• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Fuck...majorly fucked up the last epsilon mission...had no idea you could steal the cash. Sigh...have to reload and redo the pilgrimage...

I wanted to see what happens if you didn't steal the cash after I failed the first time... Forgot to make a back up save before starting the mission again.

nib95

Banned
So I bought the entire GTA V soundtrack collection. Suffice to say, it's probably my best music purchase this entire year. Which is bizarre. Seriously, amazing. All 3 volumes really. It's such an amazing variety and mix. Fantastic selection with lots of stand outs.

Go buy it people.

Dat face....

yYcx01X.gif

That's the botox melting off.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Gah! The game seems to have broken my lung capacity progression. I got it to 100 with Franklin, but he still starts drowning after less than 15 seconds underwater. What the heck?! GTA Online really screwed some things up.

And I'm really getting sick of the magic police. The sneaking mechanic because really pointless due to them. There are all these missions where you trespass, but if I sneak onto the airport in the middle of the night from the ocean, I get a magic 3-star wanted rating and there are police cars already driving on the runway. How hard is it NOT to do these things Rockstar?

I beat the story the other night and I am now having the same feeling as I did with GTA 4. That being a feeling of 'aloneness'. I never felt that way in the previous games but these past two have had such great stories that after it all ends and I'm just left to mess around with the open world I feel very alone, so much that I feel like its a bummer that people aren't calling me constantly to do stuff and I just turn the game off. I'm having a difficult time explaining the feeling. I love this game and still have cool & interesting side things I could do but I feel unmotivated to explore any of it without a story behind me. I suppose GTA games for me are now stories peppered with interesting things to do, rather than all the previous games being the other way around. Is this a common feeling?

yes when a game draws you in

At least when online works you will be doing missions with interactions with the same NPC characters from the SP game.

I also plan replaying the SP and taking more time and doing stuff like going on dates with amanda, checking lifeinvader postings that kind of thing. And doing the heists the opposite way, ie choose the other choice for each one.

Gah! The game seems to have broken my lung capacity progression. I got it to 100 with Franklin, but he still starts drowning after less than 15 seconds underwater. What the heck?! GTA Online really screwed some things up.

Yeah, I was cleaning up last night on stunt jumps getting to 100%, and I noticed that, all of a sudden, all of Franklin's weapons and ammo were just gone. And I'd just been playing with GTA:O before that, so pretty sure it was related to that in some way. And considering I'm one of those folks who tends to try and keep my ammo maxed at all times, that was quite a chunk of change I had to re-drop.

Onikaan

So do stolen aircraft save when you park them in your hangar? I just stole the Jet, parked it up and... it disappeared.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to advance the story now?
The last mission I did was take over the nightclub as Trevor. Michael is unavailable to pick.

I've made up my own alternate history of GTAV where Trevor is a scumbag club owner in the 80s

h5IRMp2.jpg

Screw how this game is forcing its wardrobe on me every time I switch back to the characters. Trevor is stuck in the 80s and I WON'T LET YOU TELL ME HOW TO DRESS HIM

H2Yo

Screw vanishing cars, I've got the worst bug you could imagine. I'm 58% through the game, with ~37 hours on the clock and my game is broken. No missions appear on the map, so the story cannot progress. So it means I have to restart the entire game.

When you complete Devon's mission I fought the Law..., he will tell Michael that he will get in contact with Solomon for him. After this scene, the S marker appears on the map. I decided to do Trevor's next mission Eye in the Sky and when the mission was complete the S disappeared.

Now no new missions appear. Solomon is in Michael's phone without having actually met him and a phone call with your psychiatrist has Michael talk about working with Solomon, which never actually happened.

I have seen online that a hell of a lot of people have experienced the same thing.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Edit: Hindsight is 20/20 but to avoid this game breaking bug, do the first Solomon mission Mr. Richards as soon as the S appears.

Joseca

Banned
If I put a cheat for example, appearing a car (because sometimes I'm in the middle of nowhere) does it block all the trophies? Because I remember in GTA IV for certain cheats, certain trophies would be blocked.

Also, if anyone hears East Los FM you're going to hear this song. I found kind of funny that this band is from my hometown, Culiacan (in Mexico). But it's also sad that everyone thinks that here that is the only music we hear and that the "narco" culture is the most popular in this state (Sinaloa). Another example is the Negro y Azul song from Breaking Bad made by Los Cuates de Sinaloa (surprises me that it appeared on Conan). Anyway it's just an observation haha.

Screw vanishing cars, I've got the worst bug you could imagine. I'm 58% through the game, with ~37 hours on the clock and my game is broken. No missions appear on the map, so the story cannot progress. So it means I have to restart the entire game.

When you complete Devon's mission I fought the Law..., he will tell Michael that he will get in contact with Solomon for him. After this scene, the S marker appears on the map. I decided to do Trevor's next mission Eye in the Sky and when the mission was complete the S disappeared.

Now no new missions appear. Solomon is in Michael's phone without having actually met him and a phone call with your psychiatrist has Michael talk about working with Solomon, which never actually happened.

I have seen online that a hell of a lot of people have experienced the same thing.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif[/IG]

Edit: Hindsight is 20/20 but to avoid this game breaking bug, do the first Solomon mission [B]Mr. Richards[/B] as soon as the S appears.[/QUOTE]

Did you try sleeping for a day or two or clearing your cache? Sometimes that causes the missions to reappear.

lush

The golf is ridiculously fun in this. How is everyone else doing in it? 7 under is my best. Wish you were able to bet on games against opponents.

Ianan

Caved in waiting for the PC version and got the game yesterday, glad I didn't wait. Game is something else, god tier!

Regret buying the PS3 version, pretty much everyone I know has the 360 version so I'm screwed when it comes to playing with friends.

Anyone from the UK know GAMEs policy on returning opened games? I really want to return it for the 360 version now.

eival

wtf, i load up SP for the first time since the TU and Franklin is being charged to upgrade cars, the TU screwed it up, who knows what else it screwed up

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had 1 star
I was sitting out of view for 2 whole minutes and the star didn't go away and the cops came down the road I was on and spotted me.

It's like the game doesn't want me to have any kind of loose leash. Like I understand in the city, but there is NO reason to do that in Blaine County.

eival

You're at the specific Los Santos Customs shop you bought?

every branch did it for free, i had been to the one just south of his house a bunch of times, now everything costs full price

i didnt think to check if the taxi service charged too, ill check when i boot it next time

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
every branch did it for free, i had been to the one just south of his house a bunch of times, now everything costs full price

i didnt think to check if the taxi service charged too, ill check when i boot it next time

I checked this right after I bought it on Franklin, and it has only ever been free at the location I bought and no where else for me, sadly.

I had 1 star
I was sitting out of view for 2 whole minutes and the star didn't go away and the cops came down the road I was on and spotted me.

It's like the game doesn't want me to have any kind of loose leash. Like I understand in the city, but there is NO reason to do that in Blaine County.

One minute you can lose a 3 star rating by hiding in a car park for 2 seconds, and other times you spend 5 years finding alleys and abandoning your car because you carjacked someone and got a single star. It makes no sense. Even more tedious out in Blaine County where you don't have as many alleyways plus the helicopters/squad cars are infinite with nearly no time between "waves."

I like the line of sight system, but it's way too much like a janky stealth game IMO. It's like it has HAS to go through the "searching" stage before you lose the stars. You can barely even outrun 1 or 2 stars anymore. They should've just made it so as long as you escape the viewing cones, no matter how, for a certain amount of time, you lose the heat, even if you're still moving or still out in the open. Either that or let me brute force my way out of stars at 3 and below by taking the cops out.

antitrop

Got a really good gaming session in today, hadn't been able to play for about a week due to "life". 30 hours in and less than 20 missions to go before the ending and I could not possibly be having a better time. Game never stops impressing me.

I've decided I'm going to have to replay The Last of Us before I can decide on a GOTY, it's just too close. Easily two of the best games I've ever played in my life.

Derrick01

Banned
Does anyone know how to get the Uncalculated Risk stranger mission to show up? I'm done with the story so I'm just mopping up side stuff for 100% but I only have 56/58 there and I assume the last one unlocks after the others are done.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does anyone know how to get the Uncalculated Risk stranger mission to show up? I'm done with the story so I'm just mopping up side stuff for 100% but I only have 56/58 there and I assume the last one unlocks after the others are done.

As far as I know it shows up eventually after you complete all of the parachuting missions.

Does the social club only pull in stats from a particular save or something?

If so must've saved in the wrong slot cause it's not updated.

Rough night for me tonight -- switch to Trevor and he's trapped in the building I switch to (
the beach apartment
), switch to Franklin and run a long mission and just as I'm almost done, hard freeze. =/

Anyone else had that Trevor problem? The door to the outside world just won't open.

Ishida

Banned
LOL at the song that plays on the radio when you drive Patricha back to her farm house!

Yeah, that scene actually made me very sad. I know Trevor is one hardcore motherfucker who pretty much hates humanity as a whole, but that scene with the music and the dialogue shows that he actually has feelings, even if they are very, VERY deep inside.
I wanted them both to end up together..
. =(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went to the effort of stealing a semi with a bunch of wood attached to it and laying it on the railroad track then covering the thing in C4

...and the train was completely unphased by it. What a boner killer.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Can someone point me in the direction of the second outlaw? kinda getting tired of trying to find him lol

Middle of the map near a farm house, Chamush area IIRC. There are some twisty roads.

I don't know how folks are having trouble with these missions, if you know the map relatively well you should know where to go from just the type of vegetation.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao this fucking game

The Bugatti finally spawned and I'm on my way to my garage and I've already seen several infernus on the road.

this is annoying me, I NEVER can find this car. looked it up on youtube where it exactly is and it's just never there. there is a stock of good cars, but never the adder.

Middle of the map near a farm house, Chamush area IIRC. There are some twisty roads.

I don't know how folks are having trouble with these missions, if you know the map relatively well you should know where to go from just the type of vegetation.

I've never done a single one of those missions. I got a 'hurry up trevor' message once and never found a guy. never heard anything about them since and can't even remember what the deal is (I'm approaching endgame) trevor has no map indicators at all anymore, I have no idea what to do there, maybe I missed it?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
49/50 Under The Bridges. I even marked them off as I went along but fucked up somewhere. I went through a bunch a second time but I still don't know which I missed.

Not looking forward to Stunt jumps. Those are always so finicky.

Fjordson

this is annoying me, I NEVER can find this car. looked it up on youtube where it exactly is and it's just never there. there is a stock of good cars, but never the adder
Hmm, really? I've found the spawn point by the big silver horse statue up near Michael's house to be pretty dependable for the Adder.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, really? I've found the spawn point by the big silver horse statue up near Michael's house to be pretty dependable for the Adder.

by never I mean I found the silver horse last night and did 2-3 missions and kept going back there/circling the block, driving away coming back. I guess 1-2 hours play and no adder.

Lego Boss

Caved in waiting for the PC version and got the game yesterday, glad I didn't wait. Game is something else, god tier!

Regret buying the PS3 version, pretty much everyone I know has the 360 version so I'm screwed when it comes to playing with friends.

Anyone from the UK know GAMEs policy on returning opened games? I really want to return it for the 360 version now.

I'm not sure about Game, but I took Mercenaries 2 back to Blockbuster after I opened it. They pissed and moaned for about 30 seconds, but I kept quiet and they exchanged it for Trouble in Paradise.

If they give you any rubbish, just tell them that you've lost count of the amount of times you've bought games from their store already open, which must mean that it's allowed/somewhere in policy (I'm saying that because I regularly buy 'new' games from stores that have plainly been opened for some purpose or other).

You should be OK, but I guess it depends on the store, a sale is a sale after all . . .

Not looking forward to Stunt jumps. Those are always so finicky.

Stunt jumps are pretty annoying in this game; you really need every ounce of air control the game gives you because of the crazy ways cars behave when hitting ramps. It's best to Quick Save before every jump, especially the ones down in the industrial area in South Los Santos, because most of the time you'll miss the jump, break an axle when you land, then have to spend ten minutes driving all the way to the city and back to find a good enough car to try again.

HiiiLife

Don't like how empty these lobbies are. I wish the servers would get fixed already.

And how do you party up your friends for game modes?

TTG

I had 1 star

If you're in Blaine County, go off roading. Once they start sending waves of helicopters after you out though, you have to go back to the city. You absolutely can outrun choppers, but not while bouncing up and down those hills, so that means going back to the highway where there will be an endless string of roadblocks and other spawns...

In LS, it's a different story. The most obvious way is to dash through some alleys to lose the ground force and then find some underpasses or parking lots to lose the choppers. You don't absolutely have to resort to that either though, I was probably 10-20 seconds away from losing a 5 star rating once just by losing the helicopters in downtown(they don't maneuver so well there) and checking the minimap. Moving at a slower clip doesn't exaggerate the police spawn, it's hard but not impossible to escape even the 4-5 star response while sticking to regular streets.

It's a huge improvement over 4, that was just broken. After that one heist I thought there would be some sort of military response as well, but it doesn't make sense really.
That's partly why I loved that one mission where they send an attack helicopter after you so much. Doesn't make sense for a city to wage that kind of destruction on the streets though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
this is annoying me, I NEVER can find this car. looked it up on youtube where it exactly is and it's just never there. there is a stock of good cars, but never the adder.

I've never done a single one of those missions. I got a 'hurry up trevor' message once and never found a guy. never heard anything about them since and can't even remember what the deal is (I'm approaching endgame) trevor has no map indicators at all anymore, I have no idea what to do there, maybe I missed it?

There are no map indicators for it, it's one of those 'know the map' challenages. The first one is in the quarry. That should be very easy to find for anyone who has opened the map or looked at the paper copy.

Top Bottom