• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Checking the in-game internet you can find a site for
'Junk' Drinks
... if you search through it you can find
a map that lists the locations for all of the Car Jump & Bridge Fly-Under Challenges
which will probably come in handy.

Has anybody had any joy finding
the UFO parts
?

Alpende

I love the little detail that when you turn your car off it makes those 'crackling noises' that real cars make as well when you turn them off.

ekim

Checking the in-game internet you can find a site for
'Junk' Drinks
... if you search through it you can find
a map that lists the locations for all of the Car Jump & Bridge Fly-Under Challenges
which will probably come in handy.

Has anybody had any joy finding
the UFO parts
?

I've read you can use Chop to
find the UFO parts
:)

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Loving the game. Got Trevor already but still quite early in the game I think. I just finished the
yoga mission. Didn't want the falling through the city part to end!

One thing that annoys me though are the fail states in certain missions. Yes most of the time they make sense, but not when you miss while hunting a deer!

CrovaxPSO

I kind of ignored the stocks except on the
obvious Lester missions
so I finished the main story with around $18 million per character. Anyone know a good way to earn money post-story? Listening to the radio for stock information hasn't turned anything up yet.

Having a blast so far, but man, the improved animation and details in pedestrians make me feel really bad about shooting them. I felt terrible when I accidentally punched a girl and knocked her out.... I only wanted to put her in my trunk... :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Having a blast so far, but man, the improved animation and details in pedestrians make me feel really bad about shooting them. I felt terrible when I accidentally punched a girl and knocked her out.... :(

I have this weird paranoia in games, and it's at its peak in this one, that I'll screw something up, and the world will never 'function' the way its supposed to again or something. So I'm always terrified of pushing a NPC and then thinking 'well they'll never do that animation again!'

I saw two guys hammering boards by the road earlier. It was awesome.,

saunderez

Didn't play Lost And Damned. What's the significance of The Lost, and specifically Johnny K?

The Lost is just a motorcycle gang, one of many. Johnny Klebbitz was a member of the Liberty City chapter and was President whilst it's former President Billy was in prison. He's who you play as in The Lost and the Damned expansion for GTA IV.

Sojgat

I have this weird paranoia in games, and it's at its peak in this one, that I'll screw something up, and the world will never 'function' the way its supposed to again or something. So I'm always terrified of pushing a NPC and then thinking 'well they'll never do that animation again!'

I saw two guys hammering boards by the road earlier. It was awesome.,

I have this paranoia as well. I got it from Dark Souls.

The Lost is just a motorcycle gang, one of many. Johnny Klebbitz was a member of the Liberty City chapter and was President whilst it's former President Billy was in prison. He's who you play as in The Lost and the Damned expansion for GTA IV.

Johnny's the main character in LAD? That's hilarious! What a way to introduce Trevor

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Btw what is everyone's most random vehicle? For me so far it's been a golf car way out in the desert towns.

Also how does you get the blimp to land, I call it but I never see it show up or any icons on the map?

Not sure if anyone answered this, but once you've called in a blimp it seems to spawn at only a couple of locations: the race tracks and the airport. There may be more, but I haven't explored enough of the map yet.

It shows up on the map as a black blimp icon (looks a bit like a bomb).

My most random vehicle has been a huge truck (almost monster size) on the beach near the funfair pier. Currently saving to spruce it up into one hell of a midlife crisis-mobile for Michael. Metallic yellow, black matte, ridonkulous grill, rollcage, the works.

I've played a few hours of GTA V and I'm not having any fun.

The loading times are too long.

There's way too much driving. I'm tired of driving to get to missions, especially since there are so many other cars to crash into and slow you down. Even getting a taxi takes too long (you have to call it, wait for it, wait for the button prompt to skip the cutscene, etc). At one point I wanted to start a new mission and when I arrived the game told me to get new, classier clothes. I drove to the nearest clothes store, which took a couple extra minutes but they weren't selling any (only casual clothes). So I checked my map for more stores... No way to tell which one would sell classy clothes and they were all too far away anyway, so I quit. Later on, I wanted to play again so I started the game, tried to start a mission then in the middle of the road I just felt 'This is boring, why am I even doing this?' and I stopped the console right away. I realized I had had enough.

At one point the rich dude's daughter called him so I accepted to help her. I drove to wherever she was located and got into the police car, as the game ordered me to, then... nothing. There was no message to tell me what to do, no dot on the map, no dialogue, nothing. I could not even cancel the mission or reload (apparently you cannot do that during 'side activities'). I had to force-quit the game.

The story has failed to get my interest and is just not fun (a Facebook/Steve Jobs parody? HOW FUCKING CLEVER, I'm dying of laughter). I missed the stereotypical black gangsters from San Andreas. I feel like Rockstar have tried so hard to make GTA V a 'cultural phenomenon' that they've forgotten to make something funny.

The controls are weird and even after a few hours I still hit the wrong buttons.

The map is not clear (I often drove to '?' signs or other symbols, only to find nothing or a message telling me I should come back with another character).

I don't know how to acquire the third character (I can play with the rich dude and the black dude only).

The framerate is terrible and there are jaggies everywhere.

So yeah, GTA V is pretty much shit. I knew the flood of high reviews was suspiscious. I don't care if it's supposed to 'get better'. The game has run out of time to prove me it is worth mine.

bitoriginal

I've played a few hours of GTA V and I'm not having any fun....

So yeah, GTA V is pretty much shit. I knew the flood of high reviews was suspiscious. I don't care if it's supposed to 'get better'. The game has run out of time to prove me it is worth mine.

Game just isn't for you dude. Just like I can't get into Final Fantasy, you can't get in GTA. Thanks for sharing how you feel though...

I kinda feel like this is one of those Minecraft situations. There's so much fun to have in this game if you have the imagination for it. If you can't find fun in this living, breathing sandbox world then I don't know what to say.

benzy

Is there a way to get a car you saved in your garage to return to your home after you destroyed it or left it somewhere? The only cars that I see return home are the default ones you've been given.

GlamFM

Banned

USRtJc7.png

Anson225

so would you guys recommend buy the offline or online (bawsaq) stock?
i know i can manipulate things in game for the offline stock
but does that affect bawsaq too?

There is one load time. Yes, it's long, but other than character switching's masked loading there isn't any.

The map is not clear (I often drove to '?' signs or other symbols, only to find nothing or a message telling me I should come back with another character).

The game tells you that character-specific missions are specific colors as soon as you get control of Michael, I believe. Maybe you missed it? Also, missions that aren't for your character are much smaller than regular icons on the map (not imparted to you through the game, granted).

I don't know how to acquire the third character (I can play with the rich dude and the black dude only).

The jaggies are definitely noticeable but I think the framerate is pretty solid given what's being rendered. I'll take GTAV's jaggies over GTAIV's muddy post processing any day of the week.

Garibaldi

Is anyone else pissed off that every media outlet feels the need to spoil the controversial scene? The game has been out less than a week and, while yes the scene will be difficult, I'd have like to go into it cold to get the full impact. But no, we have one article with a spoiler warning about it in the headline, then we get another (about an entirely different game, on the same site no less), that blatantly ruins the whole damn thing for us. Christ sake.

The little "question mark" missions, are they time sensitive. As in are they only available till a certain point?

I would like to be able to go through them post the main storyline. Without getting into spoilers, is that possible?

Also how can I "bling out" an Inferno I get in the street and never lose it? Cause it seems like gigantic waste of money to do it and then wreck the car 5 minutes later.

ekim

The little "question mark" missions, are they time sensitive. As in are they only available till a certain point?

I would like to be able to go through them post the main storyline. Without getting into spoilers, is that possible?

Also how can I "bling out" an Inferno I get in the street and never lose it? Cause it seems like gigantic waste of money to do it and then wreck the car 5 minutes later.

I highly suggest to do them as soon as you can as they introduce new activities like hunting etc...

Game just isn't for you dude. Just like I can't get into Final Fantasy, you can't get in GTA. Thanks for sharing how you feel though...

I kinda feel like this is one of those Minecraft situations. There's so much fun to have in this game if you have the imagination for it. If you can't find fun in this living, breathing sandbox world then I don't know what to say.
Well, I loved GTA San Andreas. It had technical issues (mainly loading times) but I finished it and had lot of fun with it.

Gun Animal

you get him after the first actual heist.

You already have fancy clothes in your closet, go to your house.

missions are color-coded based on which character their for. blue for michael, green for franklin, yellow for trevor.

If you want more "funny" black stereotypes, uh, switch over to franklin, bruh. lamar is pretty hilarious.

I recently got an Infernus for Michael as well.

Spent a lot of time modding it, parked it in his garage.

Next time I switched to Michael I went to the garage and it wasn't there.

BUT

It was parked on the street.

Holy fuck is it fast now though, that car is ridiculous. It's like it goes from 0-60 in 1.5 seconds when I reverse

ViviOggi

I think I "broke" a Barry mission (Sit in at the City Hall to get high?)
Franklin turns up, calls Barry, says oh shit I'll be there soon - that's hte last I've heard of him?

That's the point, you've just been supplying him with better stuff than the crap he's growing himself.

Angst

The game tells you that character-specific missions are specific colors as soon as you get control of Michael, I believe. Maybe you missed it? Also, missions that aren't for your character are much smaller than regular icons on the map (not imparted to you through the game, granted)..

Using colors to identify missions for different characters suck for colorblind people. Probably my only real complaint with the game so far.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

There's way too much driving. I'm tired of driving to get to missions, especially since there are so many other cars to crash into and slow you down. Even getting a taxi takes too long (you have to call it, wait for it, wait for the button prompt to skip the cutscene, etc). At one point I wanted to start a new mission and when I arrived the game told me to get new, classier clothes. I drove to the nearest clothes store, which took a couple extra minutes but they weren't selling any (only casual clothes). So I checked my map for more stores... No way to tell which one would sell classy clothes and they were all too far away anyway, so I quit. Later on, I wanted to play again so I started the game, tried to start a mission then in the middle of the road I just felt 'This is boring, why am I even doing this?' and I stopped the console right away. I realized I had had enough.

At one point the rich dude's daughter called him so I accepted to help her. I drove to wherever she was located and got into the police car, as the game ordered me to, then... nothing. There was no message to tell me what to do, no dot on the map, no dialogue, nothing. I could not even cancel the mission or reload (apparently you cannot do that during 'side activities'). I had to force-quit the game.

The story has failed to get my interest and is just not fun (a Facebook/Steve Jobs parody? HOW FUCKING CLEVER, I'm dying of laughter). I missed the stereotypical black gangsters from San Andreas. I feel like Rockstar have tried so hard to make GTA V a 'cultural phenomenon' that they've forgotten to make something funny.

The controls are weird and even after a few hours I still hit the wrong buttons.

You aint gotta like it cos the hood gonna love it.

Stopped at this second sentence because I'm a little confused. I haven't seen a single loading screen in this game. Are you sure you're playing GTA V?

As someone above my post said, there are very long loading times whenever you start the game and switch characters.

you get him after the first actual heist.

You already have fancy clothes in your closet, go to your house.

That's the same problem. It would require me to drive all the way to wherever the house is (I haven't seen a specific marker on the map and I didn't remember where the house was so I could have spent a long time searching) or call a taxi.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well, I loved GTA San Andreas. It had technical issues (mainly loading times) but I finished it and had lot of fun with it.

So you're just going to pretend San Andreas didn't have waaaaaaaay worse load times and just as much driving from location to location and way more filler missions in a world nowhere near as interesting as V. Alrighty then.

kitch9

Banned
As someone above my post said, there are very long loading times whenever you start the game and switch characters.

That's the same problem. It would require me to drive all the way to wherever the house is (I haven't seen a specific marker on the map and I didn't remember where it was so I couldn't find it anyway) or call a taxi.

Uhm, no there isn't.

kitch9

Banned

That's the same problem. It would require me to drive all the way to wherever the house is (I haven't seen a specific marker on the map and I didn't remember where the house was so I could have spent a long time searching) or call a taxi.

Your problem with the game appears to be you have no idea what you are doing.

UnrealEck

Ok I started GTA V and switched channel to my PC while it loaded. My controller was on the desk and it rumbled so I was wondering WTF it could be in the game. I switched back and Michael was in
Trevor's trailer and there was explosions going on outside. I went outside and the crazy bastard was chucking grenades like they were rocks.

Top Bottom