• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
K wtf just happened?

Stranger encounter (I think)

I was near the airstrip with franklin and a blue dot appears nearby and I see a VW van with the doors open and I get out and I'm suddenly shot with some kind of tranq gun and next thing I know I'm in my boxers on a train track with a train coming at me and I had to jump out of the way.

No idea wtf that was all about lol anyone experience this and what was it and how do I get my revenge on the fool that did this?
Only way to avoid is
use trevors special beforehand and kill him

What's the deal with saving your customized car? I've driven the car in my driveway to missions in which I'd have to leave it behind, and it wasn't there when I came back. How do I know my customized car is being "saved?"

Do you ever unlock anything to do at the horse track? It feels like a real waste at the moment. I was hoping you could bet on some races like you could in SA.

antitrop

18 hours of gameplay in now and this game is slowly starting to shift ranks in my top 10 favorite games of all time. GTA III previously had a spot there for 12 years now, I can safely replace that with this and it will probably end up bumping a few of the higher games down a notch when all is said and done.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Guys, look who I found:

Ng2Dzay.jpg

Spat_triate

Tried to take a picture and their network was down. Wonder how stable GTA online is going to be.

Based on the shittyness of their network thus far...not very.

The stealth is surprisingly well implemented. I've evaded cops at night by shooting lights out and hiding in the dark. I do wish they hadn't removed shoulder switching, gunfights in tight spaces are awkward.

antitrop

What's the deal with saving your customized car? I've driven the car in my driveway to missions in which I'd have to leave it behind, and it wasn't there when I came back. How do I know my customized car is being "saved?"

I think what we're slowly learning in this thread is just... don't bother customizing the cars if you care about "saving" them, or the monetary investment.

Not really a spoiler but anyhow I was playing as Trevor yesterday and saved the game at his safehouse, loaded the game today and WTF...
Trevor wakes up from seemingly a major bender in a mud puddle on a farm surrounded by cows looking at him.

Tawpgun

Shoot right where the two doors meet in the middle. A few shots with a pistol opens it.

Believe me it was riddled with bulletholes.

I ended up finding a gas station, blew it up, grabbed the 7k, and then robbed the gas station clerk for 300 haha This game is awesome

EDIT: HAHAHA go in a sprint, hit jump and hit punch. HAHAHAHA do you get a flying kick/punch move if you level up strength or fighting or whatever, I hope not because this is just silly

Yawnier

Banned
I put another few hours into this game here tonight.

SO GOOD and that (Michael side mission spoiler)
fighting aliens mission was weird and awesome haha.

HPhins54

Neo Member
I bought Pulse Elite headphones today... lol at the "This is Grand Theft Auto 5"

Have you used them yet? If so, what are your impressions?

I bought a pair of Pulse Elites yesterday. I used them for about 2 hours. Overall, they're pretty comfortable. The top band can get a little uncomfortable after a few hours, but nothing that a little readjusting can't fix.

I don't consider myself too much of an audiophile, but I thought the sound quality was pretty good. I didn't notice any sort of constant buzzing that I've heard in previous wireless headsets.

The one thing I was a little disappointed with was the lack of simultaneous audio output. On my old Turtle Beaches, I was able to listen to game sound and music from another source (phone, computer, etc) at the same time. It was nice in games like BF or CoD where I want to hear teammates or my surroundings, but still have the ability to listen to some music in the background as well. The USB dongle that comes with the Sony set has an auxiliary input, but it cuts off the game sound when in use. If anyone knows of a way to set it to play both at the same time, I'd really appreciate the info.

Back on topic. I honestly wasn't hyped for the game and was going to wait for a PC/PS4 release. However, I had $20 of in store credit, so I decided to go ahead and get it. I'm definitely glad I pulled the trigger on it. After being disappointed with GTA 4, I'm really enjoying this game. By far my favorite thing about it is the atmosphere. Rockstar did a fantastic job with the city and it's inhabitants.

Hey can how do owned vehicles work now? If I buy a vehicle and leave it on some random street does it show back up in my garage? What if it explodes? Pretty hesitant to spend any cash on souping up cars for this reason.

I was not enjoying this at all... until I found out I was just doing side missions. >_<

Didn't help that Michael's first mission starts at his safehouse, so I thought the letters just noted where those were.

Zukuu

Banned
Hey can how do owned vehicles work now? If I buy a vehicle and leave it on some random street does it show back up in my garage? What if it explodes? Pretty hesitant to spend any cash on souping up cars for this reason.

It just behaves like any stolen car, so don't bother wasting any money. Sometimes customized / garage cars turn up at the impound and sometimes not, so don't bother with tuning as well.

Only cars safe to tune are the 3 standard cars and the Elegby RH8, as those retain their tuning even if they get destroyed or despawn.

I think what we're slowly learning in this thread is just... don't bother customizing the cars if you care about "saving" them, or the monetary investment.
Um, every car I have customized so far and lost at the same time have shown up at the impound. So no biggie, if I'm not missing something?

They will appear in the impound & you have to pick it up there,

I want to know this too, are customized cars 100% saved in the garage or impound?

I had a Infernus saved in my garage & never took iot out, but when I checked, it was gone.
I guess Franklin might have took it out when I was playing as Micheal.

Derrick01

Banned
So I decided to buy a stock on the market that doesn't rely on the internet right now and I bought an automobile insurance stock. I've already made it go up $0.12 by taking 5 minutes and ramming into a bunch of other cars at high speeds :lol

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone bought any of the properties yet? Some of them can be bought by all three characters and some seem to be locked off to certain ones, I just wanted to know if I buy the ones that all can buy can all three actually use them too?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, did one of Franklin's Strangers and Freaks missions. The one where he follows the dog. He was cracking me up.

Philia

What's the buttons for switching characters again? I'm having SEVERE issues with it right now. I just finished the trio mission where they all cooperate with one another getting that guy out of the building. It was frustrating when I couldn't remember how to bring up the damn menu to switch characters!

I'm playing rental btw. And there's nothing for Michael to do... so I want to switch to Trevor or Franklin.

So I decided to buy a stock on the market that doesn't rely on the internet right now and I bought an automobile insurance stock. I've already made it go up $0.12 by taking 5 minutes and ramming into a bunch of other cars at high speeds :lol

That's pretty damn clever, I might try that as well.

Only way to avoid is
use trevors special beforehand and kill him
Oh okay nice I'll take care of that douche bag soon.

Hit it big on the stock market after Lester gave me a little hint before one of the missions. A certain cigarette company. Invested $40,000 and stock went up 15%-20% after the mission ended. :)

skynidas

Banned
What's the buttons for switching characters again? I'm having SEVERE issues with it right now. I just finished the trio mission where they all cooperate with one another getting that guy out of the building. It was frustrating when I couldn't remember how to bring up the damn menu to switch characters!

I'm playing rental btw. And there's nothing for Michael to do... so I want to switch to Trevor or Franklin.

Down arrow. Hold it to bring the menu, tap it for a quick switch

Gorillaz

Tell us your console bro
Ps3 tho its down on the dpad and move the right analog to whatever direction you want

How do they even program this shit into the game? The amount of detail in everything you effect in the game world is mental.

Grisby

Based on the shittyness of their network thus far...not very.

The stealth is surprisingly well implemented. I've evaded cops at night by shooting lights out and hiding in the dark. I do wish they hadn't removed shoulder switching, gunfights in tight spaces are awkward.
Yeah, and I hope it doesn't take a long time to get to the good stuff (parachuting,etc).

I'll have to remember the stuff about the lights, that's a pretty cool.

Zukuu

Banned
How do they even program this shit into the game? The amount of detail in everything you effect in the game world is mental.

That isn't so hard. Older GTA's have "$ worth of destruction" as well. They just measure the damage done to cars and put that number into a basic formula.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait...how does the KIFLOM side quests gets activated exactly?

I had a blue ? pop-up for Michael and when I got there I saw a red car and he started to recite something and now I'm in the middle of nowhere in my underwear lol... How did this get started? haha.

TheContact

Hold down on dpad then select the character u want with right thumb stick

Top Bottom