• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

dalVlatko

First heist
Did anyone pick up the bag from the guy who crashes? I did but was a little too slow and it reset me at a checkpoint. It still registered as picked up and I got an extra 2 million I think. Franklin even made a comment to Michael about picking it up.

With Trevor I was messing around in a tractor and got two stars so I pulled into the plane hangar to hide. The stars starting flashing so I was just waiting inside when I see on my mini-map an officer driving towards me. I thought he was going to find me but he crashed into one of the gas tanks, exploded, and somehow ended up alive but on fire in front of me.

My wanted level went away but he still was still in pursuit mode once the fire stopped burning. He just walked around the air strip, pointing his shotgun everywhere lol

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I can't even take pictures 1/10 times. :(

Just climbed on some tall ass crane. Took me 5 minutes maybe. They had a parachute on top and I tried to jump onto the skyscraper that was under construction right next to it but it wouldn't let me open the chute fast enough and I just slammed into the side of the building and died.

skynidas

Banned
I have two questions that some of you might answer for me:

1. How does the save car function really work? When I park a new car in the garage it sometimes disappears the next day, and the "default" vehicles show up outside of my house. I've stopped saving vehicles this way, because I'm so disappointed when they disappear. :(

2. Do you have to collect the property money like in previous GTA's or does it transfer automatically? I only have a hangar so far worth 12k, but I haven't visited it since I bought it, which was a while ago.

1. Some people are saying there is a bug related to this.

2. The money transfers automatically

Mayyhem

Are there any melee weapons in the game? I'd say I'm about 50% done the story and I have yet to use anything but my fists for melee. If so, what and where do I get them?

Alienous

So the game has
3 different endings?!

Interesting. It both disappointing and delights me. We'll see what happens, but I like some definitive closure.

Thanks for letting me know the game has
multiple endings

You could read it that way. Given some of the choices you can make during the heists, I'm not really surprised. I'm also not sure they will be drastically different from one another.

Alpende

Are there any melee weapons in the game? I'd say I'm about 50% done the story and I have yet to use anything but my fists for melee. If so, what and where do I get them?

I can buy a knife in Ammunition, haven't unlocked a police baton yet. Also, when I was playing golf I could use the club as a melee weapon.

I've only seen a knife and nightstick at Ammu-nation

Could someone list all the melee weapons?

Hip Hop

So has anyone got 200 million dollars yet?

Thinking about how exactly to do that, after beating the game. No where near enough.

Wasp

I decided to turn off the GPS sat nav. I think it's better this way. Now I spend more time watching the road rather than the radar.

Although if I have to do a mission where I need to get somewhere really fast I will turn it back on.

First heist
Did anyone pick up the bag from the guy who crashes? I did but was a little too slow and it reset me at a checkpoint. It still registered as picked up and I got an extra 2 million I think. Franklin even made a comment to Michael about picking it up.

none one crashed when i did the heist

Cheddahz

Banned
A user review on Gamespot, lol

Seeing the screen turn black and white every time I make a kill, makes the game feel cheap and gives you a headache. I don't know why, but someone at R* thinks gamers are so dumb and lazy, that we can't tell when we have made a kill in a game, that we need the screen to turn black and white each kill with a little X to ruin immersion even further. The radio stations in this game are weak too, there is no rock or metal at all, just pop, reggae, hip-hop, and country...
They even have one of the main characters, Trevor, bang Ashley and than he stomps the head in(literally) of her boyfriend(Johnny Klebitz, one of the best characters from IV and the character that bough death and thrash metal to GTA 4)because he is sad trevor betrayed him and boinked his girl.
this game has so much potential to be a great game but it fails wit the lame kill effect and lack of music, and having Trevor such a pointless psychopath. I wouldn't mind trevor so much if they would just take the lame black and white kill effect away from the game. it literally ruins all action sequences of the game.

Dreaver

I found a bank somewhere, can I rob it? There is a guy behind the counter but I can't hit him (bulletproof glass) and the door is locked. I tried sticky bombing the safe but it didn't work, is there any way to open it?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
First heist

none one crashed when i did the heist

He probably went cheap on the gunman, as I did. Dude crashed entering the hole that goes down into the sewer system/underground

A user review on Gamespot, lol

ibi3efCAs4haXg.gif

This is prob my favorite title of the year. The small details alone make this game so good. And to think that gta online is yet to come has me excited

Does anyone know where i can find some badass motorcycles?
Is there like a particular dealership, or hangout, or something?

Must have crotch rocket.

Lucid07

Just completed the main campaign great game. Now time to do more fun side missions/collectables/replay missions to get gold.

Maybe I'm crazy but Michael's gray suit started looking a little dirty after awhile. It's the only thing I have him wear, but has anyone noticed clothes looking a little dirty after a long period of time?

I noticed the sweat marks they get when you're in the hot sun also.

pringles

The helicopter controls really are something. Really struggling to make gold in the flight school heli missions. Though using the first person view while flying, and switching to overhead to land makes it a bit easier.

Alienous

So, partway through the game (maybe 48 missions), and I'm wondering if the heists are neat idea executed ... well, badly.

In the previews they talked about 6 or so heists. I don't want a spoiler on the total count, but the ones I've done so far haven't been very impressive.

The first one is the only one that was really exciting. The second, Trevor's, is more of a mission in disguise (and there's no reason for a 'Plan A' and a 'Plan B', as both missions are great, and could narratively co-exist). You can't even hire crew members.

The third, with the armoured van, is weak. The fourth (I think) with the small bank is another mission in disguise. You don't make a choice other than which gunman to bring. You don't even get to procure vehicles before the mission, or scout the train as a getaway route.

Also, the character switching during missions isn't that great. There's one mission,
the 'Plan A' Trevor heist on the boat, where you get to jump between Franklin looking down on the boat, and Michael on the deck. It's one moment where the potential of the mechanic shines through.
. Most missions you are forced to play as a particular character for the majority of it. Prior to release, I expected that the game would lock character swapping at certain mission moments, but it seems to just switch it on when it likes.

SuperSah

Banned
So i'm playing as Trevor.

This guy is fucking hilarious. He is sick, twisted and humoress. Amazing job on him.

Nothing is better than driving down the countryside in rain and thuder. The lightning looks amazing, the lighting is perfect, the soft controller vibration when thunder sounds is faultless.

Anyone with me?

BigDug13

Ok when I start a mission, is there somewhere I can see the optional mission objectives to see what it takes to get a "silver" and what it takes to get a "gold"? I like that they have these things as a part of the mission to make it so you want to do better, but I feel like the first time I'm flying blind and at the end I see what I missed, but even some of the names of those optional items are vague and leaves me scratching my head.

Am I missing the location of these optional objectives or is it pure trial and error?

SJRB

Gold Member
Is the Chop minigame really necessary?
It's pissing me off with it's shittyness.

Downloaded the iFruit app earlier today, the Chop stuff is fucking AWFUL. It's probably meant to be awful as some meta-commentary of doing braindead social games for shit rewards.

I mean, I can't even pet that fucking dog in the game.

Gawge

I went cheap on every crew member for the first heist, just to see what would happen.

Never again.

Does anybody know if your choice of crew members creates a definitive outcome - or whether it just changes percentages?

I imagine a lot of people did the same as me for the first heist,
the expensive driver+hacker, but cheap gunman
. What happened for me, after those choices was
a good robbery, but the gunman fell off the bike and croaked it (but Franklin picked up the bag that he dropped).

Top Bottom