• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

daakusedo

So weird, I die in a mission, got back to the hospital, I'm thinking there's something wrong, drive back to home and I don't see any mission marker on the map, I get out of the car and die... then it send me back to the mission.
There's few really interesting missions so far, even the one with aliens which could be surprising at first is boring due to lenght and slow pace. I was disappointed the same with the infiltration of Michael home, I thought things began here, but it's was kinda trivial, seems like everything is held back by the shallow mechanics. I don't know maybe there will be more good things like the stolen boat mission.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Some help with Kifflom Michael stuff (spoilers below!)
I cannot access safehouse in LS (now playing the part before P. Bay heist), where can I switch to Epsilon robes? I cannot find them in Trevor's safehouse

Muffdraul

Some help with Kifflom Michael stuff (spoilers below!)
I cannot access safehouse in LS (now playing the part before P. Bay heist), where can I switch to Epsilon robes? I cannot find them in Trevor's safehouse

Same situation I'm in. I just assumed you can't until you come off the lam.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ugh. I just needed to get on top of a building to reach a stranger mission as Franklin. I own no helicopters with Franklin so I figured the best option would be to switch to Trevor and bring his helicopter over. I switched and drove all the way to Trevor's helipad and came back and landed. Then I switched back to Franklin and got in Trevor's helicopter. Trevor was still standing right next to it and wasn't happy. He threw me out of it so I decided to shoot him when he inside. For some reason the game refused to do so. Are you not allowed to shoot the other characters? Well anyway Trevor just stayed sitting in the helicopter doing nothing so I decided to switch back to Trevor and just get out of the area so Franklin could get in the helicopter. It wouldn't switch. It just stayed in the birds eye view forever. Had to quit the game. Very annoying.

Martian

Hmm, so I purchased a couple of cars (Z-type from GTA2 and the Adder), and I wrecked them. Unfortunately the game doesnt give you another one without buying it, which sucks pretty bad.
I mean, paying 10 mil for a car is fine, unless its a one time thing, because that gets expensive rather fast

abracadaver

The bloody footprints are back. (Where they gone ?)

Someone said there are no bloody footprints in gta v anymore. I never saw them either until now. Maybe the patch changed it ?!

RaikuHebi

Banned
That happened to me with the last patch. You have to unplug the entire system and either try again or cancel out the update and try again at a later point. For me I was able to download the first patch (the one that added GTA Online) on the 2nd try.
You don't have to plug out the system in these situations. Holding the power button down works fine.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Ugh. I just needed to get on top of a building to reach a stranger mission as Franklin. I own no helicopters with Franklin so I figured the best option would be to switch to Trevor and bring his helicopter over.
I did the juggling thing with Trevor a bunch too when I needed a copter. Less frustrating and quicker:
There's a super easy, zero-star attack helicopter east of the city at the Homeland security (or whatever) compound. Drive to where the high chain link fence stops, hop on your car, jump the wall and stroll over to the series of ladders that lead to the plainly visible Buzzard.

Ugh. I just needed to get on top of a building to reach a stranger mission as Franklin. I own no helicopters with Franklin so I figured the best option would be to switch to Trevor and bring his helicopter over. I switched and drove all the way to Trevor's helipad and came back and landed. Then I switched back to Franklin and got in Trevor's helicopter. Trevor was still standing right next to it and wasn't happy. He threw me out of it so I decided to shoot him when he inside. For some reason the game refused to do so. Are you not allowed to shoot the other characters? Well anyway Trevor just stayed sitting in the helicopter doing nothing so I decided to switch back to Trevor and just get out of the area so Franklin could get in the helicopter. It wouldn't switch. It just stayed in the birds eye view forever. Had to quit the game. Very annoying.

If you're far enough in with the S&F missions with Franklin for the sky diving activity you can always steal those helicopters.

Derrick01

Banned

For that I called a blimp in and landed it on top of the building. Not the easiest thing to do with the distant camera angle in those things and the small landing spot on top (it is just a helipad after all), but I pulled it off.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I was following Trevor earlier as Michael, trying to hit him, jumping near him. He kept yelling at me then finally turned around yelled "LEAVE ME ALONE!" and head-butted me, killing me instantly

It was pretty funny.

MYeager

Easy to get helicopters nearby at the hospital or the helicopter tour place.

Is the patch only for GTA Online or does it address any of the issues with the single player game (ie garages losing cars and cars losing upgrades?)

Dead

well not really...yet
Holy shit

I was driving Tracey home, got out of the car, then it drove itself to the front of the parking garage and Jimmy materialized out of thin air from the drivers seat.

What the fuck! lol!

What happens when you kill
Tracey and Amanda
? I threw a grenade underneath the chair Johnny was sitting on in the dining area and after a few hours he texted me like "He had a near death experience.." and I'm gonna have to pay for his hospital bills. Though I never got billed as I only have 12$ in michael at that time.

Muffdraul

Holy shit

I was driving Tracey home, got out of the car, then it drove itself to the front of the parking garage and Jimmy materialized out of thin air from the drivers seat.

What the fuck! lol!

Last night I switched characters from Franklin to Michael, who happened to be inside Trevor's trailer. But for some reason it spawned two Michaels inside the trailer. I tried making Michael punch his evil twin, but no dice.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Cars disappearing from storage, the random impound algorithm, and customizations disappearing are getting annoying.

I accidently killed Tracey once and the next day I get a text from her saying "just got out if the hospital, hope you have insurance" or something to that affect. I'm not sure if money got taken out of my account for her hospital bills. So there is potentially a penalty for killing your friends and family in the game lol.

Derrick01

Banned
This 3rd triathlon is ridiculous. The rubber banding is a complete fucking joke and somehow the guy in 1st not only blew by me like I was barely moving but he's like 3 miles ahead of all of us now. Even as I sit here with unlimited stamina and mash I'll have 2 other guys occasionally speed by me like it's Mario Kart or something.

This 3rd triathlon is ridiculous. The rubber banding is a complete fucking joke and somehow the guy in 1st not only blew by me like I was barely moving but he's like 3 miles ahead of all of us now. Even as I sit here with unlimited stamina and mash I'll have 2 other guys occasionally speed by me like it's Mario Kart or something.
Don't quit. Keep going and you should catch up even though on the biking it seems like they blow past you a good two streets ahead of you and you think you have no chance. Just don't quit. You'll somehow catch up when running begins. That race is fucked up I don't know why rock star did that only to have you magically catch up and win in the end. It is 28 minutes long mashing X the entire time.

I don't understand the idea of having these triathlons in a game with unlimited stamina. Is Rockstar heavily invested in carpal tunnel and arthritis meds?

The fatigue is the only element that allows for any sense of strategy in the thing.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't quit. Keep going and you should catch up even though on the biking it seems like they blow past you a good two streets ahead of you and you think you have no chance. Just don't quit. You'll somehow catch up when running begins. That race is fucked up I don't know why rock star did that only to have you magically catch up and win in the end. It is 28 minutes long mashing X the entire time.

Yeah I see what you mean, I'm in first now at the very start of the running. The guy who was quite literally 4-5 checkpoints ahead of me was just standing there waiting for me to finish and was walking at the start. This race AI is fucking bonkers.

Dumb question, but where do helicopters spawn? I'm trying to do a strangers and freaks mission that requires me to get to the top of a skyscraper, but I can't find a helicopter anywhere. My Trevor owns one of the airfields, but when I go there as Franklin there's no helicopters or planes. I've tried going to the army base and other airport areas, but can't seem to find a helicopter.

Reave

Really hoping this campaign bug gets fixed soon. No missions pop up anymore; and up until this afternoon, GTA V was completely unplayable.

Draper

Yeah I see what you mean, I'm in first now at the very start of the running. The guy who was quite literally 4-5 checkpoints ahead of me was just standing there waiting for me to finish and was walking at the start. This race AI is fucking bonkers.

Yeah, I noticed at the running portion, everyone just walks until you catch up.

Still...all that tapping was a bitch.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have no idea what they were thinking on that triathalon. The bikes for the AI have nitro boost or some shit to keep up but they just kinda stop at the on foot segment and are easily passed. I had the same thing happen where I was stuck in third, saw the guy in second and kept getting passed by the fourth. The one in first was someone RIDICULOUSLY far ahead halfway across the city, and somehow he was barely past the start of the sprint and I easily passed him and made distance by the end.

Silly ass stuff. Also dislike how the stamina capping means it's unlimited here, so there's not even a strategy. I wasn't even really focusing on that but I had all three characters maxed before attempting this one.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The third triathlon is obviously Rockstar's social commentary on shitty racing AIs.

Dumb question, but where do helicopters spawn? I'm trying to do a strangers and freaks mission that requires me to get to the top of a skyscraper, but I can't find a helicopter anywhere. My Trevor owns one of the airfields, but when I go there as Franklin there's no helicopters or planes. I've tried going to the army base and other airport areas, but can't seem to find a helicopter.

There's a heliport that can be purchased by Michael or Franklin near the marina. Go there and usually there will be a helicopter repeatedly taking off and landing. Sometimes the helicopter won't be there, so either reload or go away for awhile. You do not have to buy the heliport for the helicopter to spawn.

Dabanton

has it been confirmed that there are no plus sized or elderly hookers in this game?

Haha have you been looking?

Holy shit

What the fuck! lol!

Had the same thing happen to me. Just finished a Tracy side mission.

Raxus

Don't get me started. Every race in this game has ridiculous rubber banding.

Thank god there isn't a blue shell in the races.

SJRB

Gold Member
Haven't been able to play since Online launched, and trying to update to 1.02 just hardlocked my PS3 for the second time in a row.

GG Rockstar, you fucking idiots.

Mononoke

Banned
Uh, I just got an alert saying "do you want to alter your character's appearance? This will be your only opportunity to do it".

Wat

Why was this alert even triggered, and why would it be the ONLY time I can do it. Da fuck Rockstar.

Derrick01

Banned
Finished in 1st at 28 minutes, 6 seconds. Quadruple the length of the other 2 triathlons combined for me, christ :lol. Never again Rockstar.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Don't get me started. Every race in this game has ridiculous rubber banding.
Except for the offroad races. I dunno, I didn't even try and still won all of them first try like ten seconds ahead.

cdkee

Banned
Holy shit

What the fuck! lol!

That has happened to me. He said "thank God for internal combustion!" Or something along those lines, then he went upstairs.

If you don't have access to the helipad or want to spend money on it, there is a hospital near the grove street area. There are ladders as well as staircases around the hospital to climb up to the roof with two helipads and choppers. If they aren't there just drive around and they will spawn. Your probably talking about the Dom missions I assume with the base jumping. I found that really annoying to get a chopper as well I had no idea where to get one since I didn't have the helipad yet.

Top Bottom