• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

foladar

Anyone gone to Vinewood blvd? Got a random event
to help a celebrity to escape some paparazi, I think. I picked her up with the car, but suddenly she was all screaming and calling the cops. Maybe I ran someone over?

You probably ran someone over, she freaked out when I ran the paparazzi over on my way out

btkadams

I just remembered that Watch_Dogs is coming out soon.

I kind of feel bad for it, now.

meh. it's not like gta4 is going to be on pc/xbo/ps4 anytime soon. watch dogs could do well enough on those platforms. i also imagine plenty of people playing gta5 right now on ps3/360 could be mostly done with the game by the end of november.

dropbear

Banned
I haven't had much time to play so I've refrained from posting, but I had to jump in to sound off on this.

Of all the things this game does well, the soundtrack may be my favorite. I'm not talking about the licensed tracks - a predictably great selection - but the original score. Particularly during missions or police chases, the music is subtle yet very effective. It fits the vibe of the series perfectly, blending modern vibes with older melodies.

So, yeah, great soundtrack. Anyone know if they're planning on releasing the full original score? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

GQman2121

Banned
What is this bullshit? I just pumped $30,000 into a pimped out racing car for Franklin and saved it in his garage (the green one on the map, not the one at his house). After losing the race, I restarted it and I was placed in a different car. After I won the race, my custom car is not in the garage or the impound, and the car that it was replaced with is now in the garage.

This sucks. Now I don't want to customize a car again, even though I had a blast doing it. Did I do anything wrong?

If you put a car in the garage it will stay there. If you take it out and lose it, that's it, it seems to be gone. They're really putting the responsibility on the player to take care of their investments.

The character specific cars (black sedan for Michael; white coup for Franklin) can be modified and will respawn if lost with modifications.

Grisby

Those helicopter controls. I don't think I've ever felt nauseous flying a helicopter before.

At least it gets a bit better the more you do it.

so how does cars work exactly?

There are special cars in the garage if you press dpad right, but others you can save... etc.

a pimped out car is great for heists and races but i'm scared that they will just disappear. i try storing random cars in your hideout garage or the public ones and there is mixbag results of them actually still being there :/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Everybody go on BAWSAQ and buy HAL (Hawk and Little) stock. It's currently $1/share. Lets manipulate the fuck out of the market.

I'd do that, but how can you increase the value of what seems like a gun company (have to wait till in game to see what it is). You can buy guns once, and accessories once, not sure how to do anything more than that. Plus, wouldn't Ammunation be the one to go after (cough* 24 shares *cough).

Perhaps car companies are what we should go after. Think I read that if you destroy a bunch of the same type of car, it'll drive the price up, because they'll make more to replace the ones you blew up.

I am not sure that's how it's supposed to work.

When the hell is FlyUS going to jump in price!

This is Neo-Stock.gif

Does anybody else get a stupid amount of enjoyment out of ragdolling and faceplanting into things?

If you didn't know, press B (on 360; dunno about PS3) after jumping, and you can ragdoll, making for some really funny falls and tumbles.

So is there a thread or have anyone talked in here about what is best to invest in? Obviously talking about stocks.

From what I have gathered, it seems best to invest in stocks
after the story line is complete, then you do the assassination mission with lester, also invest in goldcoast stock before these missions.

ThisOne

so how does cars work exactly?

There are special cars in the garage if you press dpad right, but others you can save... etc.

a pimped out car is great for heists and races but i'm scared that they will just disappear. i try storing random cars in your hideout garage or the public ones and there is mixbag results of them actually still being there :/

It's pretty glitchy so I would suggest not spending too much on tuning a car because there's a good chance you won't be able to recover it eventually. Hopefully they patch it to make it more reliable.

pringles

If you put a car in the garage it will stay there. .
Sadly, no. Atleast Franklin's garage seems to be bugged, I've lost two modded cars in there. Michael's has worked fine though. Might be a glitch, hope Rockstar comments on it as many people seem to be experiencing difficulties retaining their cars.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can anyone explain "Massacre"? I keep killing the dudes but the icon keeps showing up.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Oh my FUCKING God.

The game is stuck on a loading screen for me.

What the fuck do I do?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I find I enjoy just... walking around with the camera zoomed all the way in.

Super impressed.

Is there any way to restart a race mid-race? I can't work it out, for the life of me.

MBS

Banned
Driving late night listening to flylo.
This game.

This. Also, driving in a full-lit tunnel at night is something else. The echo effect from the car's engine reminds me of NFS underground or the SS5 stage of Gran Turismo.

Insane detail everywhere around this game.

foladar

Can anyone explain "Massacre"? I keep killing the dudes but the icon keeps showing up.

You have to kill enough people to get a bronze, once you've completed all massacre missions, they'll appear with a green checkmark.

Finished the story today, feels good. 33 hours, 75%.

Grisby

Oh my FUCKING God.

The game is stuck on a loading screen for me.

What the fuck do I do?
Quit. Happened to me once. Just a black screen with the little circle at the bottom-right. Sat for like 10 minutes before I just exited to the XMB. Loaded it back up and it placed me where ever it had last saved.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How the hell are you guys connecting to Social Club?I can NEVER get it to work.

I find I enjoy just... walking around with the camera zoomed all the way in.

Super impressed.

Is there any way to restart a race mid-race? I can't work it out, for the life of me.
Yeah, that's my preferred camera view on-foot. Adds to the immersion

Not really. If certain cars are getting stolen/destroyed more than others, the stock for that manufacturer will go down, the competition will go up. If people are buying clothes from one place and not the other, that stock will rise and their competition will go down. Places like Ammunation might not ever go down, but there are still some fairly volatile companies that you could invest in. Plus the other market is purely based on your game, so there's still always that.

Which one is "connected" and which one is just in your game?

I actually wasn't able to be online until today (when I get home and set it up) But what happens to people who play the game offline, get stocks, and then connect?

Who knows, the above post mentions one is online (social club) and one is for your game only.. Not sure myself.

GQman2121

Banned
Do Police bust you anymore? Or just kill you lol

I've been busted once with Franklin.

Walked into a convenience store to max out my health and noticed there was a backroom with a PC. It was functional, so I decided to check my stocks. The clerk goes, "Employees only!" but I didn't pay him any mind. Well, about a minute later I had a cop show up pointing a gun at my back (no stars or warning at all) telling me to put my hands up. And that was that. I was busted. I had a good laugh and learned a lesson. Always murder the clerk if you're going to use their backroom.

There needs to be system where you can permanently save cars, even if you blow them up. I'm fine with playing a ridiculous amount of cash to get them fixed or from the impound, but I need some kind of guarantee for putting effort into them.

If you can buy bulletproofing for cars, then I'll want to use them during missions. C'mon R*.

Also, add an in-game minimap toggle pls. And shoulder switching.

Tekku

I have two questions that some of you might answer for me:

1. How does the save car function really work? When I park a new car in the garage it sometimes disappears the next day, and the "default" vehicles show up outside of my house. I've stopped saving vehicles this way, because I'm so disappointed when they disappear. :(

2. Do you have to collect the property money like in previous GTA's or does it transfer automatically? I only have a hangar so far worth 12k, but I haven't visited it since I bought it, which was a while ago.

Top Bottom