• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I followed a vid too, and it seems some are a bit fiddly. If the runners so much as skim the water it won't count.

Also on the vid I followed he'd put his waypoint on the map before flying through, yet on at least one he put the marker on the wrong bridge a few cm away. Wasn't until I watched the vid more closely that I saw I was trying to go under the wrong bridge.
Dude I just did another go through of all 50 and the very last bridge I did (of course) registered and I got the 50th one. I used the buzzer because it is the smallest and made not touching any walls easiest.

50 spaceship parts & 50 letters and I'm 100% (real 100%) and then I'm going online. Hopefully by the weekend issues are resolved.

Shoogoo

I have $50-something on my xbox account and I figured I'd buy GTA V off the marketplace. Anyone knows when it will be up?

I know it could take weeks but I'm in no hurry.

MormaPope

Banned
I made an interpretation of the setting, world and humour at Save/Continue. I'm pretty proud of this one, and given the recent swathe of opinions on the game from people who haven't played it, I thought it would be nice to read one from someone who is.

Let it be known: I have no problem with people critiquing the message or integrity of this game. My only stipulation is that you have sufficiently sampled the game.

This is a fantastic write up and a very interesting interpretation. I personally don't know if I agree or disagree with it, it makes me question my thought process and feelings for the world and what's presented though.

I've been very cynical and apathetic towards United States culture and temperament in general. What's presented in GTA V doesn't really make me sad or disheartened, since the reality in GTA V's world is so apparent and defined. The realities and truths in our reality are easy to state but hard to define. GTA V doesn't shy away from human ugliness in regards to human behavior.

Detestable actions and detestable culture isn't just a throwaway element of GTA V, its part of GTA V's own nature. The game thrives on that ugliness, and its almost comforting that flawed and detestable human nature is in the spotlight, rather than there being some sort of duality where bad things happen for specific reasons, good or bad.

There aren't anti heroes with good intentions. There isn't positive reinforcement for any behavior exhibited in GTA V. And for a game to not back down on showcasing negativity and cynicism, makes GTA V oddly liberating.

Do you guys reckon it would give the game, and to an even greater extreme the story, more structure if the missions were more linear as opposed to being able to pick, say, between 2 to 3?

I think it would make the plot seem more cohesive, and would give way to delivering more creative freedom as to what can and can't be done in a story within an open world game.

Maybe even make it so that you are "forced" to do a certain number of missions, which follows a big chunk of story, and then the game let's you free roam again for a bit. That might do away with an issue that I never like in open world games where a character calls you up and is all like "Hey meet me here as fast as you can!" and you have the option to go "lol no" and free roam some more. That freedom is still great and all, but it creates that dissonance that when you then do finally meet up with said character to start a mission, they still act with that energy and haste as if they *just* got off the phone with you.

I don't know, that's just a pet peeve of mine, and I was just thinking of ways to possibly fix it. Carry on.

breakfuss

Sooooo, I'm pretty sure I just heard a random pedestrian say, "no, I don't miss your 10 inch dick because you sold my dog fufu". I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.. Something like that. Maybe I just need to go to sleep.

Dead

well not really...yet
Haha what the fuck

I was in the middle of
running the 5 miles in the desert for epsilon
when I saw a truck and out of nowhere some dude tased me and I woke up naked on the train tracks with the train coming right for me...

Edit: fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
I went back to my house to get my robes and they reset my mileage!
Noooooo

I'm going to try bringing this back up now to see if anyone agrees...

This game sets an all-time record for most fecal references/jokes in a game, ever.

Seriously. Every single time I play, poop is being brought up in conversations, radio commercials, missions, television, etc.

Dat fecal humor.

Jamie OD

Found a caravan that was rocking back and forth parked inside the windfarm. But if you drive to close an angry redneck with a shotgun gets out and goes after you.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm going to try bringing this back up now to see if anyone agrees...

This game sets an all-time record for most fecal references/jokes in a game, ever.

Seriously. Every single time I play, poop is being brought up in conversations, radio commercials, missions, television, etc.

Dat fecal humor.

Hamburger enema!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I made an interpretation of the setting, world and humour at Save/Continue. I'm pretty proud of this one, and given the recent swathe of opinions on the game from people who haven't played it, I thought it would be nice to read one from someone who is.

Let it be known: I have no problem with people critiquing the message or integrity of this game. My only stipulation is that you have sufficiently sampled the game.

I respect your opinion but I do disagree with it still, and it's kinda similar to what Jeff Cannata has been saying on Weekend Confirmed recently too. I totally agree that the game is abrasive and offensive and wrong minded. The characters are despicable fuckups through and through, liars, hypocrites, sadistic scumbags. The world is garish and loud and peopled with cartoonish characatures. everything is painted in broadly stereotyped strokes and is designed to offend.

But I love it, and here's why: I don't need to agree with something or personally 'like' it to enjoy it. Something I keep coming back to when thinking about this is the dual standard of listening to super heavy music. Sometimes music can be so heavy that it is phyisically painful to listen to, but at the same time fans of this genre love the slightly masochistic thrill of being pummelled by it, that catharsis of indulging in misery.

So it's with a similar mindset that I enjoy GTA. And not just the core gameplay. I love the nihilism at the centre of this world, the massive fuck you to everything, even the player. The game is willfully antagonistic and assholey and it's so much fun.

I think I'm a good person, and I don't think enjoying terrible things makes me a bad person at all. But all these articles about GTA being morally bankrupt and insinuating there's something wrong with the player for enjoying it are missing the point somewhat. Sometimes it's fun to just exist in this completely immoral mirror world and let lose with your dark side.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yesterday I did the Trevor mission where I had to
destroy the meth lab
. This was the first mission where I had some trouble, died a bunch of times.

Then
invaded the fame or shame set and hunted down Lazlow. Trevor bringing insanity from the country to the city.
Still have to get used to that, mission felt wacky in the wrong way.

Zeroxysm

Is there a way to delete the emails in game?

All of mine are gone for some reason so now I can't do the bounty mission because I have no idea where I'm supposed to go.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is there a way to delete the emails in game?

All of mine are gone for some reason so now I can't do the bounty mission because I have no idea where I'm supposed to go.

I think they disappear after a while, especially when you have properties, they get pushed off the inbox pretty quick. If I were you I'd just look up the bounties online.

Zeroxysm

I think they disappear after a while, especially when you have properties, they get pushed off the inbox pretty quick. If I were you I'd just look up the bounties online.

That's what I thought but the weird thing is that it's completely empty.

Even the weekly property email I just got a bit ago is gone.

scarlet

oh god that last triathlon was insane

i was 8th/8th when swimming, then 2nd/8th when cycling and of course i fell from my bike cause i thought there was a shortcut, drop to 6th end near the finish line i was 3rd, i ran my bike to guy in 2nd position, he fell so i was run neck to neck with number 1 early when running and then i won easy

that was fun!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played a little of the MP.

It seemed kind of cool, but it just reminded me that I don't like the vast majority multiplayer and am terrified of all these 'online single player' next gen games coming out. also sucks how much of a ghost town it turns the world into.

Hip Hop

I played a little of the MP.

It seemed kind of cool, but it just reminded me that I don't like the vast majority multiplayer and am terrified of all these 'online single player' next gen games coming out. also sucks how much of a ghost town it turns the world into.

I really can't wait for that to be a standard in gaming, honestly. I get that some players may not like it, but I truly enjoy it and embrace it. Games like Sim City add another level of depth when playing with people, simultaneously while you are growing a city. Games like The Division and Destiny are showing these great campaigns while adding immersion when other people join in. It feels alive. I get that there is "griefing" in parts of games, so developers should find ways around this without compromising online. What also needs to happen is a way to stop all these online issues. Maybe one day.

StuBurns

Banned
BAWSAQ is down still? What the blazes.

P.S. This is awesome:

BVhwlnvCcAAMOwO.jpg
Wow, Trevor was in Person of Interest last week I think.

Gawge

Just did "The Last One".

Surprised I haven't heard more people talk about that mission (last Strangers/Freaks).
With bigfoot and everything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really can't wait for that to be a standard in gaming, honestly. I get that some players may not like it, but I truly enjoy it and embrace it. Games like Sim City add another level of depth when playing with people, simultaneously while you are growing a city. Games like The Division and Destiny are showing these great campaigns while adding immersion when other people join in. It feels alive. I get that there is "griefing" in parts of games, so developers should find ways around this without compromising online. What also needs to happen is a way to stop all these online issues. Maybe one day.

We could not be on more seperate sides.
I play games to get away and lock myself from all of it. I haven't enjoyed multiplayer since the N64.

Omni

Just finished Michael's garage.

xgrf.png

Spent soo much money on customising all of them. The green and yellow ones are like rockets. So good

Darklord

Banned
What the fuck!! I just updated the game(first time I went onto XBL) and it reverted me hours back in the game. I'm two heists behind where I was last night!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny, I try to keep all the nice cars on Franklin because of his special ability, but it's like all the great sports cars always spawn when I'm on Michael, so I've unintentionally got like a Bullet, Vacca, Infernus, and a Dominator
0_0.jpg

and on Franklin I've got like ... a Coquette.

MattDoza

Ffff I can't find an infernus anywhere. When I'm in the middle of a mission those fuckers are everywhere
Grr! Me either! I found one with T and went to store it in my garage... It was full, so I parked it to free up a spot. Came out of the garage and it disappeared. Later found one with F and the game hard locked as I was driving to his garage.

scarlet

Grr! Me either! I found one with T and went to store it in my garage... It was full, so I parked it to free up a spot. Came out of the garage and it disappeared. Later found one with F and the game hard locked as I was driving to his garage.

Try at night around the golf course.

I switched to Trevor and he was on a little island surrounded by dead Lost MC members and he was wearing underpants and boots? Does it get explained or is it one "of those things"?

Also, I've started a mission to
break into the FIB building, I've done the casing and Janitor part as Michael, how do I trigger Franklin's part?

Fjordson

It's funny, I try to keep all the nice cars on Franklin because of his special ability, but it's like all the great sports cars always spawn when I'm on Michael, so I've unintentionally got like a Bullet, Vacca, Infernus, and a Dominator
0_0.jpg

and on Franklin I've got like ... a Coquette.
Damn, that looks dope.

I need to start tricking out my cars now that the glitch is (hopefully) fixed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The super cars are SO expensive to upgrade though. I think turbo's like 100k or something? or maybe it's 10k. Still. It's a lot.

rbanke

I beat the story the other night and I am now having the same feeling as I did with GTA 4. That being a feeling of 'aloneness'. I never felt that way in the previous games but these past two have had such great stories that after it all ends and I'm just left to mess around with the open world I feel very alone, so much that I feel like its a bummer that people aren't calling me constantly to do stuff and I just turn the game off. I'm having a difficult time explaining the feeling. I love this game and still have cool & interesting side things I could do but I feel unmotivated to explore any of it without a story behind me. I suppose GTA games for me are now stories peppered with interesting things to do, rather than all the previous games being the other way around. Is this a common feeling?

Top Bottom