• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
After 60 hours the singleplayer campaign is finished, credits are rolling right now.

Not feeling the final missions at all, they felt rushed and extremely anticlimactic. Very unfortunate closure to an otherwise masterpiece.

edit: jesus christ how long are these credits

About 20 minutes.

UrbanRats

After 60 hours the singleplayer campaign is finished, credits are rolling right now.

Not feeling the final missions at all, they felt rushed and extremely anticlimactic. Very unfortunate closure to an otherwise masterpiece.

Indeed, however, (FINAL MISSIONS SPOILERS)
sniping that FIB fool gave me more pleasure than any other mission in the game.

RaikuHebi

Banned

Wow, I 100%'d at 60 hours, did the main campaign in 26.

What's your completion percentage?

E92 M3

So, I'm curious guys - when I call someone to hang out. where do I go to pick them up? Nothing ever appears on the radar.

Bollocks

I have like 7 main missions left, I don't want this game to end, it's so good.

The weird thing is that normally by now I have the city layout burnt into my head but with 5 my knowledge of the city is poor at best.

Also is it me or does anyone else feel that the map is under-appreciated.
Throughout the game you see maybe like 30% the rest just goes to waste.
Here's for R* utilizing the online mode to keep the content fresh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow, I 100%'d at 60 hours, did the main campaign in 26.

What's your completion percentage?

I'm currently at 70.35%, but the Social Club didn't update the last few missions yet.

Still have tons of sidestuff to do, only did 6 out of
Strangers and Freaks missions.

T.O.P

Banned
Finished the campaign, 40 hours with some extra dicking around

Easily my game of the generation, coming from someone who hated IV and didn't finish SA out of boredome

Woah

R* deserved all the sales they got from this, mind blowing experience

i decided to kill Trevor, dude is a funny motherfucker but i loved every second of Michael story and i also found him to be defenetely less of a psycho then T, especially after he killed the couple in the apartment

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm currently at 70.35%, but the Social Club didn't update the last few missions yet.

Still have tons of sidestuff to do, only did 6 out of
Strangers and Freaks missions.
Nice. You're going to get way more hours out of it than me. I personally can't stand just messing about in the game, I'm OCD, I have to be doing a mission or side-mission. I presume you did much, much fucking about?

dyergram

Spent about an hour searching for a super bike finally found one drove it to the garage to customise it exact same bike parked outside. Doh.

UrbanRats

Finished the campaign, 40 hours with some extra dicking around

Easily my game of the generation, coming from someone who hated IV and didn't finish SA out of boredome

Woah

R* deserved all the sales they got from this, mind blowing experience

i decided to kill Trevor, dude is a funny motherfucker but i loved every second of Michael story and i also found him to be defenetely less of a psycho then T, especially after he killed the couple in the apartment

Oh man,
you're gonna miss some funny post game shit.

T.O.P

Banned
Oh man,
you're gonna miss some funny post game shit.

Heh i kept myself spoiler-free so far so i donnow anything about the endgame stuff after the campaign

I heard that with my decision i can do an extra mission now?
What are the differences?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've done that and i've never gotten a wanted level because of it. Weird.

It's happened several times for me. It's also not happened several times. It probably just depends on where your plane/helicopter ends up crashing. To be honest the game should just detect that the crash is out of your control and not give you a wanted level regardless of where it crashes or if it ends up landing on people or whatever.

blackflag

Ok I had a 25 dollar off coupon from GS rewards so picked this up despite hating GTA 4 and not really playing any of the others.

I can't even believe this was made by the same developers. I'm not very far in, having just finished the lifehacker conference mission, but this game is balls out amazing. There's so much shit to do, the missions are actually fun, the story so far is awesome, driving is great unlike IV. Sooo good.

Jedi2016

Not sure if this link will get you there but its on the social club site. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist
I'd forgotten I'd signed up for the service on PC, since the PS3 connection was so crappy in those early days. So when I went to that link, I was a little creeped out to find that it had all my progress right there on the screen without me having to do anything.

Bailing out of a plane or helicopter gets you a wanted level just because of the way it gets destroyed when it hits the ground? Seriously Rockstar?
Depends on what you hit. I dropped a chopper into open desert and nothing happened. Dropped a plane into downtown and all hell broke loose (but the heat was off by the time I landed.. hehe).

SJRB

Gold Member
Nice. You're going to get way more hours out of it than me. I personally can't stand just messing about in the game, I'm OCD, I have to be doing a mission or side-mission. I presume you did much, much fucking about?

Hardly, haha. I just love driving around I guess. I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of many of the game's possibilities like races, sports and properties. Haven't even unlocked hunting and bounties.

Still tons of stuff to do.

UrbanRats

Heh i kept myself spoiler-free so far so i donnow anything about the endgame stuff after the campaign

I heard that with my decision i can do an extra mission now?
What are the differences?

I'm not sure, but in my ending
no one died, so i guess you don't have access to all three characters, but some mission givers are still alive?

SirNinja

Beat it! Went with
option B. Michael is a snake, not putting my neck out for him in some insane finale. And Trevor was cool with me.
How do I access the Epsilon missions?

I hope you have a pre-choice save handy.
Deathwish (Option C) is easily the best one. Everyone lives, and the trio proceed to kill the remaining four villains in quick succession. If you pick option A or B, all the antagonists get off easy, and unless you've done every side-mission for the character you killed, you're locked out of getting 100% completion - which in your case, you are, as only Michael can do the Epsilon missions.

Dreez

Can someone tell me how to save my car at
Floyd's Apartment?
Is it literally just in front of the staircase? Thanks in advance.

I completed the story on Friday, possibly one of my favourite games ever. Desperate for some single player content now, although I have a lot of side stuff to still finish.

Jedi2016

Can someone tell me how to save my car at
Floyd's Apartment?
Is it literally just in front of the staircase? Thanks in advance.
Car saves appear to be still be broken. I've lost two bikes to the glitch since they "fixed" it, one that I bought off the internet, and one that I modded up and saved at Franklin's house.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not you're supposed to return those vehicles to the garage in order to "save" them properly? (since the majority of missions require you to abandon whatever you're driving). Because that doesn't seem to be the case with anything else... I've had my completely-destroyed helicopter magically reappear back at the helipad. But I can't save a souped-up Double-T for those quick-getaway situations.

Indeed, however, (FINAL MISSIONS SPOILERS)
sniping that FIB fool gave me more pleasure than any other mission in the game.

Meh. The good heists were easily my favorite part of the game. (GAME ENDING SPOILERS)
What you're talking about would've been cool if I cared about the narrative at all, or if it was a little more dramatic, but it's such a standard scenario. That goes for the entire final sequence, really, which feels so flat. They blew their load with rescuing Lamar and the final heist. The final run feels more like an epilogue than an ending.

UrbanRats

Meh. The good heists were easily my favorite part of the game. (GAME ENDING SPOILERS)
What you're talking about would've been cool if I cared about the narrative at all, or if it was a little more dramatic, but it's such a standard scenario. That goes for the entire final sequence, really, which feels so flat. They blew their load with rescuing Lamar and the final heist. The final run feels more like an epilogue than an ending.
It was an epilogue.
Besides,
that FIB dude incarnated everything about the classic GTA quest giver this game still had (do this for me against your will until you're free to kill me) so killing him off felt like a GTA tradition of sort.

As far as I was concerned, that's exactly what it was.
Just tying up all the loose ends, Godfather style.

It was an epilogue.
Besides,
that FIB dude incarnated everything about the classic GTA quest giver this game still had (do this for me against your will until you're free to kill me) so killing him off felt like a GTA tradition of sort.

It's all about perception. It wasn't built as an epilogue. After the last score, it still felt like the game was building to a big blowoff mission where everyone's problems go away at the same time. In essence, that's what happened, but the missions were boring. In comparison, Red Dead Redemption's "epilogue" mission was much better paced and executed.

Megasoum

Banned
So the only thing left for me to do to get the 100% are the Stunt Jumps....and I hate it.

They are always super hard to find on the map and then they have arbitrary objectives that makes you fail them most of the time...

And of course you always destroy you car so you gotta keep finding new cars.

I just finished the
torture scene
and I've kind of lost the thread.

Can somebody give me a quick summary up to that point?

BIG SPOILERS BELOW:

Why is Mike working with the FIB? Why was Trevor brought in to torture that guy? Who WAS that guy? Why did Mike snipe the guy he called out? Basically... what the hell is going on with the FIB sub-plot?

Another thing, why do Mike and Franklin suddenly know about Trevor's plot to steal the military weaponry? Did I miss a cutscene where T explained the plan to them?

Also, where did the idea to steal the military weaponry come from? Why did he just all of the sudden come up with that heist?

Basically the only plot I'm able to follow is Mike's family being shitty and leaving him...

Megasoum

Banned
Dammit... yeah I don't think I can do it...

The stunt jumps will be the thing that will stop me from getting the last 3% of completion.

Dmax3901

Do any of the money sinks pyramid schemes/self help programs lead anywhere or did I literally waste tens of thousands of dollars on jokes :/

Dead

well not really...yet
what the hell?

You can walk into grocery stores and buy food to refill health? How did I not know this until after I beat the game? Shit isn't even marked on the map!

I loved, loved the music for the mission
Lamar Down
. I'm going to have to buy this soundtrack, aren't I? Do they have a CD of it or is it just iTunes and other digital distribution places?

Clevinger

Do any of the money sinks pyramid schemes/self help programs lead anywhere or did I literally waste tens of thousands of dollars on jokes :/

Epsilon is worth it. Very worth it. Unless you *spoilers for the last mission*
did the last mission and didn't steal the money.

Grinchy

Banned
Dammit... yeah I don't think I can do it...

The stunt jumps will be the thing that will stop me from getting the last 3% of completion.

Damn, it seems like everyone hates the stunt jumps. What is so bad about them? I haven't even tried doing them yet.

Durn it, the GTA 5 soundtrack (by Tangerine Dream) doesn't seem to be available on CD and doesn't have the particular song I loved so much that I mentioned a few posts back, it looks like. =/

Megasoum

Banned
Damn, it seems like everyone hates the stunt jumps. What is so bad about them? I haven't even tried doing them yet.

Well first of all they are kinda hard to find (using a video helps a lot but it's still a pain)

Then they all have an arbitrary condition to succeed it (you have to land in a specific spot but they don't tell you where it is).

Finally you end up totally wrecking your car/bike every other jumps.

For example, the one I'm working on right now I need to jump a dirt pile and land on a bridge... If I'm a bit too much to the left or to the right I land in the water and lose my vehicle. Which means I need to go halfway accross the city to find another proper bike that will be fast enough to do another attempt.

Megasoum

Banned
^That sounds like it's not fun at all.

Yeah and it's really pissing me off... I'm so close to the 100%! I spent all week-end getting the 50 scraps and 50 spaceship parts... Actually had time to watch the whole Godfather trilogy while doing that lol.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah and it's really pissing me off... I'm so close to the 100%! I spent all week-end getting the 50 scraps and 50 spaceship parts... Actually had time to watch the whole Godfather trilogy while doing that lol.

Can't you save and reload?

Well first of all they are kinda hard to find (using a video helps a lot but it's still a pain)

Then they all have an arbitrary condition to succeed it (you have to land in a specific spot but they don't tell you where it is).

Finally you end up totally wrecking your car/bike every other jumps.

For example, the one I'm working on right now I need to jump a dirt pile and land on a bridge... If I'm a bit too much to the left or to the right I land in the water and lose my vehicle. Which means I need to go halfway accross the city to find another proper bike that will be fast enough to do another attempt.

Use quicksave on the phone before every jump. It'll place you right back where you were

maybe

Jedi2016

I've only done one successful jump, and it was by accident.. I actually didn't know it was there until right before I hit it. Managed to land okay, I guess that was the only requisite for that one.

I finished the story today, I'd been staying away from the thread before now. I'm at 73%, still a long way to go (mostly hobbies/pastimes and miscellaneous stuff to finish).

And trying to land a helicopter on a dime sucks. Those things are just too damn floppy, but otherwise they're a hell of a way to get around.

Top Bottom