• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Majine

Banned
Sucks that when you call for a blimp, that it doesn't actually come to you.

What does a man have to do to get a blimp nowadays!?

Afrodium

Banned
If you put a car in the garage it will stay there. If you take it out and lose it, that's it, it seems to be gone. They're really putting the responsibility on the player to take care of their investments.

The character specific cars (black sedan for Michael; white coup for Franklin) can be modified and will respawn if lost with modifications.

I guess that makes sense. It's just frustrating because I didn't lose the car, I just restarted a race that I lost. I guess I won't use custom cars in missions any more.

ekim

I don't really get Michaels back story :(
Am I supposed to or will there be a better explanation later?
i just did the mission where I got out of the body bag for Dave

kris.

Banned
Turns out the Blimp doesn't come with a chute. That was my most horrifying gaming death in a long time.

Once you complete a certain mission, every plane and helicopter (I assume the blimp is included) automatically equips you with a parachute once you enter it.

cozo

I just pimped the white car that franklin has by default; haven't had any problems with it showing up (still fully pimped) after getting out and leaving it, or reloading the game fully etc

ThisOne

How does the blimp DLC work? I just put the code in on the Playstation Store and then I can call a blimp from my cell phone or what?

ViviOggi

Once you complete a certain mission, every plane and helicopter (I assume the blimp is included) automatically equips you with a parachute once you enter it.

I've done that one, that's why I assumed jumping from the Blimp would be no biggie. Maybe because I didn't buy one at the Ammu-Nation with Franklin, just with Mike and Trevor.

If you put a car in the garage it will stay there. If you take it out and lose it, that's it, it seems to be gone. They're really putting the responsibility on the player to take care of their investments.

The character specific cars (black sedan for Michael; white coup for Franklin) can be modified and will respawn if lost with modifications.

Save all of your other cars that are not the default one in the other garage. The garage that haev a different color on the icon. They are color coded for each character. After that every car I lost showed up at the impound no problem. I would get a message telling me it's in the impound. I think R* should have explained this better, but they didn't.

Does anybody know if your choice of crew members creates a definitive outcome - or whether it just changes percentages?

I imagine a lot of people did the same as me for the first heist,
the expensive driver+hacker, but cheap gunman
. What happened for me, after those choices was
a good robbery, but the gunman fell off the bike and croaked it (but Franklin picked up the bag that he dropped).

If anyone's curious about the results of picking the worst crew options for the first heist:

Bad hacker means less time to rob the jewels
Bad driver means a poor choice bikes for the muddy tunnel
Bad shooter results in dead shooter and having to recover his haul

SRTtoZ

Its just amazing how different everyone's life is in this game. All 3 characters couldn't be more diverse...It really helps to keep everything interesting in a game this big.

Zukuu

Banned
Save all of your other cars that are not the default one in the other garage. The garage that haev a different color on the icon. They are color coded for each character. After that every car I lost showed up at the impound no problem. I would get a message telling me it's in the impound. I think R* should have explained this better, but they didn't.

...and it doesn't work reliable. They should just patch this shit and make an option to enable a "permanent" car that you've bought that is always in your garage accessible via "special car".

Don't spent money on any car but the standard one as those are permanent.

BigDug13

I guess that makes sense. It's just frustrating because I didn't lose the car, I just restarted a race that I lost. I guess I won't use custom cars in missions any more.

That's not necessarily true though. As long as you don't modify other cars after the one you saved, eventually the second car beyond the character default car should show up at the impound.

Also I love the attention to detail. Put turbo on a front wheel drive car and you get ridiculous tire spin due to power and weight distribution.

And the Prius-wannabe actually has the electric sound as you start moving then switches to engine when you get higher in speed. Similar to an actual Prius.

I need to take it easy a bit when I play with Trevor. I have the urge to play more recklessly as him, and I just take out pedestrians and smash things with my car, and by the time I start the mission half my health is gone.

diamount

Banned
Is it possible to make a significant amount of money on the stock market? I mean, outside out hints in missions.. there is no clear way to determine what will consistently go up/down. I suspect fast food places will never go down.

nib95

Banned
Quick question, if I upgrade one of my cars with a turbo, do I get dump valve sounds irrespective of the car? Or does the engine sound not change?

I want my kitted 458 Italia to have dump valve sounds just for the hell of it, but I don't want to dump 10k in to it unless I get the sound.

where do i buy sunglasses?

I think the Binco shops. By a tall rack right of the cash register.

Dug

Banned
Wow, didn't even notice I was driving the custom car I got from the iFruit app! It was just sitting in Michael's driveway.

0_0.jpg

kris.

Banned
See now everyone's only putting like $80,000 down on H&L and I put down like 1.4mil and I feel like that's a bit overkill...

Top Bottom