• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

reminder

Yesterday i did the Epsilon mission where you have to find and deliver 5 cars. I used the interactive map (thank you whoever put the vehicles in there!) and when i had delivered the 4th car, i marked the position of the last one, went on the street, took the first car that approached to me and it was the one i needed next. Greatest feeling ever (well, not that this mission was a problem with the help oft this map).

rallaren

by never I mean I found the silver horse last night and did 2-3 missions and kept going back there/circling the block, driving away coming back. I guess 1-2 hours play and no adder.
Same heppened to me. It was there when I switched character.

I did a couple of Taxi missions with Michael yesterday but could not really see the point. Though I found it kind of funny when one guy I picked up had the same face as CJ (from SA) and he bailed on paying me in the middle of the night in the forest right after I had ran over a mountain lion near the sawmill. Creepy place. I get out, kill him, and the game tells me "Get your hard earned cash." lol. Also; driving in first person perspective is underrated.

Finalow

am I the only one getting stuck at the first mandatorygarbage race? I tried 3 times and it's always stuck on loading. *edit, on GTAO.

Beat GTA last night. Posted my thoughts in the spoiler thread.

Great game. And about the ending:

Ending C is really the only ending worth chosing. The others are forced and contrived... When I chose Option A, franklin getting "mad" at might was so stupid... When they're fighting and Franklin is like "You were always holding me down!" It's so lame because... 10 minutes earlier, he's mad saying that Michael is his friend and he doesn't want to clap him.

Thank god option C is available and it's exactly the option that fits this game.

Dabanton

Finally completed the main story.

I do hope R* will be doing some DLC for this iirc they said they had no plans.

But so much of the world was not used they can't surely leave it there?

Martian

Damn

I finished 2 Lester Assassinations before I had any real money

Now I finished them, and all characters have 114 million. Still cant buy the golf court.

Any ideas on making that last bit of money (preferably a bit more, as I need to buy the 3 cinemas as well)?

RaikuHebi

Banned
When I bought the cars for Epsilon I made sure I got the blue ones :).

Finally completed the main story.

I do hope R* will be doing some DLC for this iirc they said they had no plans.

But so much of the world was not used they can't surely leave it there?
Yesterday they said they do have plans.

Mr. Helios

Neo Member
Great game so far, loving it. I keep distracting myself form the missions as well. Question about monies, though: I finished the first heist mission, and Franklin only has like $650. Am I missing something here? The post-heist summary said what cut everyone got and I'm not seeing it.

antitrop

Great game so far, loving it. I keep distracting myself form the missions as well. Question about monies, though: I finished the first heist mission, and Franklin only has like $650. Am I missing something here? The post-heist summary said what cut everyone got and I'm not seeing it.

That's messed up. After my first heist Michael got about ~$800k and Franklin got about ~$200k.

TTG

Damn

I finished 2 Lester Assassinations before I had any real money

Now I finished them, and all characters have 114 million. Still cant buy the golf court.

Any ideas on making that last bit of money (preferably a bit more, as I need to buy the 3 cinemas as well)?

Is it necessary for some achievement/trophy? Because I bought the golf course and the 3 movie theaters... and then promptly reloaded to an earlier save. The only thing worth buying is the submarine dock, West Coast Customs would be nice too if it wasn't stranded in the middle of nowhere.

To answer your question, the other thread here on BAWSAQ(stock market) manipulation? It would be nice to have a shared bank account and garage between players too...

PriitV

Got to wait a while till the diamonds are sold, only then do you get your money,

NeoUltima

You get the money later.
Lester has to sell the diamonds still

Martian

Is it necessary for some achievement/trophy? Because I bought the golf course and the 3 movie theaters... and then promptly reloaded to an earlier save. The only thing worth buying is the submarine dock, West Coast Customs would be nice too if it wasn't stranded in the middle of nowhere.

To answer your question, the other thread here on BAWSAQ(stock market) manipulation? It would be nice to have a shared bank account and garage between players too...

Not that I know of, I just want every property in the game

Another question: If you buy a car (say the JB 700), is it infinite? Like, if you wreck it, can you get another one for free?
Because its quite a steep investment for a one-time thing

You don't get the money immediately after the heist. You'll get an email shortly about a gift transfer to your back account that will contain your split from the heist.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I think you only need any 5 properties for 100%.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Not that I know of, I just want every property in the game

Another question: If you buy a car (say the JB 700), is it infinite? Like, if you wreck it, can you get another one for free?
Because its quite a steep investment for a one-time thing
Yes.

I think you only need any 5 properties for 100%.
Money-generating ones specifically.

Not only is the golf course not required for 100%, even R*'s social club checklist for tasks in the game (including non-required stuff) doesn't even list it.

Nymphae

Banned

Immediately after the first heist you'll be Trevor for a while and can't switch to Mike or Franklin because they're "laying low". After you can switch back, Franklin will get a call or a text from Lester about the fund transfer.

Lego Boss

Right, stupid question: I get an email telling me my income from the property (airfield) but it's not cashing into my account. is this the money I have earned from doing the missions associated with the property? I.e. is that constituted by manual income as opposed to automatic income (which I guess I would get from the strip club)?

got in a fight, but i won.

0_0.jpg

lil smoke

Banned
If you're in Blaine County, go off roading. Once they start sending waves of helicopters after you out though, you have to go back to the city. You absolutely can outrun choppers, but not while bouncing up and down those hills, so that means going back to the highway where there will be an endless string of roadblocks and other spawns...
I'm like 5 for 5 with this, so I want to wait to try 5 more times to confirm, but I am pretty sure so far that the best way to avoid the 3 star + cops is ...

don't drive in circles, press pause, make a checkpoint marker to your furthest safehouse. Drive smoothly but quickly home, in other words, it's better to go semi fast, then to crash and get the cops a chance to gain. Once home, if they get this far, they usually will not try hard to follow you to your bed. It takes me like 50 seconds to maneuver the clunky walk around the corners to my bed because I get so nervous. Like I said, I have not been busted YET using this technique.

Post up if you agree?

Finalow

they didn't give you the money yet, I guess? After that you have to do
Trevor's missions.

am I the only one getting stuck at the first mandatorygarbage race in GTAO? I tried 3 times and it's always stuck on loading.
I just want to know if I'm the only one or not. :(

lil smoke

Banned
The golf is ridiculously fun in this. How is everyone else doing in it? 7 under is my best. Wish you were able to bet on games against opponents.

I like it but I am used to EA sports TW series, that its hard to take seriously.

If there were a gambling component, I agree that would be great.

Also his game should improve with more play... right now, I can't find worthy incentive.

TheContact

Ending C is really the only ending worth chosing. The others are forced and contrived... When I chose Option A, franklin getting "mad" at might was so stupid... When they're fighting and Franklin is like "You were always holding me down!" It's so lame because... 10 minutes earlier, he's mad saying that Michael is his friend and he doesn't want to clap him.

Thank god option C is available and it's exactly the option that fits this game.

Regarding the ending

I stupidly thought option C meant Franklin would die, and chose to kill Trevor because he's a psychopath and liked Mike and Franklin more. Now I'm replaying the whole game from the beginning because I feel like this old save is worthless now.

Self-justification.

JLeack

Banned
am I the only one getting stuck at the first mandatorygarbage race? I tried 3 times and it's always stuck on loading. *edit, on GTAO.

I am. I've spent 4 hours trying to play GTAO and have only made characters, seen the intro, and done the first race. This is inexcusable. Rockstar is on my list of incompetent multiplayer studios.

AkuMifune

Banned
10 main missions to go, I'm actually really invested in these three guys, their lives and this story.

I have to push through, the spoiler tags in this thread are getting more frequent!

Foffy

Banned
I have another question. I do recall hearing that the
Epsilon
missions had a bug where doing one of them and NOT waiting for the next one to appear before you turn off the game/switch characters bugged the rest of them from not happening. Has this been fixed yet?

rallaren

What happens if you mod the characters' signature cars? Will they stay modded and respawn modded or do you have to park them in the hideout garages or the special car thingy garages?
They stay and spawn modded which is awesome.
I have another question. I do recall hearing that the
Epsilon
missions had a bug where doing one of them and NOT waiting for the next one to appear before you turn off the game/switch characters bugged the rest of them from not happening. Has this been fixed yet?
Mine have not appeard for several days. The last one I did was
walking around with a gadget looking for some kind of "energy".

cdkee

Banned
What happens if you mod the characters' signature cars? Will they stay modded and respawn modded or do you have to park them in the hideout garages or the special car thingy garages?

They stay modded. For the most part anyway. There have been reports of them resetting but that hasn't happened to me.

Cptkrush

So the update today, PS3, when I hit ok it says loading and then goes to a black screen and then does nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Siegmeyer

Anyone having trouble losing save files on 360?

My housemate's game kept crashing during a certain mission, and he got the message that he should try re-installing the install disc. He did that but now his saves have disappeared and he's had to start again.

Edit: He hasn't been online once fwiw, he was still grinding through the story.

Derrick01

Banned
The golf is ridiculously fun in this. How is everyone else doing in it? 7 under is my best. Wish you were able to bet on games against opponents.

It's pretty good for a game that doesn't focus solely on golf but I wish there were more courses so we could get some different challenges. The course in Los Santos is too flat, both fairways and the greens, and there aren't enough hazards. It's pretty easy to get a -5 minimum and considering there's only 9 holes, that's a really high (err...low?) score.

But like I said I enjoy it and I can't wait until my friends get online so I can play them.

Derrick01

Banned
yep.

what the fuck am i supposed to do

That happened to me with the last patch. You have to unplug the entire system and either try again or cancel out the update and try again at a later point. For me I was able to download the first patch (the one that added GTA Online) on the 2nd try.

Chuck

Still without luck
That happened to me with the last patch. You have to unplug the entire system and either try again or cancel out the update and try again at a later point. For me I was able to download the first patch (the one that added GTA Online) on the 2nd try.

this did it, thanks

Top Bottom