• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Well, finally finished the game. It was fantastic all the way through, loved all of the main characters.

Ending spoilers

Obviously I picked option C, very satisfying to finally put a bullet into Steve Haines, guy was a total dick. I'm kinda surprised the made Devin Hester the "last boss", I thought Haines was a way more unlikeable character.

Now to start playing online.

ThisOne

Question about the first bail bond mission:
I'm at the quarry driving around but not sure what to do after this? Is something supposed to trigger or do I have to run around here until I find the guy?

Grinchy

Banned
Question about how the impound works. If I upgrade the shit out of a car and I'm driving it when I start a mission (so I lose it and it goes to the impound), is the car supposed to lose all its upgrades?

I went to go get a car I maxed out earlier and it gave me the right model from the impound but completely stock. No upgrades or paint job.

How am I supposed to know that? Does the game hint at that at all or what?

Asking just so I know for future bail bond missions.

I don't think it does, I only found out by spending the whole night looking for him.
Only for him to suddenly spawn as morning broke down in the pit where the 2 HUGE CAT Dumpsters Truckers are

Well, finally finished the game. It was fantastic all the way through, loved all of the main characters.

Ending spoilers

Obviously I picked option C, very satisfying to finally put a bullet into Steve Haines, guy was a total dick. I'm kinda surprised the made Devin Hester the "last boss", I thought Haines was a way more unlikeable character.

Now to start playing online.

Maybe he represents the side of Corporate America that let scumbags like
Steve Heines become a pseudo celebrity even if is a federal employe
and overall is a bigger evil because of his shallowness and incompetence that needs to use other persons
like Molly and the Micheal's gang
to stay in his position of power.

Or maybe Houser disliked him more.

GQman2121

Banned
So before the bank heist, did anyone else not have to
acquire the military hardware?
I was told to get the gear before the heist, went and did something else with Michael, and then the H was at Trevor's place to start the heist. At no point did I have to do the setup.

Did the game just skip it or is this a know issue?

I forgot to bring it up in a post here from the other day, about properties not being worth the money, they certainly aren't but you can actually buy them and keep your money. I don't know if they patched this but before you buy a property make a quick save (just in case it doesn't work) and then buy the property, right after you buy it pause the game and replay any mission. The replayed mission might mess up and be buggy until you fail it, not sure if that is a entire game issue or just with this exploit, if corrects itself when you fail and replay but pretty I'm sure you can fail it and then quit if you don't want to do it. When you come back you should still have your money and the property. Going to see if it still works when I have enough money for Micheal to buy the golf course tonight or tomorrow, I used it to buy the theaters.

No one? Trying to figure out how to get these knife flights to show up. It's pretty much all I need to do for 100%. That and the rest of the bridges.
Ah shit that's going to suck. Thanks for letting me know though.

It was annoying, I ended up just using this video guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSwCoecn0I

So I have completed the main story mode but Franklin has one remaining mission according to the character selection wheel ... Not sure what it is but it won't seem to trigger ... the 100% checklist has my stats down as ...

69/69 Missions
34/42 Hobbies & Pastimes
15/20 Strangers & Freaks
14/14 Random Events
7/16 Miscellaneous

Any clues?

Signed up to the social club? If so you can check your progress on there and the check list they have.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

That's comedian JB Smoove. I knew that as soon as I listened to that station for the first time, his voice and random shouting is unmistakable :lol

Yup same, but I'm not a fan of Chakra Attack, doesn't help that it seems like it's always on when I switch to the station. I hope Rockstar has some radio station DLC, especially because of GTA:O where the radio stuff is going to be beyond stale after already listening to it for tens of hours during the story. I'd pay $5 for more content on the talk radio stations. Of course one could always just play their own stuff too but, eh.

That last triathalon is a fucking bitch.

Yeah, I ended up doing it only a few minutes at a time before pausing to take a break.

Kak.efes

The car management system in this game is so needlessly convoluted. I'm about 3/4 through the game, and I still don't understand it. Why am I losing cars I purchase, and upgrade after starting missions? They don't show up in the safehouse, the garage, or the impound. How is something this integral to a GTA game so nonsensical?

wizzbang

Banned
12 more missions till the game's story is over.

I'm enjoying it so much. :(

As someone who has finished the game, take it from me, do as MUCH side missions as you can. They are actually enjoyable to do and lets you string out the game a bit longer. Once you've finished your incentive to continue to do them kinda drops. :/

So I found a scrap piece of paper that triggered a pop up but unfortunately wasn't able to read it due to my pressing my remote by mistake...does anyone know what the scrap piece of paper triggered?

Megasoum

Banned
Wow those Stuntplane challenges sure are something! Got silver accross the board... Was a lot of fun (if you like tough flying of course)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You only need 8 knife flights for 100%, correct? I don't see why people complained about those, I only crashed into a building once (really good to quick save while in the air).

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh...looks like it's pretty much impossible to do the Yoga properly with a 360 pad on PS3... the deadzones are making me fail everytime.

Guess I'll have to get my old DS3 out of the drawer.

Grimsen

Had one ot the "Trevor wakes up on the beach with no clothes" again, and stole a nearby sailboat.

I was just cruising and enjoying the sunset, and noticed a shark following me.

Let's just say I consider fishing with a grenade launcher a legitimate activity for Trevor now. :)

Sucks that the sailboat doesn't use its sails though.

mxgt

Banned
Just finished the story, really enjoyed the game.

One thing I don't like is that
you're even given the option to kill Michael and Trevor. Fuck those endings, it just doesn't feel right. Especially Michael. Went for C and loved the ending.

Just went home and Michael says "Daddy's back, bitches".

Haha nice.

Also letter scraps = tedious. Only side quest that's been fun is the scuba.

Megasoum

Banned
So for the "Purchase 5 properties" event... Does it have to be 5 with the same character? I feel like I have more than five with all 3 characters together but it's still not unlocked.

UrbanRats

So ehm.. regarding hip fire..

Me and others have been complaining about the reticule not being visible until you start shooting (making hip fire useless) playing the final mission i found out that you actually can see the reticule AND not shoot, you just have to hold the right trigger (360) halfway, and if you push through, you start shooting.
Metal Gear Solid 2 style.

Damn.

Slashlen

Just went home and Michael says "Daddy's back, bitches".

Haha nice.

Also letter scraps = tedious. Only side quest that's been fun is the scuba.

The scuba was great when they had multiple items in an area. The ones where I'd go to the marker, dive, go straight down and back up, were annoying. The great ones were where there were some wrecks, and after I got the first one, another one popped up, and I went through the wreck looking for #2.

Yawnier

Banned
Only took about almost 3 weeks, but I finally finished the main story at 38 hours.

Excellent game and serious contender for my favorite open world/sandbox game of the generation, and those were some damn long credits. Off to the ending thread I go to see what other people have to say.

Just finished the story, really enjoyed the game.

One thing I don't like is that
you're even given the option to kill Michael and Trevor. Fuck those endings, it just doesn't feel right. Especially Michael. Went for C and loved the ending.

I did the same thing (vary late/end game spoilers)
options a and b just didn't feel right to me and I even made a new save after the big score, so I went to option c by default.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS

Me and others have been complaining about the reticule not being visible until you start shooting (making hip fire useless) playing the final mission i found out that you actually can see the reticule AND not shoot, you just have to hold the right trigger (360) halfway, and if you push through, you start shooting.

Damn.
That's a good ass tip!

lil smoke

Banned
Why does no one seem to be criticising this game for basically leading a player on a leash for all the missions? Often times you'll fail a mission precisely because the game doesn't make it clear what exactly the parameters for failing a mission are, and if you so happen to deviate from the script the designers laid out for you than it's mission failure. Most of the missions are also preety much free of any critical thought because you just end up playing simon says with the objectives. "Go here", "Get the money", "Get back in the car" etc for pretty much every mission in the game. It's guilty of the exact same issues AC3 had and somehow that game gets hated while this game is heralded as being the best game this generation?

Not to mention It's incredible how bad the controls still are. RDR gets away with it somewhat by virtue of it being a more open space, but navigating interiors in GTAV is fucking infuriating sometimes. "No HURRY THE FUCK UP, go down the stairs. No don't walk backwards go down the fuckin steps, great mission failed" These kind of issues aren't acceptable anymore.

I still loved this game for it's story and open world, but I'd be a fool to praise the mechanics, controls, mission design etc.
100% agree.

I think R* gets away with a lot of bullshit, but at this point if they say laugh... mothafuckers are gonna laff, if they say its good, you accustom to it and deal.

At one point I thought Saints Row 2/3 would offer competition to prevent this shit, but they failed.

Good game but I cannot excuse this many oversights, can't wait for next gen... no excuses.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish we could use properties bought buy other characters...

For example I bought the airport hangar with franklin so now I can't by a jet with Trevor (unless there's another big hangard that I am not aware of?)

Man, I have a lot of money with my characters. Michael currently has 56 million, Franklin has 90, and Trevor 120. What's the best way to quadruple Michael's money quickly? I want him to buy the Golf course. :lol

I've already abused the assassination missions, except for the first few.

I wish the game would allow us to upload hi-res screenshots, too. Got my car stranded...

0_015bk0o.jpg

And dammit, flaws and all, this game can be pretty. Just forget the fact that, moments before shooting this, I killed a deer with my bare hands.

0_0yhk1s.jpg

wizzbang

Banned
that sound is music to my ears! Thanks!

The show is amazing, if you like George from Seinfeld, it's like concerntrated George, WITHOUT a laugh track. Sometimes you want to cry, sometimes you want to die, it's brilliant. Larry is awesome and Leon is fucking great.

Man, I have a lot of money with my characters. Michael currently has 56 million, Franklin has 90, and Trevor 120. What's the best way to quadruple Michael's money quickly? I want him to buy the Golf course. :lol

Buy millions worth of stock in PIS on BAWSAQ. Franklin can buy the golf course too; don't know about Trevor.

TheContact

What does it mean when BAWSAQ is down? I invested in BET well before the first lester mission, the stock has already plummeted now =( and I did the first Lester assassination mission but the stock hasn't risen and it won't even let me enter BAWSAQ

Grr.. My internet is fine, this is frustrating

Edit: Restarted my game and it worked

So pissed- stunt jump undefined?

I know for a fact I have 50/50. Yet it says 49/50.

You probably scraped the sides of a bridge/underpass with the propeller or touched the ground/water while passing over making you fail it. Go back to the narrow ones first, especially the two at the north end of the aqueduct just south of the reservoir, the first two bridges there were two of the four I had to go back and redo. Getting the Buzzard helped a lot since it's smaller than the Maverick.

You only need 8 knife flights for 100%, correct? I don't see why people complained about those, I only crashed into a building once (really good to quick save while in the air).

15 and yeah, quick saving is the key to getting through them. My problems with them stemmed mostly from going through too fast and knifing recklessly by not being level before starting it.

Damn.

Yeah, I found that out a few nights ago when I was trying to replicate the targeting issue the dude from Kotaku was complaining about. Personally found it completely over blown and didn't experience the reticule being off anywhere near as much as the GIF showed. It just moved a little to the left.

I still have most of my money in stock, Franklin right now is worth 225M, Micheal is just under 150M while poor Trevor is is only at 78M because I tried to be clever and with some LCN stocks and now they're dropping and he's losing money. Should just pull them out and go back and buy more HAL and Pisswasser. Once you get the money try what I posted above, I imagine it still works.

Linkhero1

I just completed story mode. It's my personal game of the year so far. I enjoyed it so much more than the past entries. I'm left amazed at the jump from IV to V.

Stunt jumps = cunt jumps. = fuck these.
The scuba was great when they had multiple items in an area. The ones where I'd go to the marker, dive, go straight down and back up, were annoying. The great ones were where there were some wrecks, and after I got the first one, another one popped up, and I went through the wreck looking for #2.
Yep, agreed, but even for the single item ones it was pretty to look at.

Grinchy

Banned
I just completed story mode. It's my personal game of the year so far. I enjoyed it so much more than the past entries. I'm left amazed at the jump from IV to V.

I just beat it too (the credits are playing as I type this). I really, really liked this game but the ending felt a little abrupt. I won't get into specifics but I was just not expecting it to end right when it did.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
does the game have multiple endings?

depending on whether you kill either Micheal or Trevor or the deathwish ending(chose deathwish by the way...great ending but it was abrupt)

Grinchy

Banned
does the game have multiple endings?

depending on whether you kill either Micheal or Trevor or the deathwish ending(chose deathwish by the way...great ending but it was abrupt)

I did the same thing as you, so maybe that's why I felt it was abrupt. Or the choice doesn't matter (I don't know).

E92 M3

Ugh. I just needed to get on top of a building to reach a stranger mission as Franklin. I own no helicopters with Franklin so I figured the best option would be to switch to Trevor and bring his helicopter over. I switched and drove all the way to Trevor's helipad and came back and landed. Then I switched back to Franklin and got in Trevor's helicopter. Trevor was still standing right next to it and wasn't happy. He threw me out of it so I decided to shoot him when he inside. For some reason the game refused to do so. Are you not allowed to shoot the other characters? Well anyway Trevor just stayed sitting in the helicopter doing nothing so I decided to switch back to Trevor and just get out of the area so Franklin could get in the helicopter. It wouldn't switch. It just stayed in the birds eye view forever. Had to quit the game. Very annoying.

Which stranger? I don't remember having any on top of buildings...is it possible to glitch it out or something?

Also, whats the best way to fix the same car from spawning everywhere? Is it possible to fix it?

Top Bottom