• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

lil smoke

Banned
As amazing as this game is and how much it grows on me from day to day, I still feel that Red Dead Redemption did a few things better and, as a whole, gripped me more then this game did. One of it being the overall atmosphere and how riding a horse through the landscape actually felt real.

I got RDR for free at ToysRUs when I got GTAV.

Is it still worth giving it a spin? Or will it feel redundant or dated?

GenericUser

finished the story, maude (assasination stuff - havent't done any of it) won't answer the phone, am I screwed or can I fix this? Anybody had the same problem?

macewank

Can someone explain to me what the relationship between Michael and the FIB is? and who is Brad?

Story spoiler:

Michael, Brad, and Trevor were the 3 characters you played in the opening scene. Trevor is the one who got away. Brad got shot. Michael hid behind a wall and was caught by the FIB, whom he paid off in exchange for his freedom

Can someone explain to me what the relationship between Michael and the FIB is? and who is Brad?

Michael made a deal with the FIB so he could go into a witness protection program. Brad is the guy who got shot when T, M and he did a heist. They set it up that everyone thought M died and Brad was sent to prison. In reality, M was alive and Brad was dead.

Chris R

So is the PC version really coming out Q1 2014? If so I might just sell my PS3 version now and wait for the PC version to finish the game.

Finalow

1 Generally you want to wait a while before selling your stock, almost all stock tips you get double or close to double your investment after 1 ingame day or so. So I am guessing you are bailing out on your investments too early.

2 Save at least 1-2 of those missions for after the ending of the main storyline game when you will have a fuckton of cash to invest. I just doubled my 20 million with one mission. If I had known this I would have just waited to do them all post main story.

Plus those missions are really fun. Wish there were more of them.
thanks, I already did 2 of them but I'm saving the rest for the endgame.

anyhow, this game is gorgeous.

SJRB

Gold Member
Playing as Michael I just came home at about 2am, walked into the bedroom and
caught Amanda.. entertaining herself. I startled her and she threw her toy at me.

That was kinda hot haha.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This thread dying like this, to me, aligns with how good GTAV actually is.

What do you mean?

I think everyone is just over in the online thread now. That's the thing when everyone gets a game at the same time, we all finish at the same time too. Was a frenzied few weeks for sure!

SJRB

Gold Member
This thread dying like this, to me, aligns with how good GTAV actually is.

Nonsense. When you put 70 hours into a game there's little left to ask/discuss. This thread is calming down because people migrated to the online thread, and because most people finished it. With a dedicated spoiler thread to discuss the story and a thread for the online segment, there isn't much to talk about in here.

So is the PC version really coming out Q1 2014? If so I might just sell my PS3 version now and wait for the PC version to finish the game.

Eurogamer quoted "inside sources" so there's nothing official, I think they also leaked the fact that GTA:O had micro transactions (not sure about that though). I don't see Rockstar doing an exception with GTAV and skip a PC version, not to mention the listings, rumors, mentions of a PC version in the code of iFruit/Max Payne 3/etc.
Q1 2014 sounds about right too, fits the usual ~6 months delay of GTA on PC.

Chris R

Eurogamer quoted "inside sources" so there's nothing official, I think they also leaked the fact that GTA:O had micro transactions (not sure about that though). I don't see Rockstar doing an exception with GTAV and skip a PC version, not to mention the listings, rumors, mentions of a PC version in the code of iFruit/Max Payne 3/etc.
Q1 2014 sounds about right too, fits the usual ~6 months delay of GTA on PC.

I'm just torn, because I know the game would run so much better on my PC (loading times on PS3 are pretty terrible) and seeing headshot goals at the end of missions make me want to use a KBM setup... Only put 7 or 8 hours so far, going to try to double that this weekend to see if the game grows on me more, but if not I guess I'll just sell it now and wait for the PC.

Well the game is a playground, but most people still treat it like Call of Duty and grind grind grind.

If you purposefully play the most boring way imaginable, of course it will get boring.

I would love to get 16 people together and just come up with crazy shit to do. Like putting remote bombs on 15 cars, having 1 dude at the bottom of the mountain, then driving those cars off the mountain and having the 15 dudes parachute down while exploding the 15 cars and taking phone shots from the bottom of the mountain lol. Shit like that.

Or doing blue angel style stunt flying in the planes.

Laundry list of fun stuff you could try online but can't because its nigh impossible to get 16 player games going with people who actually want to have fun, not just grind all day for rank and money.

Sounds rad if the game had an actual freemode. You'd have to run from the cops for quite some time and lose most of your money lol

MYeager

In the beginning of the game Michael, Trevor and Brad were robbing a bank, there was supposed to be a chopper waiting for them but instead they ran into an FIB ambush. Brad is shot, then it's shown that Michael is shot by FIB agent Dave Norton with a sniper rifle, hitting Michael in the shoulder. Trevor manages to escape. Later you find out that Dave and Michael had a deal. Dave gives Michael a new identity and in return he takes credit for shooting and killing the infamous Michael Townley. Dave makes his career off of that, and Michael continues to pay him with kick back money to protect his identity as Dave set it up under the table without approval from the FIB.

Michael retires and lives off of his stashed money until the events in the game. Trevor believes the official story and believes that Michael died and that his friend Brad survived and is in prison. When Michael does something to threaten his cover he talks to Dave, who is having problems of his own. Since the fake identity Michael has wasn't official FIB witness protection and was an illegal deal, Dave asks for help in exchange for keeping his identity intact. Steve Haines gets involved and uses it as leverage but doesn't give a fuck if Michael gets burned or not, just that Michael is useful. Trevor gets involved because he's trying to figure out what the real relationship between Michael and the Feds is, while Franklin wants to help out the guy who helped him earn his first big score.

Finalow

caught Amanda.. entertaining herself. I startled her and she threw her toy at me.

That was kinda hot haha.
oh, nice. how much did they show?

I can't see that anymore, I'm afraid. :(

I'm half convinced this game started with them wanting Tommy Vercetti in it.

Also is it just me or does Michael's FIB friend look like Olec Krupa in the concept art?

SJRB

Gold Member
oh, nice. how much did they show?

I can't see that anymore, I'm afraid. :(

She was just wearing her casual outfit, no nudity or anything haha.

By the way, is there a glitch that makes npcs randomly act agressive? I noticed that npcs get super hostile when I wear certain outfits [tuxido, even the Max Payne parrot shirt for fucks sake]. Why is this happening?

smik

IGN did a Spoilercast with Steven Ogg (Trevor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6qFRu9TrDM

Its awful. They don't talk to him, they don't ask him questions, they don't let him talk.

OMG, thats was honestly soo cringe worthy to watch

They literally just shat on the game right in front of Steve Ogg and then proceeded to not ask him no questions or involve him, very VERRRY unprofessional, people who watch this want to hear Steve's take on his character Trevor and GTA and have some positive chatter about the franchise

all this negativity on a game IGN rated 10/10 "masterful" sounds more like it should have received a 4/10 , just dont understand how they got Justin Davis and the other guy who clearly are not into the game, IGN really dropped the ball here

I honestly love IGN (despite its constant hat on GAF) but this was pretty bad and unprofessional especially from Justin Davis, he literally had that smug look like he cant wait to just rip on GTA.

shield

OMG, thats was honestly soo cringe worthy to watch

They literally just shat on the game right in front of Steve Ogg and then proceeded to not ask him no questions or involve him, very VERRRY unprofessional, people who watch this want to hear Steve's take on his character Trevor and GTA and have some positive chatter about the franchise

all this negativity on a game IGN rated 10/10 "masterful" sounds more like it should have received a 4/10 , just dont understand how they got Justin Davis and the other guy who clearly are not into the game, IGN really dropped the ball here

I honestly love IGN (despite its constant hat on GAF) but this was pretty bad and unprofessional especially from Justin Davis, he literally had that smug look like he cant wait to just rip on GTA.

If I had a drink every time he said he had story issues with the game....

Fjordson

IGN did a Spoilercast with Steven Ogg (Trevor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6qFRu9TrDM

Its awful. They don't talk to him, they don't ask him questions, they don't let him talk.
Aside from the fact that I disagree with almost everything the two dudes in the middle said, what was the point of having Ogg there? Would have hoped for an in-depth interview with him. Much more interesting than a couple of whining editors. Very awkward video.

That was kinda hot haha.

That's awesome. Will have to wait for my second playthrough on PC to see it (I will keep entering the bedroom like a fucking creep).

haikira

Just wondering what category of completion the assassination missions for
Lester
fall into after the first? Was just wondering if they went somewhere else in stats, since they're not required, or else you could finish the game without the story mission bar being full.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lester
fall into after the first? Was just wondering if they went somewhere else in stats, since they're not required, or else you could finish the game without the story mission bar being full.

I actually have no idea where these are counted either, same with some of the Heist prep stuff. I would think they're main missions since that's what you can replay them under, but I beat them before I finished the game so I couldn't use the stats to see.

Lima

Lester

They will be listed under Strangers & Freaks.

Raiden

Banned
Ugh .. so me and my friends were messing around causing mayhem with cheats on. There was a note that in this session achievements were disabled. Now i didnt save the game but when i turned on my Xbox again i still had all those weapons .. Is my save file fucked now?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I feel like I'm getting really bored of police in this game, if it isn't that one star means trying to shoot the crap out of you with guns its the fact that police cars and helicopters have a tendency to just spawn out of no where making any strategising pointless because they will literally appear in front of you.

I feel like I'm getting really bored of police in this game, if it isn't that one star means trying to shoot the crap out of you with guns its the fact that police cars and helicopters have a tendency to just spawn out of no where making any strategising pointless because they will literally appear in front of you.

Tell me about it. And they have super accurate aim to deplete even the most expensive body about in seconds from the chopper while you're driving at 100mph!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Tell me about it. And they have super accurate aim to deplete even the most expensive body about in seconds from the chopper while you're driving at 100mph!

Ay, guns cut through armour like a hot knife through butter, especially SMGs, they will kill you flat out in a second if someone can get a lock on you, I've failed a number of missions because whoever it is I am chasing in the car ahead just fills me with bullets without issue.

One star cops have never shot at me. At 2 stars they start shooting. Agreed on the appearing choppers though that's annoying.

I complained about it because I had only just been killed by the cops, I was getting away after stealing a car and foolishly went down an alley with stairs this car wouldn't get up, they just drove up my backside, got out, and shot me dead before I could get out of the car properly.

Raiden

Banned
Ugh .. so me and my friends were messing around causing mayhem with cheats on. There was a note that in this session achievements were disabled. Now i didnt save the game but when i turned on my Xbox again i still had all those weapons .. Is my save file fucked now?

I'll quote this for the new page.

Anyone?

One star cops have never shot at me. At 2 stars they start shooting. Agreed on the appearing choppers though that's annoying.

Aye, never been shot by 1 star cops. The problem is that 1 star cops almost automatically become 2 stars. If a 1 star cop is in range to shoot you, and you escape, you now have 2 stars.

Not quite sure what motivated Rockstar's design choice with making 2 stars the new 1 star.

Top Bottom