• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Raptomex

Thought it would be awesome to post this.

1173707_707135832636876_427294794_n.jpg

Btw what is everyone's most random vehicle? For me so far it's been a golf car way out in the desert towns.

Also how does you get the blimp to land, I call it but I never see it show up or any icons on the map?

Any idea how you are "meant" to find the targets for Trevor's Bail Bonds missions? I found the first one because the pic and description were enough but the second is pretty vague. I spent 20 min scanning my real life map for a similar shape of roads and must've missed it, and the pic seems to fuzzy to make out any distinctive landmarks. I also tried searching for the guy's name on the in game web. I don't want a spoiler as to where he is, I just wonder if there's any other methods of narrowing these things down I'm not understanding.

So how do you get the mini sub to the water? Do you have to use the cargo bob?

Yeah there's a button to press just in front of where it's hanging (if you're facing the sub, it's behind you). Press it and it will fall into the water.

Btw what is everyone's most random vehicle? For me so far it's been a golf car way out in the desert towns.

Spent a lot of time with a cement truck today.

Yeah there's a button to press just in front of where it's hanging (if you're facing the sub, it's behind you). Press it and it will fall into the water.

Spent a lot of time with a cement truck today.
but it's on land does it just automatically go into water or you have to carry it with the chopper to the water the release it, get out of the chopper and into the sub?

but it's on land does it just automatically go into water or you have to carry it with the chopper to the water the release it, get out of the chopper and into the sub?

Hm. You lost me. Are you talking about the
heist prep mission with Trevor?
I'm thinking maybe you're not which case I have no idea, lol. If you are talking about that, you just need to
get on the boat, knock out or kill the one guard, and there's little green dot on the map, and that's the button to press.

Sorry if we're not talking about the same thing. ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just thought of something: if this game is eventually released on PS4, we'll be able to record and share up to fifteen minutes of game footage at a time. That would be so fucking cool. Not to mention streaming.

GlamFM

Banned
Does anyone know what stuff does or doesn't count towards 100%?

In the in-game 100% tracker it doesn't seem like much is being counted towards completion but I think that might be because a LOT of stuff is lumped into hobbies? I think the tracker is left intentionally vague to not spoil what activities there are.

I've done 4 offroad races, and I'm thinking (or at least I'm hoping) that completing all of them will tick off one of the 60+ hobbies, for example.

Likewise, I think there's a lot more than ~20 Strangers and Freaks missions, but many of them are actually chains of missions, and they don't count towards completion until they're all done? I've completed 7 S&F missions but only 2 are listed in my 100% tracker, for example.

If anyone has any more details I would appreciate it :)

Go to the social-club site.
Everything it precisely listed there.

White Man

Does only Franklin get the racing Freaks sidequests? I'd like to avoid those.

Similarly, is there a way to quit missions without dying and quitting or failing and quitting? I hate getting stuck in something I'm not interested in at the moment.

terrible

Banned
I wonder if anybody out there has been able to sit through it all, I made it about 10 minutes.

I have a capture card so I just had it in a window using the capture software while I browsed the internet. You didn't miss anything I don't think. It was just credits & various scenic shots for ~36 minutes.

Vitor711

uh shooting while driving is strange why cant i aim before he starts shooting?

Yeah, even when I took control of a second character in the same vehicle, it started shooting as soon as I aimed, despite the tutorial telling me to use 2 different buttons for aiming and shooting. What's up with that?

Double D

Are we sure bawsaq is online? Because there are stocks only on bawsaq that are tied to
the assassination missions
given by L
ester
. I just played through several of them. And because you can't switch characters mid mission, I totally cheated and looked at what's effected before I started and bought stock with all three characters.

Edit - it's also 4 am and have to wake up in 3 hours. What am I even doing.

terrible

Banned
I thought parking a car in a garage saves it? Or do you lose it if you leave it somewhere after that?

I've had cars disappear from my garage so I don't even know how to save cars at all at this point lol. If you leave a car somewhere outside of a garage or whatever it's supposed to show up at the impound lot but good luck getting that to work. I've had ATVs and random stuff appear there instead of an Adder. Sucks.

Are we sure bawsaq is online? Because there are stocks only on bawsaq that are tied to
the assassination missions
given by L
ester
. I just played through several of them. And because you can't switch characters mid mission, I totally cheated and looked at what's effected before I started and bought stock with all three characters.

I did that with something too and
made a solid ~30% profit. That was before I heard that it's affected by online stuff rather than in-game stuff. Maybe I just got lucky?

If this game had a replay feature it would be amazing.

Only just unlocked the third character, don't want to do the missions - too much fun just driving round and exploring!!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone tell me where I can get the Green Bandanna for Franklin? I've checked all the shops and can't see it anywhere.

Similarly, is there a way to quit missions without dying and quitting or failing and quitting? I hate getting stuck in something I'm not interested in at the moment.
I'd like to know this too.

Got an invite to another game just as I started a mission and couldn't find a way to exit out and keep my progress. You can't quick-save during a mission and I couldn't find any other options to abort or quit.

jambo

I'd like to know this too.

Got an invite to another game just as I started a mission and couldn't find a way to exit out and keep my progress. You can't quick-save during a mission and I couldn't find any other options to abort or quit.

Go and punch a cop.

Nyx

I must be stupid.....

(story spoiler)

The mission with Trevor in which you need to burn down the Meth Lab of the O'Neills, it was very hard to kill all those dudes for me, but when I finally did nothing happened. The annoying mission theme played on and I could not see what I needed to do still. The green dot on the map brings you to the living room of the house but nothing is there. It took me 30 minutes to finally find goddamn stairs to the basement in which a jerrycan is placed which you need to use.... Couldn't R* make it a bit clearer on what to do here?

You don't even have to step onto the boat.
I shot the cables with a sniper rifle and the sub fell into the water.

Trever had me laughing again this morning.
He was taking a dump behind the dumpster, to the disgust of Mike, at the intro of the torture mission.

GlamFM

Banned
I must be stupid.....

(story spoiler)

The mission with Trevor in which you need to burn down the Meth Lab of the O'Neills, it was very hard to kill all those dudes for me, but when I finally did nothing happened. The annoying mission theme played on and I could not see what I needed to do still. The green dot on the map brings you to the living room of the house but nothing is there. It took me 30 minutes to finally find goddamn stairs to the basement in which a jerrycan is placed which you need to use.... Couldn't R* make it a bit clearer on what to do here?

They do. There is always an arrow on the dot indicating if you have to go up or down.
Pay attention - don´t blame R*.

I must be stupid.....

(story spoiler)

You want R* to hold your hand?

wizzbang

Banned
I think I "broke" a Barry mission (Sit in at the City Hall to get high?)
Franklin turns up, calls Barry, says oh shit I'll be there soon - that's hte last I've heard of him?

Robot Pants

So a few things need to be tweaked with this game

• Helicopter controls - I've gotten more used to them but man they are way too sensitive. Gta4 had it right.

• Gotta lower the time it takes to lose stars. - DEAR GOD. At 1 and 2 stars lower it majorly. Keep it for 3 and above.

• Saving your custom cars bug - fix plz

GlamFM

Banned
I think I "broke" a Barry mission (Sit in at the City Hall to get high?)
Franklin turns up, calls Barry, says oh shit I'll be there soon - that's hte last I've heard of him?

Same thing happened to me. The Social Club indicates that I have completed the mission.
I guess that really was all there was to it.

Top Bottom