• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Omni

Played some online today and then when I went back to single-player Michael had no weapons in his weapon's wheel. Great! : /
That happened to me. Plus my million dollar car was in the impound.

Had to buy all the weapons again as a result. Great way to drain your money, heh

Played some online today and then when I went back to single-player Michael had no weapons in his weapon's wheel. Great! : /

Yeah, this happened to me first time I played GTAO, all of Trevor's weapons vanished. Only happened the first time though.

Had my first ride on the subway last night. Crazy that all that work went into something that never gets used.

rallaren

Yeah, this happened to me first time I played GTAO, all of Trevor's weapons vanished. Only happened the first time though.

Had my first ride on the subway last night. Crazy that all that work went into something that never gets used.
It's funny how R* works.

There's some DLC on the way afaik.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Who else is finally bored of this? It's been like 4 days straight that I haven't played after playing at least a 2-3 hours every day from release. Can't believe how quickly the hype came and went. Seems like only recently I was still waiting for the release.

Who else is finally bored of this? It's been like 4 days straight that I haven't played after playing at least a 2-3 hours every day from release. Can't believe how quickly the hype came and went. Seems like only recently I was still waiting for the release.

Well the game is a playground, but most people still treat it like Call of Duty and grind grind grind.

If you purposefully play the most boring way imaginable, of course it will get boring.

I would love to get 16 people together and just come up with crazy shit to do. Like putting remote bombs on 15 cars, having 1 dude at the bottom of the mountain, then driving those cars off the mountain and having the 15 dudes parachute down while exploding the 15 cars and taking phone shots from the bottom of the mountain lol. Shit like that.

Or doing blue angel style stunt flying in the planes.

Laundry list of fun stuff you could try online but can't because its nigh impossible to get 16 player games going with people who actually want to have fun, not just grind all day for rank and money.

Fjordson

Haven't even finished the story yet. Keep getting sidetracked by side stuff.

Well.....booted up the game this morning before heading off to work. New update installs. Title screen loads up aaaaaaannnnnnddddd.... saved game is corrupt and can't load. 100% completion down the tube.

I heard stories, but never thought it would happen to me. I'm speechless.

#Rockscars

RaikuHebi

Banned
Well I suppose I should've provided some context. I've played 70 hours and have got 100% and have nearly done all the non-100% side-stuff as well.

The online didn't hook me in at all (I don't even like online games generally). I want online co-op that is like Portal 2. I think that might be what the heists will be like, so hopefully that'll save it for me.

Well I suppose I should've provided some context. I've played 70 hours and have got 100% and have nearly done all the non-100% side-stuff as well.

The online didn't hook me in at all (I don't even like online games generally). I want online co-op that is like Portal 2. I think that might be what the heists will be like, so hopefully that'll save it for me.

What are you thinking? Pretty sure you are going to be disappointing if you are expecting that. lol.

TheContact

Lol I just heard on the radio that the
Chinese guys after Trevor
is called the Wei Shen clan

I am 30% into IV but don't feel like continuing. I just don't like anything about the game. Nico says something funny once in a while but that's it. It tends to surprise me though which is why I hesitate.

Should I just start with the DLC?

It's still a great game, just not compared to V. I'd say it's worth playing all the way through for the story at least, the game is referenced a few times in V. The DLCs do improve the game a lot though especially TBoGT

The one thing i want from the next GTA is to be able to transport my vehicles. I still get sour every time i see one of those packer trucks. Why didn't Rockstar let us use those things? I hope they fix their physics engine to allow cars to be transported in our in other vehicles. I'm burnt that some of the cost things can only be done in missions and are absent in fee roam. Example is the cargo plane, the humane research labs, and other interior spaces.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
I heard an ad or maybe a Weasel News story on the radio about tattoos - specifically
one that was a treasure map
. Any truth to that?

lil smoke

Banned
Some of the stuff deep in the internet, like the chats... that stuff is golden.

I have no problem with the little stuff in the game, well detailed, but man it's easy to miss. You have to scour the game to find some of the stuff.

I'm around 40%, I have 2 available missions only for Trevor to get into protected areas. I think they explained the mission while I was driving somewhere, no where to recall any guide in game on how to approach this?

Is there a way to figure certain things out without getting the answers on the internet? Last 2 days I have been trying to concoct an approach on my own, but falling flat.

Is there a stock market guide for LCN? I'm not talking about the random missions, Lester's missions, etc. I'm looking for a guide that shows how you can influence each stock through single player actions. I finished the main story and now I want to play the LCN market while I mess around in the world.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The lock on missiles for the Buzzard are shit. They keep messing up and missing the target even if you're locked on. Feels like luck of the draw whether they'll actually hit police choppers or not.

Sorry for people who played with username MemphisCreep who dropped out of the game... that was me, plugging in a controller that shortcircuited the PS3 and crashed it :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
GTAIV is the worst feeling AAA game I played the entire generation. I didn't like how it felt on day 1, and I grew to dislike it more and more since. Any HINT of that game in GTAV irks me to no end. After Max Payne 3, the control mechanics and animations in that game should've been Old Yellered by Rockstar North never to be seen, felt, or heard from again. The fact that there are remnants of it in GTAV is enough to dock a point in a review IMO. It's unacceptable.

As for the distance on the cover system: I find it just makes cover more cumbersome. I'll often try to take cover on a pillar, or some thin object and be magnetized to a fence, or another wall, or some random desk, or whatever the environment is. You can barely cut off the cover animation, then it takes ages (relative to combat speed) to get off that piece of cover before you lose half of your life. It's still a janky feeling system IMO. And in regards to the health system: The characters are so weak, and the enemies so accurate that regen barely does anything. Same for vests. Without any strong visual feedback, you go from fully healed to near death in the span of 3 seconds and die without getting to react, partly because the enemies are so lethally accurate and partly because the mechanics aren't up to snuff. I'm not even kidding when I say Red Dead Redemption felt more coherent and comfortable in combat. On top of that you still take incredible amounts of damage from everything to the point that I wonder why they even upped the level of crazy if they were still going to make the player so fragile.

But man, you seem to have enjoyed aspects of GTAIV's combat, so we'll never agree on this. I'm obviously in the minority as all the 10/10s and 12 million+ sales show you.

You are dead-on in this criticism. Some people are just highly tolerant of jank.

Yerolo

Am I alone on this one ?

Anyone else having an issue with the mod shops, barber & tattoo parlors not showing up on the map ? I tried driving to them anyway, and they dont open up like they normally do

I've already finished / 100%'d the game....is this supposed to happen ?

SJRB

Gold Member
Well the garage system is still fucked. I bought the Bentley Continental-type car, fully upgraded it, put it in my garage, then got it out, drove around and abandoned it.

Some time later I go to the impound only to find two completely different cars there. Isn't it supposed to overwrite so that the latest car saved in a garage by default turns up at the impound?

Long story short my fucking Bentley is gone. And the sailboats still don't sail, goddamnit! I bought a 500,000 dollar sailboat that doesn't sail. Fix this shit Guerilla!

So, i think i've missed some amount of the story in the game since downloading GTAO.

Saw a mention of
the death scene of
molly schultz in another thread and although i remember hearing it mentioned by trevor / michael at one point i was sure i hadnt seen it so i youtubed it and there appears to have been a whole segment
(the drive to the airport, her death, picking up the film reel, even the reason she had the film reel in the first place)
that i didnt see when playing the game, even though i have since completed it

I can only chalk it up to GTAO because i'd been playing the game pretty much every day but because of the problems with GTAO i just stopped for a few days so when i came back to it and they were talking about her briefly I just thought i'd forgotten or missed something.

Does anyone know the names of the missions i'm missing in particular so i can replay them? I hope i've only missed one mission

Anyone heard of problems like this?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Does anyone notice that the voices when the three main characters are talking during missions have a lot of distortion/noise in them? (In the 360 version)

I'd been playing on headphones, and just got a new 5.1 system. I notice quite a bit of distortion on the voices that are played through the center channel. I thought it was maybe the speaker, but I swapped it out with another one and it still happened.

Everything else sounds fine on this new sound system, no distortion/noise. Just on the voices in GTA5. It almost sounds like there's too much treble in the voices, or they were sampled at a lower rate.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It might be silly, but I'm still a bit annoyed that Rockstar continues to put vehicles in their games that they wont let us use properly outside of story missions or cutscenes. Trains, I mean really, how can we still not drive these ourselves, some people might think trains are boring, personally I would love just to drive around, especially online as who wouldn't want a big armoured vehicle like this for a little bounty fun. The two engine passenger jet also can't be used but the intro to GTAO shows it has some sort of modeled interior, and then there is the big cargo plane seen in a rather cool stranger mission involving the quad bike that would make for great similar hijinks online, but nope, no fun there either.

I also wish they would just let us buy and put on gloves, lol.

TheContact

I uninstalled and re-installed the game but now it's not picking up my special edition content-- I don't have the option to call a blimp. How do I go about re-activating it?

Edit: I Fixed it by going to the PS store, searching my DL history, and re-downloading it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Where can I find an helicopter with Franklin? I'm at Trevor's airfield and there's nothing, not even an airplane, yet the submarine is there...

Side note, it sucks that all the suits you get in story missions are not unlockable. For example that parachuting outfit, I don't have it:/

edit: found one on the hospital

MattDoza

Where can I find an helicopter with Franklin? I'm at Trevor's airfield and there's nothing, not even an airplane, yet the submarine is there...

Side note, it sucks that all the suits you get in story missions are not unlockable. For example that parachuting outfit, I don't have it:/

edit: found one on the hospital

You can also just steal the parachuting helicopters.

Derrick01

Banned

I am but that's because all I have left are really boring things like stunt jumps and under the bridges. I put about 73 hours into the SP so most games are going to get boring long before that.

I wish I could get into Online but Rockstar made so many awful decisions it's like trying to play a F2P MMO. It's all endless grinding for peanuts so you can buy 1 lowly item after hours of work. The good stuff is going to take hundreds of hours to get, they clearly want you to spend real money to speed the process up. Just like a F2P game.

Yerolo

I am but that's because all I have left are really boring things like stunt jumps and under the bridges. I put about 73 hours into the SP so most games are going to get boring long before that.

I wish I could get into Online but Rockstar made so many awful decisions it's like trying to play a F2P MMO. It's all endless grinding for peanuts so you can buy 1 lowly item after hours of work. The good stuff is going to take hundreds of hours to get, they clearly want you to spend real money to speed the process up. Just like a F2P game.

Yep, I feel exactly the same way. I 100%'d the game after putting 75hrs into it, so I cant really complain....got more than my money's worth. I feel the same about GTA:O as you...plus I only have a xbl silver sub.

MS kindly gave us a few free days of gold and I got to trial it out then.... the grind-fest nature of it turned me right off. I was willing to activate a gold sub if it was worthy, but it wasn't for me

I am 30% into IV but don't feel like continuing. I just don't like anything about the game. Nico says something funny once in a while but that's it. It tends to surprise me though which is why I hesitate.

Should I just start with the DLC?

If you can't take it any more then move onto the DLC. But if you ignore all the nonessential stuff, the main storyline of GTA IV is OK. At least get to the big bank heist. Lost & Damned is good. Gay Tony is great.

You got this patch:

Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match

Yerolo

You got this patch:

Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match

But they still havent fixed the issue of missing mod shops, barber shops and clothes stores. Nice one Rockstar

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I was actually just thinking this morning how it's odd that I've not gotten tired of this yet. Way over 100 hours now between SP and MP and I love it. As soon as I 100% the SP I'm going back to gold the missions between MP games. Game of the Forever.

lem0n

Doing some Epsilon missions at the moment.

I can't remember the last time I had to rubber band my thumbstick :lol

Darko

Well the game is a playground, but most people still treat it like Call of Duty and grind grind grind.

If you purposefully play the most boring way imaginable, of course it will get boring.

I would love to get 16 people together and just come up with crazy shit to do. Like putting remote bombs on 15 cars, having 1 dude at the bottom of the mountain, then driving those cars off the mountain and having the 15 dudes parachute down while exploding the 15 cars and taking phone shots from the bottom of the mountain lol. Shit like that.

Laundry list of fun stuff you could try online but can't because its nigh impossible to get 16 player games going with people who actually want to have fun, not just grind all day for rank and money.

You can make a private session and invite friends.

As amazing as this game is and how much it grows on me from day to day, I still feel that Red Dead Redemption did a few things better and, as a whole, gripped me more then this game did. One of it being the overall atmosphere and how riding a horse through the landscape actually felt real.

This sounds like an awaesome idea, i'm up for it.

PS3 or 360?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I still laugh out loud at some of the dumb shit NPCs say in these games.

In single player, I parked my bike up near the beach as Franklin, obviously getting too close for a bikini lady who shouted "IT'S TERROR!"

Also in Online went into Ammu-nation and the clerk goes "Sorry, no try before you buy... that was a disaster."

The delivery was perfect xD

Kind of enjoying this. It's half fun/half tedious. Stealing stuff in free play is fun, the missions are a chore. For such an acclaimed game the story and writing are terrible. Actually skipped some of the dialogue between the main characters because I couldn't stand it anymore.

Feel kind of disappointed about the mission gameplay too, from the trailers thought there'd be a lot more flexibility in managing heists but it's still a matter of do exactly what they want you to do in the way they want or fail the mission. Was hoping the gameplay had evolved since GTA4.

For an open world game the missions are really scripted and sometimes downright stupid in how you have to carry them out. Would really love this game if you could place the characters, choose getaway vehicles and routes, strategise how to bring down security systems, stuff like that.

Finished the stunt jumps last time, thank god. That was pretty painful. Still gotta get all the other collectibles but they should all be easier to get. The under the bridge and knife flights are easier right?

Top Bottom