• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

BigDug13

So I made a $100K custom Veyron and replayed a race with it.

Now the car isn't in my garage or the impound lot, did I stuff up?

Just give it some time on that character and don't mod any other cars with that character. It should show up at the impound lot. They don't impound your car right away when you leave it somewhere.

Ugh, just had the game freeze on me while trying to save a self-portrait on my phone. Luckily, no data was lost. Rockstar really needs to fix their Social Club issues pronto

BigDug13

I will ask again because I'm freaking out but my game just won't load. Just keeps jumping between pictures. It's really taking an abnormal amount of time.

What was the question? Just shut your system off and try again. I had to do that once because I had accidentally bumped it while it was loading and it got kinda stuck.

cdkee

Banned
Pretty laughable that saving cars still doesn't work. Put a car in the garage, come back 5 minutes later and it's already gone.

There's definitely a bug with garages. I found an Infernus and put it in Franklin's garage. Sometime later I switched to him I heard some weird noises. Turns out Franklin's white Buffalo spawned in his safehouse garage, on top of the Infernus. I separated the cars and haven't encountered that again but there's clearly some bugs.

Dingotech

Ok so now somebody has told me that stolen modified cars are not retained by the game?

Is that right? You need to buy the car for it to be impounded?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just landed my blimp on another and am currently riding on the wing. Don't have a chute, though. So...death is inevitable.

Definity

The amount of content is crazy. I just purchased the
air strip
and it gave me a whole other set of missions.

I will be playing this game for months and months.

Katyusha

So I'm gonna be picking up a flash drive in a bit so I can install my game to it.

Is there a recommended read/write speed for this? Or should I just pick up any old 16 gig drive?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
0_0.jpg

Vargavinter

Been playing 2 hours or so, and I cant say im to impressed so far. Nothing that really want me keep on playing, I find more thing annoying than fun tbh. Hope it gets better.

Ibuki

Banned
Been playing 2 hours or so, and I cant say im to impressed so far. Nothing that really want me keep on playing, I find more thing annoying than fun tbh. Hope it gets better.

Can you explain what you find annoying? I have played ~20 hours and I have not once been annoyed with anything in the game.

BigDug13

Not even the aiming while shooting while driving thing?

I do hate that part. I at least wish that Michael would be able to activate his ability while drive/shooting. Or maybe a "grab the wheel" command where you still have to worry about accelerating and breaking, but the passenger keeps the car controlled.

Vargavinter

Can you explain what you find annoying? I have played ~20 hours and I have not once been annoyed with anything in the game.

The loading times are pretty bad from time to time and if you want to replay a mission for example a race and you screw up in the beginning I cant restart it instantly but i have to finish the mission first. Hard to be able to read the small text in the left corner while driving and not hit things and fail the mission. The fonts is a bit to small to be comfortable to read sometimes.

dalVlatko

Not even the aiming while shooting while driving thing?

Not sure why people are annoyed by this. You are driving and shooting, it isn't supposed to be easy.

Even then all you have to do is move your camera before pressing LB and it will pretty much be lined up.

Game is stuck loading and there appears to be no fix. Other people complaining of the same thing..guess I'm screwed. Would deleating and re installing erase my save data?

Fjordson

Man, the exchanges between Lester and Michael are maybe even better than between Franklin and Lamar. So well acted.

Game's missions seem to be reaching a whole new level now that I'm full out the introductory stuff.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I completely balded Trevor yesterday at the barbers, I kid you not, he has hair again on the back of his head again, at least a couple centimetres, has the game changed his cut to one I haven't come across or has it grown back? lol.

it was stuck loading after i skipped a taxi ride for about 5 minutes.. it got there eventually though.

No it's stuck loading the main game and I've waited 20 mins each time for it to load. Also turned the system off and back on and have tried disabling my internet connection as I looked up that it might help. Nothing..I think I'm fucked.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Now that I have the game I'm actually pretty happy that GTA-Online doesn't come out until October. I've played a little over 20 hours and I'm only at 21%. I'm going to NEED until October to finish story mode.

I've spent countless hours just driving around observing the craziness of Los Santos.

urge26

Now that I've done a heist and hit Trevor.... things are picking up.... Graphics on the flying sequences are stunning, this game has no business running on near decade old hardware....... bravo Rockstar.....

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I completely balded Trevor yesterday at the barbers, I kid you not, he has hair again on the back of his head again, at least a couple centimetres, has the game changed his cut to one I haven't come across or has it grown back? lol.

happened to me and i still dont know, after i went to highlight bald again it vanished for free so maybe glitched

Um, I'm a bit lost in regards to the plot.

I just got done torturing Mr. K for information on a guy to assassinate, and I'm now taking him to the airport. Who is he? And who was the guy I just assassinated?
Did I miss something, or am I not meant to know at this point?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
happened to me and i still dont know, after i went to highlight bald again it vanished for free so maybe glitched

Could be, I went back and checked the photo I took yesterday to make sure I wasn't going crazy, it does look like it has grown, would be cool if it happened to all of them.

Yesterday:
5gis7JB.jpg

Today:
0CzaAUx.jpg

Pretty neat either way, lol.

Grisby

Tried to take a picture and their network was down. Wonder how stable GTA online is going to be.

Safari Hood mission was all kinds of awesome though.

Just bought the game and I'm in the first mission, and already I can see the vast improvements made to shooting, the visuals, and driving. I've been playing 4 online pretty consistently for the last 5 years so the improvements stick out like a sore thumb.

K wtf just happened?

Stranger encounter (I think)

I was near the airstrip with franklin and a blue dot appears nearby and I see a VW van with the doors open and I get out and I'm suddenly shot with some kind of tranq gun and next thing I know I'm in my boxers on a train track with a train coming at me and I had to jump out of the way.

No idea wtf that was all about lol anyone experience this and what was it and how do I get my revenge on the fool that did this?

Top Bottom