• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

sappyday

What the hell. I just finished the third heist but I already unlocked the mission where
Trevor kills Debra and Floyd and moves into the Strip club setting up the big score even though I'm still ways behind

Glitch? Will this fuck up my progress. I'm on my second playthrough.

Just tried to finish up Under The Bridges with a guide. 46/50. Goddamn it, I do this all the time. There really needs to be a way to see which ones you have missed.

Megasoum

Banned
Woot woot

gta9dur6.png

The only thing left to do is about half of the random events... I might do them at some point but no hurry.

Bucket's kick in the balls checklist:

1. Whoever designed the last triathlon.
2. Whoever designed the last
Kifflom
mission.
3. Whoever designed the Lighthouse stunt jump.

There's more on my list but that's for starters.

Yerolo

Woot woot

The only thing left to do is about half of the random events... I might do them at some point but no hurry.

Was it easier to do the knife flights with the fighter jet or Trev's prop plane ? I only have ot do these and the stunt jumps and I've hit 100% as well

/Highfive

Bucket's kick in the balls checklist:

1. Whoever designed the last triathlon.
2. Whoever designed the last
Kifflom
mission.
3. Whoever designed the Lighthouse stunt jump.

There's more on my list but that's for starters.

The Triathlon was the worst one for sure...but the 2nd one was easy when you
rig your controller to run in a circle for 10miles
:) Havent done the stunt jumps yet...maybe I should avoid that one then

Megasoum

Banned
Was it easier to do the knife flights with the fighter jet or Trev's prop plane ? I only have ot do these and the stunt jumps and I've hit 100% as well

/Highfive

I did them with the stunt plane. Super easy.

Now I'm trying to do "The Last One" and it's getting on my nerves.

Raxus

Man after the frustration of all the main mission gold medals nearly all the Strangers and Freaks gold medals are a walk in the park.

Only one I am having trouble with so far is Trevor's Grass Roots.

WTF.... I quicksaved before trying a stunt jump... I failed it so I reloaded my save and now I'm on foot. My bike is nowhere in sight...wtf

Edit: God fucking dammit... again... The airport is eating my bikes.
That happened to me but I was doing knife flights in the jet.

Quite annoying

malfcn

Oh, question. Everyone says leave Lester missions alone for the end. But I am setting up a Heist with Mike and Trevor and Lester called and said I had to do his first (for Frank). Is that right?

Oh, question. Everyone says leave Lester missions alone for the end. But I am setting up a Heist with Mike and Trevor and Lester called and said I had to do his first (for Frank). Is that right?

One is mandatory. Leave the rest for post-end clean up and follow a stock market guide for each mission (including the first mandatory one).

I'm not sure what the point is getting a billion.

I did 3 assassinations before learning the trick so did the rest and have 100+ million per character after buying all properties and clothing items

Moofers

Super bored with this game. I'm maybe 10 hours in? I lost track. The jewelry store job was the highlight of the game and it took forever to get there.

-The writing is still corny as hell and I can't take it seriously. My friends love Franklin, but I think they are just under the spell of hearing "nigga" thrown around so freely anytime Franklin's crew is around.

-The shooting sucks. That tiny reticle is easy to miss and I'm playing on a big screen. It just feels like a sloppy-ass shooter, not the 11/10 game all the media seems to be talking about.

-The driving is improved over 4, but still annoying. Its not terrible, its just not great either.

-I have no idea how to advance the main story. All I care about is getting the big 3 together to do some more heists. Instead, I'm stuck driving forklifts, doing Yoga, and delivering drugs. I'm fucking bored here. Let's plan more heists already!

-Very disappointed that the big reunion seemingly went nowhere. "Hey I'm mad and you totally fucked me over all those years ago, but let's forget it cuz we got a mission now and once its over I'll just leave like nothing happened."

-Online is worse. There's no main characters to care about, just random nonsense and a stupid tutorial I can't skip. Christ, just let me figure it out. I know how to race the dumb cars. I know how to kill a guy and take his dope. Jeez.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Maybe this game just isn't for me anymore.

cdkee

Banned
Super bored with this game. I'm maybe 10 hours in? I lost track. The jewelry store job was the highlight of the game and it took forever to get there.

-The writing is still corny as hell and I can't take it seriously. My friends love Franklin, but I think they are just under the spell of hearing "nigga" thrown around so freely anytime Franklin's crew is around.

-The shooting sucks. That tiny reticle is easy to miss and I'm playing on a big screen. It just feels like a sloppy-ass shooter, not the 11/10 game all the media seems to be talking about.

-The driving is improved over 4, but still annoying. Its not terrible, its just not great either.

-I have no idea how to advance the main story. All I care about is getting the big 3 together to do some more heists. Instead, I'm stuck driving forklifts, doing Yoga, and delivering drugs. I'm fucking bored here. Let's plan more heists already!

-Very disappointed that the big reunion seemingly went nowhere. "Hey I'm mad and you totally fucked me over all those years ago, but let's forget it cuz we got a mission now and once its over I'll just leave like nothing happened."

-Online is worse. There's no main characters to care about, just random nonsense and a stupid tutorial I can't skip. Christ, just let me figure it out. I know how to race the dumb cars. I know how to kill a guy and take his dope. Jeez.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Maybe this game just isn't for me anymore.

You can change the reticule in the settings. And well, I'm not going to spoil the story for you but eh.

In my opinion though, driving is great...I don't know what else you want? Auto-braking? It feels fine to me. I can drive around the island in a fast car without crashing...in my opinion it's a perfect balance of realism and arcade feeling.

SirNinja

Currently trying to do the rest of the Strangers and Freaks missions, but running into a lot of technical problems on Franklin's.

I just finished Dom's mission (where the two of you
jump off the tallest building in downtown LS onto the back of a flatbed truck
). Dom's dialogue in the end of the mission implies there's going to be at least one more of his missions, but so far...nothing. The character-switch wheel shows that I have one open mission for Franklin to do, but there's no blip on the map for me to go to (Dom or otherwise), and calling Dom doesn't work either. I slept for a few days at Frank's house and did all the Epsilon missions to pass the time...still nothing.

I also just did the "mission" for Barry where you
go to the city hall for the smoke-in. Frank calls Barry, who hasn't shown up, and finds out why, and that's it.
Was I supposed to do something there? I ended up just walking away, and there didn't appear to be any more Barry missions after that.

Anyone run into either or both problems before? Is there another Dom mission? If so, where is it? If not, what the heck is that one open mission?

EDIT: I remembered I still had to call Tonya to start the third tow-truck mission (where you
rescue a stalled car from an oncoming train
). Thought that would fix it, but Frank still has that "1" on the switch screen. Hmm.

Currently trying to do the rest of the Strangers and Freaks missions, but running into a lot of technical problems on Franklin's.

I just finished Dom's mission (where the two of you
jump off the tallest building in downtown LS onto the back of a flatbed truck
). Dom's dialogue in the end of the mission implies there's going to be at least one more of his missions, but so far...nothing. The character-switch wheel shows that I have one open mission for Franklin to do, but there's no blip on the map for me to go to (Dom or otherwise), and calling Dom doesn't work either. I slept for a few days at Frank's house and did all the Epsilon missions to pass the time...still nothing.

I also just did the "mission" for Barry where you
go to the city hall for the smoke-in. Frank calls Barry, who hasn't shown up, and finds out why, and that's it.
Was I supposed to do something there? I ended up just walking away, and there didn't appear to be any more Barry missions after that.

Anyone run into either or both problems before? Is there another Dom mission? If so, where is it? If not, what the heck is that one open mission?

EDIT: I remembered I still had to call Tonya to start the third tow-truck mission (where you
rescue a stalled car from an oncoming train
). Thought that would fix it, but Frank still has that "1" on the switch screen. Hmm.

That's how Barry's seems to go. Finish all that parachute jumps to get Dom's last mission.

Fjordson

So I haven't been able to play since the night before the online launched, but saw a few people in here saying their single-player saves got fucked up after downloading the online update. Is that a widespread thing? Wondering if I can safely download this or if I should just hold off for now.

After 10 hours I would stop playing.

I see this a lot on GAF, people playing games that bore them. Life is too short brother. Move on to something else.

Whatever my issues are with this game, I'll forever be grateful to Rockstar for getting Tangerine Dream (and Alchemist/Oh No and Woody Jackson) on a game soundtrack in 2013. Such a love/hate relationship with some of their titles, but gotdamn do they make some decisions that align 100% with my tastes on occasion, especially music.

WTF.... I quicksaved before trying a stunt jump... I failed it so I reloaded my save and now I'm on foot. My bike is nowhere in sight...wtf

Edit: God fucking dammit... again... The airport is eating my bikes.

Yeah, had the same problem a few times, it's a bug.
I actually enjoyed most of the jumps, just a few were really stupid. And the fact that some of them can't be done with bikes annoys me.

Got 100% yesterday, fuck yes. Next up are all the trophies and then I will jump into MP. This game ist just way too good.

Alright let me get this straight.

I bought the airplane hanger with Franklin.

Therefore Michael & Trevor can never ever ever again set foot in the airport.

wtf

Also had a weird glitch where I loaded up my game and Franklin had lost all his weapons. Despite never being busted since playing GTA5. Odd.

For anyone who was like me looking for more music as heard in the game (less/no mixing from DJ Shadow, less percussion layered on top of some of the synths, some tracks that just aren't on the OST) THIS PAGE has a bunch of em.

SJRB

Gold Member

wtf

Also had a weird glitch where I loaded up my game and Franklin had lost all his weapons. Despite never being busted since playing GTA5. Odd.

Is this for real? Isn't property like the airplane hangar and the yacht club shared? What the fuck.

wtf

I've got an airport hangar for both Franklin and Michael. Trevor is the only one who doesn't get one, because he already has the Sandy Shores one.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I'm the last mission of the game....

...where I have to make a choice between kill Micheal, kill Trevor, or deathwish, which I assume means don't kill either of them. I'm honestly having a tough time making a choice, because well if I play it more post game, I suppose I'd want to have all the character alive still...but I honestly think for the story that Trevor deserves to die. Killing Micheal really doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense, because he's never really done anything to Franklin for him to wanna kill Micheal. Trevor on the other hand, it's obvious he's a fuckin nutcase.

Sweet Jesus, do you ever get to kill Lamar? I already hate him more than all the bad guys combined.

I can't work out Lamar and Franklin. To me Franklin is the most level headed and clever of the three playables, so why is Lamar his best friend? He's an idiot who has no idea how to pull a scam.
I get the comedy aspect, but there's no way someone with the ambition of Franklin would run with Lamar. Now Trevor, he's a good match for Lamar.

I've got an airport hangar for both Franklin and Michael. Trevor is the only one who doesn't get one, because he already has the Sandy Shores one.

It really sucks. Means Trevor can't go to the airport and he can't have a helipad in town. Annoying since he always seems to spawn at the
strip club for me post-game. :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

wtf

You have to buy another one for Michael. One each for each character.

Ugh, even worse is that I flew my helicopter down to the southern end of the airport to find a collectible, got 3 stars for being over the airport, police heli spawns within firing range of me and I get shot down within 30 seconds.

Great fun.

Yuripaw

Banned
WTF at the last Dr. Isiah Friedlander mission?! I sure didn&#8217;t see that coming.
He got away from me! : (

Mission spoilers, don't click if you haven't played that one.

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/5101/LSi813gnxUWiM8zBPLQKhQ/0_0.jpg

He didn't get away from me, lol

It did seem like that situation just kinda popped out of no where, I didn't understand what was going on.
I was just glad I had a chance to kill that asshole.

E92 M3

Mission spoilers, don't click if you haven't played that one.

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/5101/LSi813gnxUWiM8zBPLQKhQ/0_0.jpg

He didn't get away from me, lol

It did seem like that situation just kinda popped out of no where, I didn't understand what was going on.
I was just glad I had a chance to kill that asshole.

He didn't live with me either -- I put a stick bomb on his car and just followed for all of the dialogue. Had to make sure he was exploiting Michael. Though, I will miss the sessions -- they were interesting.

E92 M3

It appears on the news if he gets away. A former patient kills him before he gets to host his new show. Personally, I just popped his tires and shotgunned him to death.

Ah - a justified death. Thanks.

Asshole charged too much for phone conversations, lol.

Top Bottom