• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Foffy

Banned
Does anyone have a list of missables in the game? So far I believe only the
Simeon random event is missable, with the Epsilon missions become 'missable' via a bug.

Madly in love with it. Always been a GTA man but they really went all-out in some areas, especially overall atmosphere with the weather, lighting etc. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

My only real complaint is the vehicle handling. The car handling grew on me but mainly because I turned it into a mini-game of swerving through traffic and high-speed chases which wasn't that much fun in GTA IV. Still love GTA IV's weight and how you could nail the corners with a massive, beautiful slide.

However the light vehicles like bikes, quads etc. they are terrible. Way too light, turn instantly on a dime and there's no real inertia to them. Can't believe this crap was done by Rockstar.

However as an overall product, fantastic. I just need a PC version as sub-30, 720p jaggie fest is doing the game no favours.

How well does GTA IV run on PC? Not counting visual mods or anything of that sort.

Sethos

Banned
How well does GTA IV run on PC? Not counting visual mods or anything of that sort.

It's a half-arsed port but I've never had any problems, runs fine. Others seem unlucky. Then again, it was their first RAGE port so GTA V won't be anything like that.

sunnz

Madly in love with it. Always been a GTA man but they really went all-out in some areas, especially overall atmosphere with the weather, lighting etc. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

My only real complaint is the vehicle handling. The car handling grew on me but mainly because I turned it into a mini-game of swerving through traffic and high-speed chases which wasn't that much fun in GTA IV. Still love GTA IV's weight and how you could nail the corners with a massive, beautiful slide.

However the light vehicles like bikes, quads etc. they are terrible. Way too light, turn instantly on a dime and there's no real inertia to them. Can't believe this crap was done by Rockstar.

However as an overall product, fantastic. I just need a PC version as sub-30, 720p jaggie fest is doing the game no favours.

Yep, my main complaint too. The vehicles handling are low quality, in a otherwise high quality and near perfect game to me ( very disappointed to see how they fucked up the Sanchez, was perfect in IV and would have been great on this map)

So sad to see them take this route.

Hopefully, PC modders can work there magic ( unlikely). Even porting GTA V map into IV would be great :p

Fjordson

Agreed on basically all counts.

I like the car handling, but yeah, some of the quads and bikes feel too twitchy. It's weird.

wizzbang

Banned
Agreed on basically all counts.

I like the car handling, but yeah, some of the quads and bikes feel too twitchy. It's weird.

Same here, it took me ......... MANY hours to adjust to the car handling in 5, I still miss 4's. As you say too, you get used to the cars but the bikes are a bastard.

The rest of the game is immaculate, the lighting - the fucking colours and lighting - on a 360 / PS3 game for fucks sake, probably some of the best I've ever seen in any game, EVER. So fucking good.

Whole game is just... wow. just wow. Fuck they could do Gay Tony / TLAD style DLC for years and I'd suck that shit up like a 3$ whore.
Also, this game is 1000% sold on PS4 if they release it, double dip? fucking yes.

TTG

2. Stealing the government's nuke. The actual mission didn't live up to what it was hyped up to be during the planning stage though, and completely fizzled when you had to return the nuke. They could have at least dragged it out over one or two more missions.

On Trevor's heists and others:
I thought that was a great running joke. Trevor would blast through some shit in a spectacular fashion without planning anything and then have to return it, watch it burn or give it up to make up for some fuck up. The theme over all was that there was only one real profitable job for any of them(Franklin's assassination missions excluded), but Trevor's especially had me rooting for him, then laughing as it fell through.

I finally made my way back to the military base, the only other time I was there was for the cargobob, went in for the jet this time. Surprisingly easy to navigate, just have to stay away from the tanks. A chain link fence saved me from a tank's cannon, as soon as I saw it rolling up on me I had the idea to put something between it and myself. Sure enough, the round exploded at the fence, knocking a couple of sections down and I left unscathed.

TTG

The fighter jet is so damn maneuverable and nimble. I wish there were some air races, obstacle courses or war games type stuff to take part in.

88random

I started playing this yesterday. I can't remember when was the last time I stayed with the game for 6 hours straight. Such a fun game :)

Is it normal that in my character wheel, only the silhouette shows up for the online char? I'm pretty sure I saw some screenshots where the online char face showed up.

Dabanton

The cops in this game are fantastic.

Shot up a car yesterday and jumped into a carpark. Two cop cars came and parked at the top of the street.

I was hiding behind a wall and watched as they combed the road area then I saw one cop hop over the short wall into the carpark. I moved too late and he spotted me.

Cue a crazy chase around the city.

Kikarian

The hold up the store job at the beginning is really annoying. I've been waiting ages for it to re-open because it's 'recently' been robbed.

Is it normal that in my character wheel, only the silhouette shows up for the online char? I'm pretty sure I saw some screenshots where the online char face showed up.

Yes it's normal. I think the face only shows if you go to into Online and then go back to SP. Otherwise, it's blank without connecting to Online at least once.

But FWIW, the shading on the face is no indication of whether online will load or not. I've had a blank face and it'll load and a rendered face and it doesn't.

Do the property missions have an end or do they loop forever? I haven't managed to complete one yet, but just wondering.

They loop ad infinitum

Finalow

loving Trevor so far. the
trip to LS
with that "trisha and the troll michelle" story was amazing.

and GTAO still doesn't work for me, whatever.

So, I've done the planning for the second heist, and I picked
flying out to sea to the testing area.
Is there any way now that I can
switch over to the sinking the ship approach?
Or do I have to see the mission through now.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
-And finally The Wrap Up for the open world systemic fun.
It's the big FIB wrap up. I spent about 10 minutes being chased by that attack helicopter through Los Santos until I finally found an underpass long enough to get lost under. The best chase I've had.

I just stayed inside the Kortz Center. Done! So I didn't experience a long chase.

Wasp

Has anyone else got a problem with the parachute jump Runaway Train not showing up? There's supposed to be 13 jumps but that one is missing in my game so I only have 12.

I think it's because I did the story mission Derailed so the bridge that you're supposed to land on now has the wreckage of a train on it.

You're stuck with that approach now. But you can replay the mission and choose the other option from the replay mission option in the pause menu.

GolazoDan

So I downloaded the latest 360 patch and it won't let me play anything. I get stuck at a sign in Alert screen where it's telling me I need to sign in or I won't get any achievements or whatever. I am signed in and hitting A and B does nothing. So basically I can't play the game.

fucking rockstar.

I'm not getting anymore missions after I finished "surveying the score". It has literally been hours. Is my save fucked up?

The exact same things happened to me. Really hope it's not a corrupt save cause I don't really have a backup :/

I know it's silly, but your phones aren't in sleep mode, are they? If I recall the next thing that happens is precipitated by a conference call. So maybe that's it.

Edit: Hmmm, maybe it isn't the point I'm thinking of. I believe the next mission starts at Michael's place. Nothing there?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This is weird. I just did the heist where
I dressed up as firemen to get something out of the FIB building. It said at the end Franklin had a cut of more than 200 grand for it, but I didn't recieve any money.
What's the deal?

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm 100% done, 70 hours in, finishing off non-required stuff. And still this game surprises me.

I walked out of Michael's house to get a taxi to go do the 2nd last Epsilon mission, and who do I notice at the front of the traffic putting down the roof of his car? Trevor. And now we're playing Golf.

I already knew you could get the characters to meet up in the world but this is the first time it's happened randomly without me taking them to the same location. This. Fucking. Game.

This is weird. I just did the heist where
I dressed up as firemen to get something out of the FIB building. It said at the end Franklin had a cut of more than 200 grand for it, but I didn't recieve any money.
What's the deal?
It's get wired to you a little while afterwards.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm 100% done, 70 hours in, finishing off non-required stuff. And still this game surprises me.

I walked out of Michael's house to get a taxi to go do the 2nd last Epsilon mission, and who do I notice at the front of the traffic putting down the roof of his car? Trevor. And now we're playing Golf.

I already knew you could get the characters to meet up in the world but this is the first time it's happened randomly without me taking them to the same location. This. Fucking. Game.

It's get wired to you a little while afterwards.

Oh ok. I was thinking that might be it but I just found that strange since on my last heist I'm pretty sure I got the money straight away.

By the way would it surprise you if I said I'm almost 70 hours in myself and I'm only this far in to the story? Still have TONS if side stuff as well. I get distracted so easily in this game.

Terra_Ex

The level of detail is amazing. My Trevor bumped into Michael at the movie studio
after their spat in North Yankton and the two enter a heated exchange in the middle of the street, referencing what just went down in the story shortly before, culminating in Michael telling Trevor to stay the hell away from him
, you just don't see that level of completely optional detail outside scripted cutscenes. It's a pity I only have a few missions left till it's all over.

Wasp

I got all the submarine pieces today. It wasn't too bad, took about an hour to collect all 30.

One thing kept really annoying me though. I parked my dingy perfectly motionless on the surface of the sea whilst I dived down to grab the submarine pieces, then when I surfaced my dingy was drifting off presumably due to the current of the sea, fair enough, except it's drifting at a speed equal to my maximum swimming speed so I can't catch it! This happened on five or six occasions, I always managed to get to it eventually but it took a tedious couple of minutes to do so. Really fucking annoying.

Still no update from Rockstar on the corrupted saves. I'm assuming things are lost forever, so I may as well start again. Can't deny this leaves a slight sour taste on what has been a great experience until GTA: Online came out.

Derrick01

Banned
Still no update from Rockstar on the corrupted saves. I'm assuming things are lost forever, so I may as well start again. Can't deny this leaves a slight sour taste on what has been a great experience until GTA: Online came out.

Yeah I don't think I've ever heard of saves becoming un-corrupted once they corrupt, only that the problems that cause it in the first place are found and fixed. Sorry to say but you're likely screwed there.

I give you credit for starting over though. When GTA online came out I was over 50 hours on my file, my morale would have been shattered if it was corrupted. I probably would have traded it in or just stuck to the Online mode only.

RaikuHebi

Banned
By the way would it surprise you if I said I'm almost 70 hours in myself and I'm only this far in to the story? Still have TONS if side stuff as well. I get distracted so easily in this game.
Not at all surprised I know many people like that aspect of GTA but for me personally I don't find just messing about fun. I like to do all the tasks, I'm very OCD about it haha. Been like this since GTA3.

The level of detail is amazing. My Trevor bumped into Michael at the movie studio
after their spat in North Yankton and the two enter a heated exchange in the middle of the street, referencing what just went down in the story shortly before, culminating in Michael telling Trevor to stay the hell away from him
, you just don't see that level of completely optional detail outside scripted cutscenes. It's a pity I only have a few missions left till it's all over.
I agree, for one thing I'm yet to visit the therapist. So I've missed out on a bunch of conversations relating to certain points of the game from that!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yeah, looks like I got about 6 or 7 main story missions left until I'm finished. I don't want this game's main story to end :(.
Trust me it doesn't end there, the game is only just beginning. I've put 70 hours into the game. I finished the story at 26.

Of course it depends on whether you guys would enjoy all the side-stuff.

Yeah I don't think I've ever heard of saves becoming un-corrupted once they corrupt, only that the problems that cause it in the first place are found and fixed. Sorry to say but you're likely screwed there.

I give you credit for starting over though. When GTA online came out I was over 50 hours on my file, my morale would have been shattered if it was corrupted. I probably would have traded it in or just stuck to the Online mode only.

~45 hours. :\

How the heck am I supposed to land that plane in the cargo area of that of that other plane with Trevor?

Turbulance like a mofo plus I've got
dudes shooting at me

So I have completed the main story mode but Franklin has one remaining mission according to the character selection wheel ... Not sure what it is but it won't seem to trigger ... the 100% checklist has my stats down as ...

69/69 Missions
34/42 Hobbies & Pastimes
15/20 Strangers & Freaks
14/14 Random Events
7/16 Miscellaneous

Any clues?

So I have completed the main story mode but Franklin has one remaining mission according to the character selection wheel ... Not sure what it is but it won't seem to trigger ... the 100% checklist has my stats down as ...

69/69 Missions
34/42 Hobbies & Pastimes
15/20 Strangers & Freaks
14/14 Random Events
7/16 Miscellaneous

Any clues?

Try calling the tow truck chick.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is it me or the BAWSAQ is always down for maintenance?:/

"Dolphins, are delivering BABIES, YOU PUNK A**!"
I need to know the voice behind Ray from Chakra attack

The hold up the store job at the beginning is really annoying. I've been waiting ages for it to re-open because it's 'recently' been robbed.

I like that you both are talking about robbery and both have HellBoy avatars.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I got all the submarine pieces today. It wasn't too bad, took about an hour to collect all 30.

One thing kept really annoying me though. I parked my dingy perfectly motionless on the surface of the sea whilst I dived down to grab the submarine pieces, then when I surfaced my dingy was drifting off presumably due to the current of the sea, fair enough, except it's drifting at a speed equal to my maximum swimming speed so I can't catch it! This happened on five or six occasions, I always managed to get to it eventually but it took a tedious couple of minutes to do so. Really fucking annoying.

That happened to me constantly. At least in some areas where the submarine parts are I was able to shove the boat into some rocks or a structure to keep it from speeding away.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'm sure one of the characters had a military uniform available in their Outfits section after you finish the game but I can't find it. Am I imagining things?

Top Bottom