• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Vol5

I can't believe the trolls online. I'm watching a killzone vid on YT, I glance to the right and the final GTAV mission is listed, essentially giving it away. Thanks.

The fuck...

Definity

I can no longer access the strip club. It's always locked and I need to get in for a mission now? Is this a glitch that other folks have seen so far?

Brizzo24

2 Quick Questions

1. Where can I acquire the scuba suit/gear? If it's a boat can you please tell me where I can find it on the map?

2. Can you acquire and pilot the yellow submarine
after the heist? Where can I find it or buy it?

ThisOne

2 Quick Questions

1. Where can I acquire the scuba suit/gear? If it's a boat can you please tell me where I can find it on the map?

If you buy the Sonar Dock Collections near the northwest side of the map, you get access to the submarine. When you get in the submarine and then exit it, you will be wearing scuba gear.

Finalow

so I'm using
Franklin assassination missions
to make money in the stock market but it's not really game breaking or anything. I mean from 80k I only got to 100k and from 200k I only got to 250k. am I doing something wrong?

2 Quick Questions

Buy the
Sonar Collections Dock
in Paleto Bay for both

so I'm using
Franklin assassination missions
to make money in the stock market but it's not really game breaking or anything. I mean from 80k I only got to 100k and from 200k I only got to 250k. am I doing something wrong?

1 Generally you want to wait a while before selling your stock, almost all stock tips you get double or close to double your investment after 1 ingame day or so. So I am guessing you are bailing out on your investments too early.

2 Save at least 1-2 of those missions for after the ending of the main storyline game when you will have a fuckton of cash to invest. I just doubled my 20 million with one mission. If I had known this I would have just waited to do them all post main story.

Plus those missions are really fun. Wish there were more of them.

Mononoke

Banned
I kind of question why I even play this. I mean, I have a PS4 pre-ordered. And yeah, while PS4 won't have a lot of games..I can't see myself having a PS3/PS4 hooked up to my TV. And given all the shit this GTAO has had, I can't see myself playing this long term beyond a month either.

I dunno. =/ I just wanted to have a little bit of fun. And while this is fun, it's been more aggravating above all else.

rallaren

1 Generally you want to wait a while before selling your stock, almost all stock tips you get double or close to double your investment after 1 ingame day or so. So I am guessing you are bailing out on your investments too early.

2 Save at least 1-2 of those missions for after the ending of the main storyline game when you will have a fuckton of cash to invest. I just doubled my 20 million with one mission. If I had known this I would have just waited to do them all post main story.

Plus those missions are really fun. Wish there were more of them.
Can someone tell me if replaying those missions from the options menu have any effect on this? I almost completely ignored the stock market while playing the story and Michael is getting (relatively) low on cash...

18-Volt

I just started the game and man, police in this game suck. Too hard to lose them especially with 3 stars. They find me wherever I hide, their cars are too damn fast (I can't steal the FIB truck that Lester told me to) and I can't take them out. Losing cops was a lot easier in GTA IV, Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs.

Any tips?

daycru

Beat it! Went with
option B. Michael is a snake, not putting my neck out for him in some insane finale. And Trevor was cool with me.
How do I access the Epsilon missions?

Clevinger

I'm 99% sure I just heard Trevor's voice actor in like a prostate med or erectile dysfunction med type TV commercial.

unfortunately, he wasn't doing his crazy voice

"You want your dick hard? Then fucking take this pill!"

MrDaravon

So is the driving terrible in this or am I just awful? I just failed the first race four fucking times in a row. I haven't wanted to throw a controller like this in probably at least 10 years. Holy goddamn fucking shit.

So is the driving terrible in this or am I just awful? I just failed the first race four fucking times in a row. I haven't wanted to throw a controller like this in probably at least 10 years. Holy goddamn fucking shit.

It's the car & partially this game.
Get a better handling car & be extra careful, races were never a strong suit for the GTA games.

daffy

Banned
I just started the game and man, police in this game suck. Too hard to lose them especially with 3 stars. They find me wherever I hide, their cars are too damn fast (I can't steal the FIB truck that Lester told me to) and I can't take them out. Losing cops was a lot easier in GTA IV, Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs.

Any tips?
The light grey alleyways usually lose them for me once I'm outside their cone of vision. If a helicopter is there then I find a parking deck. Honestly sometimes I park the car and hide behind someone's house gate.

I finished about 50% of the game. Are there any missions where I will actually make some serios cash and keep it.
Currently I am at under 3 million $ combined 2 assassination missions done.

MrDaravon

It's the car & partially this game.
Get a better handling car & be extra careful, races were never a strong suit for the GTA games.

Yeah I just finished the race with liberal use of Franklin's ability. I took what was seemingly the default car that was right by where you talked to the guy at (some sort of 2-door sports car), maybe I get more used to it but goddamn.

cilonen

Are you pressing both sticks to trigger Franklin's special ability at the tough 90 degree bend section?

Edit: nvm :)

Finally picking up the game this week for the PS3. Quick question though, should I update or play offline (vanilla version)? Seems like the updates have been causing people grief.

cormack12

Gold Member
I can no longer access the strip club. It's always locked and I need to get in for a mission now? Is this a glitch that other folks have seen so far?

At some point Trevor becomes
the live-in owner of the strip club - are you up to that part yet? You might just need to character switch....

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This game needs a couple custom outfit slots for your characters, so you can save your personalized clothing sets.

soepje

Was doing the submarine stuff with Michael when I decided I just wasn't having fun, so I switched over to Franklin to finish his missions off. Switched back to Michael now, who had decided to take Amanda with him on a romantic dinner lit by submarine lights.

[URL="http://socialclub.rockstam/EzHNKFD.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Such a romantic.

He also bought armor and got a haircut, the man's got a life.

I just had a game of tennis between Trevor and Michael. Micheal used a assault rifle as tennis racket for the entire game :p

18-Volt

The light grey alleyways usually lose them for me once I'm outside their cone of vision. If a helicopter is there then I find a parking deck. Honestly sometimes I park the car and hide behind someone's house gate.

Car (truck) is way too slow to leave police cars or helicopter behind, I can't get out of their vision and have my stars blink.

There were couple of missions in Sleeping dogs like this, losing cops with a slow car but police would let me go eventually without actually losing them.

Beat it! Went with
option B. Michael is a snake, not putting my neck out for him in some insane finale. And Trevor was cool with me.
How do I access the Epsilon missions?

I'm so sorry....I want to laugh but I feel bad. You're going to need to start all over if you want to access it.

ThisOne

Just did the Strangers and Freaks mission with Franklin where i have to find the
alien spaceship parts. Is there a tracker or anything to help me find them?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Is the map supposed to show me where they are? It just says
Spaceship Parts 0/50 but then doesn't show where any of them are on the map

You can click on not found in the top right corner of the map and it will show them on the map.

daffy

Banned
Car (truck) is way too slow to leave police cars or helicopter behind, I can't get out of their vision and have my stars blink.

There were couple of missions in Sleeping dogs like this, losing cops with a slow car but police would let me go eventually without actually losing them.
IIRC isn't there a period right after you gain stars where the cops haven't shown up yet? Maybe get in and then get back out and hide really quick? Seems like that might work.

Finally found a way to cause some mayhem without the cops spoiling it - ride around on the train shooting stuff. The cops can't quite keep up with the train (or sometimes they spawn hilariously on the track). The only threat is the helicopters, and if you're careful you can keep shooting them down until you're out of ammo :)

soepje

I usually drive of the road if my car is slow, up a mountain, railroad or some construction site etc. Seems to do the trick.

18-Volt

IIRC isn't there a period right after you gain stars where the cops haven't shown up yet? Maybe get in and then get back out and hide really quick? Seems like that might work.

Mission is to steal a moving FIB truck that's full of machine gun armed cops. The moment I get on the truck cops start to shoot and heli arrives the scene. That period is about one or two seconds if we ignore cops shooting. Also I need to deliver truck to lester, if I leave the truck, stupid cops reclaim it in a moment.

This mission is not an actual mission so losing cops is not as easy as one in a mission.

SJRB

Gold Member
After 60 hours the singleplayer campaign is finished, credits are rolling right now.

Not feeling the final missions at all, they felt rushed and extremely anticlimactic. Very unfortunate closure to an otherwise masterpiece.

edit: jesus christ how long are these credits

Top Bottom