• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Zafir

Bit annoyed with the first heist.
Went with the smart option and Lester goes, "Oh you won't be doing much shooting so you can skimp on it" I do that and go for the cheaper one, and he goes and crashes his bike!
Anyone tried any other options and got different results?

Anyone else have the game crash?

I had 3 game crashes. All during missions that take place near Vespucci Beach. I had to delete my install and start the game over. Seems fixed now.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why is the maximum in-game TV volume so damn low? Can't hear shit. Sure, I can increase the volume on my receiver, but then I'll have to remember to turn it down before I go do something else and get my ears blown off. Just a bit annoying.

Also, why can't I zoom in on the TV while sitting on the couch? To get the TV to fill more of my screen I have to go and stand next to it. That's stupid, you don't stand up when watching TV.

kris.

Banned
So...

The single player stock market isn't affected by other players?

Will there be stocks in GTAO?

Correct. Only your actions in your game affect your version of the stock market that isn't the BAWSAQ. Can't remember what it's called.

And I believe so.

kris.

Banned
I wanna get all GAFfers together who have GTAV and raid the stock market someday. Rig it to our favor. A heist on the game. DAMN THAT'D BE COOL.

Alienous

Went with the smart option and Lester goes, "Oh you won't be doing much shooting so you can skimp on it" I do that and go for the cheaper one, and he goes and crashes his bike!

You could have taken the risk, gotten off of your bike, and recovered the cash from your crash biker heist mate.

A lot of this is kind of stuff in heists isn't dynamic, but pre-determined. But it all makes sense if you think about it. A crappy gunman isn't the guy you should trust most with carrying your cash. My brother, for instance, decided to go with a worst hacker, get the best gunman, and raid the shop as quickly as possible. He made off with about $4 Million.

Dawg

Saw random event.

Saw empty car.

Walked to it.

Got electrocuted or something and right before I fainted, some guy tells me "this won't take long" or something.

I then woke up on train rails with only my underpants on right before a train was gonna hit me.

wat

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Still no easter eggs thread? come on GAF!

yrpkfqL.jpg

Saw random event.

Saw empty car.

Walked to it.

Got electrocuted or something and right before I fainted, some guy tells me "this won't take long" or something.

I then woke up on train rails with only my underpants on right before a train was gonna hit me.

wat

WAT.. seriously?

Yes. So much yes.

And even better, much more interactivity and less cutscenes. Stuff from the trailers that I thought would be cutscenes, you actually play. A lot more mission choice to choose what you do. The pacing blows IV away; by like the second or third mission, you're already having shootouts and car chases

I've been trying to tell SquallASF ... :D I'm the buddy he mentions! Do it man! PLAY THIS GAME!

Alienous

Sometimes I play this game, and think to myself "Gosh, I don't want this to end". Then I remember that GTA Online will be this, forever, with you guys.

God damn, I can't wait.

curious if GTAO will hold my interest. most of the fun i'm having is doing story quests and the cutscenes and dialogue while driving around in missions.

btw whos the lady in all the promo art and on the game disc (bikini gal with an iFruit)?

kris.

Banned
Sometimes I play this game, and think to myself "Gosh, I don't want this to end". Then I remember that GTA Online will be this, forever, with you guys.

God damn, I can't wait.

Wow, didn't realize just how pumped I am for GTAO until now.

OH MAN.

curious if GTAO will hold my interest. most of the fun i'm having is doing story quests and the cutscenes and dialogue while driving around in missions.

btw whos the lady in all the promo art and on the game disc (bikini gal with an iFruit)?

It should hold your interest the game is pretty huge.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

over 700 missions alone for GTAO and will get constantly updated.

Zafir

You could have taken the risk, gotten off of your bike, and recovered the cash from your crash biker heist mate.

A lot of this is kind of stuff in heists isn't dynamic, but pre-determined. But it all makes sense if you think about it. A crappy gunman isn't the guy you should trust most with carrying your cash. My brother, for instance, decided to go with a worst hacker, get the best gunman, and raid the shop as quickly as possible. He made off with about $4 Million.
Ah fair enough. I didn't even realise you could get off and pick up the money. >.<

Didn't even realise it would be the shooter who would be handling money. Don't remember it even being mentioned during the discussion where you choose who you're taking.

mshlive

You don't even need to take the risk, you can just ride over the bag and pick it up like a boss, I did that first time. Without having tried other options I'd say that's a good route to take because obviously you lose the gunman so he doesn't get his cut does he?

I ordered the game from Amazon and took free delivery. It shipped yesterday.

Came back home today and the mail truck was there. I go in my apartment and check the status of my package. Says It was delivered 20 minutes ago. My wife was inside the whole time and I didn't see anything at the door when I came in nor did I hear a knock.

What is going on? Did it get stolen? This isn't the first time I get something from Amazon here and the mailman knows my face. Guess this stuff happens when you order stuff that is really popular? Guess I won't be able to play for a while. I called the post office and they told me to contact amazon. I could only put feedback that the package was late since saying I got it shut down the process. In the optional field I put that it was delivered but I didn't get it. Do I have any other recourses?

solarus

Finally get to play.
Hnnng this game, it could be the perfect video game for me. Also dat music, so much good shit on the radio, flylo, kendrick, so good.
The visuals are incredible and the performance is rock solid.
Rockstar are gods.

Gorillaz

Yep happened to me too lol picked up his stuff and kept it moving, i used the best hacker too. We still had 20 seconds left after i was done. She will be my go to hacker hahaha

InertiaXr

How long until the social shit is working? Every single time I start up an assassination mission the BAWSAQ is down. Is there any way to cancel a mission besides obviously just dying?

Zukuu

Banned
If you tune the Elegby RH8 it'll be tuned for ALL your characters and remains to be tuned even when it's lost or goes kaput.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't like rap at all anymore but these songs man. I just can't resist putting them on when I see them.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest rap fan, but damn, if I don't listen to West Coast Classics more than any other radio station. Maybe it's because I grew up in the generation that many of the songs on that station came from, and it just sings to me.

I've "browsed" the other radio stations, but one day I'll actually give them all a good listen, because there seems to be some great stuff on all of them. Between WCC and the talk radio station, though, it's hard to pull away.

pringles

Encountered a totally "No Country For Old Men"-esque random event. Sooooo good.

The little things is what makes this game shine. The AI is really something. Chased down a biker who had stolen a wallet and by the time I got back to the victim, he was on the phone with the cops and said "oh wait, the guy is coming back" and hung up. RS went the extra mile and then some.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just switched to Trevor randomly (just random event)

He was on the freeway driving a scooter, following another guy on a scooter asking him where we going scooter brother? heyyyy scooter brother. Just stalking the guy rofl.

UrbanRats

So, is the wardrobe completely broken or what? Michael doesn't have a shoes section, but he can buy shoes, so every time i want to change them again, i need to go back to the specific store.
I bought a sweater, but it's under "tops" instead of the "sweaters" section (which is empty), the fuck is going on?

Man this game, my friend who hasn't bought a game since Bioshock 1 decided to pick this up just due to the number of people he saw with it on instagram. This game is going to have a ridiculous amount of lifetime sales.

hayguyz

Banned
oh man last night I crossed a railroad track and hear it start closing, so i stopped and got out to try and stop someone behind me

I aimed at the car coming up, they backed up and stopped right on the tracks, the lady gets out and starts running on the tracks towards the train! the train hits her, then her car and keeps on trucking (training)

It's those little moments that make it so great.

Top Bottom