• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dave_6

Encountered a totally "No Country For Old Men"-esque random event. Sooooo good.

The little things is what makes this game shine. The AI is really something. Chased down a biker who had stolen a wallet and by the time I got back to the victim, he was on the phone with the cops and said "oh wait, the guy is coming back" and hung up. RS went the extra mile and then some.

Stuff like this is completely awesome. Them details!

Dreaver

Trevor is so awesome. I actually expected him to be my least favorite character... but I think he turns out to be my favorite. I don't like his normal look, but tattoos + beard + glasses + cap = awesome.

I love this game, but fuck me have R* served up the biggest piece of shit mission I have ever played in a game.

The third triathlon mission and I'm 23 minutes in and still cycling! This is such bullshit, it's not fun, it's not entertaining in any way imaginable. 23 fucking minutes in and I'm still cycling. So pissed off

Derrick01

Banned
If you watch it, please report back. Interested in how they slant it. Just a normal news story or do they try to demonize it or connect to mass shootings, etc?

It was actually reasonably done. The host shut up for most of it and let their guest, a gaming person from Wired, talk and explain why it's such a big deal to the rest of the world. The only downside is they had like 3 minutes for the whole segment so the person didn't have a lot of time to talk.

Of course the host had to get their old person joke in. "I'm a pac man girl hurr derp" I could have guessed she was going to say that, they always say something like that.

how can you golf...i went to the course early on during the game and couldnt do anything but drive around a cart.

You may have to play as Michael. I'm not sure if they'll let Franklin do it.

Wes

venison crêpe
I love this game, but fuck me have R* served up the biggest piece of shit mission I have ever played in a game.

The third triathlon mission and I'm 23 minutes in and still cycling! This is such bullshit, it's not fun, it's not entertaining in any way imaginable. 23 fucking minutes in and I'm still cycling. So pissed off

So good when it's over though.
Especially if you win.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Since people are talking about the radio: I think it's awful. The talky bits can be funny, and the rock station has a few good songs, but other than that there's just nothing for me there. Don't like hip-hop/rap, don't like reggae, don't like most pop, etc. But oh well, it's always like that in GTA games. Rockstar hates metal!

Alpende

how can you golf...i went to the course early on during the game and couldnt do anything but drive around a cart.

Is the icon on the map? If not, then play the game some more. If it is, go to the entrance of the club itself and press right on the D pad. It costs 100 dollars to play. I don't know if it's Michael exclusive.

AkuMifune

Banned
Oh man..

I have been laughing whenever Trevor opens up his mouth.

He is now my most favorite GTA character ever.

I've only just got there, but as someone who really liked the character arc in TLAD, Trevor's introduction was really painful to me.

And Johnny

kris.

Banned
Since people are talking about the radio: I think it's awful. The talky bits can be funny, and the rock station has a few good songs, but other than that there's just nothing for me there. Don't like hip-hop/rap, don't like reggae, don't like most pop, etc. But oh well, it's always like that in GTA games. Rockstar hates metal!

ehm...
TL&TD turned the hardore station from 4 into a DM station. They clearly don't hate metal.

ThisOne

Well, Trevor's first set of missions were one heck of an introduction to the character.

Agreed. Just finished them. Really starting to like the game a lot now. It felt a little too "samey" to me at the beginning but now I'm definitely having more fun with it than IV.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Woah shit awesome moment.

Driving along down some abandoned roads then I hear car horns blaring. I go to check it out and it's a massacre with shit loads of bodies and some dogs. Looks like a drug deal or something gone wrong and I found 25k in cash so stole it. ;p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm really enjoying this game, but R* is awful at player controls. Such a (needlessly) clunky game. Especially inside when you're in a gun fight.

At least when you're outside, firing a shot will allow you to run (for a few seconds) with just the analog. For those few seconds, walk and run are both on the stick. But when you're inside, it's forced walking and just so clunky.

Maybe someone should tell R* that we don't have two thumbs on our right hands and that it is physically impossible to hold X and control the camera at the same time.

Ha! I was just about to post about that one; did it last night and took me a little over 30 minutes to finish. At one point I accidentally switched to the "helicopter cam" view and ended up completely wiping out on my bike, but for some reason decided to stick with it. Probably wouldn't have won, but as luck would have it, I think I maxed the stamina stat during the race, because I was pounding the button to bike faster, but my stamina just kept going up and up, and stayed maxed until I just barely managed to make first place at the very end. Pretty long, but that last minute victory was so damn satisfying.

Going back to work today has been horrible, 45 minutes until I am released to head back into Los Santos this evening.

Reading this thread off and on all day - ordered the SE Brady Guide on Amazon.

Nah, this game isn't addictive at all.....

Derrick01

Banned
Everybody go on BAWSAQ and buy HAL (Hawk and Little) stock. It's currently $1/share. Lets manipulate the fuck out of the market.

It's still $1? I think we're going to have to wait until Rockstar's servers stop shitting the bed before this stuff works.

Besides that's not how it works. You want people to buy their product to raise the stock price, which I guess is guns in their case. I also bought pisswasser but I have no idea how you raise that. I guess by going to the bar with people?

Overdoziz

Banned
The controls are a lot tighter but theyve added turbulence.
It's not the turbulence (or it's really different from the turbulence on planes), it just consistently swings from side to side when I hold the stick forward, especially at slow speed. It reminds of me of the terrible helicopters controls in Saints Row 3 which is why I basically never flew the things in that game. Maybe I have to get used to it, but I'm currently not a fan.

Megasoum

Banned
You can't buy stocks from the website right? I don't see a button on the page

On the social club website I mean, like in real life lol. This is getting confusing.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's still $1? I think we're going to have to wait until Rockstar's servers stop shitting the bed before this stuff works.

Besides that's not how it works. You want people to buy their product to raise the stock price, which I guess is guns in their case. I also bought pisswasser but I have no idea how you raise that. I guess by going to the bar with people?

Was at 0.79 when I just checked it out, put down the 25k I just found.

Does this game open up at all?

So far it feels like GTA4 in that I'm just going through the motions in missions. Do exactly this thing, and then do exactly this other thing, and then do exactly this other thing, and damn would you hurry up doing this exact thing? Oh, did you not do the thing exactly the way we wanted? You're dead now. Restart from checkpoint and this time do the exact thing we want you to do exactly this time, we're fucking serious.

I'm hoping I'm still in tutorial land because I'm not seeing the point of an open world brimming with options and life if the missions are going to play out so linearly.

Or am I doing it wrong?

kris.

Banned
Does this game open up at all?

So far it feels like GTA4 in that I'm just going through the motions in missions. Do exactly this thing, and then do exactly this other thing, and then do exactly this other thing, and damn would you hurry up doing this exact thing? Oh, did you not do the thing exactly the way we wanted? You're dead now. Restart from checkpoint and this time do the exact thing we want you to do exactly this time, we're fucking serious.

I'm hoping I'm still in tutorial land because I'm not seeing the point of an open world brimming with options and life if the missions are going to play out so linearly.

Or am I doing it wrong?

This is easily the least linear game I've ever played. The variety of missions is astounding.Once you unlock character swapping, things get really interesting. Just keep at it.

So it's testing your endurance just like real life?

Top Bottom