• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

UrbanRats

Anyway i completed the story mode.
I was pretty sure this was going to be my GOTY, but i'll probably end up giving it to TLOU.
GTAV is pretty great, but there are simply too many "little things" that frustrate me to no end.

However, GTAOnline seems to fix some of them, which is all the more infuriating.

Slashlen

Which stranger? I don't remember having any on top of buildings...is it possible to glitch it out or something?

Also, whats the best way to fix the same car from spawning everywhere? Is it possible to fix it?

It's probably the Dom mission where you
jump off the building onto the truck
. I think it's the KeyBank building or something like that. I used a chopper to get up there, I didn't see a way up.

E92 M3

It's probably the Dom mission where you
jump off the building onto the truck
. I think it's the KeyBank building or something like that. I used a chopper to get up there, I didn't see a way up.

Oh - then I didn't quite get it yet. Thanks.

Finished the story today, 92% progress. Together with Dark Souls it's easily game of the gen for me. This will be very hard to top in the future. Both by Rockstar and other devs.

Wishes for sequel:

- Bring back driving school
- Bring back car flipping and the damage model from GTA4
- Further refinement of the driving model
- Bring back the Hunter helicopter from SA, this little thing we have in V sucks.
- Have at least a mission with the
Hydra/Jet and include it in the flight school
- Bring back "Real" 100%. What is this bullshit of "25 is enough". 100% in GTA was always difficult to achieve, no need to tone this down so much. In general the difficulty can be increased a bit. GTA needs some stupid hard shit. (loved the stun plane trials)

Most of this is nitpicking/small wishes. The game is almost perfect in my book. Can't wait to put another 100 hours into the PC version.

Also, whats the best way to fix the same car from spawning everywhere? Is it possible to fix it?

That's by design because consoles have limited memory, therefore they can only shuffle between 4-6 car models at a given time. This has been an issue of GTA since 3 and is an issue with most open world games.

E92 M3

That's by design because consoles have limited memory, therefore they can only shuffle between 4-6 car models at a given time. This has been an issue of GTA since 3 and is an issue with most open world games.

Yeah - I know and I sometimes see it in RL and say to myself "gta spawning" lol. In my case though, I literally see mini coopers everywhere; it is beyond the spawn logic.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
It's almost certainly a bug - I was stuck with priuses and SUVs while looking for a car to race with. The only other vehicle I saw was a cement truck, and as soon as I got in it the city was totally devoid of any cars, except, presumably, other cement trucks with a teensy chance of appearing.

I really hope they will change this in GTA6. The current spawning won't cut it anymore.

E92 M3

How do I see open missions again? I thought it was through the phone, but I can't find it now.

What do you mean exactly? If you're talking about the amount of missions available per character, then that is accessed by holding down. Mission select is accessed via the pause menu, and pressing start will show the map with icons that represent various missions.

I heard some people had corrupted saves from one of the patches. Does anyone know if that has been fixed?

I haven't updated yet but would like to.

I've having a hard time with the
heist. I'm supposed to get the gas canister, but the van transporting it travels on those confusing freeways and when I do catch up with it, I don't know how to aim with the gun while driving.
Any tips? Can't you just crash the car?

Loomba

Anyone know why my Franklin has an extra number in the character switching radial compared to Michael and Trevor when all 3 characters only have the same 'H' on the map each?

Not a big deal just really annoying.

PS3 version here. So the game is making me update tonight. When I hit OK, it goes black and I can't even fucking turn off my system. I have to unplug it. Anyone else having issues with the new update?

I lost my Coil and Adder that was in Franklin's garage... So much for that being fixed. Ridiculous that after 12 years Rockstar still can't stop garages/parking spaces from deleting vehicles in them. Already have the Adder back thanks to the consistent, easy to find spawn and customized again which thankfully doesn't cost anything after getting the LSC out in the sticks, would be nice if it worked for all the damn garages so you wouldn't have to talk the drive out there. I'm almost wish Rockstar would take the SR/Sleeping Dogs route with vehicle storage. They already have it somewhat with "special vehicles" at the four car garages and perhaps they should at least add purchased cars/trucks to that list.

Also still annoyed by the fact that each character only gets six spots for cars, actually not sure about Trevor since I haven't bothered since I lost the car I customized for him and parked at the first safe house you get in LS for him.

I got this horrible bug that messes up your phone internet. Basically if you check the internet on the phone it crashes and takes you out of the phone, now your character select wheel is gone and your phone is glitched.

I know the mission that is causing this for me, Meltdown. Every save I have before it the internet works fine, everytime I finish that mission the glitch happens. I have reloaded different saves, done different missions before that one to see if one of those triggers it, nope. I have tried to stay off line, no. I have deleted the patch and reinstalled it, nope.

Others have the same glitch and it seems to happen at different spots for everyone. There is a work around where you never use your phone for internet again, you can log in at computers. This is bullshit.

Foffy

Banned
Is anyone having issues with buying the garages in the game? I can't get the marina, helipad, or the one near the airport. I hit right twice and that's it, no purchase. This basically blew up my attempts at trying to really 100% the game.

Omzz

i think im missing something story wise.
what leverage do the FIB have on the characters? Every time they want them to do something, its always "fuck you not doing this shit" but end up doing it anyway.

i think im missing something story wise.
what leverage do the FIB have on the characters? Every time they want them to do something, its always "fuck you not doing this shit" but end up doing it anyway.

They can turn in those guys at a moments notice. David was the one that helped fake Michaels death, and also knows he's the one behind all the heists. So they leverage that against them to do their various jobs. No idea why Trevor helps though. It's really out of character to help out some FIB agents.

jsnepo

WTF is wrong with the Social Club page? I already sold my shares of Bleeter but it still shows I have shares. The game does not show this though. The funny thing is the Social Club page of BAWSAQ shows that Michael's portfolio is over a billion dollars. How do I sync this? Haha!

RaikuHebi

Banned
You only need 8 knife flights for 100%, correct? I don't see why people complained about those, I only crashed into a building once (really good to quick save while in the air).
You must've used a small stunt plane? I don't think those of us that had trouble did.

gimz

finally had a chance to play it on my brother's PS3 while he's awake for work trip, was playing 7 hours straight, and it was a lot of fun lol

Just done the mission where
you grab Mr K ? from tower
, was that
Michelle (Nikos ex) going to shove a flashlight up his butt ?

Also
the grove mission, was that CJ in the house or some random bloke ?

They can turn in those guys at a moments notice. David was the one that helped fake Michaels death, and also knows he's the one behind all the heists. So they leverage that against them to do their various jobs. No idea why Trevor helps though. It's really out of character to help out some FIB agents.

Loved the game but I agree with your thoughts on Trevor. The
torture
mission was hard to swallow on many levels. For me it seemed especially implausible at that point that he would play ball. If they had a mirroring scene/mission earlier it may have played better.

RaikuHebi

Banned
, was that

Also
Yes.

No, different universe. (why would he be a Ballas).

Loved the game but I agree with your thoughts on Trevor. The
torture
mission was hard to swallow on many levels. For me it seemed especially implausible at that point that he would play ball. If they had a mirroring scene/mission earlier it may have played better.
I hated the whole FIB arc tbh. Could've been done much better and it's annoying because in some way that ended up being the main plot of the game.

Omni

So I'm rappelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror.

TheContact

, was that

Also

Wow I didnt notice that was
Michelle

Just wanted to pop in and say I&#8217;m nearly up to the last missions and I don&#8217;t want it to end! ;_;

This is simply the most ambitious, and one of the best games I&#8217;ve ever played. SO GOOD!!!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Just wanted to pop in and say I&#8217;m nearly up to the last missions and I don&#8217;t want it to end! ;_;

This is simply the most ambitious, and one of the best games I&#8217;ve ever played. SO GOOD!!!
It won't end there. Keep doing all the side-stuff. I put 26 hours into the main story and 44 hours into side-stuff (100% is done but I'm still going).

Was doing the submarine stuff with Michael when I decided I just wasn't having fun, so I switched over to Franklin to finish his missions off. Switched back to Michael now, who had decided to take Amanda with him on a romantic dinner lit by submarine lights.

Such a romantic.

He also bought armor and got a haircut, the man's got a life.

Top Bottom