• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I havent been busted yet in this game in all the previous games you lose your weapons when you get caught.

that's y i'm asking ha to see if it was changed. i think SR lets you keep your shit and altho it makes sense it keeps me from buying a million bullets at a time which is what i wanna do.

also the shooting range is really easy to gold with a 2nd character, just did it with michael and he already had the top level gun unlocked from the getgo on all of the weapons, idk if that was just bc he's michael, or bc his shooting stat is high, or bc i already got golds with franklin but i got them all with mike in like 20 mins

Tawpgun

So I used to be Boss with the choppers in GTAIV. I wasn't one of those insane people who could circle strafe people on the ground and chew them up with the chain guns (how the fuck people got so good at this I will never know)

But I was really good at flying it, many times better than the people who got good at the guns since they were only effective when aiming.

I remember flying super fast between buildings in Algonquin(Manhattan) turning tight corners and all that. Is the flying here really a lot harder? I feel like some people here are just not that good. I remember reading complaints on the street races being impossible to win, but I won mine first try, even after crashing into last place in the middle of it.

when u mod a gun with scopes and shit is that stuff permanent or do u have to rebuy it all the time?

also when busted do u lose your weapons? have only gotten wasted so far, the cops gun you down quite quickly.
When you get busted, you keep your weapons but lose the ammo

And unless I'm mistaken, you keep your attachments

kris.

Banned
Imma need all of you to start buying up guns at Ammunation. I need that stock to rise like crazy, just put like 1.5mil into it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Game is getting pretty interesting. Just got to the early parts of Trevor's arc. Graphics are really good and have exceeded my expectations. The world is so much richer and full of life all the while looking even better as far as IQ goes. The online in this should be unadulterated fun.

About 12.5% complete right now.

Imma need all of you to start buying up guns at Ammunation. I need that stock to rise like crazy, just put like 1.5mil into it.
You saying that the in game purchases of everyone collectively impact the market?

I'm being gullible but that sounds great.

Linius

I stitched the map tiles from the PC e-manual together.

Atlas: http://i.minus.com/ibfYJ54gdVslOW.jpg
Roadmap: http://i.minus.com/ibtvQsuXUUzHD3.jpg
Satellite: http://i.minus.com/ibq2tta6phYjYT.jpg

iP8svwklfmorQ.gif

I really need to download that manual. Those maps look fantastic.

heyitsphil

Neo Member
So I used to be Boss with the choppers in GTAIV. I wasn't one of those insane people who could circle strafe people on the ground and chew them up with the chain guns (how the fuck people got so good at this I will never know)

But I was really good at flying it, many times better than the people who got good at the guns since they were only effective when aiming.

I remember flying super fast between buildings in Algonquin(Manhattan) turning tight corners and all that. Is the flying here really a lot harder? I feel like some people here are just not that good. I remember reading complaints on the street races being impossible to win, but I won mine first try, even after crashing into last place in the middle of it.

I was pretty good at flying in IV as well, what I've noticed is environmental factors play a bigger roll, turbulence increases the higher you go, etc. more realistic IMO.

i had to retry the first street race like 5 times. my fault for getting some shitty old gripless muscle car probably, but it still all felt to much based off of luck.

i think sleeping dogs had the most fun open world racing street races because of the slam mechanic.

Shadders

when u mod a gun with scopes and shit is that stuff permanent or do u have to rebuy it all the time?

also when busted do u lose your weapons? have only gotten wasted so far, the cops gun you down quite quickly.

You lose all your ammo, and you have to pay bail. You keep all the individual weapons though.

The one time I got busted was really annoying, I was Trevor and thinking I could hide from the cops crouched behind some boxes. A cop sees me, says "freeze!" and Trever just puts his hands up, I was all ready to go down shooting. :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You generate speed in choppers by pointing the nose down. The right trigger basically only controls your height.

So what you want to do once airborne is always keep the stick held forward (think of that as the accelerator), then tap the right trigger when you need lift while using L1 & R1 to handle most of the turning. Probably doing a shit job of explaining, but I think that's the gist of it.

The choppers are a bit more touchy than I'd like, but flying low over the city at night is fucking rad.

Would not agree with the bolded at all. For turning sharply while flying forward you need to bank the helicopter (by pointing the stick left and right), L1/R1 are mostly useful for rotating it while hovering.

Tawpgun

I was pretty good at flying in IV as well, what I've noticed is environmental factors play a bigger roll, turbulence increases the higher you go, etc. more realistic IMO.

So flying low to the ground near the city should be fine?

Also stocks being tied to real player actions is INSANE. That's awesome.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I don't remember exactly how the helicopters controlled in IV, but I think they feel great to fly here. It was a bit tricky and took some getting used to at first, since they are a bit "wobbly" in the air, but once you understand how to properly combine pitch and banking (left analog stick) with lift (R2) you'll be navigating between buildings and turning sharp corners like it's nothing.

Anyone else sick of vehicles disappearing when you are no longer looking at them? Obviously they cant draw an infinite number of cars driving up to your blockade, but I got to a great stretch of road with Petrol/Gas transports driving up and down every few seconds.

I'd pepper them full of silenced AP rounds and EVERYTHING explodes and no cops ever. The wreckage disappears, which is fine, the empty cars that are still drivable disappear, not so fine but again, cant do infinite spawning of cars.

BUT I have this awesome setup of about 10 - 15 abandoned / crashed cars. I look down one end of the street and see another fuel transport truck, I look back at the collection of cars, gun ready to pepper that gas tank...

NO TRUCK

I look down the road and it just despawned, despite the fact that it was only a few meters away, I look back to my awesome collection of vehicles and all but 3 are gone.

You have no idea how badly I wanted to see the resulting chaos.

Is it normal to have no missions on your map at some point? I finished the mission where you're
preparing for the first heist
a while ago, and nothing has been appearing since.

Edit: Nevermind, changed back into Michael and it appeared.

[Stock Spoiler/Mission Spoiler]
So I bought LifeInvader after you kill the main guy, I figured it might go up eventually since it's super low now, but I should get rid of it before it goes lower?

Oh, that's what I was referring to. No clue about later in the game then.

Overdoziz

Banned

I've only flown a chopper once so far and it seemed really... wobbly. Maybe that was because I was playing as Franklin who is bad at flying, but I'm not sure.

All I know is I pimped my first (stolen) car, put thousands of dollars in it, got home and a mission started when I got there, so I didn't had time to put my car in the garage. Now its gone. Waste of money.

The BAWSAQ is tied to the Social Club and actions from players collectively affect stock. So go buy guns pls

That kind of fucks over late adopters, lol. [Stock/Mission Spoiler]
I wonder if investing in LifeInvader stock now while it's crashed will pay off when GTA:O comes out and we start sharing stuff there

antitrop

Ashamed to say I've never heard The Next Episode till cruising around in V. Now on my iPhone

Between The Next Episode and Gin and Juice, the hip-hop station has been one of my absolute favorites.

Maybe Straight Outta Compton may have been a bit too much to ask, but that would have been amazing, as well. There's other NWA, it's okay.

Scuderia

Positive i saw bigfoot today. Doing a later mission for Trevor where Franklin finds the O'Neil brothers who are after him...

When searching for the brothers with the thermal scope in the woods at night i saw a heat signature in the shape of a man stood next to a tree looking up at me, so i switched off thermal to make sure it was the guy i was after and it looked like an ape, but dissapeared instantly. I switched thermal back on and there was nothing there!

Between The Next Episode and Gin and Juice, the hip-hop station has been one of my absolute favorites.

Maybe Straight Outta Compton may have been a bit too much to ask, but that would have been amazing, as well. There's other NWA, it's okay.

I don't like rap at all anymore but these songs man. I just can't resist putting them on when I see them.

kris.

Banned
I wonder if investing in LifeInvader stock now while it's crashed will pay off when GTA:O comes out and we start sharing stuff there

Not really. If certain cars are getting stolen/destroyed more than others, the stock for that manufacturer will go down, the competition will go up. If people are buying clothes from one place and not the other, that stock will rise and their competition will go down. Places like Ammunation might not ever go down, but there are still some fairly volatile companies that you could invest in. Plus the other market is purely based on your game, so there's still always that.

Tawpgun

I actually wasn't able to be online until today (when I get home and set it up) But what happens to people who play the game offline, get stocks, and then connect?

Unicorn

I've also noticed that if you get out of a car while the radio is playing, the radio goes completely dead silent.

Am I crazy in remembering in previous games, that if you got out of a car while the radio was playing and you stood next to it, you could still faintly hear the radio playing out of the car?
Yes that was a thing

Tawpgun

Not really. If certain cars are getting stolen/destroyed more than others, the stock for that manufacturer will go down, the competition will go up. If people are buying clothes from one place and not the other, that stock will rise and their competition will go down. Places like Ammunation might not ever go down, but there are still some fairly volatile companies that you could invest in. Plus the other market is purely based on your game, so there's still always that.

So...

The single player stock market isn't affected by other players?

Will there be stocks in GTAO?

Top Bottom