, I pressed it by mistake at one point, and pressed it again to get back, and I'd suddenly turned 180 degrees to the right and had dropped from first to last.

Two 'red buttons' for you.

Certinty

Before I go any further, can someone confirm I can get 100% without buying the golf club? I figure that there might be a mission or something attached to buying it.

Hunter S.

Omg, I just had one of those moments where I wish I had PS4's share feature. I was speeding down the highway when a random encounter popped involving someone stealing the lady's pink car. I was already going so fast that I just t-boned the guy so hard that he drove into the hookies sign and the car immediately flew into the sky. 5 seconds later it finally drops back onto the highway and the thief just steps out.

They had a glitch lie this in GTA IV. I was hoping to find one in GTA V. When online my friends and I would drive to the location slam into it until they are projected at random height and distance into the air. It is so fun. Has to be a good spot to do this any time in this game? Any one?

2 small things they should patch in on the map

1) Note that pops up when you hover over an icon that is only relevant at certain times of day
2) Note that tells you when a property is only buyable by a certain character

Actually, 2) is already in-game: proprieties you can't buy with the character you're controlling have a "greyed/darker" icon.

That goddamm Coyote Cross Country Triathlon !

Glad I got gold in it 1st go...as I never, ever want to touch the triathlons again after that

Me either, I thought I was going to lose too when one of the NPCs blew past me on the cycling portion and I later crashed a couple times leaving him a huge lead but then on the final stretch with the running portion he completely ran out of gas and I ended up coming in first.

FUCK THAT

Happened to me about 11 minutes in when I accidentally tapped it, it's fucking stupid that it happens if you just tap it, it shouldn't cancel unless it's held for a second or two.

Now to finish the under the bridge crap...

Hystzen

The rubber banding used during that last Triathlon is hilarious you get to cycle stage they magically launch ahead of you. Then get to running and do nothing what pointless AI cheating it ends up for nothing

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Last Mission was
surveying-the-score
next one is 'locked'. I might trying replaying the last mission, but I'm not sure if that'll retrigger scripts, or just be an isolated play.

Hmm, I know what missing is next, are you sure there isn't some phone call mission meant to happen for one of the other characters? Have you tried calling Michael with one of the other players? If not, take Trevor to Michaels house and see if that starts anything, i know either of those two starts the next mission.

Top Bottom