• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Scrum

If you don't have access to the helipad or want to spend money on it, there is a hospital near the grove street area. There are ladders as well as staircases around the hospital to climb up to the roof with two helipads and choppers. If they aren't there just drive around and they will spawn. Your probably talking about the Dom missions I assume with the base jumping. I found that really annoying to get a chopper as well I had no idea where to get one since I didn't have the helipad yet.

Theres a helipad at the marina where choppers land too.

I was following Trevor earlier as Michael, trying to hit him, jumping near him. He kept yelling at me then finally turned around yelled "LEAVE ME ALONE!" and head-butted me, killing me instantly

It was pretty funny.

Yep, happened to me too. So I hunted his ass and ran him down with my car.

Gotta show the man whose boss sometimes.

He just texted "Hahahaha! You're paying for my hospital bills!"

dyergram

Is it possible to miss story missions because
i just did the film premier mission with Michael characters were talking about Molly being dead but that hasn't happened in my game I don't have the mission legal trouble available to replay either

Dumb question, but where do helicopters spawn? I'm trying to do a strangers and freaks mission that requires me to get to the top of a skyscraper, but I can't find a helicopter anywhere. My Trevor owns one of the airfields, but when I go there as Franklin there's no helicopters or planes. I've tried going to the army base and other airport areas, but can't seem to find a helicopter.
Vespucci helipad. It's noted on Michael's map, but might be on others as well. Worst case scenario, switch to Micheal and take a note of its location. There are multiple helipads there and most times one will be at the far end of the right side.

Edit: Location is here.

Bit of a funny one, but I like that visiting hookers regularly helps increase your stamina.

Nice touch. Also like that strippers send pictures after spending the night with them...

Niiiiice @ the credits ending on HEALTH's song.

Anyways, with the main missions out of the way after ~67 hours, I can safely say this was a good game, a very good game, sometimes great. I can't say it approaches "Game of The Generation" levels for me, or even GOTY honestly, but it's a good bounce back from GTAIV. I do feel there are a number of issues with the game as I've explained multiple times all over this thread that held it back, some of which shouldn't have been there anymore, and some of which are just missed opportunities. The narrative was weak as well, and wrapped up in kind of a lazy way. There are some good characters and funny scenes in here, but nothing that touches some of the interactions from RDR, and definitely nowhere close to the gravitas some of those scenes captured.

Here's hoping GTAV is a building block towards a deeper, more satisfying GTA6, and not a cap off leading to another GTAIV next gen.

cdkee

Banned
this has happened to me before, but I didn't hear that line. that is hilarious, hahaha.

After doing some Jimmy-watching, I think what is supposed to happen is he rides his bike to the front of the house, gets off then says the internal combustion line. For some reason he glitches into Tracey's car though.

Some beautiful person put all of Blaine County Community Talk Radio up on YouTube and now I'm cracking my ass up at work.

I can't get enough. And so relevant!

I'm tired of this healthcare bullshit too.

Some liberal doctor gonna tell me I have Diabeetus?

I call BULLSHIT!

GOD DAMN LIAR!

I EAT WHAT I WANT MOTHERFUCKER!

Just like my great grandpappy. He was in the Donner party.

Now that's some American ingenuity right there!

Including my favorite county western gospel pop song: "I like things just the way they are". That's at 59 minutes.

enjoy

f0nz0

Dumb question, but where do helicopters spawn? I'm trying to do a strangers and freaks mission that requires me to get to the top of a skyscraper, but I can't find a helicopter anywhere. My Trevor owns one of the airfields, but when I go there as Franklin there's no helicopters or planes. I've tried going to the army base and other airport areas, but can't seem to find a helicopter.

Just go to any of the parachuting locations and kill the pilot!

I fear I may have a bad state in my SP game. Near end-game spoilers:

I'm just after Yankton. Whenever I switch to Trevor at night he's in the Vespucci Beach apartment but the door to the outside won't leave. In addition the apartment looks nice and clean, as it was at first. A friend of mine, who was at the point just before Yankton, asked me if I had seen the mission where Trevor returns to that apartment and meets Wade's cousin's lady friend. I hadn't, and still don't see it available even as I'm nearer the end. Is this normal? Am I screwed?

Derrick01

Banned
So how do you unlock the knife flights? I completed the flight school which I thought would open them up but nothing's happened so far.

Some beautiful person put all of Blaine County Community Talk Radio up on YouTube and now I'm cracking my ass up at work.

I can't get enough. And so relevant!

Including my favorite county western gospel pop song: "I like things just the way they are". That's at 59 minutes.

enjoy

It's my favorite radio station by far. I love how Ron's show is basically Alex Jones meets Glenn Beck.

I'm just after Yankton. Whenever I switch to Trevor at night he's in the Vespucci Beach apartment but the door to the outside won't leave. In addition the apartment looks nice and clean, as it was at first. A friend of mine, who was at the point just before Yankton, asked me if I had seen the mission where Trevor returns to that apartment and meets Wade's cousin's lady friend. I hadn't, and still don't see it available even as I'm nearer the end. Is this normal? Am I screwed?

It is main story related, you'll see it soon enough.

Where is Trevor's safe house in LS?

Yeah, that's definitely some sort of glitch. You should have seen that cutscene by now.

Ugh, well it's good to know -- I guess I'll just hope I have some save games pre-glitch. Did I miss on a mission or just a cutscene? I guess as long as it doesn't hinder my main story I'm OK.
Franklin rescued Michael and now Michael is meeting Lester and the FIB at the garment district
, so hopefully I'm still on track.

Thanks guys!

Oh, I hope so...

Trevor's safe house is at the strip club. Which is really odd that when I switch to him at night he's always sleeping with Wade at the beach house.

Something is wrong then because you would have seen the confrontation cutscene between
Trevor and Debra right before he moves to the strip club.

DukeBobby

Ugh, well it's good to know -- I guess I'll just hope I have some save games pre-glitch. Did I miss on a mission or just a cutscene? I guess as long as it doesn't hinder my main story I'm OK.
Franklin rescued Michael and now Michael is meeting Lester and the FIB at the garment district
, so hopefully I'm still on track.

Thanks guys!

It counts as a mission, but it's basically just a cutscene. It's a great cutscene though, so just watch it on Youtube if you don't have a non-glitched saved game.

Derrick01

Banned
No one? Trying to figure out how to get these knife flights to show up. It's pretty much all I need to do for 100%. That and the rest of the bridges.

After the cutscene, Trevor and Wade drives from the apartment to the strip club.

Cool, sounds like I'm not out anything (other than the annoyance of switching to Trevor and being trapped (
probably because it is no longer his safehouse it is marked as a non-openable door
).

Thanks again for the quick help -- I'll just ride this playthrough out as I'm eager to finish and hit MP.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No one? Trying to figure out how to get these knife flights to show up. It's pretty much all I need to do for 100%. That and the rest of the bridges.

They don't show up, you just sorta do them inbetween buildings. It's annoying that they aren't on the socialclub website for whatever reason.

TTG

What are everyone's top 3 missions?

I'll take:

-Complications for the set up, absolutely genius way to introduce Michael's family
Franklin has to "repossess" Jizzle's car for Simeon

-The Paleto Score for obvious reasons.
I wish I had that "military hardware" stashed away somewhere, bomb suit armor ftw

-And finally The Wrap Up for the open world systemic fun.
It's the big FIB wrap up. I spent about 10 minutes being chased by that attack helicopter through Los Santos until I finally found an underpass long enough to get lost under. The best chase I've had.

Trevor had a bunch of great set ups as well, but a lot of his best moments were heavily scripted/in cutscenes.
Jumping off the train, crashing into the cargo plane with another plane...
Actually, I think the prep work for his dock heist was great.
I parachuted into the army base, which was a big deal that early in the game. And shooting the cables the sub was hanging by instead of crawling through that whole boat was fun.

Ok, I went back to an earlier save and checked out what I missed by that glitch. Pretty great stuff, glad to see it. Turns out it was a mission but even after completing it I'm not seeing it on my checklist on Social Club. Do any of you have the mission
Hang Ten
on your checklist? Also looks like it didn't lead to any other missions opening other than the one that I had already done, so I may go back to my glitched save and finish the game.

I am trying to play the game but it prompts for an update and then my screen just goes black and I have to shut off my PS3 via the switch in order to restart it. Is this happening for anyone else?

Cptkrush

I am trying to play the game but it prompts for an update and then my screen just goes black and I have to shut off my PS3 via the switch in order to restart it. Is this happening for anyone else?

Yeah, it's happening to me, tried pulling the plug and trying to update again about 4 times now. Still happening...

CF22

Happened to me earlier today. Wait a couple minutes after the Rockstar lights and stars intro when the prompt for the update comes up, it'll work. Somebody on the online thread told me about this.

Just finished the story...

This game is a total 19/20

Nobody is touching this game in the open world category.

Picked
C
.. There was really only one answer for me at least.

Now time to pick ufo parts , letters and other stuff.

Scrabble

Why does no one seem to be criticising this game for basically leading a player on a leash for all the missions? Often times you'll fail a mission precisely because the game doesn't make it clear what exactly the parameters for failing a mission are, and if you so happen to deviate from the script the designers laid out for you than it's mission failure. Most of the missions are also preety much free of any critical thought because you just end up playing simon says with the objectives. "Go here", "Get the money", "Get back in the car" etc for pretty much every mission in the game. It's guilty of the exact same issues AC3 had and somehow that game gets hated while this game is heralded as being the best game this generation?

Not to mention It's incredible how bad the controls still are. RDR gets away with it somewhat by virtue of it being a more open space, but navigating interiors in GTAV is fucking infuriating sometimes. "No HURRY THE FUCK UP, go down the stairs. No don't walk backwards go down the fuckin steps, great mission failed" These kind of issues aren't acceptable anymore.

I still loved this game for it's story and open world, but I'd be a fool to praise the mechanics, controls, mission design etc.

Cess007

Holy, i haven't noticed that there was a website parody of the "50 shades of grey" book on the game. The summary of the books is brutal and hilarious!! xD

seldead

I don't seem to have new missions to unlock after completing 'surveying the score' anyone else have this problem? Tried sleeping, switching characters and calling everyone but no dice.

BNGames

While waiting for my deleted character to reappear, I tried my hand at making a short film with Michael as some crazed Trailer Park murderer in a 70's style. I really want the PC version so I could make it seem alot less gamey with the camera. It was interesting to say the least.

http://youtu.be/YCqscvVShqU

Is there any way to make the text bigger? My couch is perhaps 10-12 feet away from the TV, but I havent really had a problem reading text in other games. However with GTA5, I am having trouble reading the text on the screen, especially the mobile texts/emails and instructions that show up on the top left.

Any help would be appreciated, I would rather not sit on a chair in the middle of my den instead of the comfy couch.

lem0n

I just watched part of the
"B ending."

How could anyone choose that option? It's so depressing. I know he's an asshole at times, but does he deserve to die? I don't think so. Especially after "reuniting" with his family... I don't know. It just seems like such a sad ending, considering Franklin and Michael got along the whole time. :/

Dries

So recently it has happened twice that at once all the cars in the world are just one or two models. That's all I see driving around. I think it's returned to normal now, but not sure. Has anyone else had this too? And is there any way to fix it?

What are everyone's top 3 missions?

I'll take:

-Complications for the set up, absolutely genius way to introduce Michael's family
Franklin has to "repossess" Jizzle's car for Simeon

-The Paleto Score for obvious reasons.
I wish I had that "military hardware" stashed away somewhere, bomb suit armor ftw

-And finally The Wrap Up for the open world systemic fun.
It's the big FIB wrap up. I spent about 10 minutes being chased by that attack helicopter through Los Santos until I finally found an underpass long enough to get lost under. The best chase I've had.

Trevor had a bunch of great set ups as well, but a lot of his best moments were heavily scripted/in cutscenes.
Jumping off the train, crashing into the cargo plane with another plane...
Actually, I think the prep work for his dock heist was great.
I parachuted into the army base, which was a big deal that early in the game. And shooting the cables the sub was hanging by instead of crawling through that whole boat was fun.

1. The FIB raid on the secret lab. Badass underwater entry, reminded me of MGS2's opening.

2. Stealing the government's nuke. The actual mission didn't live up to what it was hyped up to be during the planning stage though, and completely fizzled when you had to return the nuke. They could have at least dragged it out over one or two more missions.

3. The final heist, the coolest part was escaping in the convoy, and it was the only time I was impressed by Mike's leadership skills.

Sethos

Banned
What did you think of the game overall?

Madly in love with it. Always been a GTA man but they really went all-out in some areas, especially overall atmosphere with the weather, lighting etc. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

My only real complaint is the vehicle handling. The car handling grew on me but mainly because I turned it into a mini-game of swerving through traffic and high-speed chases which wasn't that much fun in GTA IV. Still love GTA IV's weight and how you could nail the corners with a massive, beautiful slide.

However the light vehicles like bikes, quads etc. they are terrible. Way too light, turn instantly on a dime and there's no real inertia to them. Can't believe this crap was done by Rockstar.

However as an overall product, fantastic. I just need a PC version as sub-30, 720p jaggie fest is doing the game no favours.

Top Bottom