• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

DjRoomba

Banned
Im gonna be honest, I actually felt a little underwhelmed having just finished the story. It just ended alot quicker than I thought it would. I understand there's still alot of post-game stuff to do, but I dunno things ended kinda sudden.
And it felt like a lot of parts of the map were unused in missions, and underwater diving was almost not used.

SonnyBoy

The game is telling me that Trevor and Mike are laying low so I can't switch to them. Obviously I'm in control of Franklin and there's a green "M" at Michaels house. I traveled to it but there's no yellow area to iniare the mission.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Dead Man

The game is telling me that Trevor and Mike are laying low so I can't switch to them. Obviously I'm in control of Franklin and there's a green "M" at Michaels house. I traveled to it but there's no yellow area to iniare the mission.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

If you go to the front door Frank should knock and then phone Michael I think.

Anson225

hi guys... 2 quick questions.
if i bought i car and just left it on the street/go on missions, does it go to the impound of my garage (the big one where you need to press a button to enter) afterwards

what exactly is combat jog lol? not sure if i've ever performed it... how does it work?

hi guys... 2 quick questions.
if i bought i car and just left it on the street/go on missions, does it go to the impound of my garage (the big one where you need to press a button to enter) afterwards

what exactly is combat jog lol? not sure if i've ever performed it... how does it work?

Cars left outside of garages go to the impound; cars only go to the four-car garages if you purchase them or place them in there. The impound is not 100% reliable though; if you have a car you want to save, place it in the character's four-car garage. It's also good to leave a space in those garages for a new car; if the garage is full, you can place more inside and if you enter the garage, any car you left outside will vanish by the time you exit.

The combat jog starts you you fire a weapon without pulling the "aim" trigger, but it's only temporary unless you continue firing or half-pull the "fire" trigger. While pulling the "fire" trigger halfway, you can aim an do the combat jog which it faster (yet less accurate) than using the "aim" trigger. Just pull the "fire" trigger the rest of the way to shoot.

If you're using the alternate shoulder button mode on PS3, you won't be able to use the half-pull method.

tengiants

That's the point!

I agree with you Maidenpool, and don't think that you're comparison to Citizen Kane is THAT unfair.

Even if it was unfair, your point still stands. I have seen countless glitches in this game during my one play through. I've had to reset several missions to no fault of my own because some weird scripted mission anomaly. I've been stuck in the geometry and had to reset 3 times now. I've had 2 hard crashes offline. I've had 10 hard crashes trying to play online. I've played probably less than 40 hours. It's crazy.

I understand Rockstar dreams big, but an additional couple months dev time to iron some of this out wouldn't have made me mad.

Megasoum

Banned
So huh I bought a Veyron wanabe and modified it to the maximum... I parked it in my garage (the Grove Street garage) then I took it out for a spin and got wasted (the dead kind)...so I'm pretty much boned now? It's not in the garage or the impound.

Have any of you guys had issues with the sea races not showing up on the map?

I've beaten the main story mission and most of the strangers and freaks missions, so I'm assuming I've stumbled across a glitch or something if they're still not active.

Gadirok

Have any of you guys had issues with the sea races not showing up on the map?

I've beaten the main story mission and most of the strangers and freaks missions, so I'm assuming I've stumbled across a glitch or something if they're still not active.

Yeah, don't embarass yourself by contacting R* social like I did.

I thought the street races were a glitch when they never showed up in my map. Then I realized theres a reason street races happen at night.

And I usually don't play GTA V free roaming at night.

Its all about the timing.

BAWSAQ is down still? What the blazes.

P.S. This is awesome:

BVhwlnvCcAAMOwO.jpg

Yeah, don't embarass yourself by contacting R* social like I did.

I thought the street races were a glitch when they never showed up in my map. Then I realized theres a reason street races happen at night.

And I usually don't play GTA V free roaming at night.

Its all about the timing.
I have street races. I just don't have the sea races when I hop on a jetski.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Oh no! I picked up a hooker and right when it started to get good, the game glitched where Michael was floating above the car and everything was frozen. Had to quit the game.

Can someone explain the point of the sub plot with Michael's family?

So, he drove his family away because his anger issues and psychopathic tendencies were subverting all of his attempts to live a normal family life. His family comes back to him out of nowhere, for no reason. Michael doesn't evolve as a character, he doesn't really learn anything, and the same issues that drove the family away now somehow unite them. What was the point?

So, he drove his family away because his anger issues and psychopathic tendencies were subverting all of his attempts to live a normal family life. His family comes back to him out of nowhere, for no reason. Michael doesn't evolve as a character, he doesn't really learn anything, and the same issues that drove the family away now somehow unite them. What was the point?

There was no point. Just shit writing.

So I start the game and agree to the update, then the screen goes black and the only way I can turn off the PS3 is to unplug the system. What the hell?

Guys please I have one bridge I can't seem to find to fly under. Is there any way to find it through the social club or something? I've followed a YouTube video and done them all and I still can't figure out which one im missing!! Is it a glitch or something? 49 out of 50.:(

Just play the game, bruh. Don't try to make too much sense of what's going on. Take each individual scene as it's own short thing, and move along.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The whole backstory of that is pretty much all on lifeinvader.
Basically everyone just hated Fabien even more and missed Michael.

Brizzo24

I wish the sailing was more like this:

32RxQJ2.jpg

I don't need the broomsticks on the sides of the boat or anything, just the ability to hoist the sail and succumb to the mercy of the wind. There's no need to hold the right trigger to 'gas' a sailboat :(

That's probably my only complaint about GTAV

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GTA question: how does the vehicle saving work? If I park a vehicle in my garage and then take it out and crash it will it reappear in my garage? Saints Row works like this. But I just got a plane with Trevor and instead of driving across the map I want to fly to where I need to go and then just jump out of the plane. But I'm worried that my plane will be gone then. And if that's how it works then that is ultra dumb cause using a plane as then having to safely land and park it back in a hanger is not fun. That's Euro Truck Simulator level stuff and it doesn't belong in my GTA game.

H2Yo

Gaf, I need help. I have a feeling my game has bugged out and I'm ~35 hours in.
After completed the first mission for Devon:
Stealing the 2 cars from the Rich kids
, Devon says that he will get Michael in touch with Solomon.

Now, I saw the S on the map but had to call it a night so I saved and quit.

I come back and the S is no where to be seen and what's worse is after I have completed the main mission
where you have to scope for the Gold Bars Heist
, the only mission available to me is a Franklin's Lester Stock mission.

I can't seem to continue on. I have tried Googling for an answer but it doesn't seem people are having the same issue. Is there something I'm not doing right?

MormaPope

Banned
There was no point. Just shit writing.

C'mon dude. GTA V never aspires to be something it isn't. This is a game where one of the main characters fucks a teddy bear in it's eye and cums in it. I'll never understand the vitriol that gets thrown at every single Rockstar release regarding writing and characterization.

It would be one thing if the writers and the Houser brothers constantly talked about how their writing style trumps other developer's, but they don't. I can't recall them ever making comments like that. Then there are people who say they loved Red Dead Redemption's story or past GTA stories, then in the same breath they curse Dan Houser. Even though he's been involved with the writing and story process since Vice City I believe.

Simply saying "shit writing" is such a toxic and lazy assertion. Michael, Trevor, Lester, and Lemar outclass every GTA character from the past. The writing and tone in general is legitimately hilarious.

Just noticed that Trevor gets more space for vehicles than any of the other characters. 4 cars at the strip club+ 1 jeep plus the four car garage and the garage in blaine county then the helipad and a hanger that can store 2 panes

Dead

well not really...yet
Ffff I can't find an infernus anywhere. When I'm in the middle of a mission those fuckers are everywhere

MormaPope

Banned
sigh. Wow, guy. Your post is all over the place.

Firstly, we do not have the exact same writing team from RDR here.

Secondly, not only did he not even bring up RDR or Dan Houser's writing in that game, but having great writing in RDR does not exempt every game thereafter with a senseless plot from valid criticism, comedy or not.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure you did not survey every person to validate whether or not they praised and criticized Dan in the same breath. Come on.

Did I address you or anyone specifically with that sentence? I was talking from past experience. Don't know why you took my post personally when I never addressed anyone specifically.

Siegmeyer

Guys please I have one bridge I can't seem to find to fly under. Is there any way to find it through the social club or something? I've followed a YouTube video and done them all and I still can't figure out which one im missing!! Is it a glitch or something? 49 out of 50.:(

I followed a vid too, and it seems some are a bit fiddly. If the runners so much as skim the water it won't count.

Also on the vid I followed he'd put his waypoint on the map before flying through, yet on at least one he put the marker on the wrong bridge a few cm away. Wasn't until I watched the vid more closely that I saw I was trying to go under the wrong bridge.

Top Bottom