• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Raxus

Seriously, fuck these glitchy ass replays. Second mission that is straight up impossible to gold medal because of it.

E92 M3

Jesus at the car mod requirements. Are they insane?

Are you talking about the price of modifying sport cars? Just incase you didn't know, the prices do vary by car type...and truth be told, I didn't notice much of a difference post-mod. Finally, if you buy the Las Santons Customs up north (400k I believe) then the cars can be modded for free.

Even in Japan. For some reason i thought it might not be marketed.
BV-logOIQAAKN2v.jpg:large

Foffy

Banned
I finished the game yesterday, and the spoiler stuff is story spoilers.
Was it just me who thought the final mission (choice C) was fucking weak? Nobody was really pinned up to be the big bad dude that was..memorable. All of the bad dudes were fucking D listers. In GTA III and IV, the entire game is premised around revenge and money. VC, LCS, and VCS really make it clear who the bad dudes are very early on. SA does as well, though it falls apart due to so much padding after Los Santos, but even that was more memorable than any antagonist in this game. And what was with the game tossing in previous characters only to have them die minutes later? There's at least two of these.

The gameplay however, makes up for all of that. I don't know if it's just me, but GTA V is really a greatest hits of Rockstar when it comes to gameplay. You have the core GTA formula, mixed with the wilderness that Red Dead brought to the genre, mixed with the core gunplay from Max Payne 3, topped off with some stealth mechanics ala Manhunt, driving ala Midnight Club, some "planning" ala L.A. Noire, and fuck, there's even some Smuggler's Run in the game. It really plays off like it's a greatest hits/best of pretty much every major game Rockstar has put out since the PS2 to today. It makes me very, very interested in GTA Online..I...I might even buy Gold for it. But first, I must 100% the game! I hope the collectable stuff isn't as tedious as it was in previous games. I could buy getting the SPANK packages in GTA III, even the drug statutes/hands in VC/LCS, but IV had probably the worst fucking collect-a-fest thing in the entire franchise. You can't even try to fathom any rationale to hunting fucking birds. Surely V doesn't follow suit there, right?

Oh, on an unrelated note, does Rockstar have any plans on making the bonus content for the Collector's Edition available to the masses? I didn't know it came with exclusive side activities.

the AE86 knockoff is easily the most fun car to drive around. It just slides like no ones business. Shame i can't seem to find anymore of them in SP. its my main car online though.

Yeah, really wish they had the hatch.

Hrmm... shouldn't you be wishing for a GC8 coupe instead?

/Initial D fanboy

Anyway, the easiest way to find a Futo is by doing Beverly's first mission, the game spawns a lot of Futo's during that mission and that AFAIK is the easiest way to find them. But if you've beat the game, try finding an Infernus and just drive around the Hawick Barbershop, basically the Hawick/Rockford Hills area, or they sometimes spawn by the beach. Specifically the parking lot on the eastern side where you can rent a bike and the weed shop. I found a Futo there and next thing you know they just started spawning everywhere.

But yeah, I've got two Futo's, one stock in the Grove Street garage and a maxed out Panda Futo in Franklin's crib.

I wish they had Miata's though. That would've been badass lol.

MAX PAYMENT

Does anyone have the hardware to try this?

I've installed the "play" disc to a high speed thumb drive an have noticed substantial improvements in load times and stream speeds.

What would happen if you installed disc 1 and 2 to separate, high speed thumb drives?

anyone ever use melee weapons? the physics is soo good for police club and golf club (is there a bat?), shame pretty much all missions involve shooting everyone.

anyone ever use melee weapons? the physics is soo good for police club and golf club (is there a bat?), shame pretty much all missions involve shooting everyone.

Yeah there's a bat, I got it in tutorial tdm as a random pick up.
It's my favorite way to kill other players on foot.

Just sprint at them and then BAM hit them across the head.

Since everyones health is so low, It only takes 1 sometimes 2 hits to kill

lol i remember finding a chevy volt looking car that could slide like a motherfucker when tapping the ebrake.

Futo is my main car online. don't care everyone speeds ahead with their 'mustang'.

E92 M3

I love the knife stealth kill - stab in the neck. Are there any hidden melee games in SP that can be acquired but not purchased? Maybe a chainsaw or Katana :D

KAOz

Short bus special
J5kAFMp.jpg

I accidently glitched my game yesterday. Which made Michael end up with the coolest fucking haircut ever. NOT going to change hair again. He looks fucking boss like that.
Best part is that it's always kept that way now.

It's his slicked-back look after swimming. Permanently stuck.

Repo Man

Hi Gaf, I could do with a bit of help here as I seem to be stuck, wether its because of my own stupidity or <insert cautious tone> a game breaking bug remains to be seen. I'll spoiler the rest for other late comers like me...

I've just done a mission where I had to shoot the engine of a plane in flight with a massive gun as Michael, then Trevor takes over on a bike in an effort to retrieve some data from the plane when it crashes. All went well, I finished the mission followed by Trevor taking the "clients" wife as a hostage and then both Trevor and Michael went laying low so I was put in control of Franklin.

Now on Franklin I had some missions to do like retrieving cars for this Devin geezer and I also had some of the paparazzi missions left for Beverly and I had to pick up some weed stashes for Barry so I did those and now my map has a green letter M and a blue letter M pointing at Michaels house to advance the story and if I approach Michaels house as Franklin, I get a message saying "You need to be on Trevor or Michael to start the mission" but as they're both laying low theres nothing I can do even though one of the map markers is green suggesting the mission is infact for Franklin.

So am I missing something here or what ? Do I need to keep myself busy by repeatedly saving the game or doing other side activities to kill time untill the next mission becomes available or is the game well and truly fucked ?

I really hope this is just my stupidity or a small hitch because I aint gonna start replaying the game from the beginning seeing I'm quite far into it.

I finished GTAV yesterday, and my first GTA game I've beaten. After playing this game, I don't think I could ever play the previous GTA games.
My older brother told me about the choices at the end, well he didn't specifically tell me what the choices were, but he did told me that the choices I make would be obvious. As I looked at the choices of killing Trevor, killing Michael, or saving them. Of course, I would choose C. My little brother told me that even if I choose to kill Trevor or Michael, I would lose them permanently.
Overall, the game is the best, and the missions were awesome.

neoism

so I beat it. last night and finally got to the assassination mission got like 160mil on all characters.... has anyone got a lot of money from the airemu / Flyus stock thing... I buy Airemu stock and then blow up a bunch of Flyus planes right... I'd like about 300mil plus on all characters. I fucked up and did the first two Lester missions so I missed out on have a bil or more dollars.. :/

Pyccko

Found this very posh woman living under a bridge

7uwR0Xd.jpg

Shortly thereafter, there may or may not have been an incident involving a point-blank shotgun blast to the face causing a full backflip and subsequent 10 minute police chase (ending in my own flaming death.)

SirNinja

How do I earn 35-41 million on
the big score
? I am deathly afraid of choosing the wrong crew.

Go with the
Obvious
option. Easier overall difficulty, you don't have to do as much to prep for it, and you'll earn quite a bit more money than the other option (about 34.8 million as opposed to 41.6).

Make Taliana Martinez driver for the helicopter. You meet her in a random encounter on the highway between Paleto Bay and Grapeseed. Get her home quickly and she'll be a driver for you. She's excellent (especially if you brought her on the
FIB heist
just before), and her cut is extremely low (5%!).

Have Karim Denz drive the train, he'll do just fine with it. Do NOT have him drive the helicopter, as he'll crash.

Gunmen: The two cheapest ones you have. They (obviously) aren't carrying any of the score, and as such don't have any effect on the mission.

eival

Has anyone else beat it and having a hard time finding the motivation to 100% it?

I may aswell start the story again.

im 87.77% finished, now that i found that submarine by trevor's hanger and figured out how to lift it, i might just start over cause getting that sub all the way on the other side of the island by sea was a pain.

also i can take advantage of the stock market fully

They're pointless now.

Stunt jumps used to be integrated into the environment, now they're just there to be there.

I know and I miss when they came with a reward after completing them, hell I miss that with all the stuff in GTA. Since IV and the Pigeon business Rockstar has been dicks with it. Oh and where are our Vigilante missions?! Franklin also just seems almost perfect for the Ambulance missions as well and if I had to choose I would have much rather had those than the tow truck crap. Well, as long as they came with the appropriate rewards.

Just odd that with a game/series that focuses on having so much to do outside of missions that they take away things to do. Especially things that were basically perfect for this generation and having trophies/achievements. Plus I miss the rewards like increased health and armor, both of which the characters desperately need IMO.

Does anyone have the hardware to try this?

I've installed the "play" disc to a high speed thumb drive an have noticed substantial improvements in load times and stream speeds.

What would happen if you installed disc 1 and 2 to separate, high speed thumb drives?

I doubt there'd be much if any difference installing both to flash drives, might end up slower best to have the play disc data on the drive and the install on the HDD me thinks as you're not splitting bandwidth that way. I wish us on the PS3 side could install the remaining 9GB of the 17.2GB of data onto a flash drive.

Megasoum

Banned
Can you get a bigger garage? The one on grove street seems to only have 2 slots? Or I'm not understanding the garage system properly lol

PS3, SSD - 45 seconds at most I'd say
:D

Yeah ok I stand corrected. I just timed the load game and it's 45sec (on a non ssd drive). It's the first load that I timed at 2:15.

Can you take a date on a pier ride?

Last time I took amanda on a date, the map didnt show the rides just bars and a few other things like tennis

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I beat the game today. 67 hours of awesomeness. Final mission felt pretty meh though. Having
one more mission after the final heist just didn't feel right. I chose option C. It really just felt like an extra mission purely to wrap things up and kill the remaining bad guys. After the big score it felt meh.

Anyway it tops San Andreas for me already, and I've still got tons more to do plus GTA Online. My new favourite game ever. It has its flaws but overall it's just amazing. I have to say the story was the weakest in the series since GTA3 though. The supporting cast is also the weakest. The main 3 were great characters but outside of that....meh. Even GTA IV had a better supporting cast.

I'm really getting annoyed. Every time I buy a new car it will just disappear unless I go park it in the garage after i'm done. If I take it to a mission it will be gone after it. If I switch to another character while driving it will be gone after. Doesn't show up at the police station or at any garage. Why even bother using anything that isn't the default or stolen cars?

Montresor

Someone please help.

What is the best helicopter for the Under The Bridge achievement that has radio station capabilities? The Maverick at the hospital doesn't have that. I don't know if the NOOSE chopper you can steal has it (I'll be picking it up in a few moments to check if it has music radio). If it doesn't, where can I buy one? And if I buy one, will it respawn somewhere if it gets destroyed?

rallaren

So I just took the yellow/black mini car that is on Michael's driveway to LSC and when I got back Jimmy was waiting outisde and had a rant about wanting me to buy a car for him and he then took the car and drove off.

Is it possible to get the other family members new cars by buying them? I have had a stolen mc and Adder in the garage for days.

Edit: Montresor: Fixed it.

Montresor

So I just took the orange or yellow/black car that is on Michael's driveway to LSC and when I got back Jimmy was waiting outisde and some kind of rant that he wanted me to buy a car for him and he then took the car and drove off.

Is it possible to get the other family members new cars by buying them? I have had a stolen mc and Adder in the garage for days.

Lol, I don't know the answer to your question and I don't know why you quoted me. :p

Re: my original post, I was too impatient. The noose chopper has music radio!!!! Whoo!

Has anyone else beat it and having a hard time finding the motivation to 100% it?

I may aswell start the story again.

I was doing everything in the game but now I've kind of just lost motivation to and am just focusing on the story. I'm at 59% with if I can remember 15 or 16 story missions to go. I don't know what I'll do once I beat it.

How I've been entertaining myself in singleplayer when GTA:O is acting weird:

1. Switch to Trevor and make your way to the Vespucci Beach boardwalk
2. Turn on the Fast Run cheat
3. Turn on the Moon Gravity cheat
4. Crank up Slow Motion cheat
5. Punch everyone

I've seriously been socking people in bullet time for the past 30 minutes.

Megasoum

Banned
WTF.... I quicksaved before trying a stunt jump... I failed it so I reloaded my save and now I'm on foot. My bike is nowhere in sight...wtf

Edit: God fucking dammit... again... The airport is eating my bikes.

DarkKyo

I keep customizing a banshee and parking it in Franklin's garage at his safehouse only to never see it again. The old car I customized is always there but my new one never gets saved to it :( is there something I have to do to make that work? Do I have to find a way to un-save my old car to get a new one to latch on?

Mid-to-late game question...

Does the mission "
Hang Ten
" show up on your R* Social Club missions list? My game glitched and I missed it, am worried I won't be able to get 100% now (though I was able to finish the game no problem).

Top Bottom