• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

What in the flying fuck.

I just got pulled over by some rednecks on ATV's who wanted to see my passport and the minute they saw I was from across the border they shot me to death.

Lol.

No Love

Banned
Holy shit. (SPOILERS DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THREE CHARACTERS IN LS)

Anyone else go to cinematic camera when chasing Lazlow in the big rig? His comments are hilarious, and seeing the big rig chasing after him while he's bitching about his Prius is AMAZING

Lima

Thanks.
If you know, in either of the endings do any of the 3 protags die?

Major Endgame spoiler. Do not read unless you have finished the game!!!!
Option A. Michael dies
Option B. Trevor dies
Option C. Nobody dies

Franklin always survives.

waypoetic

Banned
0_0.jpg

yo i'm livin' large baby

/franklin

Lucid07

That thing on the blueprint map about the 500k is there for me now, about to do it.

Edit: Just heard jimmy say "oh god I'm going to get knocked out by my own man boobs" in Mikes house haha.

Dug

Banned
Hahaha, just found a Dark Souls reference in the game (I think.)

In the Yoga mission one of the checkmarks is called "Praise The Sun!". That's a Dark Souls reference right?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How can I keep airplanes and helicopters in LS? I have to buy hangars and helipads, right? Getting a bit annoying having to drive all the way up to Trevor's hangar to get something to fly in (without having to steal it, which usually gets you killed).

bengraven

So what kind of "big things" can you buy with your money? People are talking about millions, so i'm hoping it's more than guns, upgrades, and properties that just sit there collecting even more money.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I have a week off soon, can't wait to dive into this game. I was wondering: did they keep the more frequent checkpoint system from the IV add-ons? And how does the switching between characters work exactly? Can you switch between them at any point, at all times, no matter where they are in the story?

Pachimari

I just got bitten to death by a dog.

I were also being chased by 2 police cars and all of us ended up in the water. It was so funny seeing all the police officers swim in all directions to get to land.

Don't civilians swim at the beach?

Dresden

Just when I think I got Trevor figured out, he goes and does something really fucked up again. (late game spoiler) -
It was bad enough that he nearly ruined Floyd's life, but when he returns and meets Debra as well, it ends with him killing them both. God.

Revven

Played 4 and a half hours today, haven't gotten Trevor yet but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The "Hang Out" feature, like with people you know in the game, is pretty cool. It sort of develops the character you're with a little more and you get some interesting dialogue, too (at least with Lamar).

Tennis is alright, it's kind of full of dead air. In the sense that there's like zero sound effects, no real banter between the two characters going at it. The gameplay itself is fine, it's just the lack of presentation that sort of turns me off from it a little (maybe this is because I'm just used to Mario Tennis though). Not sure if that changes the more you play it (I only played one set) but that's what I think of it so far.

The shooting range is neat, not anything too amazing but it seemed like a decent distraction if you need something else to do.

Umm... not much else I want to chime in on, the story is still somewhat progressing for me. I haven't seen anything jaw dropping amazing yet in terms of storyline but I'm sure that'll change once Trevor enters the picture (as I've read a few posts ago!)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have a week off soon, can't wait to dive into this game. I was wondering: did they keep the more frequent checkpoint system from the IV add-ons? And how does the switching between characters work exactly? Can you switch between them at any point, at all times, no matter where they are in the story?

Yes, there are checkpoints after every section of each mission, so you rarely have to redo more than the last thing you were doing.

When not on missions you can switch between the characters whenever you want. If on a mission it depends on which characters are part of it. If it's a solo mission you can't switch until you're done with it.

Linius

Wow, just had an awesome random encounter.

There was some lady shouting someone was being attacked by some guy and I had to follow her. So I followed her around the corner and all of a sudden four gang dudes jumped in front of me with their guns loaded. Quite the surprise :lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Tennis is alright, it's kind of full of dead air. In the sense that there's like zero sound effects, no real banter between the two characters going at it. The gameplay itself is fine, it's just the lack of presentation that sort of turns me off from it a little (maybe this is because I'm just used to Mario Tennis though). Not sure if that changes the more you play it (I only played one set) but that's what I think of it so far.

Who did you play? When I played Michael's wife (at his personal tennis court - rich bastard!) there was some pretty good banter going on between them.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes, there are checkpoints after every section of each mission, so you rarely have to redo more than the last thing you were doing.

When not on missions you can switch between the characters whenever you want. If on a mission it depends on which characters are part of it. If it's a solo mission you can't switch until you're done with it.

Thanks for clearing that up, that's the way I wanted it to work.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Has anyone else game gone from everyone driving sports cars and sedans to driving SUVs and Jeep types?

This has happened to me twice now where no matter where I go in LS everyone is in a Range Rover clone or Suburban type vehicle, it's weird.

Was just imagining the possibilities in GTAO. Imagine using the tow trucks in an armor truck heist, dragging super cars down the road with your friends in the cars and then releasing the cars and blocking the road with the trucks

Or having everyone get inside a cargo plane, flying up and then doing barrel rolls and nose dives

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Was just imagining the possibilities in GTAO. Imagine using the tow trucks in an armor truck heist, dragging super cars down the road with your friends in the cars and then releasing the cars and blocking the road with the trucks

Or having everyone get inside a cargo plane, flying up and then doing barrel rolls and nose dives

I imagine it'll be more restricted similar to SP

So after finishing the game I had 22mil

How the hell am I meant to make 300mil for the golf course? I don't have Lester to get stock tips from now...

Top Bottom